Why there's no LFG 7m after launch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

OP has no idea what he’s talking about. Facts:

1/ GW1 didn’t get a grouping tool until almost two year into the game.

2/ The GW1 grouping tool didn’t even function well for grouping … it was mostly a trading tool or for specific farms

3/ A.net wants to do this right, so either a good tool or none

4/ GW2lfg.com does the job just fine. Are you asking for an in-game spidy, dragon timer, gold farm maps, youtube … too?

1. That might be true, but in light of that GW2 came out five years after that tool had been implemented into GW1. It should be a clear indicator that GW2 would benefit just as much from a tool as any other MMO out there.

2. Whatever it was used for, it’s functionality is far better than the one we have in GW2. In GW1 you could at least mark which quests you were looking to do. The GW2 only marks you as LFG, so are you looking to do a dungeon, a JP, a mini dungeon, an event, or just in the mood to group.

It doesn’t matter what the tool was used for in GW1, the basis was there, and it was already better than the kitten one we have in GW2.

3. ANet only started working on the tool recently. During the beta whenever a person asked them about it, they merely pointed out there was already a tool in game. Even after release people asked for it, but ANet said they had no plans to work on one. Due to the LA chat mess they started looking into it.

The actual fact is, if the person who worked on the lame tool currently in game did a better job during development, then this issue would be non-existant.

4. What an extremely lame reply. He’s asking about the LFG tool, and your reply to that is, “yeah, well, do you also want a dragon timer, farming maps and youtube in the game as well? Huh?”… That’s just weak and a very poor point your trying to make.

By blowing it out of proportion and suggesting he’s asking too much sort of makes your argument blow up in your face. He’s not asking for any of that, he made no attempt to ask for any of that, and he is not asking for too much in the least.

The fact of the matter is, development time went into make an under par LFG tool for the game. It’s not an acceptable tool and people have been clamoring for an improvement, and ANet decided to take their time with it.

GW2lfg is not an excuse. An in game LFG tool if done well (and I’m not talking about the lame WoW grouper) is meant to bring players who want to do dungeons together. Pretty much in the same way the mists tools bring PvPers together. Would it have been alright if PvPers had to spam LA chat to get matches going? Then why should dungeon runners do it?

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

Bad analogy.

A better analogy is if someone who doesn’t own the house makes their own toilet (or brings in a portapotty).

So, you think it’s fine for clients to pay for a service and then need to do their own work to make up for the problems? If you see no problem there when it comes to customer service then you have very low standards. And I’m sorry to say, you should stay away from such practices. The analogy works perfectly fine, as it refers to a lacking in the structure that needs to be filled.

Analogy aside though, for some inexplicable reason there are people who think it’s fine that there’s a gaping hole left within the game, but think it’s in bad taste when people ask ANet to fill it, soon.

GW1 had a perfectly functional LFG tool, light years ahead of the inexcusably piece of crap we have at the moment. Why they didn’t just replicate the same tool for the sequel is very odd.

Your analogy was flawed because it didn’t represent the situation properly. “Using the backyard” represents spamming Lion’s Arch for a group rather than a workaround such as gw2lfg.com (which is analogous to using another toilet).

Additionally, nowhere did I say it was “fine”. I merely said I’m not complaining due to the fact a workaround is available. Sure, a customer shouldn’t resort to his/her own measures to overcome a problem that stems from the product. However, what we have right now is quite workable with and doesn’t test the patience of 99.9% of the populous. If it was difficult to workaround the problem, then would it be a true issue. Also, someone else mentioned something about GW1’s “LFG”. You might want to read up about it.

Asides, didn’t Anet say they were working on something of the sort? Given everyone’s apathy of the issue, I don’t think it’s surprising at all that Anet didn’t prioritize it.

To make it more obvious, I emphasized the word apathy for a very good reason.

(edited by Heijincks.9267)

Azjenco.9425

Asides, didn’t Anet say they were working on something of the sort? Given everyone’s apathy of the issue, I don’t think it’s surprising at all that Anet didn’t prioritize it.

I wouldn’t call it apathy. On the developers part, perhaps, but from the fan base there’s been a few threads like this since launch. From there the people have always been divided. It use to be between the “we want it” and the “just spam LA” crowds. Now it’s between the “we still want it” and the “just use GW2lfg” crowds. But with a reoccurring trend where people ask for it, I wouldn’t call that apathy.

As for the GW2lfg, it’s not a good placeholder, in my opinion.
From the times I’ve put my name down, less than a third of the time I’ve received an invite. And alt-tabbing to and fro, while copy-pasting names and typing “hey, you still have space left”, is far from efficient. Most of the times I get “sorry, all full”, or no replies. I think a lot of people just leave their requests there and ignore it, even when they get a group. During peak times I’ve also had the site freeze, and sometimes the lists wont update correctly.

No, it’s not an efficient work around. For me the LFG tool cannot come soon enough.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Anyone who comes in here to tell me to use an external website to mimic a function that’s integral to the game can save their time and not post. Guild Wars 1 and every other MMO which utilised a party system had an LFG working on launch day.

So ArenaNET, why no LFG?

Just to say, the bolded bit is completely untrue, and an unhelpful hyperbolic position. The vast majority of MMOs I can think of (having played since 1999) started with no or totally inadequate LFG systems. I don’t know why that is, but that is the truth, and that they all had them is simply not the case. In most cases it took 1-2 years (minimum) for a proper LFG (not just a chat channel or the like) to appear.

EQ, DAoC, WoW (WoW actually REMOVED it’s LFG functions for a long time!), and dozens of others fit this pattern. Even where games did launch with LFG it tended to be virtually non-functional.

That’s not to say GW2 shouldn’t do better. It should. I mean, if you’re better than other MMOs in most ways, why not in this way? Just let’s not pretend many MMOs got this right early on. There must have been some, but I can’t think of them.

Eurhetemec.9052

GW2lfg is not an excuse. An in game LFG tool if done well (and I’m not talking about the lame WoW grouper) is meant to bring players who want to do dungeons together. Pretty much in the same way the mists tools bring PvPers together. Would it have been alright if PvPers had to spam LA chat to get matches going? Then why should dungeon runners do it?

Can you name a current or past MMO with an “in game LFG tool done well”, given you don’t think the WoW one is?

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I agree with the OP, but it’s not an issue for me personally because most of my experiences with PUGs have been bad. And there’s a risk of being booted out before the final boss, and I’m not putting myself in that position. That’s more unacceptable to me. I found a big active guild that luckily spares me from having to play with the selfish and unfriendly.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

4. What an extremely lame reply. He’s asking about the LFG tool, and your reply to that is, “yeah, well, do you also want a dragon timer, farming maps and youtube in the game as well? Huh?”… That’s just weak and a very poor point your trying to make.

Actually, it isn’t. There is a functional grouping tool, made by the community. The OP is asking to rush a project that’s low on the prio list.

By blowing it out of proportion and suggesting he’s asking too much sort of makes your argument blow up in your face. He’s not asking for any of that, he made no attempt to ask for any of that, and he is not asking for too much in the least.

In my opinion, he’s indeed asking for too much. Rushing the development of a delicate tool while a functional solution exist, is asking too much.

The fact of the matter is, development time went into make an under par LFG tool for the game. It’s not an acceptable tool and people have been clamoring for an improvement, and ANet decided to take their time with it.

All MMO games have community support in the form of add-ons, wikis, websites and forums. The gw2lfg.com website is the perfect reason to take time and focus on releasing a very good in-game lfg tool, that’s done when it’s done.

If a.net would release a rushed, broken lfg tool like in GW1, they’d have fire and brimstone. Another bad tool is worse than no tool… So I’d much rather have them wait until it’s fully done, even if that takes another 6 months. In the meantime, community support is what drives an MMO, and that includes gw2lfg.com.

So while you can show your appreciation for an in-game lfg tool, you should do so with the note that it’s released when it’s done, and no sooner.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Azjenco.9425

Can you name a current or past MMO with an “in game LFG tool done well”, given you don’t think the WoW one is?

WoW has a dungeon finder, not an actual LFG tool. You can’t find groups to do quests or just explore. It throws you into a group and throw you all into a dungeon. When I said that I meant they should make a tool that shows available players and groups for different activities in the game, not a tool that automatically throws you into a dungeon.

The DDO group tool was very well done though.

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

How about giving the ability to open the website in game then?
Assets are already in place, thats how the Gem Store works.

I’ve been trying to run gw2 via steam, and use the steam overlay for that…works but its a big resource hog…

Posted by: Spawn.7014

Spawn.7014

This game’s population has dropped by at least 25%.
This game should have launched with some kind of LFG system. More like DOO style not like WoW.

I spend 60% of my time playing this game spaming LA for a group. This is not a productive way of playing this game.

After the game went live one of the first threads was about an LFG system it had over 6000 response’s before Anet closed the tread and after a week of 30+ threads about LFG Anet deleted them all.

(edited by Spawn.7014)

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

Took WoW 5 years from launch to implement one, I remember when they did.

And now it is a standard feature that is expected to be there at launch. Like character customization, wardrobe slots, and dungeons.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

They dont have to waste resources on it, there is a website that made one for them.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Azjenco.9425

They dont have to waste resources on it, there is a website that made one for them.

But there’s no options for JPs, mini-dungeons, group events, or general zone exploration. It also doesn’t allow you the in game functionality of viewing group compositions. Nor is it linked to chat at a simple click of a button.

It’s still just a website. An in game LFG should have so much more and allow a lot more interactivity, far more than an external web page could ever deliver.

Spawn.7014

one of the main reasons I haven’t played this game past the first month is the lack of group finding options.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

And now it is a standard feature that is expected to be there at launch. Like character customization, wardrobe slots, and dungeons.

There’s such a long list of standard features expected at launch that you’d wonder how devs have the time to actually develop the game itself …

All those quality of life features can be done by the community. I’d personally leave it to the devs to … y’know … build the game itself.

Most of those “standard features” are not important until well after launch. The core game is the first focus. Pet projects such as lfg tools, iphone apps, build templates, … are for later. These are simply the things you can expect the community to build for themselves instead of wasting precious development time on existing stuff.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Lanrin.6785

Lanrin.6785

I would expect some sort of group finder to be standard content for an mmo that has instances like gw2. And i don’t mean the less than fit-for-purpose Y-button thing that is currently provided.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

How standard it really is, though?

TSW launched without one, was added 2 months after release… so did TOR, the group finder was added in update 1.3, 6 months after release… TERA originally launched without one as well in Asia, was added for the North American launch almost a year and a half later… seems that these days what should be expected is for MMOs to launch without a group finder and adding it in later patches.

That said, I do add my voice to the list of people wanting a group finder, but I don’t want a “auto form party” one, I want one like WoW had around TBC, where you could just see which groups were forming or what people was looking to join groups for each dungeon, and you had to actually send a tell to someone you wanted to invite to group or to the group leader to ask for an invite.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

Eurhetemec.9052

WoW has a dungeon finder, not an actual LFG tool. You can’t find groups to do quests or just explore. It throws you into a group and throw you all into a dungeon. When I said that I meant they should make a tool that shows available players and groups for different activities in the game, not a tool that automatically throws you into a dungeon.

The DDO group tool was very well done though.

I agree that WoW’s LFD tool isn’t an actual LFG tool. That’s because it doesn’t need to be. WoW’s content is all either solo, 5-man, 10-man, or 20-man. Thus there is FUNCTIONALLY no need for an old-fashioned LFG tool.

I mean, I don’t know how long you’ve played MMOs. I’ve played since 1999, as I said. LFG tools were important back in the days of “camping” a spawn of mobs, or working your way through a dungeon (which wasn’t instanced or balanced for a specific group size). As MMOs have moved away from that, the utility and necessity of them has become less, certainly outside of forming dungeon groups.

As for the DDO tool, well, it was fairly meh at release, I assume it improved? As I recall, though, DDO has a 100% different structure to GW2, and indeed one similar to GW1, wherein you are either in a town or in an instanced adventure area. Effectively it was very similar to early versions of WoW LFD, when I played – you were looking for a group for an instance.

So what is it you require from LFG for GW2?

Posted by: Ghanto.9784

Ghanto.9784

Actually I don’t know of a single game that had a lfg system at launch… They mostly add them later.

I’m pretty sure DAoC had one from the get-go, and that was well more than a decade ago, before WoW. So it’s not like writing the code for it is new, cutting-edge stuff. I just think it’s one of those things AN skimped on to get the game launched when they did, and now they’re finding it much harder to add in after the fact. There’s a lot of basic functions and commands missing in this game that a lot of people take for granted these days, things that don’t necessarily make or break the game, but are just, well, let’s say “curious omissions”.

Spawn.7014

didn’t RIFT came with one?

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Anyone who comes in here to tell me to use an external website to mimic a function that’s integral to the game can save their time and not post. Guild Wars 1 and every other MMO which utilised a party system had an LFG working on launch day.

So ArenaNET, why no LFG?

It’s actually not as easy as you think to integrate it into the game.

Also, since there is already an external website for this this is basically a problem with a workaround and probably not too high on ANET’s priority list.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

The argument that WoW did not have it for years after launch is not a very strong one. If the world worked that way, we would have very little progress.

An analogy: imagine if cell phones worked that way. Well iPhone took 6 years to get LTE. That means that any newcomer should wait that long before LTE, right? Wrong. They need to have LTE at launch in order to remain competitive. If not at launch, they need it shortly thereafter. If they wait 6 years, then they are 6 years too late. PS: LTE, for those that are unaware, is 4G data speeds up to theoretical 100 Mbps.

My point is, to remain competitive in the market, Guild Wars 2 should have the base features present in other MMO’s. This includes, but is not limited to, a LFG tool.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

didn’t RIFT came with one?

Nope, Rift didn’t come with one. I was very active in Rift and on the Rift forums during launch and for months after. People on the forums were madly asking for an LFG tool or a dungeon finder, neither of which existed in game. It took months for them to get it out, and it wasn’t cross server at first either. Not sure if it is now, since I stopped following the game.

Azjenco.9425

Thus there is FUNCTIONALLY no need for an old-fashioned LFG tool.

I mean, I don’t know how long you’ve played MMOs. I’ve played since 1999, as I said. LFG tools were important back in the days of “camping” a spawn of mobs, or working your way through a dungeon (which wasn’t instanced or balanced for a specific group size). As MMOs have moved away from that, the utility and necessity of them has become less, certainly outside of forming dungeon groups.

So what is it you require from LFG for GW2?

What? Your post doesn’t make any sense. I’m glad you’ve been playing MMOs since forever, but these days MMOs come with LFG tools. Saying MMOs have evolved beyond them is nonsensical. You claim they were good back in the days of camping, but by today’s standards we have evolved beyond that point…
As far as I can see it’s primarily used to form dungeon groups. And MMOs certainly haven’t moved away from that.

So why does GW2 require an LFG tool? Well, I don’t know. Let’s ask the players calling out in map chat in front of dungeons. Let’s ask the players spamming the LA chat. Let’s ask the guys who saw it fit to dedicate an entire site to forming groups and the players using it.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Slaa.7561

Slaa.7561

I think it would be awesome if we had a dungeon finder or even a fractal finder where it matched you with people of even level for fractals.

agony resistance is what we need to find fractal players now. you can be fractal level 1, but if you have been fed agony resistance rings etc from your main you can play with others in level 30’s

to talk about LFG tool. only possible negative i could see from it is less going on in map chat, or less need for people to reach out to others. no need to talk just queue up. but at this point map chat is useless, everyone uses the website now. so the community is ready, put it in.

(edited by Slaa.7561)

Posted by: Osolo.7408

Osolo.7408

I honestly love the LFG website and I don’t really feel that we are suffering from a lack of an in-game dungeon finder.

So you think it’s completely fine for a AAA game launch to be lacking core features that some other guy had to make a website for?

Since when is a “Looking for Group Que” a core feature. I have only played 1 other game with this so called “core feature”… and I really don’t care for it either way.

gw2lfg.com is awesome. It allows me the opportunity to pick the style of group I want and maybe filter out a player to 2 based simply on the fact that they want to run past something… or want to do a speed run… or maybe I don’t like their name… Personally I think the gw2lfg.com website is revolutionary in that sense. I can request the exact run and playstyle I want for my group… Its genuis and hope other games adopt something similar.

Slaa.7561

its a feature that has been adopted by other games. lets not take a step backward when making a game. forcing players alt-tab and use 3rd party, or websites to PLAY the game i would think embarrassing for a company to admit.

if your comment back is you don’t need the website to “play” the game… you find a group through map chat. i certainly won’t

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I think it would be awesome if we had a dungeon finder or even a fractal finder where it matched you with people of even level for fractals.

agony resistance is what we need to find fractal players now. you can be fractal level 1, but if you have been fed agony resistance rings etc from your main you can play with others in level 30’s

to talk about LFG tool. only possible negative i could see from it is less going on in map chat, or less need for people to reach out to others. no need to talk just queue up. but at this point map chat is useless, everyone uses the website now. so the community is ready, put it in.

Actually this is why I’d want a LFG tool but one simmilar to the way WoW worked around TBC… basically just like the website works now but without having to alt-tab.

The way it worked was that on each dungeon you could see two tabs, one listed groups forming and they could put a comment (speed run / doing several runs / doing story mode first / doing path X), the other a list of people looking for groups, who could also put a comment (first time doing it / want to do path X / mainly DPS build, etc), but with no auto group forming, instead if you wanted to invite someone, you usually had to ask them first if they wanted to join your group, or if you wanted to join you would ask the group leader for an invite.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

I honestly love the LFG website and I don’t really feel that we are suffering from a lack of an in-game dungeon finder.

So you think it’s completely fine for a AAA game launch to be lacking core features that some other guy had to make a website for?

Since when is a “Looking for Group Que” a core feature. I have only played 1 other game with this so called “core feature”… and I really don’t care for it either way.

Do you play entirely single player? XD

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

Posted by: Osolo.7408

Osolo.7408

Do you play entirely single player? XD

Nope, Ran 4 dungeons is 4 hours last night… with 1 guildie on 1 run. other 3 were all pugs.

Posted by: Durand.5369

Durand.5369

Lord of the Rings Online has a really good LFG tool and in game voice chat. It allows you to select existing quest and add comments for LFG. In game chat has an icon to show if you have voice enabled.

I was honestly surprised that GW2 didn’t have either and came to the forums wondering if there was some odd setting or setup that I was unable to find in game.

Durrand
Gates of Madness – Black Dragon Legion

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

For general pve you dont really need one

General PVE is so easy you don’t even need other players.

For Story Modes you do.
How many times I need to beg help arround to do a story mode… —’
REALLY.

I thought we needed a group to complete the personal stories.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

All they really need to do is add the code that makes gw2lfg.com work into the game and they’re set. That site is perfect, this game has no need of a ‘dungeon finder’ a la WOW.

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

What happens if the people who rent the gw2lfg.com website stop paying for it and it closes? This is out of ANets control thus it should be at least funded and controlled by ANet. But I still can’t work out how to use the website, it confuses me… :|

Slaa.7561

or god forbid someone hacks it. boom 90% of accounts hacked in 1 day.
maybe i shouldn’t have wrote that.

Shimond.2478

What happens if the people who rent the gw2lfg.com website stop paying for it and it closes? This is out of ANets control thus it should be at least funded and controlled by ANet. But I still can’t work out how to use the website, it confuses me… :|

I hope you’re joking, it’s ridiculously intuitive. You either advertise yourself as looking for something, or use the filters to find what other people are advertising. Simple.

If you can use the trading post you can use this site.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

For Story Modes you do.
REALLY.

Don’t we? There are stories mode that we have 2 options:
- Call for help.
- Wait till higher levels to do it easier.

:)

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

StormageddonBK.9842

I hope you’re joking, it’s ridiculously intuitive. You either advertise yourself as looking for something, or use the filters to find what other people are advertising. Simple.

If you can use the trading post you can use this site.

Yes, finding someone on the website who wants to do something is easy but then what? How do I find the person in the game? Every time I do a search for the name so I can whisper in GW2 I get the message ‘player not found’ (can’t remember the words).

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

This should be in the product. That’s all there is to it.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

I really wish people would quit calling GW1 a MMO. A cooperative rpg with a lobby isn’t a MMO.

Shimond.2478

For Story Modes you do.
REALLY.

- Call for help.

Completing personal story REQUIRES a group. There is no ‘wait til higher level’ for Arah.

StormageddonBK.9842

For Story Modes you do.
REALLY.

- Call for help.

Completing personal story REQUIRES a group. There is no ‘wait til higher level’ for Arah.

^ This.

I helped someone with theirs once but I can’t get anyone to help me with mine so I quit the personal story at the end. The reward isn’t worth it anyway, should be epic but it may as well be a standard DE reward.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Hey OP, can you list all the AAA MMOs that had an LFG at launch. Cause I’m having trouble thinking of any.

How about you provide us with a list of the AAA MMOs released in the last 18 months that did not include one six months after release, much more relevant.

I can still see how there are major bugs that could be related to why this has not been rolled out yet… but it is very needed.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

For Story Modes you do.
REALLY.

- Call for help.

^ This.

I helped someone with theirs once but I can’t get anyone to help me with mine so I quit the personal story at the end. The reward isn’t worth it anyway, should be epic but it may as well be a standard DE reward.

If you cannot find four people for one run, even without a decent LFG tool, the game cannot be held to blame – there has to be something else involved, did you at least shout out for a PUG?

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I wouldn’t call it apathy. On the developers part, perhaps, but from the fan base there’s been a few threads like this since launch. From there the people have always been divided. It use to be between the “we want it” and the “just spam LA” crowds. Now it’s between the “we still want it” and the “just use GW2lfg” crowds. But with a reoccurring trend where people ask for it, I wouldn’t call that apathy.

As for the GW2lfg, it’s not a good placeholder, in my opinion.
From the times I’ve put my name down, less than a third of the time I’ve received an invite. And alt-tabbing to and fro, while copy-pasting names and typing “hey, you still have space left”, is far from efficient. Most of the times I get “sorry, all full”, or no replies. I think a lot of people just leave their requests there and ignore it, even when they get a group. During peak times I’ve also had the site freeze, and sometimes the lists wont update correctly.

No, it’s not an efficient work around. For me the LFG tool cannot come soon enough.

You’re using it completely wrong.

First of all, you just invite yourself. You don’t need to copy/paste the name into whisper and ask if you could join. Chances are by the time you finish doing that, the group will probably already be full.

Secondly, asking for an invite doesn’t really help. This is the case for almost all scenarios as no one really bothers to check their LFG post unless they need to update it. Next, people who want to run stuff typically don’t ask for an invite, they just invite themselves into parties. You either make yourself a party where someone else can join you, or you join someone else’s party. It’s a one way system here.

Thirdly, I haven’t ever had the experiences you had with gw2lfg. It’s always been extremely quick, convenient, and efficient. This is for all dungeons and I typically get a full group in under 5 minutes.

Lastly, yes the feature is needed in game. Most of the population agrees. However, most of the population doesn’t care about when an LFG tool is embedded in game because the workaround is already so easy to use, and especially when most people see that there are far bigger issues to be handled.

(edited by Heijincks.9267)

StormageddonBK.9842

For Story Modes you do.
REALLY.

- Call for help.

^ This.

If you cannot find four people for one run, even without a decent LFG tool, the game cannot be held to blame – there has to be something else involved, did you at least shout out for a PUG?

Yes, I can should all day and the only location I get into groups is COF. Arah and FOTM especially are devoid of people wanting pugs.

Posted by: Murderin.8269

Murderin.8269

I think we should have a LFG. I haven’t done a single dungeon because its so difficult to find groups that aren’t picky about every item you have and your build.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Actually I don’t know of a single game that had a lfg system at launch… They mostly add them later.

And there is no need, your blind rage and hatred for the efficient, effective, simple, and convenient lfg tool available doesn’t make it any less of those things.

The automobile windshield wiper was a needed feature on cars. Now it comes standard on all modern cars. I can’t remember the last time I saw an automobile manufacturer say “This new model doesn’t have windshield wipers, but take this rag and hold it out the window and wipe it off when it rains. We’ll design the wipers at some point in the future and install them then”.

If this seems ok to you as a consumer, I’d like to build and sell you your next house.

Because it works. They didn’t even have official forums for ages because it was provided by the community, you don’t need to make redundant things.

This leaves me speechless…..

Lots of people can afford cars. Lets look at Aircraft shall we. When buying an aircraft you buy the body not the engines. Engines are not included on the aircraft when you buy them. I hope you realized that part. Going back to your car idea, the manufacture of the car does not make the windshield wipers for the car. They buy them from somewhere else. Also, the manufacture is also not the same person who sells you the car.

In the context of this game gw2lfg.com is the windshield wipers, Anet is the manufacture and NCsoft is the dealer. Anet is not responsible for the LFG tool based on your example due to the manufacture not the one who makes windshield wipers making NCsoft the one who should have included it.

I just logically broke down your entire example and determined it does not work in this situation. What would have been a better example is an AC in a car. Cause it is the responsibility of the manufacture and they were responsible for giving a faulty AC. Without the AC the car still works but it is annoying that it doesn’t work when you need it.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Azjenco.9425

You’re using it completely wrong.

Hmmm, it would appear so. I will take your advice and see how it goes.

That said, I’m very excited to see what ANet has in store for us when they do release their LFG tool. I think they learned a lot from the site, and I believe they’ll add a lot more features that will make grouping in the game easier than ever before.

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

The irony here is that :

You dont get major fixes because ’ they take time ’ .

You dont get minor fixes because ’ they are low on priority list’ .

What you get thou is..

New back packs.

Yes,cause they are sure at the top of priority list now and game would come crashing from sky without new backpack every week.

Oh you fanny fanny Anet.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.