Why can't I play on my own server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: vento.7913

vento.7913

I apologise for only having a few hours a day to play.

I am pretty fed up with not being able to join Tequatl at reset time.
I go to sparkly fen 55 min before its time and I thrown into overflow and cant join my party on main even if i spam the join option during all that time.

How about a cap on guesting players per server?
Why will so many server guests be able to do it on my server and i have to waste my playing time trying to get in and failing to do so?

How about looking into this setting some limits on guesting?

Mad Vento – Norn Warrior – squishy lvl 80
Desolation since Beta

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

anet doesn’t care as long as Blackgate can do it, the rest of the servers can suck it and quit qqing.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

http://ttsgamers.com/

These guys are great, I play on Sea of Sorrows and have joined TTS against Teq multiple times. They usually run it on a couple of overflows so it’s not difficult at all to get into at least one of the overflows.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think guesting should be invite only. By that I mean a player wishing to guest should have to be invited by a friend on the server they wish to guest to. A person would only be able to invite 4 players at a time, in other words a party.

This would solve a few things. It keep people from guesting out of their servers and in turn make their server more active. It would maintain the idea of being able to guest to play with your friends since your friends could invite you over in their party. Lastly it would minimize people getting bumped into overflow on their own server due to people on low pop servers mass guesting.

In summary it would maintain the concept you can play PvE with your friends no matter what server but would minimize mass guesting that bumps you into overflow on your own server.

The Burninator

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I understand the idea behind that Trog, but that would make dungeons a nightmare…

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I apologise for only having a few hours a day to play.

I am pretty fed up with not being able to join Tequatl at reset time.
I go to sparkly fen 55 min before its time and I thrown into overflow and cant join my party on main even if i spam the join option during all that time.

How about a cap on guesting players per server?
Why will so many server guests be able to do it on my server and i have to waste my playing time trying to get in and failing to do so?

How about looking into this setting some limits on guesting?

There are “soft caps” and “hard caps” for each server. If the server is “soft capped”, that means there’s still room for players to get in. What has to happen is that at least one of your party members is on the main server. The other party members can’t click to join or WP in. You need to enter the map from an adjoining map. For instance, if you’re in Spark Fly overflow, exit through the Mount Maelstrom portal. Then walk back through the same portal to get back into the Spark Fly map. As long as there’s room left on the main server, you’ll be able to get in.

In a “hard capped” situation, that means the main server of the map is completely full with players getting in as described in the “soft capped” details above. There’s absolutely no way to get in unless another player DCs or leaves voluntarily. Once that happens, the queue pops, and it’s a race to get in.

To explain it in numbers, say a map can only hold 100 players at a time. (I’m just pulling numbers out of the air, so don’t quote me on this) Anyways, the 100 player limit would be the “hard cap”, where there’s no more room for anyone. A “soft cap” would be something like 90 players already on the main server. Any new players trying to WP in will automatically go into the overflow. The only people that can get in is if someone is partied, and enters through a map portal.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Even if you could only guest to servers that you have friends on would probably not make a difference. Multi server guilds will still have friends on the server they want to guest to anyway

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

" I go to sparkly fen 55 min before its time and I thrown into overflow and cant join my party on main even if i spam the join option during all that time."
Many people at reset que for over 2 hours to get into the Main map- you are leaving it too late.

If more people were prepared to learn this fight and the defence roles it should be possible to organise within 20 mins and at non-reset times.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

I understand the idea behind that Trog, but that would make dungeons a nightmare…

Dungeons = neutral, separate server. Problem solved.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

A lot of people all guesting to the same server is probably the only way Teq is currently being killed on a daily base. Implementing a guesting cap would destroy that option too. If you want to kill Teq, join a Teq slaying guild or be early.

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

A “soft cap” would be something like 90 players already on the main server. Any new players trying to WP in will automatically go into the overflow. The only people that can get in is if someone is partied, and enters through a map portal.

Right-click on the portrait of someone in your party who’s on the main map and chose “Enter map xy”. Works perfectly fine until it’s hardcapped. No need to enter the map through a map-portal.

A lot of people all guesting to the same server is probably the only way Teq is currently being killed on a daily base.

Well, I can assure you it’s not the only way; at least not on the server I am. We usually kill it twice every day.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Blame the design of the encounter, not the players.
Those guesters can’t do it on their servers, so they have no choice but to guest.

And that’s all due of the high scaling – it is useless to even try doing the event if there isn’t an army of players already there. And people will go where they know they can find said players. Your server, for example.

(edited by Manuhell.2759)

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think guesting should be invite only.

Seriously man… I don’t think even half the servers manages to do Tequatl. Low pop servers never do it, so people guest to others. Go into the map sooner if you don’t want to wait. I understand if you don’t have time, but you can just leave your client afk and keep it active by going into it every 5-10 minutes.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Blame the design of the encounter, not the players.
Those guesters can’t do it on their servers, so they have no choice but to guest.

And that’s all due of the high scaling – it is useless to even try doing the event if there isn’t an army of players already there. And people will go where they know they can find said players. Your server, for example.

This. Basically, the whole server architecture is flawed. It splits communities, friends and creates havoc with world events.

Super active servers are great, but if you are in a under populated one then it seems you are out of luck unless you pay. If you were to remove guesting then all that would happen is these smaller servers would empty until the larger pop ones were totally full leaving even less people in the smaller ones.

I bet we’ll have identical issues in the Wurm event as we did with Teq in terms of overflows, guesting and the like.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

vento.7913

" I go to sparkly fen 55 min before its time and I thrown into overflow and cant join my party on main even if i spam the join option during all that time."
Many people at reset que for over 2 hours to get into the Main map- you are leaving it too late.

If more people were prepared to learn this fight and the defence roles it should be possible to organise within 20 mins and at non-reset times.

You missed the point. I go there all that time before just to try to get in not to be on time for organization. Organization takes less than 10 min if ppl are not afk which normally they are because they have to be parked there for so long to have a chance to do it.

It doesnt make any sense that you have to gather more than 15/20 minutes before for an event that takes less than that.

Someone i cant quote right now explained the soft and hard caps thank you but i know that and what I experience is hardcap almost an hour before.

I am not against guesting as principle i just say it needs to be capped/controlled/ limited (whatever you want to name it). It should either cap guests per server or map, OR for example – and considering you can guest 2 servers a day – that you cannot guest the same server every single day (otherwise just transfer) for instance a player can only guest each server once every 2 days.

Desolation since Beta

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

http://ttsgamers.com/

These guys are great, I play on Sea of Sorrows and have joined TTS against Teq multiple times. They usually run it on a couple of overflows so it’s not difficult at all to get into at least one of the overflows.

I stumbled across these guys yesterday. Fantastic experience.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

OP, your desire would seem to be a natural one. That is, one would expect that you would be able to travel to the place where an encounter takes place and participate in the encounter if it takes place in the open world. I understand your problem with the reality of this. What you have to understand is that Teq is an object lesson in how not to design an encounter in open world PvE. What I see there is an empty world where once it was populated. In a game that uses the term “living world” so often you would expect encounters that at least populate the living world in which they occur. No, there is really no justification for the encounter design, but as has been said, there are “guilds” created especially for it—another indication of the level of the design problem—and you can actually do the encounter if you are willing to jump through the hoops.

Paradox.5498

A “soft cap” would be something like 90 players already on the main server. Any new players trying to WP in will automatically go into the overflow. The only people that can get in is if someone is partied, and enters through a map portal.

Right-click on the portrait of someone in your party who’s on the main map and chose “Enter map xy”. Works perfectly fine until it’s hardcapped. No need to enter the map through a map-portal.

Only works for joining ppl in overflow maps, not in main maps.

A lot of people all guesting to the same server is probably the only way Teq is currently being killed on a daily base.

Well, I can assure you it’s not the only way; at least not on the server I am. We usually kill it twice every day.

With help of an army of people guesting on your server. Blacktide, Desolation… ppl know Teq’s getting killed there regularly and guest. I highly doubt there’s ONE server where Teq would be killed without a lot of ppl guesting.

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

With help of an army of people guesting on your server. Blacktide, Desolation… ppl know Teq’s getting killed there regularly and guest. I highly doubt there’s ONE server where Teq would be killed without a lot of ppl guesting.

BG and JQ are two that would have no issues killing Tequatl without guesting. What guesting does is result in multiple overflow servers all killing Tequatl as well.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Those ‘guesters’ only have a few hours to play also.

Should they be punished for being on a server that does not have the manpower or organizational skills to defeat Tequatl?

They have just as much right to do that event as anyone else. Their time is just as valuable as yours.

It may be “your” server, but that doesn’t give you exclusive rights or preferential treatment for the events that occur on it.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

How? Dungeons are an instance. Any player from any server enters it.
They don’t take up map space.

vento.7913

Those ‘guesters’ only have a few hours to play also.

Should they be punished for being on a server that does not have the manpower or organizational skills to defeat Tequatl?

They have just as much right to do that event as anyone else. Their time is just as valuable as yours.

It may be “your” server, but that doesn’t give you exclusive rights or preferential treatment for the events that occur on it.

Yes it should give preferential treatment to home (server) users because that same event is available on each server.

In fact those that dont have enough players to do the event are those that should organise themselves to collectivly do it on either of their own servers.

Also servers have to fight on their own in WvW its not like everything is a sharing dream among all servers.

Server competion and representation is part of the game.
There are issues with population on all servers and server migrations have taken toe on all. I am on my server since beta and not planning to move even if many times i dont have people on maps to do events and such.

If your server doesn’t work for you that is not mine nor my server’s problem. Just like in WvW if you dont have the headcount that is your server problem not the other servers.

Desolation since Beta

Mad Rasputin.7809

Yes it should give preferential treatment to home (server) users because that same event is available on each server

Well if this was the case, it would defeat the whole purpose behind guesting wouldn’kitten Essentially this would break the guesting system.

What a lot of people don’t realize, you can have your own server’s population cause overflows very easily too. It’s just not the guesters causing this.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

The way guesting works is just fine. Why would you have a priority just because you were more lucky with your server choice? Those who are willing to invest more time in it should be rewarded. That’s why you should be there earlier instead of thinking you have more rights than someone else on the game.

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

The way guesting works is just fine. Why would you have a priority just because you were more lucky with your server choice? Those who are willing to invest more time in it should be rewarded. That’s why you should be there earlier instead of thinking you have more rights than someone else on the game.

Anet, hire this guy.

/s

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You can’t join because it was full at the moment.
Try getting there earlier or joining a guild dedicated to slaying Tequatl (TTS, for example).

vento.7913

And what is the purpose of server guesting system? to allow players to experience playing in other servers and other servers comunities OR is it just intended to allow farmming other servers repeatedly?

If you read the last paragraph in my second post in this thread you will understand I am not against guesting itself but against mass guesting into a server in way that makes it unplayable for the hosting server players.

As for the last replies:
how much earlier you think is necessary? maybe 2 hours? 3 hours? 4 hours? and make sure i stay in auto run against a wall as i see so many there?

And honestly I see no point in joinning a Teq killing guild – what for ? to know where to guest for it?

Desolation since Beta

(edited by vento.7913)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Pretty sure if you’re in a party and you DC, you can login again land in overflow and then hope over to the main server, even if it’s full. That’s what some of my guildies in the early days of the Scarlet world events did.

vento.7913

Nope in Hard Capping if you dc you most likely will not be able to join your party or main map unless you get the spot of someone else that dc’s in the meantime.

Happened to me before in the middle of killin Teq I dcd and got stuck in overflow and receive no acknowledgement for the part i fought.

Desolation since Beta

Mad Rasputin.7809

Nope in Hard Capping if you dc you most likely will not be able to join your party or main map unless you get the spot of someone else that dc’s in the meantime.

Happened to me before in the middle of killin Teq I dcd and got stuck in overflow and receive no acknowledgement for the part i fought.

I can confirm this. DCed during Tequatl before myself and ended up in overflow with no way to return to the main map (even trying to rejoin party) and no rewards.

Happened to me at Jormag and Shatterer also before.

Unfortunate, but I’ve learned to live with it.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The problem with Teq is NOT the guesting system.

The guesting system is just used as a way to get around the problem of the design of the encounter.

The encounter requires too many people with too much organization for it to happen. What to do is not intuitive if you don’t have people there who know what to do. And you have 15 minutes after he spawns to kill him.

And so on servers with low PvE activity, it is next to impossible to do Teq given the timer. So in order for them to do Teq, they have to guest to a server which does do Teq.

The guesting system should not be changed. The encounter should be tweaked to better scale to the number of people around or have the timer extended to allow for smaller/less organized/less experienced groups to kill him. That way there isn’t as much of a need to guest to other servers.

The guesters making servers go into overflow is not the problem. Heck, I think TTS intentionally forces Sparkfly into an overflow for Teq. So that most people in the map are actually trying for Teq and not doing other things.

Saturn.6591

And I’m telling you we always taxi in from overflow to main-map with right-click —> enter sparkfly.

Nope; I can assure you we’re at least 90-95% non-guesting players every time. And also, I’m neither on Blacktide, nor Desolation.

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

You don’t own the server, you don’t pay a monthly sub for it, you have no proprietary rights to it whatsoever. So ‘guesters’ as you call them, are just players like you who are entitled to utilize the tools the designers added to the game to enjoy the game as they want. But as I said in a previous post about Deso Teq, get there an hour early and be prepared to block alot of Deso players who insult you and your mother for being ‘guest scrubs’.

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

Posted by: Ralron.8124

Ralron.8124

dont need guest to cause over flow.

blakgate server is FULL , so deal with it, lol , most major events will ALWAYS have overflow on does servers.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I get off work at 4 and Teq usually spawns around 5/5:30. I get home from my commute at ~4:30, run upstairs, log in to my character who I have devoted to teq sitting at the quaggan waypoint so I don’t have to waste time porting through LA -> SF and still get kicked into the overflow. Even when my boyfriend gets home right at 4 and logs me in, I’m overflowed. So my only option then is to hang out or join in the overflow until Teq goes down on my home server and camp until he spawns again (not so interested in the reward, interested in the perfect turret defense achieve). Except that I have things like dinner and the gym etc. The wait can be even worse on the weekends. And that’s assuming I don’t want my daily/can somehow get it all in SF or have the time after the battle to do it. A terribly inefficient use of my time, so I’ve been largely uninterested in teq until I got to this point of being one achievement away from my title.

Camping is not fun. I agree, OP. It’s just hard to pinpoint how to fix it/what to blame. I blame the nature of the teq encounter but I know it’s a nuanced situation with guesting.

That said, the overflows I’ve been in have been doing amazingly this week (nice work, everyone!), though my only chance at Perfect Defense will be stumbling upon TTS or somehow camping Blackgate for the ~2-3 hours I’d need to make it into a teamspeak coordinated Teq run.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

And I’m telling you we always taxi in from overflow to main-map with right-click —> enter sparkfly.

No. Once the map is “soft capped”, you cannot right click to join on the main. You must enter Spark Fly from an adjoining map to bypass the cap. I’m in TTS, and we fill maps on guest servers daily, so I have a bit more experience regarding full maps.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Saturn.6591

No. Once the map is “soft capped”, you cannot right click to join on the main. You must enter Spark Fly from an adjoining map to bypass the cap. I’m in TTS, and we fill maps on guest servers daily, so I have a bit more experience regarding full maps.

Okay, then explain me the following scenario:

1. People waypoint from LA to Sparkfly and end up in an overflow.
2. Those people ask in guildchat for taxi.
3. Those people get invited to party.
4. Those people right-click the portrait of someone in the party who’s on the main map and chose “Enter Sparkfly Fen”.
5. Those people get a short loading screen and are on the main map.

The fact that they end up in an overflow means the map is softcapped. The fact that they can get to the main-map with right-click-transfer means that it works. Or did I miss something?

Now that you say you’re in TTS… maybe people who are guesting can not do that? Maybe people who guest need to use the other method? If so, then “native” players indeed have a bit of an advantage over guesting players already.

Paradox.5498

4. Those people right-click the portrait of someone in the party who’s on the main map and chose “Enter Sparkfly Fen”.

The fact that they end up in an overflow means the map is softcapped. The fact that they can get to the main-map with right-click-transfer means that it works. Or did I miss something?

Now that you say you’re in TTS… maybe people who are guesting can not do that? Maybe people who guest need to use the other method? If so, then “native” players indeed have a bit of an advantage over guesting players already.

What you are missing is that we’ve been telling you THERE IS NO OPTION TO RIGHTCLICK-JOIN when you’re trying to get into a main (non-overflow) map! Check it when you’re playing again. There. Is. No. Such. Option. You can rightclick-join your friends in overflow but NOT in main maps. The only option to get through soft cap is join someone in a party who’s already in the main map and then zone in onto that map from an adjacent zone and hope you’re lucky. There is no other way.

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Overflows are A-OK with me. In fact, since I started doing Teq every night, I’ve been in an overflow 50% of the time, and the overflow usually manages to down the dragon.

The word ‘overflow’ isn’t a bad word. Seriously. It’s just a second instance, and all the people in that instance want to kill Teq just as much as the ones on the main server.

If you are in a full overflow, you shouldn’t have any problems.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

“Organization takes less than 10 min if ppl are not afk which normally they are because they have to be parked there for so long to have a chance to do it.”
I wish !

Even with non-afk people many are not prepared to volunteer for roles for fear of doing them wrong or messing up. A lot of these people DC – it would be nice if the AFK timer was shorter (it’s about 20-40 mins) I think. This would help a lot during the organisation of things like TEQ. Requiring people to be active in the map. E.g. 1 hr before any world boss spawns – mX afk time is 20 mins. 30 mins before he spawns is it 10 mins. 15 mins before he spawns it is 5 mins. This would help ensure people are actually there.

The best I have had is all roles filled and organised within 30 mins. If you have a regular crew that is dedicated to TEQ all the roles are pre-filled before they even travel into the Map (organisation is done offline before the battle).

The big issue here is people think being in the DPS Zerg is the answer and they will afk till the last minute. It does seem really unfair on the 20-30 who are filling defense/turret roles who are doing the majority of the hardwork.

Right now these battles are relying on too few people to try to get people organised and try to get people in defensive position.

I don’t know if this is a symptom of the game where no other world boss or dungeon requires proper co-ordination. Most things seem to be a simple stack and smash Zerg fest (brainless). The sooner all other world bosses are upgraded requiring co-ordination the better – I think this is the only way people will start to think and learn.

If this event properly scaled we would have less issues with overflows and on quieter servers.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Saturn.6591

What you are missing is that we’ve been telling you THERE IS NO OPTION TO RIGHTCLICK-JOIN when you’re trying to get into a main (non-overflow) map! Check it when you’re playing again. There. Is. No. Such. Option. You can rightclick-join your friends in overflow but NOT in main maps. The only option to get through soft cap is join someone in a party who’s already in the main map and then zone in onto that map from an adjacent zone and hope you’re lucky. There is no other way.

Did you even read what I just wrote? Point 1 to 5? It appears for everyone in the Tequatl-guild of our server, there IS such an option. We are using it EVERY DAY. I myself did so last time yesterday, because there already was an overflow when I entered Sparkfly. But I had no problems at all to right-click taxi onto the main map after I got invited into a party with someone who’s already there. Maybe you guys have another client? Or maybe it’s just like I guessed, and it has to do with people who are only guesting maybe not being able to right-click transfer to main maps, but “native” players being able to? It baffles me how you insist that this option doesn’t exist, when me and 90 other people use it on a regular basis.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

Did you even read what I just wrote? Point 1 to 5? It appears for everyone in the Tequatl-guild of our server, there IS such an option. We are using it EVERY DAY. I myself did so last time yesterday, because there already was an overflow when I entered Sparkfly. But I had no problems at all to right-click taxi onto the main map after I got invited into a party with someone who’s already there. Maybe you guys have another client? Or maybe it’s just like I guessed, and it has to do with people who are only guesting maybe not being able to right-click transfer to main maps, but “native” players being able to? It baffles me how you insist that this option doesn’t exist, when me and 90 other people use it on a regular basis.

You are right there, I experienced this myself. When on my server I could use the right-click option without a problem, but when guesting on another server and landing on an overflow the option is not there. Meaning this taxi-option is only given to the native players of the server.

Paradox.5498

Well, aparently you’re getting a different treatment than me, as I never get this option when I’m not trying to join an overflow, neither when I’m guesting nor when I’m trying to be in the main zone on my home server, nor is anyone else in the guilds I’m in. I’d love to see a screenshot where you show the “join” option without the overflow part in it. Cause it this is true, I want to confront ANet and know why I don’t get this option. Ever.

(edited by Paradox.5498)

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

the idea of charging us to swap servers for a game like this, with so much dynamic content, is a horrible and greedy idea to begin with, runescape did it right (suprisingly) we should be able tos wap on the fly with a cooldown between for however long we want and that would be our permanent server, maybe this would make all the other servers feel less dead and encourage ppl toa ctually play normal content…..

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

anet doesn’t care as long as Blackgate can do it, the rest of the servers can suck it and quit qqing.

haha!

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Saturn.6591

You are right there, I experienced this myself. When on my server I could use the right-click option without a problem, but when guesting on another server and landing on an overflow the option is not there. Meaning this taxi-option is only given to the native players of the server.

That’s actually really nice then. It means that server-native players still have a bit of an edge over those that are guesting, which is how it should be an what many players already demanded before.

the idea of charging us to swap servers for a game like this, with so much dynamic content, is a horrible and greedy idea to begin with,

I don’t see your problem. You can guest for free, and that’s all you need to do to do anything PvE-related. On top of that, you can do dungeons cross-server without even needing to guest. The only thing you’d need to actually transfer (and pay) for, is if you want to WvW for another server. Everything else is completely free. So again… what are you even talking about? Greedy, because it’s for free?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

the idea of charging us to swap servers for a game like this, with so much dynamic content, is a horrible and greedy idea to begin with,

I don’t see your problem. You can guest for free, and that’s all you need to do to do anything PvE-related. On top of that, you can do dungeons cross-server without even needing to guest. The only thing you’d need to actually transfer (and pay) for, is if you want to WvW for another server. Everything else is completely free. So again… what are you even talking about? Greedy, because it’s for free?

His problem is that the OP suggested ANet charge for guesting to solve something that isn’t a problem (guesters filling up the slots, it’s a symptom not a problem and most of us would rather the problem be addressed and not the symptoms).

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Guesting should be from higher population to lower population server.

I hate guests in Desolation Sparkfly. Don’t come to Desolation. Take all guests with you and go kill your beloved dragon in Vabbi or some other less populated servers. If you really wanna kill your dragon in Desolation, pay your money/gold for a transfer. Then, curse guests with us ^^

Saturn.6591

His problem is that the OP suggested ANet charge for guesting to solve something that isn’t a problem (guesters filling up the slots, it’s a symptom not a problem and most of us would rather the problem be addressed and not the symptoms).

Oh right; I totally forgot the actual topic of this thread for a moment. I’m sorry. ^^

Mad Rasputin.7809

Guesting should be from higher population to lower population server.

I hate guests in Desolation Sparkfly. Don’t come to Desolation. Take all guests with you and go kill your beloved dragon in Vabbi or some other less populated servers. If you really wanna kill your dragon in Desolation, pay your money/gold for a transfer. Then, curse guests with us ^^

Problem just gets worse. Only now you get more and more overflows just because of your own server population. Not because of guests.

The world boss train on my lower population server causes overflows on maps most nights of the week now. And the vast majority of those players in the train are not guests, but people from my server.