Why is everyone so obsessed with legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to “poop rainbows”

Quote of the week nominee!

So many proctologist jokes….so little time…

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to “poop rainbows”

It’s a video game, let the player do what they want. They bought it, they got the legendary, and they apparently have fun shooting rainbows.

You can’t shoot rainbows in real life. You can in this game though. And maybe that is the reason they are playing, who knows.

Also, being able to switch stats on the fly is really convenient. Never will I have to craft newly released ascended stats like Nomad for some of my weapons.

Besides, on my Mesmer, I already have 4 sets of different armor stats, and I would need to use more space had I went for Ascended weapons.

Dang, I didn’t even realize you could change their stats on the fly. No wonder people want them so bad over ascended.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Because Meteorlogicus is super pretty.

And I like pretty things.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Dang, I didn’t even realize you could change their stats on the fly. No wonder people want them so bad over ascended.

B-th-b-…b-…n-…wh-b-…

Sigh

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I am actually not concerned with getting a Legendary weapon at all. Exotic stats are plenty high enough for any content in the game — in many cases it is overkill. The ability to switch stats on the fly would be neat, but realistically having a couple alternate weapons is fine for this.

For me, if I were to go after one it would be for the skin. And there are a few Legendaries that I really like (I think Kudzu if my fave), but there is no skin in the universe worth the incredible amount of grind, monotony, and RNG required to get such a thing.

Even the question of whether or not Ascended equipment is worth it, is in doubt. I made a couple pieces of armor, and it was pretty brutal. The stat increase is quite minimal, too. I have half a mind to just “retire” from gearing, sell all materials I get from now on, convert gold to gems, and live like a king.

The thing I do really resent about Legendaries, though, is how much ArenaNet pushes them. I don’t complain that “there’s no endgame in GW2,” but I do take issue with how much of the endgame is intended to be farming for a Legendary. There are so many rewards and items whose sole purpose is strictly to build a Legendary out of. It’s quite maddening.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Bam!
Instant prestige and rareness surpassing legendaries! (for a few more months at least)

Sunrise / Twilight / Eternity are so overdone.

I agree with you completely. Everywhere I look I see a twilight, sunrise, etc. etc.

But I have only seen 2 Xanthiums being wielded, I’ll take your legendary, and raise you one awesome looking staff, now all I need is the ability to make footprints and you can keep the other skins.

Also changing stats would be nice, but as I cannot change out my sigils, I’ll just use a charge instead.

Esplen.3940

Actually Tommy, that’s a good point. Without the sigil swapping, the stat swapping can be near useless.

Labjax.2465

B-th-b-…b-…n-…wh-b-…

Sigh

?

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

B-th-b-…b-…n-…wh-b-…

Sigh

?

Legendaries were popular back before they could stat swap, were soulbound, and had the same exact stats of exotics.

Labjax.2465

B-th-b-…b-…n-…wh-b-…

Sigh

?

Legendaries were popular back before they could stat swap, were soulbound, and had the same exact stats of exotics.

Well I did also say that they’re a status item..

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Adula.3698

Adula.3698

because there is nothing else to make in this game that takes use of mass amounts of gold

Esplen.3940

The stat swapping part of them is so horrendously… useless that it’s not really a reason to get Legendary. Plus it doesn’t make them Legendary, it makes them… nothing, really. Most players will not be stat swapping on the fly due to build, gear, and sigil restraints. Additionally, if they ARE going to be swapping on the fly, they are probably going to be swapping between two stats, meaning they can EASILY get both stats of Ascended for significantly cheaper than the Gift of Magic or Might alone.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What else is there to strive for?

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

It’s something to do and I adore The Dreamer’s skin. Also, shooting unicorns is awesome, I don’t care what anyone says!

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Making a legendary is all that people have left to do after they spent an entire year champ-training to lv80, skipping vistas, speedrunning dungeons, no-lifeing fractals, zerging WvW, and rushing through the LS every two weeks.

When you spend your entire game from start to finish burning through all content as fast as possible, the only content left is that which is so insurmountable that you can’t burn through it quickly enough. and even then, some people still manage to get 5-6 legendaries within the two years that the game has been live.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I just recently made my first, and probably won’t make another. There are some things I visually don’t care for. It was something big to shoot for, and I enjoyed the journey, picking away at it, mostly passively (except the past 2 months finishing up were a bit more focused), over the past (nearly) 2 years.

So, the journey.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

I am rather proud of my collection of legendaries. Lots of hard work. Lots of farming and what not. I like the ability to stat swap. I like the looks of them. I like that I set a goal to get X and did what I had to do in order to reach that goal.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Like I said, I did it for something to do.

I am now at a point where I have done most things, acquired all the skins I want, picked up most of the achievements on the way… it gave me something to do.

For me it really isn’t a status symbol. For starters, the way things are going, nobody’s ever going to see my underwater weapon. Secondly, it is not a status symbol the same way as a gaining frequent flyer gold status with all economy flights: it is less “look how kitten I am!” and more “what am I doing with my life??”

So you really shouldn’t assume that everybody has the same priorities or reasons.

With the old system, I will not craft another legendary. It was, all in all, too costly (the T6 mats were the WORST). If ANet ever release their treasure hunt-paper chase- story/mission based legendary crafting, I might go for it, because why not…I wouldn’t want to miss out and as long as it is even remotely fun, it’ll give me something to do.

Labjax.2465

Like I said, I did it for something to do.

I am now at a point where I have done most things, acquired all the skins I want, picked up most of the achievements on the way… it gave me something to do.

For me it really isn’t a status symbol. For starters, the way things are going, nobody’s ever going to see my underwater weapon. Secondly, it is not a status symbol the same way as a gaining frequent flyer gold status with all economy flights: it is less “look how kitten I am!” and more “what am I doing with my life??”

So you really shouldn’t assume that everybody has the same priorities or reasons.

With the old system, I will not craft another legendary. It was, all in all, too costly (the T6 mats were the WORST). If ANet ever release their treasure hunt-paper chase- story/mission based legendary crafting, I might go for it, because why not…I wouldn’t want to miss out and as long as it is even remotely fun, it’ll give me something to do.

I do a lot of guessing. The bright side is, sometimes people correct me. Thanks for sharing your perspective. Widens my view on it.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I’m not obsessed with obtaining a Legendary weapon for my account but I can appreciate the level of effort it takes to craft one. That said, I finally decided to work towards a Legendary great sword because five of my characters can use one.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I do a lot of guessing. The bright side is, sometimes people correct me. Thanks for sharing your perspective. Widens my view on it.

That was unexpected and appreciated!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

For me, it’s was just completeness. After almost two years, finally got lucky and a precursor dropped. But, now that I have one, I feel no need to ever get another one.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

I’ve never had a precursor, let alone a legendary.

None of them really appeal to me aesthetically except for the shield, but since warrior shield is useless in PVE there’s not much point working towards it anyway.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Barbie Wars… End of Story…

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I’m getting the predator, it’s gorgeous IMO. Most of you are just too lazy to go work for one/are one of those “I want all weapons to be boring and subtle in game hue realism” types.

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Some legendary skins i do like a lot although my Ele is unable to equip them but i find the stat swapping much more appealing to me.

Legendary armor is something i would work towards but i can’t even manage to make the weapons, so it would be pretty much a look but unable to touch lol