Why is the RP crowd so closed off?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

that is awesome, I’ve tried to make a charr, love the concept, but I can’t make one that doesn’t look like a bloodthirsty crazy one. I want to make one cute as Tybalt. </3

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

that is awesome, I’ve tried to make a charr, love the concept, but I can’t make one that doesn’t look like a bloodthirsty crazy one. I want to make one cute as Tybalt. </3

One of my friends made a female charr for looks and RPs it as a male, a very fluffy male, and yes we give him crap about it!

I keep hoping for the same though, all the male faces are ugly I just want one that looks nice, that has a full head of teeth, you know, a younger male.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

coso.9173

I’d settle for a closed mouth, to be honest. charr must have constant dry throat with their mouths open all the time XD

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

But, yeah. Ignoring a live event to continue dialogue?

“The heroes chat about events or some thing of interest while an actual event happens within their vicinity!”

That kills immersion. I’ve had a few bad experiences with that kind of thing. I’m sure better ones exist out there, I’ve just never bothered reaching out.

If I’m particular about things and they’re particular about things, we’ll likely clash and have issues and I don’t need drama. Not that kind, anyway.

On the inverse the events are triggered so often that it would be all they are doing. Just last week my guild was doing an RP event in Caledon that also incorporated PvE and searching for something. We barely even got through regrouping after an event with a Hylek attack and it triggered again.

Dante.1763

On the inverse the events are triggered so often that it would be all they are doing. Just last week my guild was doing an RP event in Caledon that also incorporated PvE and searching for something. We barely even got through regrouping after an event with a Hylek attack and it triggered again.

And on the other side of the world my group was parked around where the “Iron Barracuda” sits and you have to defend. That event triggered 4 times while we where there. we did it the first two times, then gave up because of just how badly it unscaled and was taking, we couldnt get anything done. Oh but did we walk out of there with loot!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

But, yeah. Ignoring a live event to continue dialogue?

“The heroes chat about events or some thing of interest while an actual event happens within their vicinity!”

That kills immersion. I’ve had a few bad experiences with that kind of thing. I’m sure better ones exist out there, I’ve just never bothered reaching out.

If I’m particular about things and they’re particular about things, we’ll likely clash and have issues and I don’t need drama. Not that kind, anyway.

That’s life. You know? The world is a crazy place.

Playing into that kind of thing is awesome to me, but not a lot of people share that thought. If an event is truly bugged though, it’s not impossible to move.

Most RPers feel static and too dialogue heavy for my taste. I’ve never encountered the inverse problem. But I’ve not really been putting myself out there either.

I also don’t have all the time in the world. I can’t guarantee I can stay for an extended session.

I’m not fantastic at coming up with legit in-character reasons to remove myself when I might have to just jump off ASAP.

Some can get testy about that. I don’t think all RPers are like that though, that’s just my experience and I’ve not been keen to really seek out a new group.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmm, hang around DR or Southsun Cove. There seems to be quite a few around those parts.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Surprised they don’t have some ‘anon’ site for GW2 roleplayers where they bash and harass anyone they don’t like ‘for the lols’

You mean this? http://gw2secrets.tumblr.com/

Dante.1763

Surprised they don’t have some ‘anon’ site for GW2 roleplayers where they bash and harass anyone they don’t like ‘for the lols’

I regret clicking on that link, i really do.

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

lol.

Right now they are doing some weird submissions must be in the form of a meme deal, but typically it is writings on a high school bathroom stall mudslinging fest that is always entertaining. Even more so when you know they are talking about you or your friends!

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

And there it is. That’s why I quit journal rp and all rp. When a bunch of 20-30 year olds are posting your RL name, phone #, address, and info and putting your RL family at risk by encouraging open harassment because you won’t play along with their gay pairing storyline, it’s time to say ‘kitten it’ and give up.

RP was a lot friendlier and more fun before this crap. Oh and that GW2 site? Tame. The anon sites for Dreamwidth encourage doxxing and posting personal stuff.

I’d imagine this is why good rpers are also closed off – because they don’t want this crap in their circle.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Edit: Yeesh… redacted, I don’t wanna get anyone doxxed or unwittingly present someones personal info, even if they are stupid enough to put that stuff out there.

Apparently I did well to get out when I did. lol

(edited by CETheLucid.3964)

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

One time, I sat at the bottom of Rata Sum with a bunch of Charr while on my Human Necro and we had a very amusing roleplayed conversation (too bad I can never do that again (RIP Spectral Walk)). I had never done any roleplaying before. There are welcoming opportunities to roleplay out there, but they are few and far between.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

coso.9173

I’ll never get all the drama that RP sometimes has, maybe it is tht I’m older but it seems like a childish thing to get angry OOC for things that are being said IC, I mean some of my friends are total kitten IC but we al know it’s not real, and we have a great time laughing about it OOC at the same time. Is it really that hard to make the difference for some people?

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I had nothing out there using my RL name so it was really not cool when my RL info was suddenly on an anon hate group for roleplayers =/ Lucky that group got deleted but yeesh…

And yeah. I wish I’d gotten out earlier myself. I loved roleplaying but somewhere along the line, this behavior became okay. No thanks, I’ll play Dungeons and Dragons instead.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I’ve heard a few RP’ers chatting in Rata Sum while doing crafting. Where appropriate, I like to interject an in-character comment about the drunken bear

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court