Why screw people who already own the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

$50 is the price for the expansion alone. The core is just a bonus for new players. I’m not saying I agree with their pricing

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

$50 is the price for the expansion alone. The core is just a bonus for new players. I’m not saying I agree with their pricing

If it’s included, you’re paying for it.

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

$_$

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Support my idea in the signature! Since reducing price/refund will be a logistics nightmare, they should just give the existing players 1600 gems. Effectively, that makes the xpac $30.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Think of it as the expansion costing $50 and newer players are getting the core game for free. WoW’s latest expansion is $49.99.

I do wish it was cheaper though.

Posted by: Echoed Requiem.5409

Echoed Requiem.5409

Is there any way of getting a refund? I got my friend to buy the game a couple weeks ago so we could level up and prep before the expansion, now I find out both the expansion and core game are included for $50? that’s $40 gone that went to literally nothing.

Posted by: Robert Devine.3087

Robert Devine.3087

Is there any way of getting a refund? I got my friend to buy the game a couple weeks ago so we could level up and prep before the expansion, now I find out both the expansion and core game are included for $50? that’s $40 gone that went to literally nothing.

No it went to a game you bought.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Yes .
Make a ticket about it

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Support my idea in the signature! Since reducing price/refund will be a logistics nightmare, they should just give the existing players 1600 gems. Effectively, that makes the xpac $30.

That assumes you wanted to drop $20 in gems. That’s no different from Just dropping $50 on the expansion in my mind, since there’s nothing worth spending real money on in the gem shop imo

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Think of it as the expansion costing $50 and newer players are getting the core game for free. WoW’s latest expansion is $49.99.

I do wish it was cheaper though.

I think I’m paying for something I already own. Thanks but no thanks.

Countless

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

They are offering refunds for this situation.

Posted by: Fjaeldmark.9043

Fjaeldmark.9043

I think I’m paying for something I already own. Thanks but no thanks.

Countless

Just because you think it doesn’t make it true.

Posted by: Echoed Requiem.5409

Echoed Requiem.5409

not if we buy the expansion, then it’s $40 that we got nothing out of.

it’s like saying, if you go to the store and they ring in your soda twice, then being like “well, at least you got the soda”

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

If it’s included, you’re paying for it.

That’s just one way to see it. The other is that, if you’re a new player, you a bonus incentive to join the fun by not needing to pay more than the price of the expansion to play.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

not if we buy the expansion, then it’s $40 that we got nothing out of.

it’s like saying, if you go to the store and they ring in your soda twice, then being like “well, at least you got the soda”

Hmm are you and your friend playing the game now? How long had he been playing? You say you wanted to get a head start for the expansion, do you feel that advantage should be free?

Posted by: Poetraven.2693

Poetraven.2693

I think £35 is too much for the expansion considering old players paid £10-£50 for the previous game and are expected to pay another £35 plus for an expansion where new players get the base game and the expansion for £35. There should be an option to buy a discounted version of the expansion for old players or should be give something.