Why are PvP League markers displayed in PvE?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

My favourite awesome purple wells, the epic fireball and the magical auras got nerfed with the excuse of “reducing visual noise”. So what is the point of having this completely irrevenant information clutter my screen in PvE?

Map completion, mastery level number (3-digit, going over 100), “I bought HoT” icon, and now the PvP League marker. The names are overloaded with information both in world and in target mode, where the multiple icons are not even aligned and look like a total mess…

The PvP icon should not be displayed in PvE. To make people play PvE, one fixes matchmaking, splits PvE and PvP balance and makes new non-PvE maps, and not pushes more e-Sports information into our screens.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Why are pve titles in pvp? Why is legendary earned in pve aviliable in pvp? these are all clutters, also remove all pve skins while at it just make everyone standard model. smh.

/sarcasm

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Because e-sports.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

All icons, titles and everything unneccessary clutter should be toggleable.

Posted by: Cyrotek.7019

Cyrotek.7019

I actually like such symbols to show, was someone achieved. But the placement of this one is … not exactly optimal.

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

ANet probably wants to advertise the existence of leagues to people that do PvE/WvW exclusively.

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Why are pve titles in pvp? Why is legendary earned in pve aviliable in pvp? these are all clutters, also remove all pve skins while at it just make everyone standard model. smh.

/sarcasm

I’d be cool with that.

Make them separate clients with completely independent reward structures while they’re at it.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Raedwulf.3712

Raedwulf.3712

All icons, titles and everything unneccessary clutter should be toggleable.

Absolutely. I agree with the OP. I’m not the slightest bit interested in competitive PvP, and I don’t care what rank someone has achieved in it. It’s just another piece of pointless visual clutter, and I cannot imagine that there will be more than a tiny minority of players going “Oooo…Must… Play!!!” as a result.

Toggleable, please.

Guild Leader, The White Company, Piken Square

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

/sarcasm

you know, it actually used to be like this. pve skins were removed from PvP, you had to earn pvp-only skins.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, it looks very out of place. Titles and mastery points do not get shown on the regular name plates, but pvp icon does?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.