Why Post on Forums?

Why Post on Forums?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

I’m wondering why people take time to post on forums. Anet doesn’t respond, do anything that is asked, or help those that need.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Nothing else to do…? :P

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I know I do it to help others who have questions. Also, there are some great people to chat with here.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Well there’s no other way to even attempt to communicate with them. And they do read. If a problem with an update is big enough the forums will go wild and they will do something about it. There also were changes that got implemented according to the CDIs that they did. So it’s not really pointless.
Plus it’s the best way to talk to a huge amount of players that you would normally not encounter (large percentage of forum users will not be from your server).

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As for “doesn’t do anything that is asked”, they just fixed halos/horns in dungeons…so, I guess they do.

I try to, and do, answer questions players have, when I can. So, there’s that.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There isn’t much point to posting in most threads. At the end of the day most threads are just people trying to tell other people they are wrong. It turns into a bunch of who can get the last word type stuff. Hot topics get brought up and they go for pages and pages of basically people saying, “You are wrong because..” and “No you are wrong because..” Then they die off after time and all efforts in the threads are just an example to wasted time. Welcome to Internet forums.

The Burninator

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

I’m wondering why people take time to post on forums.

Everyone loves a good rant.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m wondering why people take time to post on forums. Anet doesn’t respond, do anything that is asked, or help those that need.

I get them to respond, to do what I ask, and to help me.

If you want a response, you need to know where they are looking and present them with a question that they can answer.

To get them to do what you want you have to make a suggestion that they wish they had come up with.

If you want them to help you, put in a ticket to support. Explain your problem clearly and make it easy for them to help you.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I thought you were a better & smarter than that Caramon. Maybe if you actually spent some time in the forum rather than once, twice a week you’d know that Anet listens and communicates here.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

They also have to be careful how they respond. In many cases, it’s probably safer (and thus easier) for them not to, and that’s not considering policies they might work under.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

Obviously this is a rhetorical thread but hey Imma let me finish and answer it anyway.

I post here because sometimes I am bored, sometimes I find someone very irritating who I can easily beat in an internet fight, or because I want to help someone with what little knowledge I have. Occasionally I will say thank you or no thank you and just give some feedback. And say how awesome Elementalists are.

Oh and I like the sight of my own text.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

They also have to be careful how they respond. In many cases, it’s probably safer (and thus easier) for them not to, and that’s not considering policies they might work under.

This, and also … a lot of game companies have very strict policies about who can post and when. “Dev bait” posts, where someone taunts them to reply? Yeah those are just going to get locked. You will never get a response to a post like that unless it’s a mod locking the thread. Because if they start responding to those, just imagine the escalation of posts to get a reply.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: slymer.1406

slymer.1406

I rarely if ever post on this forum, but if I did it would be to communicate with other players. I do lurk here all the time though and find the forums pretty useful despite all of the complaining.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

I don’t post on the forums to talk to Anet. I post of the forums to engage with the community.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

If you need to complain about a pr issue such as character sexual portrayals or someone saying gay in map chat its the best place to get a super fast response from a dev.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/devtracker

Also, many of the changes that have been made to the game have been requested on the forums, although they may not have done what you asked for.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

As for “doesn’t do anything that is asked”, they just fixed halos/horns in dungeons…so, I guess they do.

What do/did the halo and horns do differently in dungeons that they didn’t do in the open world, which they still do and haven’t fixed that has been pleaded for?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What do/did the halo and horns do differently in dungeons that they didn’t do in the open world, which they still do and haven’t fixed that has been pleaded for?

Show up…and in SPvP, as well. =)

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

The Forums are actually an MMORPG as well.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I like talking to people and discussing various ideas. It’s also a place where you can learn and find out information about the game we all have in common etc.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Devs actually respond a lot of posts, maybe just not the ones you want.
I’m usually here at my work time, where I can’t play but since I’m in the IT I have full access to the internet.
Be active (not necessarily posting, just read is enough) in the forums gives a few advantages about next updates and then you can try to speculate some items in the TP and make a good profit or at least just be prepared (karma boosters and Belongings are good examples).
In general learn stuff and help others is a good feeling.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I like to rage at people who have no idea what they’re talking about.

Then rage some more at my 10 minute post cooldown preventing me from correcting them.

Then rage at the 50%-failure-to-post Fatal Error (10) page that only ever happens to appear after typing a cell-phone essay.

I really just like to rage, I guess.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Devs don’t care unless it brings in the dough.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I don’t check or post here for Anet to see, at least not outside the Bugs and Support section. It’s mostly to see what the state of the playerbase is an reception to various things in game, as I don’t socialize much in-game outside the guild. My chat tab is even set to only guild, party and whispers in-game.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I only post on forums to make other people feel miserable.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Not responding is not the same as not listening. There have been many implementations and fixes thanks to the feedback on these forums. If ANet does not address a post it may be because its so low on their priority list. That priority list is probably not the same as ours.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

To discuss various aspects of the game with other players of said game?

I don’t think I’ve ever posted or replied on the forums expecting a dev to respond. Most people are here because they strong feelings about the game, either good or bad, and want to share their opinions with others that may feel the same way.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Because we want to talk about the size of those tubers and the color of rice balls and the sound of kittens

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Sad to say, but posting on the forums is more fun than playing the game. At least for me. Playing the game is a bit depressing…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Sad to say, but posting on the forums is more fun than playing the game. At least for me. Playing the game is a bit depressing…

Sounds like you need more friends that play

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Why Post on Forums?

Gotta do something at work…you know other than actual work…just a shame I can’t get away with actually playing games, then work would be awesome!

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Why Post on Forums?

Gotta do something at work…you know other than actual work…just a shame I can’t get away with actually playing games, then work would be awesome!

This too. Hehe. I wish my work laptop could handle the game >.> But for now I’ll just PVF!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Sounds like you need more friends that play

They ditched the game in under a week after release…
Guild keeps kittening transferring, and I really don’t want to drop ~$20 (?) each time, or waste gold I’ve been saving up (for precursor, which is such a long “journey” for the precursor on it’s own).
Class that I like get’s nerfed almost every patch and complained at day-in-day-out. Nothing is being done about it, aside from nerfs just to keep the masses happy until they want more.

So yeah forums > game, at least for GW2 and for now.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

If we can spam bugs on forum long enough they will probbably fix it.. So we need to encourage people to speak more about the bugs. and to revive 1 year old bugs that are still not fixed…
We need to motivate arenanet to fix bugs. Every game has bugs, and nobody wants them, expect if they are exploits, then we need to keep our mouth shut, and wait them to realize alone that they have exploit bugs…

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I do it because I have hope that that will change.

[varX] Limitless Potential

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Because it makes me feel like I’m still “in the game” while I’m at work :p

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Why Post on Forums?

Yes!!! I peruse the forums and formulate my responses when I need a quick break from the daily grind of my job. Though I’m glad I can’t actually play at work or my addiction would take over completely.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

They don’t always respond but it’s the only place you have a chance of getting them to listen and they do have people who read them. So if you want to give your input it’s your only chance.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

This post made me so happy ^^

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

This post made me so happy ^^

I’m sorry.

Why Post on Forums?

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Anet responds to people, does things that are asked, and helps people in need. I think what you meant to say is “I didn’t understand a situation, had an amazingly bad idea about the situation I didn’t understand, ranted about it and Anet didn’t acknowledge me.”