Why do Soulbound Runes still exist?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Random forging of major runes can sometimes give you dungeon runes… which are soulbound on the character which rolled them. When will they be made account-bound instead? :o

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t know but it’s a massive pain in the kitten . They should remove them from the forge loot table if they can’t do anything else about it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

At least before you could use it on a white item, pick up with the proper character and then transmute it to what gear you wanted with a crystal. Now it is completely wasted if it can’t be used by the character that received it from the MF. At least make it account bound to compensate.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Agreed. Make it either tradable like dungeon sigils, or at least account bound so other characters can use it.

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

At bare minimum change them to account bound

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I have never used one, but am I understanding that if you attach them to a white item the item is account bound? If so, assuming you want to keep it, it should still be possible to put it on a white, pick that up with the correct character and then salvage the rune off. As I mentioned, not sure if I am understanding the mechanics fully.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Just to mess with you. Kind of like when you get 1 copper from a chest or bag.

I don’t know really. I assume its something that just got overlooked in the April 15th Feature Patch. Removing them or making them account bound would be nice….or even giving us a full set if they stay soulbound.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just to mess with you. Kind of like when you get 1 copper from a chest or bag.

I don’t know really. I assume its something that just got overlooked in the April 15th Feature Patch. Removing them or making them account bound would be nice….or even giving us a full set if they stay soulbound.

More like overlooked for every release since dungeon tokens became account bound.

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

This definitely has my thumbs up….Make them account bound at least……… I play the mystic toilet a lot and must have sold hundreds of runes that I simply can not use on the char that plays the toilet at the time.

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

They exist to annoy us. If they were so much better than others then I can see soul binding them but they really aren’t. At least they are good forge fodder.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes