Why don't enemies make sound anymore?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goliath.7546

Goliath.7546

Before when you killed centaurs and stuff they’d make sounds and say stuff but now they’re silent…why?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Do you have your “Dialog Volume” in your Sound Options menu turned down all the way?

Sometimes I turn it off and forget to turn it back up later on.
I usually disable mine due to the bugged ambient conversations in cities (like Rata Sum) where they all start up at the same time (from areas above and below as well) and they all overlap for 2 seconds and then they all stop mid-sentence…only to repeat this every 5 seconds. It’s horribly annoying.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Invalid Null.5641

Invalid Null.5641

I noticed this in Metrica as well when I was blasting Inquest with my guardian staff. They used to make “electrocuted sounds” when they die but that seems to be absent after the 9/9 patch. Same thing happens when you kill them with fire. Also, they removed the skulls from the Tamini death markers in Queensdale. I guess things like this were deemed to horrible for the fragile minds of these new players we keep hearing about.

More likely it is just Anet cleaning up the game for the Chinese market or other reasons I can’t even begin to fathom.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Before you know it, the Norn will be drinking water instead of ale.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

Be sure you haven’t changed game voice translation to a language that doesn’t support it (for instance, Spanish). I think I had the same problem and I fixed it changing the voice translation to English

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

Goliath.7546

I never changed the translation since I always play the game in english…but it would seem they just removed them for some strange reason. It was the only reason I ever played GW2 anymore (it made centaur fights cinematic).

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Yea it’s odd. My copper feed salvage kit used to talk to me when i salvage items, now i hear it attempting to talk, like i hear a sound then it gets cut out before it utters anything.

Also i found if an NPC is talking and i turn my character, the sound just cuts out completely. Even the sculptor at Dwyna event, you can’t sometimes hear his scream “DWYNA”! that he lets out.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

They want to make the game less scary and appealing. With the next fature patch Norn will be non alcoholics, Charr soft pacifists, all to revealing armor replaced with burkas, enemies will use toy guns and the vocabulary in the game will be restricted to 300 words.
Currently this game is like a failing surgery, each new idea they try to keep this game alive only bring more pain and permanent damage to the victim.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

They want to make the game less scary and appealing. With the next fature patch Norn will be non alcoholics, Charr soft pacifists, all to revealing armor replaced with burkas, enemies will use toy guns and the vocabulary in the game will be restricted to 300 words.
Currently this game is like a failing surgery, each new idea they try to keep this game alive only bring more pain and permanent damage to the victim.

And so say Pessimist!

Seriously though, i don’t think it’ll go that bad, you’re way too pessimistic haha.

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

And so say Pessimist!

Seriously though, i don’t think it’ll go that bad, you’re way too pessimistic haha.

You know, we germans said the same thing at the begin of the battle of Stalingrad and you know hiw it ended.
Also the playerbase said the same thing when the LS becaming more stupid and dull we ever expected. Everyone said that it only can get better, now look where we are. 2 kitten Years, no major permanent content, starting areas dumbed down aswell trait system and character progression and leveling, no endgame and so on. We could continue to list up all the things this game lacks and should have get in these 2 years.
Watch it going much worse from now on. There are barely any new players coming here and many of the veterans left the game or are about to leave. Means less money from the game and gemshop sales. And without these funds and no new ideas which arent complete bullkitten they are not able to bring the game forward. And from this point on they have 2 choices: Either close down the whole game to prevent further losses or they shut down the EU/NA branch and completely concentrate on the asian market which is far more lucrative.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

The metrics indicated that the sounds beasts make when they die are too scary for new players, so they removed them and plan to add the “Quip” sounds on NPC death (soon to be “NPC reverse birthday celebration”) for the future.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Bug all instances where there use to be a sound but now it’s clipped entirely or only play for a very short moment. I think they have a problem with the “new” audio library.

I lost the voice off of the Copper-Fed Salvage Kit.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

as far is i know showing bare bones can bring you trouble in china, can remember wow had to rework the undead race because of this (which would explain the missing skulls)

the missing soundeffect is maybe part of the improvement in performance

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

My audio is buggy as well, at least it is for enemies and NPC’s as well as the Copper fed Salvage – O- matic.
@pessimistic – well we already have legendary weapons that shoot unicorns and bubbles. My scepter is the least threatening sounding weapon in the world and I am waiting for a tennis racket skin to flesh it out completely.
Not so sure about skimpy armor since usually an Eastern influence would seem to make them skimpier not more modest. But maybe that’s just me being old and remembering some F2P MMO flavored outfits.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I can still hear the sounds, so this doesn’t seem to be a feature.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Goliath.7546

Hmm this is strange. Astralporing, can you hear centaurs make sounds when they die? Because mine don’t make any sounds. This is so depressing it was the only reason I ever played GW2 (not kidding).