Why... Just why?

Why... Just why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Why does the dungeon need to be temporary?
Why are the Fused Weapons only from the BLC?

Why can’t they make this (and add to it) a permanent dungeon with tokens much like the others and add the fused weapons as dungeon rewards to spend tokens on…?

Would it be so bad to allow more players to see these weapon skins rather than wasting 100s of dollars or more on keys and never seeing one? The dungeon on its own was awesome. Imagine it being its own explorable.. New content is what’s going to keep this game going, not temporary content and then the same old stuff afterwards.

What are your thoughts on this?

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Why... Just why?

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Would it be so bad to allow more players to see these weapon skins rather than wasting 100s of dollars or more on keys and never seeing one?

Would it be bad? No. Would it be less profitable? That’s the question that matter.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

Would it be so bad to allow more players to see these weapon skins rather than wasting 100s of dollars or more on keys and never seeing one?

Would it be bad? No. Would it be less profitable? That’s the question that matter.

Yeah but you can’t tell me with all the crap in the gem store that they aren’t swimming in money. I’m a game dev myself I know how expensive games are to create and maintain, but seriously. If they made 1 thing available and made more FUN for the gamers and more stuff to do and work towards, that should be a priority to tricking people into playing the lottery with weapon skins that can easily be implemented into a dungeon token system.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Because it is part of a “living story”, much like real life, when you destroy/change part of the world it stays changed. Well at least in a small way in game.. Temp content is a great test for what works and what doesn’t. Those things can be applied to the core game.

$ = Content, ie Flame and Frost

Why can’t they make this (and add to it) a permanent dungeon with tokens much like the others and add the fused weapons as dungeon rewards to spend tokens on…?

Suggestion. Whos to say you won’t ever see this style of dungeon in the future?

Would it be so bad to allow more players to see these weapon skins rather than wasting 100s of dollars or more on keys and never seeing one? The dungeon on its own was awesome. Imagine it being its own explorable.. New content is what’s going to keep this game going, not temporary content and then the same old stuff afterwards.

Temp content has been raking in serious money, and the majority of the playerbase love the content. It gives players a reason to keep coming back, because the world is always changing.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i now it’s a living story, but also the personal one is supposed to be living and in the end orr stay perfectly the same, we kill thousands of jormags and zhaitan a days, we kill mobs in cof even more a day but the dungeon still stays there and story in it is completely frozed and same all the time… so why this particular one not?

btw, temporary or not, this is the kind of dungeon i like to play, not the skip and repeat until you are numb or the skip this unless you want to stay in this dungeon for ever

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Why... Just why?

darkace.8925

Yeah but you can’t tell me with all the crap in the gem store that they aren’t swimming in money.

The rule of thumb regarding money is “if some is good, more is better.”

I don’t care for the lottery-ticket approach and wish they’d simply offer us the items we want for a one-time, straight-up fee. That’s a win/win; we get the items we want and they get our money. But evidently enough people get hooked into the Black Lion Chest-only approach to make it worthwhile for ANet to doing it this way.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

Because it is part of a “living story”, much like real life, when you destroy/change part of the world it stays changed. Well at least in a small way in game.. Temp content is a great test for what works and what doesn’t. Those things can be applied to the core game.

Temp content has been raking in serious money, and the majority of the playerbase love the content. It gives players a reason to keep coming back, because the world is always changing.

Is there a link you can provide to back up any of these statements you’ve made? Or is this just your opinion?

I would really be interested in reading about how much “serious money” they’ve made (especially). Also, you claim the “majority of playerbase love the content.” Does that mean 51% of the playerbase or a higher percentage? How many players have viewed this as “… a reason to keep coming back…”?

I find these topics very interesting. It would be great if you could provide some official links to ArenaNet employees.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

We just finished up an event that gave out tons of free and stylish weapon skins….

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

Temp content is a great test for what works and what doesn’t. Those things can be applied to the core game.

That’s great and all except all of the great new content they’ve added in the last couple of months has been temporary. I’m all for adding new great things and testing the waters, but if nothing ever comes from it, what’s the point?

SAB, this new dungeon, the new weapon skins. All gone after a week and a half from now. Why? That is so counter productive and they just go “here’s this awesome stuff but yeah it’s gone in 2 weeks”.

People are leaving the game in droves because of everything only being available from Black Lion chests and all of the content being removed after a week.

This temporary stuff and stuff only available from gambling doesn’t create compelling gameplay or interest in the game – quite the opposite.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I find these topics very interesting. It would be great if you could provide some official links to ArenaNet employees.

It’d likewise be great if we knew for a fact the opposite side was 100% factual that “almost everyone hates this stuff” or “the game is dying” or half a dozen other topics. I mean, baseless assertions are made on both sides.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

We just finished up an event that gave out tons of free and stylish weapon skins….

Care to elaborate and be a bit more specific?

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

It’d likewise be great if we knew for a fact the opposite side was 100% factual that “almost everyone hates this stuff” or “the game is dying” or half a dozen other topics. I mean, baseless assertions are made on both sides.

It’s also hard to gauge how many people are happy or unhappy because every negative post gets removed for “complaining”.

Why... Just why?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

That is so counter productive and they just go “here’s this awesome stuff but yeah it’s gone in 2 weeks”.

It’s very counter-productive to play a video game when I could be doing something like teaching myself physics, or complex mathematics, or how to fix cars . . . I mean, when you get right down to it, all this entertainment doesn’t produce anything.

But that doesn’t mean it’s worthless, or useless.

Again, it’s gone in two weeks. Not “gone forever”. The SAB in particular is said to have a decent chance of coming back when the team which worked on it feels it’s time to bring it back. (It’s hinted at having different skins, and a World 2, when it does…)

And it’s not like this sort of thing is new to MMO players. “GM run events” have been a part of things ever since the MUD days, and they were usually one-time things. The one which looms quite large in my memory would be “Bloody Kithicor” on EverQuest. (Also a contender for worst zone revamp ever.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Why... Just why?

Geotherma.2395

Is there a link you can provide to back up any of these statements you’ve made? Or is this just your opinion?

I would really be interested in reading about how much “serious money” they’ve made (especially). Also, you claim the “majority of playerbase love the content.” Does that mean 51% of the playerbase or a higher percentage? How many players have viewed this as “… a reason to keep coming back…”?

The forum post on people complaining they spent hundreds on the BLTC chance at fused skins, if you add the $ amounts of JUST the people who posted it is… interesting

As for the temp content discussion: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Temporary-content/first#post1924126

Some of the things I wrote are not found by dev posts, but sort of common sense. A nice example of the “testing” being true is the fact that the dungeon team were not the main people making the current dungeon that a large amount of people seem to have loved, much like SAB (but thats not GW2 core style).

You can definitely see that the exchange is going crazy with every change in new items, so one could say that they are making decent money. A lot of what I wrote is from experiencing players feedback in game (not as much on forums), and my personal experiences. So people can take those with a grain of salt if they like. I will however make an attempt to get some numbers and supply them for the community. As far as myself, arenanet has gotten enough of my money in the last 3 months to buy a xbox 360 fro every member of the living story team. So at least in that aspect, I know they are doing well :P

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Why... Just why?

Geotherma.2395

Temp content is a great test for what works and what doesn’t. Those things can be applied to the core game.

That’s great and all except all of the great new content they’ve added in the last couple of months has been temporary. I’m all for adding new great things and testing the waters, but if nothing ever comes from it, what’s the point?

SAB, this new dungeon, the new weapon skins. All gone after a week and a half from now. Why? That is so counter productive and they just go “here’s this awesome stuff but yeah it’s gone in 2 weeks”.

People are leaving the game in droves because of everything only being available from Black Lion chests and all of the content being removed after a week.

This temporary stuff and stuff only available from gambling doesn’t create compelling gameplay or interest in the game – quite the opposite.

As much speculation as my post “People are leaving the game in droves because of everything only being available from Black Lion chests and all of the content being removed after a week.”

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

As much speculation as my post “People are leaving the game in droves because of everything only being available from Black Lion chests and all of the content being removed after a week.”

There are obviously other reasons but I can tell you straight up a ton of my friends quit and went back to other games because of the money grubbing and not having enough to do in this game.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

That is so counter productive and they just go “here’s this awesome stuff but yeah it’s gone in 2 weeks”.

It’s very counter-productive to play a video game when I could be doing something like teaching myself physics, or complex mathematics, or how to fix cars . . . I mean, when you get right down to it, all this entertainment doesn’t produce anything.

Again, it’s gone in two weeks. Not “gone forever”. The SAB in particular is said to have a decent chance of coming back when the team which worked on it feels it’s time to bring it back. (It’s hinted at having different skins, and a World 2, when it does…)

And it’s not like this sort of thing is new to MMO players. “GM run events” have been a part of things ever since the MUD days, and they were usually one-time things. The one which looms quite large in my memory would be “Bloody Kithicor” on EverQuest. (Also a contender for worst zone revamp ever.)

Teach yourself physics or mathematics? What the hell does that have to do with what I’ve been talking about. If you’re just gonna play that game why even reply? That does nothing for this discussion.

Why... Just why?

Geotherma.2395

There are obviously other reasons but I can tell you straight up a ton of my friends quit and went back to other games because of the money grubbing and not having enough to do in this game.

I can understand that, but not everyone feels either way. People will stay/leave for different reasons. The game as a whole is still great and has time to improve. For those who can’t wait, you already own the game, its not going anywhere. I know I will personally be playing FFXIV (drools and the graphics and im an ff fan ^^;), some others like TESO, Destiny, and plenty of others coming. I believe a lot of the trouble with the game is based on the players attitudes towards it and the problem with rushing through the game. So taking a break won’t hurt anything especially not your wallet, and if you want to come back it is still here. But I don’t think all the doom and gloom people hang over GW2 is deserved, I just see peoples playstyles being a huge factor when it comes to issues about the game. And playstyles is not something you can design to fit everyone. But that is why there is other MMO’s out there ^^

Why... Just why?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It’s also hard to gauge how many people are happy or unhappy because every negative post gets removed for “complaining”.

Having seen posts that get infracted (and been infracted myself a couple times) there’s a definite line which needs to be respected. It boggles me that people know the line is there and run over it willingly, knowingly, and expect not to be visited by the moderators.

Here’s the thing though:

You’re going to have problem telling who’s unhappy because not everyone will come out and say it. Not every unhappy player comes on here and complains (with or without a follow-up deletion/closing), some just plain leave or go on hiatus. Likewise, happy players may not be posting on the forums to be counted. Sure, we could count up threads, posts, whatever but in the end it’s only indicative of those who are on the forums and not those in the game as a whole.

Add in that there are people who have stopped playing the game (admittedly, even) who still post here, usually just to say “boy am I glad I stopped playing” or some equivalent.

Add in there are people who aren’t playing right now due to other various reasons. At least one player I know has a small child to care for, or a sick relative. They’re not playing, and probably aren’t paying attention to anything.

And top it off with the possibility neither side will accept any poll as “legitimate”, for any number of reasons, and nobody’s going to agree on whether the majority are unhappy, happy, or just logging in to collect their daily goodies.

This is what annoys me when people on the forums (or Reddit, or Lion’s Arch chat) try to go on about “the majority” or “the silent minority” because there’s no way of them really knowing if they are representing the interests of the majority, the minority, or the skritt. The second part of the annoyances comes with people demanding proof, because they should know better. There’s no proof about something which is so wildly subjective a question as “are more people not enjoying the game than are?” or vice versa.

Why... Just why?

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Teach yourself physics or mathematics? What the hell does that have to do with what I’ve been talking about. If you’re just gonna play that game why even reply? That does nothing for this discussion.

What the heck does anything have to do with anything?

Look, you used that phrase: “counter-productive”. You use that, I’m going to point out that “productive” and “games” don’t mesh. Nothing is actually produced from playing games beyond entertainment. That’s what games are for. Working on a game, especially a part which doesn’t have a price tag attached like SAB or Living Story parts, is producing something which doesn’t have any purpose beyond entertainment.

Therefore, if you step outside the box of being a player? It’s totally counter-productive to even put an hour into a video game.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

Dude I remember a dev saying content is temp because they want to build a living world.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

I can understand that, but not everyone feels either way. People will stay/leave for different reasons. The game as a whole is still great and has time to improve. For those who can’t wait, you already own the game, its not going anywhere. I know I will personally be playing FFXIV (drools and the graphics and im an ff fan ^^;), some others like TESO, Destiny, and plenty of others coming. I believe a lot of the trouble with the game is based on the players attitudes towards it and the problem with rushing through the game. So taking a break won’t hurt anything especially not your wallet, and if you want to come back it is still here. But I don’t think all the doom and gloom people hang over GW2 is deserved, I just see peoples playstyles being a huge factor when it comes to issues about the game. And playstyles is not something you can design to fit everyone. But that is why there is other MMO’s out there ^^

I agree 100% with your entire post and I’m not saying I’m threatening to quit or anything because I’m not. I’m just disappointed seeing where Anet is going as a company and focusing more on making a few bucks on the gem store than producing compelling, lasting content for us.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

I’ve seen quite a few dumb people post on this forum. Mkalafut is like, top 10 level dumb.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

It’s a good way to stand out in an overcrowded market. Every MMO is static – the NPCs stand around in the same spot, say the same things, two years after Rift launched there’s a city overrun with undead in one of the starter areas that every player “saves” but the undead never leave.

A world that changes and grows, even in a minor way, is a step in the right direction towards creating an immersive and living environment for people to explore.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Because ppl will get bored of it in about 4 or so days and stop running it for fun but purely to farm.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

I’ve seen quite a few dumb people post on this forum. Mkalafut is like, top 10 level dumb.

Very well thought out post. Funny how voicing my concerns (being a day 1 vet of GW1) gets me trolled so hard. And makes me somehow dumb.

But looking through your messages in your profile I’m not surprised you’d come here to say nothing constructive.

Why... Just why?

tolunart.2095

My ideal MMO would be one in which every server starts out the same, but in-game events are permanent and the consequences of events on each server create a unique environment over time.

For example, imagine an army of centaurs assault Divinity’s Reach on May 1. On one server the attack is defeated and life goes on as normal.

On another Divinity’s Reach is overrun and while the attackers are defeated, most of the city is destroyed. The human personal story cannot be started until the repairs are completed, waypoints are unavailable until their mechanisms are replaced, NPCs are permanently killed and replaced with other NPCs, etc.

On a third server, the city is conquered and occupied by the centaur army. As above, personal story and waypoints are not available, and NPCs plan a counterattack to retake the city.

It would be an interesting and engaging environment to explore, but a nightmare to set up, control and debug. The living story is a compromise between this and a traditional MMO environment.

Why... Just why?

Geotherma.2395

I agree 100% with your entire post and I’m not saying I’m threatening to quit or anything because I’m not. I’m just disappointed seeing where Anet is going as a company and focusing more on making a few bucks on the gem store than producing compelling, lasting content for us.

I know people hate when I say “wait and see what happens”, but now that this arc of story has come to an end perhaps we will see more core focus. And using the information gathered from temp content they can make the core better. Thats my thoughts anyway.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

I know people hate when I say “wait and see what happens”, but now that this arc of story has come to an end perhaps we will see more core focus. And using the information gathered from temp content they can make the core better. Thats my thoughts anyway.

I hear ya. I’m thinking the same thing and really hoping for something like that to happen. Just for me it seems that they’re doing everything they were so against in their manifesto and early stages of development.

It’s all about the cash shop, it’s all about being lucky. Player skill or time invested has nothing to do with what you can earn in this game. I use the term “earn” lightly because you can just buy legendaries anyway.

Having a fused weapon should mean you participated in the living story event. Having things event-related shouldn’t be about cash shops and RNG. You should be rewarded for participating in events, not winning the lottery.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: wiloman.8613

wiloman.8613

Can we stop with the communist attitude in a F2P game already ? Ofc Anet wants profit, geniuses. You get to play the game everyday 24/7 if you want to for free, and you can take a break and not have your CC charged every month.
It’s purely cosmetic, you dont NEED it to play the game.

I take my statement back if you prove you get up and go to work every morning to be paid in candies -if at all- and actually make a living out of it.
Gosh… Kids nowadays want everything for nothing.

I will agree with 1 thing : the random chance to get them is not cool. But you still dont need it to play.

Why... Just why?

Geotherma.2395

I hear ya. I’m thinking the same thing and really hoping for something like that to happen. Just for me it seems that they’re doing everything they were so against in their manifesto and early stages of development.

It’s all about the cash shop, it’s all about being lucky. Player skill or time invested has nothing to do with what you can earn in this game. I use the term “earn” lightly because you can just buy legendaries anyway.

Having a fused weapon should mean you participated in the living story event. Having things event-related shouldn’t be about cash shops and RNG. You should be rewarded for participating in events, not winning the lottery.

But remember nothing on the cash shop is necessary. Players only hold it to such a high level solely because “fashion” and “prestige” is valued above everything else to (players), but the same isn’t true for devs. Yes they profit from the shop, but it has little to nothing to do with the core of the game. Nothing gives you functional advantage over players in game to anywhere near the point of being P2W.

Items in game are only worth the price we put on them, things in game only hold ANY value to those who attach value to them.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

Can we stop with the communist attitude in a F2P game already ? Ofc Anet wants profit, geniuses. You get to play the game everyday 24/7 if you want to for free, and you can take a break and not have your CC charged every month.

I take my statement back if you prove you get up and go to work every morning to be paid in candies -if at all- and actually make a living out of it.

I will agree with 1 thing : the random chance to get them is not cool. But you still dont need it to play.

Take it down a notch nobody wants to see you go into a rage induced coma there, guy. And I’m not even gonna waste time responding to you since apparently I’m a child and a communist.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

But remember nothing on the cash shop is necessary. Players only hold it to such a high level solely because “fashion” and “prestige” is valued above everything else to (players), but the same isn’t true for devs. Yes they profit from the shop, but it has little to nothing to do with the core of the game. Nothing gives you functional advantage over players in game to anywhere near the point of being P2W.

Items in game are only worth the price we put on them, things in game only hold ANY value to those who attach value to them.

They are not necessary no. But why keep awesome event related items limited to RNG lottery boxes that you need to pay for? Why not make it something like War in Kryta or just for completing the event getting a token or something?

In GW1 (you know, that game that funded GW2 development), you didn’t need to dump money into the game for cool items. There were no mini pets, item skins, or RNG to speak of in the GW1 cash shop. Event items were awarded from time and effort invested into playing the actual event, not spending money or gold on the lottery boxes and getting lucky.

That’s the point I’m trying to make here – vanity items or not, that’s not ok.

Why... Just why?

Katai.6240

Did you miss out on Super Adventure Box? The month long event that basically gave out skins hand over foot? You could spend one day doing SAB runs for a skin, with a chance to get a tradable version of the same skin in the chests. The tradable skins are worth like 20-60 gold right now.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

Did you miss out on Super Adventure Box? The month long event that basically gave out skins hand over foot? You could spend one day doing SAB runs for a skin, with a chance to get a tradable version of the same skin in the chests. The tradable skins are worth like 20-60 gold right now.

Yeah I ended the month with 49 bubble baulbes left over. Kinda upset about that, but I did manage to get every skin I wanted as well as some I’ll be selling later. That’s not what this thread is about though.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Heads up. Its not F2P.

First, you have to buy the game. To upgrade your inventory or personal stash you have to use gems. Whether you buy them with cash or in game gold, somebody at some point paid real money for it.

So no, GW2 is not F2P. It follows a microtransaction model, and this model as time goes on (in this game and new ones) will offer less and less content without some sort of surcharge.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

What are your thoughts on this?

I like the whole living world Flame and Frost story. But something permitting should remain like a dungeon or meta event. Or have some areas of the content “like the dungeon” open up now and then with a short story explaining why.

Why... Just why?

darkace.8925

Have I, in this post or anywhere else, derided ANet for selling products for which people are willing to pay? How about your point your snarky attitude somewhere else?

And by the way, Guild Wars 2 isn’t F2P, genius.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Very well thought out post. Funny how voicing my concerns (being a day 1 vet of GW1) gets me trolled so hard. And makes me somehow dumb.

But looking through your messages in your profile I’m not surprised you’d come here to say nothing constructive.

Day 1 GW1 vet coming through guys!

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

Day 1 GW1 vet coming through guys!

And there it is again. yawn. Anyway, pointing out that I’ve played Gw1 since launch is just to show where my basis is and where my pov comes from as to how GW2 is being handled. Not to flex an kitten.

Why... Just why?

Katai.6240

Yeah I ended the month with 49 bubble baulbes left over. Kinda upset about that, but I did manage to get every skin I wanted as well as some I’ll be selling later. That’s not what this thread is about though.

You’re complaining about skins being available through the gem shop. Are you arguing that Anet should never put weapon skins in the gem shop?

Why... Just why?

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

I agree with you OP but guess what.. Anet just wants to line there pockets with as much money as they can. I did over 150 BL chests not one skin. That is when i said F this no more money to anet ever. Myabe if NCSoft gets away from them they will come back into the light. ATM Anet is moving to the dark side. Also watch how they will say something about how they have to make money somehow.. BUT have you noticed everything that is new has been put into the gem market lately…. o except fused gaunts.. OPS other than that the new skins/fused weps/backpacks everything is on the stupid gem store. IT is as if this game was Korean based or some crap..

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Why... Just why?

darkace.8925

I agree with you OP but guess what.. Anet just wants to line there pockets with as much money as they can.

If that’s the case, why didn’t they put the new gauntlets in the Gem Shop? Or why did they give us the entirety of the F&F living story free of charge? And why didn’t they make Continue Coins for SAB Gem Shop items?

Seriously, some of you people need to grow up.

Why... Just why?

tolunart.2095

When people scream “take my money!” they’d be fools to say, “oh, we can’t do that, we have enough, thanks…”

They do something and it makes money, they keep doing it. If you want to know why they do X, it’s because people pay them to do it.

Why... Just why?

darkace.8925

Lol really Darkace.. you must be a fanboy if you do not see the amount of money Anet brings in off the gem store. So they throw you a bone with the gauntlets and maybe a slime chance at a back piece… That’s to just keep you quite. MAYBE if you take a look at all the CRAP that still needs fixed you would wounder where the hell your money is going from the gem store.. guess where.. BACK into the gem store.. and for the record if you don’t see that then no one can help you.

I’ll say it again for you, TheZeus…some of you people need to grow up.

Why... Just why?

TehPwnerer.7215

Lol really Darkace.. you must be a fanboy if you do not see the amount of money Anet brings in off the gem store. So they throw you a bone with the gauntlets and maybe a slime chance at a back piece… That’s to just keep you quite. MAYBE if you take a look at all the CRAP that still needs fixed you would wounder where the hell your money is going from the gem store.. guess where.. BACK into the gem store.. and for the record if you don’t see that then no one can help you.

So because people don’t share your point of view they need to grow up. Ironic.

Why... Just why?

darkace.8925

So because people don’t share your point of view they need to grow up. Ironic.

Try reading the thread again, and maybe – maybe – you’ll understand why I said what I said. I’ll give you a hint; it has nothing to do with a dissenting points of view.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I was sympathetic with you, until you said people are leaving the game in droves. Don’t make up stuff to try to prove a point, because it doesn’t work. The traffic today is mad busy. That doesn’t equate to people leaving the game in droves.

If you have no evidence to back up a statement, why make the statement.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I agree with you OP but guess what.. Anet just wants to line there pockets with as much money as they can. I did over 150 BL chests not one skin. That is when i said F this no more money to anet ever. Myabe if NCSoft gets away from them they will come back into the light. ATM Anet is moving to the dark side. Also watch how they will say something about how they have to make money somehow.. BUT have you noticed everything that is new has been put into the gem market lately…. o except fused gaunts.. OPS other than that the new skins/fused weps/backpacks everything is on the stupid gem store. IT is as if this game was Korean based or some crap..

The new guild skins and the new SAB skins weren’t in the market. And skins were ALWAYS fair game for the marketplace, because they’re just skins. They don’t make you more powerful. They don’t destroy the balance of the game.

Have you seen the threads that have asked for more choice of weapon skins in the gem store? What those people don’t count?

People are asking for stuff, Anet is delivering stuff and some people still complain.

And if you really want, you can go farm gold and get the stuff in the gem store with gold, something you can’t do in most games.

Why... Just why?

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Unfounded doomcrying is constructive conversation too! Who knew?

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!