Why is Double Daily Fractal still happening?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vech.7396

Vech.7396

I know its a topic that keeps coming up, but there is no reason double daily fractal should be coded anymore. I don’t mind doing a fractal for my daily, but for Kitten sake we don’t need to be required to do both a fractal and level based fractal for a daily
(Especially a high level one) cut specific levels fractal and just leave the daily fractal please.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

They are really desperate for people to play fractals more.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I know its a topic that keeps coming up, but there is no reason double daily fractal should be coded anymore. I don’t mind doing a fractal for my daily, but for Kitten sake we don’t need to be required to do both a fractal and level based fractal for a daily
(Especially a high level one) cut specific levels fractal and just leave the daily fractal please.

Because you have other dailies you can complete. You arent forced to do dailies, and you certainly arent forced to do fractals which you may or may not even be properly geared for.

It’s a non-issue for the majority, so it aint being changed. If you dont like it, just search custom arenas for open arenas advertising slackerpvp to finish your daily. Others do.

Vech.7396

If they coded Double Daily harvesting, Or Vista Veiwer or Double anything we have now I would be okay with it, this is the only thing t hat ever doubles up, Its just poor design no matter how you cut it.

Posted by: Batelle.1680

Batelle.1680

Plus it takes a slot away from another non-fractal daily task for players who don’t do fractals, PvP or WvW. Unless I decide to jump into fractals today (unlikely), I won’t be completing my dailies.

Vech.7396

Because you have other dailies you can complete. You arent forced to do dailies, and you certainly arent forced to do fractals which you may or may not even be properly geared for.

It’s a non-issue for the majority, so it aint being changed. If you dont like it, just search custom arenas for open arenas advertising slackerpvp to finish your daily. Others do.

This is the Oh Kitten it attitude at its finest, just because you can say find something else to do, doesn’t make it right, A double of the same isn’t Diversity that should be in place for dailies, we all should have 4 diverse options for all categories of the play style we like period.

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

You know you can just do one fractal in the bracket and get them both right? Is that so hard?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You know you can just do one fractal in the bracket and get them both right? Is that so hard?

No. Daily Fractal is just one fractal (any fractal from any level). Daily 21-30 Fractal (for example) is a full set of fractals. So, unless you manage to catch a group needing a fifth for the boss fractal in the daily level bracket, you’ll have to do a full run.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

You get 10 achievement points for the completion daily, so why wouldn’t you want to do them ?

If you don’t do fractals and you get two on the same day then you can only complete 2 dailies as you won’t get the completion one either.

So yeah ANet, it really does need altering, the daily fractal should be grouped with the other fractal options so only one fractal may end up as a daily.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

You get 10 achievement points for the completion daily, so why wouldn’t you want to do them ?

If you don’t do fractals and you get two on the same day then you can only complete 2 dailies as you won’t get the completion one either.

So yeah ANet, it really does need altering, the daily fractal should be grouped with the other fractal options so only one fractal may end up as a daily.

It’s been happening for four months now, so I can only assume it is working as intended, unfortunately. Well, not that it’s troubling me overmuch anymore.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Azala Yar.7693

Azala Yar.7693

It’s been happening for four months now, so I can only assume it is working as intended, unfortunately. Well, not that it’s troubling me overmuch anymore.

Well 4 months or longer it still needs to be altered. Not sure it is working as intended, looks more like an oversight to me.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

There are WvW and PvP dailies you can do as well.

And Daily AP has a cap. So missing a few days due to double Fractals when you can’t be bothered to do the WvW or PvP ones either is not the end of the world either. Because you’ll eventually hit the cap.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Well 4 months or longer it still needs to be altered. Not sure it is working as intended, looks more like an oversight to me.

It cannot possibly be oversight, given how many times the issue has been raised since the system was implemented. I don’t think it’s good design, but I do think it’s intentional.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

There are no high level daily fractals. There’s maybe something like 21-30 from time to time.

Posted by: TeddieJ.2495

TeddieJ.2495

I still not sure why OP complaining this ?

serenke.4806

I still not sure why OP complaining this ?

Because in case of a daily fractal and a daily fractals level 1-10 for example you have no other way in PvE to get your 10 achievement points for the daily, you have to enter fractals.

The thing that boggles my mind is, if OP does not mind doing a fractals for the daily, then why bring it up? You can get your 10 APs anyhow.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I like fractals and I think it’s odd.

To correct some misunderstandings:

• Daily Fractal means any single instance.
  • When it specifies a level, you need to complete the boss fractal (normally for a full run). One of the fractals is bugged, so sometimes it triggers on the third. Currently, we can get L1-9, L21-29, L11-19.
  • Unlike every other PvE daily type, fractal is the only one that sometimes shows up on the same day. We never get double gathers, double events, double vistas, etc.

I don’t think ANet should put PvE-only players in a situation where they feel compelled to go to PvP or WvW to complete their 3; players who dislike fractals do end up with that situation.

OTOH, we have some incredibly easy days, too. WvW Big Spender is trivial for anyone who has gotten a few achievement chests.

Personally, I think there are far worse problems with dailies:

• There isn’t that much variety compared to the old system. It also seems to be unimaginative relative to the diverse and interesting scope of the game.
  • It’s static, i.e. the same every month.
  • Events for a zone end up being pretty annoying for a lot of people, since most events don’t scale properly. If you aren’t at the event when it spawns, you can’t possible arrive in time.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

The logic that defends these dailies is bizarre. ‘You can’t finish your daily without doing something you don’t like, but some of those things are easy so that makes it OK’.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

While we’re at it where is the “complete a path of x dungeon”?

:)

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

serenke.4806

The logic that defends these dailies is bizarre. ‘You can’t finish your daily without doing something you don’t like, but some of those things are easy so that makes it OK’.

The idea is to pick which dailies you do. You CAN finish your dailies without going into fractals, so the logic you mentioned is flawed.

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Why are there only 4 (PvE) dailies anyway? Give me 10 dailies and let me choose which ones I want to do.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The idea is to pick which dailies you do. You CAN finish your dailies without going into fractals, so the logic you mentioned is flawed.

Both WvW and SPvP players can easily do their dailies always without dipping into PvE. Why PvE players should be encouraged to move to PvP for their dailies? There’s a double standard here at play.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

As someone who isn’t a big fan of fractals, I really hope it stays. It means I can do one fractal run and get two bonus pristine relics for it. There are plenty of other ways to get the daily if you’re really against them.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I have been, and remain, in favour of the new daily system. It changes dailies from an almost-guaranteed extra for doing almost anything, to a reward for doing specific tasks. The former system was pretty much pointless, since in substance it was barely different from a log-in reward.

But yes, the current system has been realised fairly badly. The specific tasks are boring and repetitive. Quite simply, there is far too small a pool, which is why things like the double-Fractal keep coming up. Ideally, I’d like a list of possible dailies that means you wouldn’t encounter the same combination – in PvE, at least – in the course of a year. That would keep things fresh and fun all the time.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This would be far far ;more of an issue if there weren’t a daily cap for achievement points. Let’s say in the course of three years you get this a dozen times. It means it’ll take a dozen extra dailies at some point to MAX OUT your dailies anyway.

There’s no real reason to assume you NEED to do dailies every day since at some point they’ll stop counting anyway.

There are also PvP rooms set up for people who don’t like to PvP to get dailies fast WITHOUT PVPING.

That is to say the players in those rooms cooperate instead of compete so everyone gets the daily. It’s faster to do that for a single daily or even two than to do even the simplest fractal on the lowest level.

You may not enjoy doing it, but if you’re that uptight about getting those ten achievement points immediately there is another option.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

don’t mind the regular fractals, it’s a good way to earn …rings… for my 15 chgaracters, especially for second sets.

Was lucky today and got an infused red ring

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

This would be far far ;more of an issue if there weren’t a daily cap for achievement points. Let’s say in the course of three years you get this a dozen times. It means it’ll take a dozen extra dailies at some point to MAX OUT your dailies anyway.

There’s no real reason to assume you NEED to do dailies every day since at some point they’ll stop counting anyway.

There are also PvP rooms set up for people who don’t like to PvP to get dailies fast WITHOUT PVPING.

That is to say the players in those rooms cooperate instead of compete so everyone gets the daily. It’s faster to do that for a single daily or even two than to do even the simplest fractal on the lowest level.

You may not enjoy doing it, but if you’re that uptight about getting those ten achievement points immediately there is another option.

Well actually, it currently occurs once every 10 days, so in 3 years that about 109 extra days to max out the dailies, not a dozen, for those unwilling to step outside general PvE. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

So I have to choose between making progress or having fun? Why should I have to make that choice?

This is a game. Having fun is literally the only thing that matters. If a system requires me to choose between progress or fun, that system is bad.

Vayne.8563

So I have to choose between making progress or having fun? Why should I have to make that choice?

This is a game. Having fun is literally the only thing that matters. If a system requires me to choose between progress or fun, that system is bad.

My point is that’s always the choice. You always have had that choice even in the old days.

In fact, with the old dailies, doing five dailies a day you’d only have five points a day. Even skipping days you get points faster this way.

In other words, eventually it won’t matter. It only really matters in your head.

Astralporing.1957

It only really matters in your head.

So, it matters where it matters the most.

Edit: and i do like, how you want to downplay the scale of the problem with your “dozen occurences in 3 years” example.

Actions, not words.

Vayne.8563

Well actually, it currently occurs once every 10 days, so in 3 years that about 109 extra days to max out the dailies, not a dozen, for those unwilling to step outside general PvE. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Table

Okay so in that case it will take you an extra few months to max it out.

if you’re no longer playing it won’t matter and if you aren’t playing you’ll have it. It’s not like those points are going to do anything except get you to goals faster. It’s all long term goals anyway.

How many of those days during the ten is there not a big spender, btw, because you can do that without PvPing at all?

How many people that are in this situation weren’t a good way into the daily cap before the dailies changed?

What you’re really saying is that you don’t like the daily selection in PvE, you refuse to do any PvP daily even though it’s faster and easier, and that you will eventually catch up but that’s not good enough for you.

Okay, I can see that.

I don’t love PvP either, but I get between 1 and 2 PvP dailies almost every day without PvPing. It’s faster than the PvE daily, just about always.

It would be different if there were no cap but there is one.

Vayne.8563

Not from my point of view.

Within the context of this came you’re denied nothing. You’ll simply get to a reward more slowly. You’ll eventually end up with the same reward.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The double fractals appear because for some obscure reason “daily fractal” and “daily fractal <insert scale number>” are on different daily rotation lists.

Astralporing.1957

Within the context of this came you’re denied nothing. You’ll simply get to a reward more slowly. You’ll eventually end up with the same reward.

Unless it will end up being one of the “minor”, annoyances that end up in me stopping enjoying this game. And there are a lot of those in the daily system alone already.

Also, to me it seems it is an annoyance for annoyance’s sake – there’s no reason why it couldn’t be fixed overnight by Anet, if they actually paid attention for once. All that would that fix require is to move the “daily fractal” to the same rotation list as other fractal dailies.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Daily engie is more of an issue than this.

If you don’t like fractals no one is really forcing you to do them with the double daily. Daily fractal means you just have to do one at any scale. Get some friends or post in lfg, roll for swamp and you will have it done in 5-10 min tops.

We fractal lovers get so little. A repeated fractal skin, a useless healer’s chest, or kittenty unneeded ring is the loot I see on the regular. This double daily makes my fractal running experience joyful because I actually get something for the work I put in. Can we at least keep this part of the daily?

Also if you have never done fractals before, the daily fractal on swamp is seriously 100x easier and less annoying than the daily event completer!

Vayne.8563

Unless it will end up being one of the “minor”, annoyances that end up in me stopping enjoying this game. And there are a lot of those in the daily system alone already.

Also, to me it seems it is an annoyance for annoyance’s sake – there’s nor eason why it couldn’t be fixed overnight by Anet, if they actually paid attention for once.

People stop enjoying the game for all sorts of reasons, not just this game, but every game. At some point I’ve stopped enjoying every MMO I’ve ever been in. Every MMO has myriad annoyances. I’ve never met an exception.

I’m pretty sure most changes to MMOs cause people to leave the MMO. It happens all the time. People get stuff in their head that becomes to them a hot button topic and depending on how many people are affected, it may or may not be a big deal.

I know people left Guild Wars 1 when Ursan was nerfed even though Ursan desperately needed to be nerfed. That was a much bigger change for those people than this one is.

I’m pretty sure most people who were going to leave the game over this have already left. I’m pretty sure anyone can jump into one of the PvP daily rooms, not PvP and still get their daily faster than doing four events in ANY zone.

Yes there will be people who refuse to do that. But what are those people being denied? That’s the real question here.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

they overlap a lot of dailies so they can be done faster. for example yesterday two of the dailies could be completed in plains of ashford (ashford events and ascalon lumberer)

If all else fails, hop to eotm and zerg for a tower/keep for your daily

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Just a flesh wound.3589

if you’re no longer playing it won’t matter and if you aren’t playing you’ll have it. It’s not like those points are going to do anything except get you to goals faster. It’s all long term goals anyway.

How many of those days during the ten is there not a big spender, btw, because you can do that without PvPing at all?

How many people that are in this situation weren’t a good way into the daily cap before the dailies changed?

What you’re really saying is that you don’t like the daily selection in PvE, you refuse to do any PvP daily even though it’s faster and easier, and that you will eventually catch up but that’s not good enough for you.

Okay, I can see that.

I don’t love PvP either, but I get between 1 and 2 PvP dailies almost every day without PvPing. It’s faster than the PvE daily, just about always.

I’m not saying all that about myself as I do go outside the PvE dailies (not fractals though). However it seems there are a fair number of people who have an almost visceral dislike of anything that has the slightest touch of PvP to it, including the WvW big spender. If it means that much to them, then maybe the system shouldn’t be set up so they have to chose between not getting the daily achieve points or doing something that is so distasteful to them. All the game has to do is remove the double fractal daily to make them happy.

ANet may give it to you.

Vayne.8563

Okay, I can see that.

I’m not saying all that about myself as I do go outside the PvE dailies (not fractals though). However there it seems there are a fair number of people who have an almost visceral dislike of anything that has the slightest touch of PvP to it, including the WvW big spender. If it means that much to them, then maybe the system shouldn’t be set up so they have to chose between not getting the daily achieve points or doing something that is so distasteful to them. All the game has to do is remove the double fractal daily to make them happy.

I disagree with the big spender thing, since you literally don’t have to PvP to get it. There are always going to be complaints in every game. Companies have to decide which complaints are reasonable.

With big spender,. since zero PvP is required, you can literally do it without risking having to PvP at all, I don’t see the problem. If someone is so stuck on the words PvP that they can’t go buy an item to get their daily, I’m thinking the issue is theirs.

I didn’t bother bringing up days when there’s daily ruins for example because in that case you might have to PvP. For big spender you do not.

Astralporing.1957

I know people left Guild Wars 1 when Ursan was nerfed even though Ursan desperately needed to be nerfed. That was a much bigger change for those people than this one is.

Oh, please, let’s not act as if that double fractal daily is something as important to the game as game balance (or that keeping it is important at all). For some reason i get the feeling that you are defending it now just for defending’s sake, not because you think it’s worth defending. Again, by the way – you seem to do that a lot.

Actions, not words.

Vayne.8563

Oh, please, let’s not act as if that double fractal daily is something as important to the game as game balance (or that keeping it is important at all). For some reason i get the feeling that you are defending it now just for defending’s sake, not because you think it’s worth defending. Again, by the way – you seem to do that a lot.

I’m not implying it’s important to the game, you’re reading what I wrote wrong. I’m saying a non issue is a nonissue even if some people think it’s an issue.

I don’t know how much work would be involved in changing this, and I’m not sure it’s worth changing. I think anyone who would have left over it has already left.

But you still haven’t answered my question. If you refuse, adamantly refuse to do ANY dailies other than PvE, what are you actually losing by skipping the day this comes up?

Posted by: AdaephonDelat.3890

AdaephonDelat.3890

I believe his point was things change in games like this and not everyone is going to like every change. I much prefer the new daily system (we’ve had this fight before) as for me it’s easier and quicker. You hate it.

I like double fractal day as it help me to get tomes of knowledge and more pristine relics. Also helps me level up in fractals and helps me to teach newer guild members and increase their levels. Oh and before you turn round with “You can do that anyway blah blah blah” my guild has a dedicated fractal night every week (Friday night to be precise) so yes we can do that and we generally do. But it’s nice to have that extra bonus incentive to do it.

You dislike fractals and don’t want to play it. Not an issue – just don’t play it. I dislike activities and never do that daily. Never did it previously either. And I highly doubt I’m gonna do it in the future either unless they add an activity I really enjoy.

[BAD] a casual PvE guild on Aurora Glade.
http://bad-eu.guildlaunch.com
The Family Deuce. Asuran Adventure Specialists.

Astralporing.1957

You dislike fractals and don’t want to play it. Not an issue – just don’t play it. I dislike activities and never do that daily. Never did it previously either.

The difference is there are no “double activity” days. I am not asking for removal of fractal dailies. All i am asking for is to move the “daily fractal” to the same category with other fractal ones, so they won’t happen on the same day.

Not that i wouldn’t want having more daily options per game mode (as i think 4 is too low and too restrictive). If there were more options, then the double fractal wouldn’t be a problem (or at least as much of a problem as it is now).

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

I like double fractal daily cuz i can get more pristine tokens. Also you can finish your daily easily just doing 1 fractal so I don`t see the problem here. For today you can do:
-lv1 swamp fractal – like 5min
-pick 4 plants in kryta – like 1min
-4 events in brisban – like 10min
or change one from above to:
-capture ruins (even though is in pvp map its very easy to get, just run and stay there for a minute, havent been killed once doing that daily yet)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Okay, I can see that.

I’m not saying all that about myself as I do go outside the PvE dailies (not fractals though). However there it seems there are a fair number of people who have an almost visceral dislike of anything that has the slightest touch of PvP to it, including the WvW big spender. If it means that much to them, then maybe the system shouldn’t be set up so they have to chose between not getting the daily achieve points or doing something that is so distasteful to them. All the game has to do is remove the double fractal daily to make them happy.

I disagree with the big spender thing, since you literally don’t have to PvP to get it. There are always going to be complaints in every game. Companies have to decide which complaints are reasonable.

With big spender,. since zero PvP is required, you can literally do it without risking having to PvP at all, I don’t see the problem. If someone is so stuck on the words PvP that they can’t go buy an item to get their daily, I’m thinking the issue is theirs.

I didn’t bother bringing up days when there’s daily ruins for example because in that case you might have to PvP. For big spender you do not.

You’re being logical. The problem is that the reasons behind their refusal is emotions. Trying to argue with logical reasons against another person’s emotional reasons means that the argument quickly becomes circular because neither of you is hearing the other side. You can discuss the PvE version of the PvP daily or how the big spender isn’t WvW, but if they can’t “hear” your logic because of their emotions then logical arguments are a waste of time.

People who are arguing that it’s impossible to do the daily on the double fractal days are telling you that their emotions are not letting them do it.

ANet may give it to you.

serenke.4806

Both WvW and SPvP players can easily do their dailies always without dipping into PvE. Why PvE players should be encouraged to move to PvP for their dailies? There’s a double standard here at play.

There is no double-standard at play.
Just look at it from a PvP player’s point of view. They have 2 daily class wins, every day. They are forced to change to a class they might not want to play at all, just to grab the 10 APs.

WvWers have it easier i suppose, yet i’m sure they also have dailies that they have to actively seek out. Maybe on the offensive all day long, no objective defender or running with a big zerg, so no ruin capper. Or a roamer not able to capture a keep.

serenke.4806

People who are arguing that it’s impossible to do the daily on the double fractal days are telling you that their emotions are not letting them do it.

Then they have to live with the fact that they miss those 10 APs for that day. It was a choice they made after all.

Vayne.8563

Okay, I can see that.

You’re being logical. The problem is that the reasons behind their refusal is emotions. Trying to argue with logical reasons against another person’s emotional reasons means that the argument quickly becomes circular because neither of you is hearing the other side. You can discuss the PvE version of the PvP daily or how the big spender isn’t WvW, but if they can’t “hear” your logic because of their emotions then logical arguments are a waste of time.

And I’m asking if they don’t do it, what’s the actual penalty? What are they really missing out on?

All I can see is that it will take them longer to reach the cap. They’ll still reach it if they keep playing. Once they reach it it truly becomes a non issue.

It’s simply a long term goal becoming a slightly longer long term goal.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

The point in question is: is it complicated to change it, so that only one fractal task appears per day and if this happened (no more double daily fractals) what do we loose?

I think we’d loose nothing and I think it shouldn’t be that complicated to change. That is all.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Pretty sure you need to earn badges in WvW to be able to spend them for the big spender daily.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.