Why do you still log in?

Why do you still log in?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Youre allowed to pick a max of three reasons. Keep it short and try not to insult ANET/anyone else. I can see this becoming a target for deletion if anyone posts something bad.

My three reasons…and im being brutally honest here not to provoke a reaction but to show my thoughts. Apologies if any offense is caused- you may be having a great time. Feel free to post the three most fun things about GW2. But I have to be honest here:

1) In the hope that the game improves I want to keep up with the story. I have huge issues with the direction that ANET are taking the game (mindless, give everyone everything, no immersion) but hope to be proven wrong some day.

2) The daily craft+gather, and sometimes daily achievements. Its something that takes very little time and can only be done once daily so why not?

3) Its free to do so. Ive made up my mind long ago that in its current state I wouldnt be supporting GW2 financially. In that respect its great that the game doesnt have a sub otherwise id have quit long ago. But its great that I can just pick up and play when I want. I just wish that was more often.

Ok so im not a great person to make a thread such as this. As I said feel free to speak your mind….whether that be negative or positive. Freedom of speech and all that!

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

Game with no sub, sounds reasonable until you add in a megaserver.

Even F2P (after initial purchase) is not enough to tempt me back now they’ve gone to megaservers.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Fine… I guess I’ll go.
1. A sense of community and friends who I’ve been playing with since GW1. I like growing my guild and teaching new players and getting to know them.
2. I like to do WvW, dungeons, and PvP to get some variety when I play. I find all 3 fun in doses.
3. I played GW1 and I’m not really a gamer exactly. This was familiar to me and lot’s of the friends I made there moved to this one.

HOWEVER…. there are several things that are getting on my nerves such as poor coding by the devs which cause problems in games, lack of creativity with bosses and other areas in the game, and besides the three I already mentioned there is a big lack in endgame product or big updates to add new professions, weapons, or races.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

1) I still find the combat fun and fairly exhilarating. Yes, I find the combat in an mmoRPG addictive.

2) Socializing and playing with friends. Whether it be new living story or just hanging out.

3) The never ending pursuit of looking fabulous. I always seem to try and come up with new looks for my characters – usually via mix and match, new dyes and such – when I try out new builds.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

1) World bosses for rares
2) WvW rally, but lately there are fewer of us
3) Dailies sometimes.

I was chasing AP for a while but " a grind by any other name…."

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

to see what mesmer phantasm will be borked next.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

1) There’s honestly nothing else out there that gives you more for the money you put into it. GW2 is highly competitive against the most expensive games out there. I’m really interested in FFXIV, for example, but won’t ever play it due to the subscription model.

2) I love my characters and the combat. The combat is really fun.

3) I’m going to go ahead and mimic OP’s #3, because that very accurately describes me.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

It’s very simple for me. The game is fun to play!! I took my sweet time leveling my first toon to 80 and just enjoyed the game. I now have a second toon to 80. I just enjoy playing the game. It’s a mmo I can play for 20 or 30 minutes and accomplish something.

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

1) Hoping anet will improve this game with real content, and also with some new very creative concepts. The game on release day was excellent, we had jumping puzzles, no trinity, a % completion meter to all areas. All new things that made this game feel creative. Now I’m waiting for new classes/races/skills/skill slots/balance 15vs15 pvp/GvG and whatever new inventive thing anet will come up with. Personally I’d like if guild would be able to conquest things through the living world and shape the world by their decisions at the detriment of what other guilds would want, because they played better;

2) Tried a necromancer since i never enjoy sPvP, i like it now with him. So for now i log in to finish equiping him with ascended gear and to pvp

3) I don’t have a third reason. Time to update this game anet.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

1) The combat is amazing fun. I’ve been playing since launch and still have a couple professions to level but so far it’s the most fun combat I’ve ever played in an MMO. The wealth and beauty of the combat animations give the combat a real visceral feel unlike any other.

2) The lore – I’ve never been a huge lore-hound but this game has me hooked. I never knew I wanted it but Living Story chapters every 2 weeks keeps me extremely interested and logging in.

3) The gorgeous open world, the dynamic events, how exploration is more important than questing, how dungeons feel dangerous. The art is just stunning.

I think it’s the best MMO on the market atm, certainly better than any I’ve played.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Gsjlink.4673

Gsjlink.4673

1. To see if my buy order for an aetherized pistol works out (it never does, and I’ll never get the tickets.)
2. The occasional daily (but not since last LS update).
3. To cry over the lack of endgame.

At least it’s free. And at least they really did make some genre improvements worth lifting.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

1) Because I can.

2) Because I like it.

3) I don’t need a third reason.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Nothing better to play, best of a bad bunch, as it is…

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

1. Its fun. I enjoy it.
2. Gives me something to do.
3. I paid for it, so im going to play it.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

1. I still enjoy the game a lot
2. No sub
3. I enjoy the guild I am in, there is no grind, imo, and there is still such a variety of things to do, that I rarely get bored. Plus I still have several characters that I want to get to level 80.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

1)The cosmetic system is a blast. Costly and not optimized, imo, but highly enjoyable. I like to switch things up on my main characters every couple weeks.

2)Running dungeons and occasionally the K-train. Recently been taking a stab at proper WvW as well. These activities are consistent, relatively simple, and fun.

3)Mostly though, I’m holding out hope for some solid content or feature releases. Gear and Trait templates being highest on my ‘wishlist’. One new map with some farmable DEs and a three or four path dungeon would do nicely as well.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

1) i love collecting weapon skins (but that does NOT mean i think im entitled to every single one i miss at a later date cough cough anet

2) i love getting rare drops, im kinda addicted to any system that gives me random loot

3) lion keys…u tasty tasty temptress you……

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Guild mission. Other than that, because other games haven’t been released yet.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Logged in to check my acct after an inbox full of change password attempt e-mails.

Thought I would just do the daily gathering, but stopped after mega started tossing my chars onto different maps. Logged out.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

1. Chat with 9 guildmates out of once 214 that still “play” this game.
2. Awaiting official info regarding GW3.
3. Awaiting the release of AA, Bless and Black Desert Online.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

1. Trying to get 500 weaponsmith

Hmm….. yeah that’s about it

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Because there’s still so much I have left to do.

1. I still haven’t finished mapping the world. (Currently up to Sparkfly Fen. Still haven’t been to Orr!)

2. Still haven’t finished the Personal Story.

3. Still haven’t done any dungeons above SE.

4. Still haven’t gotten my T3 Cultural armors.

5. Still haven’t reached r500 crafting.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Why do I still log on? Guild mates. Outside of that, Landmark is more fun for me right now, even though it’s still in very early stages of development.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Why I play? I’m a sore loser basically. I feel silly that I bought into the hype and want to get my money’s worth of entertainment/satisfaction. I’ve played gw2 for far longer than any single player game, but at the end of every play session I’m haunted by ‘you know…you had more fun playing 200 hours of injustice than 2500 hours of this game’ or ‘you felt satisfied after 1hour of ffX-you just sat here for 4 hours and left feeling just as empty and starved for entertainment as you started’…then I’m tempted to log in asap and try to get that same satisfying feeling I get in other games.

I suppose another reason (although related to the above main reason) would be their frequent updates-I keep hoping they’ll add something that will leave me with that satisfying feeling.

If this was a single player game I’d sell it, cut my losses and buy another game…but we can’t do that and the work-around is illegal so I’m stuck with the game for life. Result is I’m here desperately (while knowing exactly what I’m doing…infuriating) trying to say ‘see you had fun-wasn’t a waste of money’.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Abusive.1849

Abusive.1849

1) Crafting Twilight was the most effort I’ve ever put in a video game and still feel it was all worth it. Effort vs Rewards is pretty awesome in GW2.
2) Many aspects of the game I enjoy such as WvW/ PVP, Cosmetics
3) Great guildies / community + friendly anet employees/devs.

Warrior(Main) | Mesmer | Thief
Jade Quarry (NA)

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

It’s true they have started to sweep threads under the carpet that they find to be “off-topic”.

1. My friends
2. Good memories of how things used to be.
3. Holding out hope things will get better.

(edited by LordEnki.9283)

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

1. Charr are the greatest race ever.
2. I can play as a Charr.
3. Combat and exploration are still fun, especially as a Charr.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Casshern.9678

Casshern.9678

1. Free of subscription.
2. Never need to speed much time to relearn skill and stuff. Just like WoW, it can make me headache. And like rift I almost forget the rotation and skill point. Like BnS, 2 weeks left there, I forget all the combination of rotation. Relearning skill is a heavily punishment to casual player.
3. Still get thing to do without wasting too much time. (When I forget those achievement and skin stuff, it is very comfortable)

I am just casually spend some little time for leveling my 11 80s.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: dubak.3042

dubak.3042

1. Because this is the best MMO I have tried until now (tried a few of them) and on top of that it’s without subscription.

2. Frequent updates and as casual gamer I enjoyed LS season 1, so I am expecting season 2 to offer even more fun.

3. I adore huge wvw openfield battles, whenever I am bored of something, I go to wvw and have a blast fighting huge battles (if there is any).

Dusan [insert class here]/Dubaak
SFR4LIFE
Bugs are evil, like cookies, but more evil.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

1. I log in to go and complain with my guildies about how the game lacks of depth.
2. I log in to go and watch people trying to miserably farm unfarmable thing since farming does not exist in this game.
3. I log in to actually log out 5-10 min later because boredom is OP

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I log in for friends.

WvW is dead to me after this season.
And I’ve never liked PvP.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

1.) In hopes of being surprised by Anet releasing a bunch of new maps. (not working out too well atm)

2.) Learning some new professions.

3.) Doing dailies.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Daily achievements/crafting/gathering, at the moment. The game’s quite quiet. Waiting on the next content dump.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

1 ) I just came back since last summer, played a few other games and it’s refreshing to come back to this one I sure hope season 2 will be awesome!

2) Dailies, and the current festival

3) Still completing the map, at 80 % now

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

1. Because i’m a desperate romantic that’s consumed by nostalgia, who really hopes to see the other continents and fow / uw one day.

2. I feel like a part of the story since the first day and i simply have to do my duty for tyria. (can’t help it, it’s the truth)

3. Though there are so many issues with the game, it’s simply fun.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

1. My friends and guilds
2. The time I’ve invested
3. No subscription and easy to pick back up at any time

Maguuma Guardian

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

1. I am leader of a guild with lovely people who I love to play with.
2. No subscription fee, so why not.
3. Well… I still have 6 characters left who need world completion and personal story completion… so yea…

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

1—-Muscle memory

2—-Muscle memory

3—-I forgot

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: maideth.7923

maideth.7923

dailies
some spvp

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

1. Cause it’s fun for me.
2. Because I like my guild.
3. There’s enough to do that’s varied enough where when I get tired of PvE, I WvW, then move to PvP.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

1. – Stories, stories everywhere. Still haven’t played all of the dynamic events, still haven’t finished the personal story of all my alts to experience every single branch. LS introduces new stories every 2 weeks. lore and stories hidden here and there in the world. Anet used to release short stories with every LS release hope that starts happening again or at least something close to it.

2. Unlike most other MMOs other dont need to keep repeating the same content over and over again. At max level I can still go do whatever content I feel like it rather then the usual endgame content in others that one needs to repeat until the next release. Game content is incredibly varied.. Jumping Puzzles, Mini Games, Dynamic events, Exploration, some PvP now and again.. can do any of that and still be rewarded.

3. The Living story… Nearly always something new to do, nearly always some new cosmetic that fits really well with one of my alts that I must have, See the world actually evolving that few MMOs actually do, generally comes with new intersting content like mini games, jumping puzzles etc. It may be temporary but it still something cool to enjoy for a couple of weeks / a month that and the next content update will have something new to enjoy anyway.

Honorable mention:

I can focus more on having my characters look how I want rather then having to focus on power, I enjoy that way more.

I can play at my own pace taking my time to smell the flowers so speak which doesnt translate in a situation where i am left behind and unable to play with my friends / guild anymore because of power creep etc..

Art… Visually stunning, sounds amazing. They really pulled of that hand painting feel they were going for. Can enjoy an hour of just walking around for no other purpose then to take in the sights.

In short.. this game is fun and beautiful for me!

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

1.) Because there’s no subscription

2.) Because its still a relatively much better mmorpg than many other games with no subscription

3.) Because I’ve played for quite long and don’t wanna start a new mmorpg yet

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Paradise.1692

Paradise.1692

1) I am leveling my characters. I have 24 of them, I’m doing world completion and personal story completion with all of them.
2) Enjoying the scenery — they’re wonderful, I love the landscapes.
3) My daily trivia show in Divinity’s Reach. It’s in German language only, so if you speak German and want to participate, just be in Divinity’s Reach at 9 pm CET (every day) and win gold. A few players have told me that this show is the sole reason why they’re still logging in — seriously, I’m hoping for better days in GW2, for better storytelling, more areas, something worthwhile…

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

I quitted and I came back recently because:

1) Kasjory – Those two are so cute!!

2) Taimi – Taimi cuteness overload!!

3) The end of the Season 1.
I though that was the end of the dreaded (for me) temporary content and the PvC (Players vs Clock). I gonna see if it’s true when the Season 2 starts in July. And then I going to evaluate if I keep playing or quit again.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

Me and my husband just started playing back in October, took a long break, and now we’re back and still noobs. For us it’s:

1.) Our own storyline. We like to be able to level our character and have a backstory the whole time to go along with it. This is nice because we just finished the last walking dead (game) episode, and this feels similar in that our choices reflect our personalities.

2.) For me especially (after having had previous wow addiction), the game is fun enough to keep us occupied and wanting to do things, but not to the point of total, forget-I-even-had-a-life-before-this, addiction. It’s nice because we can be casual, still get whatever we want done in daily life, and then sit and play a while without feeling like we’re falling behind because we don’t play as much as others, don’t have the amount of gear they have, etc. Maybe it’s not a problem for my husband, but for me I definitely don’t need another wow repeat. I want to love the game, not live it.

3.) When they say account wide, they really MEAN “account wide”. Talking about wow again here. Since I’m new, I just asked some people earlier about whether or not my achievement progress is shared among all characters. I was happy when they said it was. You see, on wow stuff is “account wide”, but then some stuff such as your bank isn’t, and then you have to farm all the stuff individually on each character. It’s not good when you just want to immerse yourself in one character’s story but not feel like you don’t have any real progression because all that ore you mined was on another character. The reason I asked specifically about achieves was that on wow, say you have 45/50 kills on one character, but you log into another and it shows 0/50. You have to earn the achieve before it’s shared with all characters.

All in all, since I’m one of the people who left wow eventually, I didn’t enjoy it much. That means I appreciate guild wars so much more because of their unique (to me) take on the game. Like I said though, I’m a noob so I know almost nothing about the game, but this is just what I enjoy.

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

(edited by ofLegends.9853)

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

A question I am asking myself more and more as time goes on without a reply to our concerns.

Anet says, correctly, that the majority of the playerbase do not use the forums. Admittedly, many here are present to whine and complain (myself included sometimes). But surely there should be some indication of the feedback of the playerbase reflected in the posts on this forum.

And yet we are still being completely ignored.

Kittykat it, I’m going back to Defiance/whatever worthy game I can find.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Game with no sub, sounds reasonable until you add in a megaserver.

Even F2P (after initial purchase) is not enough to tempt me back now they’ve gone to megaservers.

Outside of stupid guild mission issues, I can honestly say the megaservers has only changed my experience in one way: there are more people around.

Other than that, it feels exactly like it did before with Overflow. Going to any crowded spot would put you in an overflow with players from all sorts of servers. Which is essentially exactly how it is right now.

If that was enough to make you quit the game, then it honestly sounds like you didn’t enjoy the game in the first place.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Outside of stupid guild mission issues, I can honestly say the megaservers has only changed my experience in one way: there are more people around.

Other than that, it feels exactly like it did before with Overflow. Going to any crowded spot would put you in an overflow with players from all sorts of servers. Which is essentially exactly how it is right now.

If that was enough to make you quit the game, then it honestly sounds like you didn’t enjoy the game in the first place.

The problem is, by overcrowding the maps, they have removed the life from the game. This game is about the player (or small group) against all the dangers and challenges of a wild frontier. The hero standing against monsters and dragons, the one who fights for hope where there is only despair…

And then 6 other players, all heading in random directions appear and scoot off to pursue their own goals firing arrows, bullets, laser beams and freaking unicorns all over the place.

It is 100% immersion breaking. Not to mention the complete and utter wreck it has all made of guild missions or anything that requires a large coordinated group.

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

The problem is, by overcrowding the maps, they have removed the life from the game. <snip>

It is 100% immersion breaking. Not to mention the complete and utter wreck it has all made of guild missions or anything that requires a large coordinated group.

I completely disagree (except for wreck of guild missions…that does suck). My top 3 reasons:

1. There are still things I haven’t done, events I haven’t encountered, NPCs with lore I have not spoken to, even though I have two characters with 100% map completion. Tyria is a big place, if you go to places to you don’t normally go to with a character that is not your main, the experience is different. That doesn’t touch experimenting with different builds or different weapons.

2. I thought I wouldn’t like megaserver, but for the most part, I do. The game feels more alive. I party with more random people also exploring the area, whereas before I was always alone. I’ve noticed an influx of new/returning players and I find it enjoyable to bump into them and help out. In mid-higher levels, I do experience the small groups banding together against a difficult champ/event.

3. I love my guild. I love the people in my guild and I enjoy gaming/chatting with them. They have a great sense of humor and it’s just what I like for relaxing…which is why I game at all.

Are there things that can use improvement? Absolutely. Since I only play a few hours a day, I’m lucky that there is still much I have not completed/experienced. For others that game a lot more, yep, I can see how you can get bored.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Why do you still log in?

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Mainly the community, I just log in to chat with guildies and friends. Nice part though is no sub fees. So I can just log in every major patch to see what’s up. If I like it, I’ll play it. If not, I’ll just wait for the next major release, no big deal.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage