Why not make Upgrade Extractor a Vendor item?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Q:

It just doesn’t seem like it should belong in the gemstore but rather at the 10,000 merchants out there. With Ascended armor out it becomes even more evident that no one is going to craft another armor piece just to place other runes on their set. And since April 15th, rune meta has changed a lot.

For example, I’m banking my ascended armor with rune of Traveler just because it’s not that viable anymore… I bet many have this problem too.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: PattyCakeChamp.5268

PattyCakeChamp.5268

A:

I agree the upgrade extractor needs to be easier to obtain/use. Especially with how “alt friendly” you ascended gear is supposed to be. Its not alt friendly when my guardian uses traveler runes and my warrior uses melandru. Also, since this is related, give us the option to salvage upgrades from wvw armor. Remove the exotic salvage tables from the armor and have it only salvage the upgrade using same % on kits there already is (so you still need BL kit for 100% recovery).

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

So you prefer to bank your armor because you want to keep your runes that all in all cost 40g, which is recovered about 1-2 times in a day only by playing the game?

If you know the runes you wanna use, just buy them and apply them. That’ll be less costy than anything else.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I agree with fror but regardless the extractors are far too expensive to be worth it, especially with current conversion prices. Why would I spend more money to get my runes out than the runes themselves cost? That’s just silly.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

So you prefer to bank your armor because you want to keep your runes that all in all cost 40g, which is recovered about 1-2 times in a day only by playing the game?

I don’t think most people make anywhere near that amount of gold every 1-2 days. (If that’s what you meant by your post)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

If you know the runes you wanna use, just buy them and apply them. That’ll be less costy than anything else.

I wanna play whatever game you play! 40-80 gold per day? Awesome!

(unless you’re just playing the tradepost, that’s no fun for me)

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

You make 40g-80g per day “only by playing the game”? Unless I’m reading that wrong, I must not be playing the game correctly then O_o

Kegmaster

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I wanna play whatever game you play! 40-80 gold per day? Awesome!

(unless you’re just playing the tradepost, that’s no fun for me)

Dungeons, nearly all of them, sell all you get, you get that amount of money.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

proviticus.4183

Dungeons, nearly all of them, sell all you get, you get that amount of money.

ah, you forgot the first step: land a really good dungeon guild, unless you were referring to 24 hours of in game time, not real world days.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

ah, you forgot the first step: land a really good dungeon guild

Is it really that hard to find a dungeon guild who doesn’t die left and right in a dungeon and doesn’t have people who think that scepter guardians in cleric gear is the best way to play ?
I’m honestly asking this question. After 2 years and barely no real change to dungeons (the AC spider queen isn’t really a game-breaking change…it is for people who used a pillar, it isn’t for those who didn’t bother to).

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

I love how smart-behindy this looks like. My issue is I have 1 exo set with strength runes and 1 asc set with traveler rune. What I do want to keep both set of runes but being able to replace them, same goes for sigils.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

I like the idea of it becoming a vendor item and then adding to this by making the gemstore item permanent like the copper fed salvage-o-matic.
Only one other revamp for runes I can think of is to make soulbound runes that come from the Mystic Forge account bound. When throwing 4 rare runes into the MF and getting a soulbound exotic out… there’s really nothing to do with it unless that particular character can use it.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Anything else, except the system we had before the major update, of course. They should lower the cost of extractors, by a lot, and people would buy them like crazy. Maybe even throw in a free extractor for every five charges you buy. That would improve sales and give people the tools they need to continue playing the game the way it worked at launch.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

proviticus.4183

ah, you forgot the first step: land a really good dungeon guild

Is it really that hard to find a dungeon guild who doesn’t die left and right in a dungeon and doesn’t have people who think that scepter guardians in cleric gear is the best way to play ?
I’m honestly asking this question. After 2 years and barely no real change to dungeons (the AC spider queen isn’t really a game-breaking change…it is for people who used a pillar, it isn’t for those who didn’t bother to).

you asked the wrong question. It absolutely is hard to find a guild where you can have 4 more people who are willing to do EVERY SINGLE DUNGEON AND PATH every single day that works with your schedule.

I find all of your responses have a holier-than-though tone and you come off as an elitist. You may be better than some of us at this game, but that doesn’t make us monkeys running around in circles.