Why do people stop playing GW2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zeanix.8624

Zeanix.8624

The lack of content, when i log in to the game i have nothing to do.

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Most people only post on forums because they are not happy. So there’s a small minority making a lot of noise on the forums.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The days of 10 million player MMOs are pretty much gone, at least until a decent MMO comes out for consoles (because so many people play console games).

yet consoles can’t really handle MMOs.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The days of 10 million player MMOs are pretty much gone, at least until a decent MMO comes out for consoles (because so many people play console games).

yet consoles can’t really handle MMOs.

Eventually they’ll be able to…who knows what the next generation will bring…or the one after.

Posted by: Hieronymus.5916

Hieronymus.5916

I can’t wait for a “Matrix” esque console :P

Mirta.5029

Eventually they’ll be able to…who knows what the next generation will bring…or the one after.

well both Xbox one and Playstation 4 decided to put hardware worse than my laptop bought at 2010. They’re far from handling MMOs.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Angry people stop playing gw2 because they think there is better things out there. Then they go out and experience some other mmo’s and find out how crap they are because they try to find something that is better than gw2. So eventually, everyone shamelessly walks right back to gw2 and anet gently embraces them again and forgives them for their sins and past treacheries

Other people stop playing because they got a bit burnt out and need a break.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

• The core combat mechanics are bad/overly simplified.
  • Auto-attacking is sufficient to easily get through 99% of the content.
  • Skills are very generic. No choice in skills.
  • Most traits are ineffectual and barely change anything.
  • The AI is terrible.

If this game required a subscription, it would have died faster than AOC/WAR/SW:TOR.

downed state is bad for PVP

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

Angry people stop playing gw2 because they think there is better things out there. Then they go out and experience some other mmo’s and find out how crap they are because they try to find something that is better than gw2. So eventually, everyone shamelessly walks right back to gw2 and anet gently embraces them again and forgives them for their sins and past treacheries

I think it’s pretty harsh to call them angry, and your post sounds a bit biased/fanboyish.

I believe its more the game did not live up to their expectations set by the marketing and what they came to expect from playing other titles in this genre.

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

It’s pretty much the waiting game for me trying to complete my legendary (stupid precursor) and such. So i really gain little to nothing by playing and nothing really interests me at the moment. There’s also no life features or player housing. The combat lacks depth so i just go on auto-pilot. The only things i really do is log in weekly to do guild missions (and lead them) and log off.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I can’t wait for a “Matrix” esque console :P

Aww hell yeah

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

well both Xbox one and Playstation 4 decided to put hardware worse than my laptop bought at 2010. They’re far from handling MMOs.

Yes and two of the biggest next gen MMO’s coming out for PS4 and Xbox One proves you wrong honestly. Both of those new consoles are better than my 4 year old desktop by leaps and bounds, and it runs GW2 on medium settings.

I think you underestimating the hardware Sony and Microsoft are putting into their new consoles.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Right now the bad is still being weeded out…. Like any mmo there’s going to be a very large number of people to jump ship after awhile because well.. It’s not a wow killer like they hoped…I think the right term would be bandwagoners.

The games getting close to the point that the community isn’t going to fluctuate that much more… Though there are some issues that threaten to chase away some of the people who want to stay and play…. The lack of new armors/weapons that get added to dungeons and stuff and the RNG box stuff seems to be a major hot button… The only new skins are coming through the gem shop so there’s 0 real working for the skins you want it’s all luck or cash.

Most people I know really wanted a system like gw1 had where there’s a few dungeon specific skins that you can only get as drops in the dungeon not dungeon token stufkittenda like guild wars 1 had. The other main thing is elite armor like gw1 had… You had the basic stuff then stuff that was a bit harder to craft but looked really really nice… Dungeon armor is ok but elite armor would be crafted..

Anyways The community wont get much smaller anytime soon it’s going to stay about as is for at least another 2-3 years before it gets smaller… Gw1 did the same thing but the community got small around 1 year after factions launched just to double when nightfall came out.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I think it’s pretty harsh to call them angry, and your post sounds a bit biased/fanboyish.

I believe its more the game did not live up to their expectations set by the marketing and what they came to expect from playing other titles in this genre.

I was kinda joking but since you took it seriously i’ll give you this. All the i quit post have been pretty negative and can only be described as angry. I think angry is a relatively appropriate word to use. It doesn’t take a fanboy to see this kind of observation. To be honest, even I tried several new mmo’s out there and found them all lacking because i’ve played gw2 and the combat and quest system just felt rigidand stale.

Also, oyu’re only angry if you think you’re angry

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Posted by: Zombo.1845

Zombo.1845

Here’s my 2 cents as a new (one week) GW2 player: I’m having a blast and the game sure looks pretty on my new computer! However, already I can tell that it won’t have the longevity, with me, that other games have had in the past ( 6 years in EQ1, and 5-6 in WoW).

Why? Because although it looks great and has some fun and exciting concepts, it’s too EZ-mode….an MMO for the console crowd…all flash and no real substance (as MMOs go). Instant gratification…you want to do a raid-level encounter? No problem….just head on over and join the Zerg-fest. You don’t need to join a group or even to say a word. This can be fun, at first, but I don’t know how long it will hold my interest. Getting rid of the tank/healer/dps mechanic is a double-edged sword, IMO.

Besides, I don’t think they care much if people quit since they have already made their money when you purchased the game, and I think the game design reflects this. In fact, they probably would prefer that you quit after playing a bit. It’s the kind a model that is geared more toward bringing in new players (game sales), instead of keeping current players. Perhaps a subscription-based model would have been better. /duck

As I said, I have only been playing a week, and my opinion may change.

ps: Although I think the graphics are amazingly beautiful, personally, I wish they hadn’t gone the WoW route…with it’s bright, cartoony, pastel color palette/art style. I feel, at times, like I’m playing WoW2, graphically speaking. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! But, after coming off such a long stint in WoW, I would love to play an MMO that goes for a more photo-realistic look (instead of the ‘moving painting’ look). Just sayin’

Vayne.8563

Here’s my 2 cents as a new (one week) GW2 player: I’m having a blast and the game sure looks pretty on my new computer! However, already I can tell that it won’t have the longevity, with me, that other games have had in the past ( 6 years in EQ1, and 5-6 in WoW).

Why? Because although it looks great and has some fun and exciting concepts, it’s too EZ-mode….an MMO for the console crowd…all flash and no real substance (as MMOs go). Instant gratification…you want to do a raid-level encounter? No problem….just head on over and join the Zerg-fest. You don’t need to join a group or even to say a word. This can be fun, at first, but I don’t know how long it will hold my interest. Getting rid of the tank/healer/dps mechanic is a double-edged sword, IMO.

Besides, I don’t think they care much if people quit since they have already made their money when you purchased the game, and I think the game design reflects this. In fact, they probably would prefer that you quit after playing a bit. It’s the kind a model that is geared more toward bringing in new players (game sales), instead of keeping current players. Perhaps a subscription-based model would have been better. /duck

ps: Although I think the graphics are amazingly beautiful, personally, I wish they hadn’t gone the WoW route…with it’s bright, cartoony, pastel color palette/art style. I feel, at times, like I’m playing WoW2, graphically speaking. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! But, after coming off such a long stint in WoW, I would love to play an MMO that goes for a more photo-realistic look (instead of the ‘moving painting’ look). Just sayin’

I disagree with them not caring if you leave the game or not. They want people in the game because there aren’t enough people buying new MMOs compared to those who buy at launch. It’s not a model that can be infinitely sustained on new boxed sales. It’s sustained on the cash shop. It’s the only way the game can move forward. Anet said even from the beginning the cash shop was an important part of the business model.

It’s not geared toward people that consume content mega quickly and probably not geared toward those who want a raid-like challenge. But we know from years of the industry that most people aren’t raiders and most people don’t really want challenge. Not the kind of challenge you’re talking about.

I mean we see threads on these forums about how hard the dungeons are…and for many they’re too hard. And for many they’re too easy. And then there are people like me, who find most of them a pretty decent challenge and a couple more challenging.

So if they don’t capture that top 15% of people who are hard core and the bottom 15% of those for whom the game is too hard that still leaves 70% of the players…who find it about right.

And again, they’re capturing a lot of people who don’t have time for other MMOs. The MMO crowd is growing up and not everyone can commit to hours and hours every week. These are the people the game caters to best.

I’ve already done most of the content in the game and I still enjoy it, but then, I’m not looking to be super challenged all the time either.

Posted by: Zombo.1845

Zombo.1845

I disagree with them not caring if you leave the game or not. They want people in the game because there aren’t enough people buying new MMOs compared to those who buy at launch. It’s not a model that can be infinitely sustained on new boxed sales. It’s sustained on the cash shop. It’s the only way the game can move forward. Anet said even from the beginning the cash shop was an important part of the business model.

It’s not geared toward people that consume content mega quickly and probably not geared toward those who want a raid-like challenge. But we know from years of the industry that most people aren’t raiders and most people don’t really want challenge. Not the kind of challenge you’re talking about.

I mean we see threads on these forums about how hard the dungeons are…and for many they’re too hard. And for many they’re too easy. And then there are people like me, who find most of them a pretty decent challenge and a couple more challenging.

So if they don’t capture that top 15% of people who are hard core and the bottom 15% of those for whom the game is too hard that still leaves 70% of the players…who find it about right.

And again, they’re capturing a lot of people who don’t have time for other MMOs. The MMO crowd is growing up and not everyone can commit to hours and hours every week. These are the people the game caters to best.

I’ve already done most of the content in the game and I still enjoy it, but then, I’m not looking to be super challenged all the time either.

All good points, and I forgot about the cash shop ( as I said, I’m new, and I’m not used to games with cash shops).

Vayne.8563

All good points, and I forgot about the cash shop ( as I said, I’m new, and I’m not used to games with cash shops).

Even most games with a monthly fee have a cash shop now. It’s part of the landscape and not going away any time soon.

Posted by: thescroll.9058

thescroll.9058

For me and my girlfriend, it was entirely tied to college classes. If aerothermo or control systems is getting tricky, then there goes 10 weeks without GW2.

However, the summer just begun, so we are ready to jump back into it again!

Posted by: Rosen Myst.7641

Rosen Myst.7641

Personally I just don’t enjoy the game anymore. I leveled up one character and have struggled to level up any others. It just seemed so boring to repeat all the zones with another character which didn’t feel very different from my first. I miss the trinity in combat and I miss questing. That’s actually my favorite part of any game. The renown hearts and dynamic events were nice. I liked the dark storylines of GW1; but I don’t enjoy the story telling in GW2. In the end, it just depends on a person’s playstyle and what they’re looking for in a game. For some people GW2 is a total miss, while for others it’s a hit.

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I always find it amusing when people talk about challenging content in the context of MMO raids and such. The only real challenge comes in the form of the players – getting a large group of people to coordinate their attacks and do the right things at the right times. The actual content is locked behind a gear threshold, and if the same people keep doing the same things over and over, they will eventually learn how to work together and as a by product of their efforts the group as a whole will get better gear which makes it easier to take down the enemies.

It’s not really challenging – the boss does the same moves over and over, and the same attack always follows the specific tell – it just requires a time commitment that many people cannot make in order to learn the patterns and accumulate the numbers required to go on to the next puzzle.

And because the puzzle is designed for a large group of people, they are not as complex as a boss fight in a single player game could be. Because if 20 people had to perform every action perfectly, with no margin for error, then it would be almost impossible to move on to the next encounter, which would just make a lot of people angry and quit, instead of paying for another few months’ subscription.

These games are probably the least challenging video game genre today. They are fun, yes, but there is no real challenge there.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

There’s no carrot on an ever increasing in length stick.

This.

Posted by: BurntTree.3857

BurntTree.3857

During development they probably spent 90% of their time on the open world aesthetics, and 10% on PvP, which they probably rushed, and other actual content. The rest of the time since release is spent on bug fixes and temporary content. That’s why we have nothing to do.

Posted by: Bushido.2184

Bushido.2184

Stopped playing for a long time because of:

1) Ludicrously slow rate of balancing and once-a-month patches (and often balancing is just skipped)

2) Their philosophy is slow balancing to prevent whack-a-mole balance, but that has already happened. Poor solutions (nerf the one viable ele build in such a way that further breaks many other non-viable builds, BLINDLY nerf Quickness across the board which ended up breaking Frenzy, and to this day Sigil of Rage and all traits regarding Quickness have not been compensated. Others, like buffing Wars in PvP by strengthening their PvE, are just not the best solution. Updates are too infrequent for their philosophy to even work.

3) Lack of communication with the community. Responses like Soon™ or “We are aware of the situation and have a secret in-house solution we made while completely ignoring the community’s suggestions, but it will be super awesome just wait and see!” responses don’t count.

4) Too much focus on temporary content. Yes, Anet has stated that Living Story development is with a separate team and doesn’t interfere with regular development, but those resources can be much better allocated.

5) Does not fix non-critical bugs. And I have personally reported tons of bugs (some multiple times through multiple ways) since beta/launch days that have not been fixed.

If this keeps up, probably will stop playing again.

Leet Hacker (War) | Linüx (Necro) | Linúx (Ele)
Quit to play my 2 favorite competitive fps and moba games ported to my favorite OS.

(edited by Bushido.2184)

Posted by: captaincrash.6528

captaincrash.6528

Maybe they got tired of it who knows

Crash ~ Charr Reaper

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

because they promised A delivered C, and with each patch they slowly shifting to F.

Posted by: Caradryan.1795

Caradryan.1795

Because they can. I’ve been a longterm player of both GW1 and GW2, and I actually think the ease is a huge plus for the game.

This is a game where both the learning curve and the “refresher” curve is surprisingly low. There’s no subscription fee. There’s very little forceful farming. While the game can be complex, it doesn’t have to be. In the end, I think one should actually play a game because they enjoy playing. If anything, I think there’s something wrong with the mentality that one should stick to something forever out of … whatever reason.

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

This is only said by people who don’t understand how computers work. Close to 100% of the consoles processing power is going to the game, your laptop is not designed that way.

In addition TESO and Final Fantasy 15 are both confirmed as heading for PS4.

Posted by: bullettohead.9715

bullettohead.9715

Because there’s no challenge. “Casual players” have been outnumbering those of us who dump tons and tons of hours into the game and in turn, have been killing any drive to make content that a small, dedicated percentage of us will see. There’s no seriously hard dungeons (level 50 fractals with mobs that oneshot everything don’t exactly count) that take skill over stats. All the boss fights come down to HEY I PRESSED 2 UNDER TIME WARP, and there’s a ton of issues with every freaking event having its weapons and skins tied up under RNG boxes that only fuel the money grubbing publishers.

You know that karma currency? Why not use that for new weapon skins or armor sets? Why not make content that requires vent and a functioning brain to put together, and isn’t focused on DPS?

Where’s all the stuff that people who are dedicated get to toy around with? Where’s the titles and minis for it, to show off just how kitten good we are?

And no.

A legendary isn’t a sign of skill, but time invested.

Mirta.5029

Yes and two of the biggest next gen MMO’s coming out for PS4 and Xbox One proves you wrong honestly. Both of those new consoles are better than my 4 year old desktop by leaps and bounds, and it runs GW2 on medium settings.

I think you underestimating the hardware Sony and Microsoft are putting into their new consoles.

you mean not being able to run 64 bit, forcing the games to use 3G ram max, doing shared memory between CPU and GPU bottlenecking memory and other things that can only be found in a low budget PC? Go to their pages and read the hardware that goes into them. The specs are identical to budget level PCs 2 years ago, while when Xbox 360 and PS3 came out they were on par with a high spec PC.
Look at the games that they advertise for the consoles. They already need to optimize them to all hell. PS3 only reached that stage 3 years into its lifespan.

This is only said by people who don’t understand how computers work. Close to 100% of the consoles processing power is going to the game, your laptop is not designed that way.

In addition TESO and Final Fantasy 15 are both confirmed as heading for PS4.

1. PS4 and Xbox one will have operating systems on them just like a PC.
2. Do a test – get gamebooster (that directs all your processing power to your game) and run a game. It’s going to be a difference of about 1 FPS. An operating system does not eat up processing power that much.

FF always headed to consoles and all I can say to TESO is good luck getting their game to run.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Considering how terrible skyrim ran on ps3 at launch I wouldn’t hold my breath for the ps4 edition of TESO.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

I know why I left. I played the kitten out of it for 3 months. Then, I took a break. Then, I missed WvW and came back. That’s the magic of no subs.

Let’s be honest. The lead up to this game made it sound like the second coming of christ… relative to MMO’s. How many people just knew it was “the next big thing” and decided to hop in and see what it was all about. How many people just thought that ANet was just building a better WoW? That’s what happened to my launch guild. A good chunk of the membership headed back to grindier pastures. Some people really want a regimented raid system of grind after grind. And that’s cool. It’s also exactly why I ditched WoW when I got to 60 and headed to GW. As stated above by someone else, the population is evening out now. The folks who are into this game are plentiful enough, and sticking around enough. Most of the folks who just wanna raid or whatever have taken off by now. Even DCUO has a robust community, it’s all about catering to YOUR specific crowd, and not pretending you need 10,000,000 subs to be a “real MMO”.

When I hear people complaining about how easy this game, my only response is to tell you to stop playing just the easy parts of the game. Outsmarting and outplaying other human being will always be a rewarding endeavor, whether you like small scale, personal spvp situations, or large-scale wvw situations, there’s something here to challenge your self with. The Shatterer gets old quick, but that doesn’t mean there’s nothing to do.

And if that’s not your bag, no hard feelings. I hear Rift just went f2p.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Korrigan.4837

• The AI is terrible.

When people have to resort to lies like these to bash a game, you know the game is good.

GW2 is not perfect, it has issues, but those listed in that post aren’t part of them.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I hear a lot of complaining that people quit playing GW2, and from the personal experience of my previous 80-man guild, that’s true. After two months since the release I was the only one playing, and after almost a year I’m only one playing.

So my question to you is, why do you think people stop playing Guild Wars 2?

Rich Dragon Coffers

Posted by: bullettohead.9715

bullettohead.9715

• The AI is terrible.

When people have to resort to lies like these to bash a game, you know the game is good.

GW2 is not perfect, it has issues, but those listed in that post aren’t part of them.

Absolutely none of those are lies. At all. Don’t try and defend yourself by just saying “yeah well he’s a liar” without any actual substance to your argument.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

• The AI is terrible.

If this game required a subscription, it would have died faster than AOC/WAR/SW:TOR.

Indeed. That’s one of the biggest issues for me.

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

• The AI is terrible.

Absolutely none of those are lies. At all. Don’t try and defend yourself by just saying “yeah well he’s a liar” without any actual substance to your argument.

Did you just do exactly what you told the person you quoted not to do?

Don’t try to pass off an argument without any actual substance for your argument. If you want to go ahead and explain why this and that are right, then go right on ahead. Otherwise, it’s all subjective. Personally, I believe everything on the list is incorrect as well.

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Intentionally Creating a Super Class; Stealth Thief to Monopolize the core balance of the classes and the game.

Showing Favoritism of Elitism of Classes

Not standing up for the lesser classes.

Defending Elitism and Punishing anyone who “Dare” complain or question them.

Not showing enthusiastic interest in communicating with the community.

Rewarding the Elitist classes for bad behaviors and Punishing the lesser ones for standing up to them.

Also

Inducing this

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-Grind-X/first#post2221818

Quite Simple

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

I got so many things wrong when approaching Guild Wars 2, lots of people did. We thought it was a game thakittens not. It’s painfully casual and as we have been aware of now many players yearn for end game raids (and indirectly a good amount of high end gear to a) show off b) increase your toons strength c) feel like your still playing for a goal).

I’m one of this games biggest fans, I play every day and still love roaming around looking at the beautiful game world, but I know I’m in a minority. Since beta lots of players have seen so much more potential in this game and understandably get frustrated. It’s like having a brand new Aston Martin but not being able to take it off the drive.

So many threads, asking for mounts, player housing, raids, harder content, better bosses, high tier gear etc etc. I can’t get mad at this people, they are just seeing a game that has such an amazing framework, if only it had some more of the things we all love from other MMOs.

Wildstar seems to have cottoned onto this, they are giving players what they want in buckets. I’m really looking forward to this game but I also know that I will still be playing GW2, why? Well not for the raiding I know that much.

I’m still hoping AN start to give us less ‘theme park content’ (although its all beautifully designed and realised) I also want some meat on my sandwich. I want new skills, new gear, new game mechanics that challenge and push my skills. I guess I want an expansion but I also want AN to give in and give us some of the things we want, I’ve heard somewhere that the customer is always right…

Vayne.8563

I got so many things wrong when approaching Guild Wars 2, lots of people did. We thought it was a game thakittens not. It’s painfully casual and as we have been aware of now many players yearn for end game raids (and indirectly a good amount of high end gear to a) show off b) increase your toons strength c) feel like your still playing for a goal).

I’m one of this games biggest fans, I play every day and still love roaming around looking at the beautiful game world, but I know I’m in a minority. Since beta lots of players have seen so much more potential in this game and understandably get frustrated. It’s like having a brand new Aston Martin but not being able to take it off the drive.

So many threads, asking for mounts, player housing, raids, harder content, better bosses, high tier gear etc etc. I can’t get mad at this people, they are just seeing a game that has such an amazing framework, if only it had some more of the things we all love from other MMOs.

Wildstar seems to have cottoned onto this, they are giving players what they want in buckets. I’m really looking forward to this game but I also know that I will still be playing GW2, why? Well not for the raiding I know that much.

I’m still hoping AN start to give us less ‘theme park content’ (although its all beautifully designed and realised) I also want some meat on my sandwich. I want new skills, new gear, new game mechanics that challenge and push my skills. I guess I want an expansion but I also want AN to give in and give us some of the things we want, I’ve heard somewhere that the customer is always right…

I’m betting Wildstar with have a MUCH smaller affect on the Guild Wars 2 population than most people think. Why? Because they think that most people are hard core, while I believe most people are more casual.

I guess we’ll see soon enough.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I plan on soloing mainly in Wildstar. We’ll see how that goes. Is it really raid-centric?

May have to reconsider my stance if it’s gear grind and raid end game right off the bat.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

I quit because my first, and main, character is an engineer.

Need I say more?

Korrigan.4837

• The AI is terrible.

Amusingly, you do exactly the thing you pretend I was doing. Ironic, isn’t it?

This is obviously the opinion of a person you didn’t understand the GW2 combat mechanics, or someone who thinks having a “trinity” is deeply complex.
    This is just plain wrong, an obvious lie, anyone playing the game knows that.
    This is plain wrong too. Each weapon setup has 5 different skills, and the choice of slot skills is huge for each class. Each class also has at least one skill, most classes several, that adds 5 totally different weapon skills, be is morphing the character into something else, or stuff like grenades.
    Another plain lie, anyone playing the game knows it. Changing traits also completely changes the way you play and the weapons to use.
  • The AI is terrible.
    Is it? Please list me MMOs with better AI, please. And I don’t mean scripted crap like in WoW clones, where some “boss” mobs always do the same things at the same moment, I mean real AI. Or do you mean the nonsense AI of mobs who can be “taunted” and only hit the character with the best armor and with 5 healers healing him?

As I said, all the points are, at best flawed opinion of someone who thinks GW2 should be another trinity based WoW clone, at worse just plain lies to bash the game.

(edited by Korrigan.4837)

Vayne.8563

I quit because my first, and main, character is an engineer.

Need I say more?

That’s interesting. My first character, the first character I leveled to 80 was also an engineer. I still do quite well with him.

I like him a whole lot more than I like my 80th level warrior.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

My second 80 was an Eng, but I quit playing him once I got to Orr and noticed that my turret build was completely useless :P Yeah, there’s other good/better Eng builds, but turrets were a lot of fun from 10-70.

Vayne.8563

My second 80 was an Eng, but I quit playing him once I got to Orr and noticed that my turret build was completely useless :P Yeah, there’s other good/better Eng builds, but turrets were a lot of fun from 10-70.

Agreed, I had to adapt from a turret build to something more efficient for Orr…but that’s always been the nature of Guild Wars.

When I played Guild Wars 1, I could get away with almost anything in normal mode. It was hard mode that tested you and very often you would have to make modifications (sometimes serious modifications) to your build.

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

It comes down to this:
Arenanet screwed the old gw1 players by saying that everything awesome about gw1 was going to be in gw2. Lore = wiped, skillsystem = gone, speedclears = gone, skillbased team game = gone. And much much more…

At the end of the day, i don’t know how anet can look themselfs in the mirror. The GW1 players made it possible for anet to make GW2. If GW1 wasn’t played by us old GW1 players, GW2 would never been made. And then they destroy every fun/good aspect of GW1. They even lie right in your face, saying they were going to take everything awesome about GW1 and put it into GW2. Like wtf.. How can u screw people like that. I have no respect for anet after GW2.

(edited by CoRtex.2157)

Vayne.8563

Because:
- The game isn’t challanging & so not fun for every non-casual gamer. Because for a real gamer, challange = fun.
- RNG & Gold sinks
- Terrible lore. Only risen enemies. No charr enemies, infected or mursaat. GW1 lore is completely wiped.

It comes down to this:
Arenanet screwed the old gw1 players by saying that everything awesome about gw1 was going to be in gw2. Lore = wiped, skillsystem = gone, speedclears = gone, skillbased team game = gone. And much much more…
You can deny it all you want, but that’s how it is, and this made sure they lost the core fanbase of GW. U know, the core GW1 players, the people that made it possible for GW2 to exist… Anet is a joke.

How is the lore wiped?

Speed clears were not only among my least favorite parts of Guild Wars 1, but they were the one part of Guild Wars 1 that I really really hated. And if they’re gone, what the hell is CoF point 1 or any of the ultra fast dungeon runs? I hate them here too.

They lost a percentage of the Guild Wars 1 players, particularly PvP players. I agree with that. But there seem to be a whole lot of people running around the game with God Walking Among Mere Mortals title. Where are they coming from?

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Guess which next-gen console this refers to:

- “8-core Jaguar about half the performance of a current-gen Core i7”

- “GPU equiv to $150 PC graphics card”

- “In short, then, today’s PCs will stomp all over the Xbox One (and PS4) in terms of raw computation power.”

oh crap the answer is in the quotes

Posted by: CoRtex.2157

CoRtex.2157

How is the lore wiped?

Speed clears were not only among my least favorite parts of Guild Wars 1, but they were the one part of Guild Wars 1 that I really really hated. And if they’re gone, what the hell is CoF point 1 or any of the ultra fast dungeon runs? I hate them here too.

They lost a percentage of the Guild Wars 1 players, particularly PvP players. I agree with that. But there seem to be a whole lot of people running around the game with God Walking Among Mere Mortals title. Where are they coming from?

How is the lore wiped? well, they made a cheesy story that the world basicly got reset by a flood. BOOOM. Old world gone, lore = vanished. Elona & Cantha doesn’t seem to exist. Suddenly the Tengu & Stone summit don’t seem to exist. U know these core tyria monsters. They just wrote a lore that explains why everything is gone. Also, you aren’t seeing things from a human aspect anymore, suddenly u can be a charr. It feels so stupid if you are a charr and those humans & other races aren’t even enemies of u. I know why they aren’t, but it doesn’t feel verry charr like if you play them.

About speedclears, the towns where u started speedclears were the places where the most players were. (beside kamadan/kaineng/lionsarch). Speedclears were verry popular back then. kitten i miss UW & FoW