Why we hear nothing but Silence from ANet?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Hello there.

One thing that is certainly causing many discussions about “how awful our community is” is when people give “tsunamis” of feedback, questions and reports about several things and since the patch, one incredible silence involved all ArenaNet team, if they reply threads is to warn the thread may be blocked or actually block/merge the thread.

Why so much silence? Why don’t make community know you are aware of certain issues and working on them? Or discuss alternatives with the community of points you’re open to make changes?

I think things several times scale to the points moderators need to step in due abuses, people feel they are not heard, that specific groups of players are with problems with the patch and they try to report or ask to something to be done about it and it’s just… silence, like they are not even reading.

Why don’t ANet does a simply reply on a thread just saying something like: “We know there is some issues with guild missions after the patch and we’re are working to fix them.”? (just one example)
Not only that, try to ask for constructive feedback about the things that need changes, the mega-threads can’t address specific issues.

I honestly believe when it comes to create one Healthy Community, that is a process that takes several years, the team that is behind interact with the community on this forums is not taking steps to make that happen.

Sorry my English.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

If they did say ‘we are aware of the issues and are looking into it’, do you honestly believe that people would stop posting / whining about the same thing on a daily basis?

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Max Lexandre.6279

If they did say ‘we are aware of the issues and are looking into it’, do you honestly believe that people would stop posting / whining about the same thing on a daily basis?

Give people one confirmation the team is aware and working to solve the problem is a step, will not fix the rage we see, but they can’t say we’re being simply ignored by the development team on our feedback. It can calm nerves down, something that is recently “up-scaling” on the forums.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No.

But what if they said “We’re open to ideas, but parts A, B, and C are not going to be open to change. What can we do to parts D and E to make this work better?”, they might get more useful feedback.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Why don’t ANet does a simply reply on a thread just saying something like: _"We know there is some issues with guild missions after the patch and we’re are working to fix them."

…and you’d be happy with that?
Personally, if some cop-out answer was all there was on offer, i’d prefer they continued to say nothing at all – at least there’s no disappointment there.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

People will moan regardless of what Anet says or does. Virtually all MMOs have their army of career complainers.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

devs not posting towards certain subjects causes them to get in trouble from the higher-ups. it would indeed be great if they were more vocal about these certain topics, they will likely read them though not respond. just look at the awesome dev that was in charge of SAB. it was amazing that he answered questions, told us a few things to try out, and helpful hints during the event. he went out of his way to communicate with the community and he got in trouble for it. ~ maybe it’s not that they don’t want to respond back to us about certain things, it’s just that they can’t.

~ he also said that before they respond to us, they actually have to read or let know a certain someone before posting. they have to approve what they respond to, it’s quite sad since it would be great to have open communications with them.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

(edited by Klonex.4562)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Give people one confirmation the team is aware and working to solve the problem is a step, will not fix the rage we see, but they can’t say we’re being simply ignored by the development team on our feedback. It can calm nerves down, something that is recently “up-scaling” on the forums.

Except it won’t, and it’s been proven.

Look at precursor crafting.

Right at the beginning, people were asking for a sure-fire way to get them. Time and time again they said that they had something in the conceptual stage, but not being actively worked on. People still, month after month asked when it would be implemented.

Then in the 2013 blog post. Despite the post saying that nothing was written in stone, and players being let know that it wouldn’t make it in before 2013 was over, and what happened? The forum erupted with cries of ‘broken promises’.

The fact is, people won’t be happy with ‘we are looking into it’. They say that, and people will still on a daily basis ask ‘what are you doing about x problem?’

No.

But what if they said “We’re open to ideas, but parts A, B, and C are not going to be open to change. What can we do to parts D and E to make this work better?”, they might get more useful feedback.

I suppose more focused questions could help.

I still can’t see a lot of people being happy being told ‘A, B and C isn’t subject to change’ though. That would be met with the same cries of ANet sucks / they don’t know what they’re doing / they don’t listen to the community ect ect that we have now.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

People will moan regardless of what Anet says or does. Virtually all MMOs have their army of career complainers.

And their army of white knights.

Some of these issues really do need to be addressed.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

As it has been said here already… Anet can’t say or do /anything/ without people throwing a tantrum here on the forums.
Doomsayers and over-entitled whiners will continue to scream regardless, and they will make complaint thread after complaint thread in an attempt to make any perceived ‘issue’ seem a lot bigger then what it really is.

And always, a jab at the people who, for their own reasons, enjoy the game…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

(edited by ShinjoNaomi.1896)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Players complain when Anet says nothing.
Players complain when Anet says something.
Players complain when Anet does anything.

There’s an easy to see pattern.

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

just look at awesome dev that was in charge of SAB. it was amazing that he answered questions, told us a few things to try out, and helpful hints during the event. he went out of his way to communicate with the community and he got in trouble for it.

I just want to reiterate this. Josh’s posts during SAB Season 2 were some of the most useful, friendly, interesting, helpful, insightful, and meaningful comments/dev interaction to date. CDIs included.

Then to later hear he was admonished for this and then a new company policy that “all comments must be approved before posting” was instituted showed a huge level of tone deafness with the ANet/NCSoft leadership.

If there was more frequent and “down to earth” communication, most folks wouldn’t hang on every word like they do now.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Probably because they sunk a great deal of time (and/or money) into the new patch that is just irritating a lot of us.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

The patch has been out a week. During this time, lots of posting and commentary, which I assume they are reading, digesting, and thinking about. Additionally, I am sure they are looking at game play data to identify patterns and issues that surface there. I would hope to see some tweaking over the next month or two but I am not that concerned that I don’t see a lot of forum comment by the devs.

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

As it has been said here already… Anet can’t say or do /anything/ without people throwing a tantrum here on the forums.
Doomsayers and over-entitled whiners will continue to scream regardless, and they will make complaint thread after complaint thread in an attempt to make any perceived ‘issue’ seem a lot bigger then what it really is.

Two things. One, not every person who makes a thread that is a complaint or an issue with the game is over-entitled. In fact, no one on here is “over-entitled”. If you play GW2, you paid for the game and invested the most valuable resource a human being has, time. That investment plus the money for the game helped build GW2 into what it is today. Without that NCSoft and Anet doesn’t exist.

While some arguments are overdone and some people take it far, in a message board that is meant for discussion, these topics are valid. Just because you disagree with them and think Anet doesn’t deserve to get flack for it, doesn’t mean the people who complain are entitled.

If players never complained about what they didn’t like, most developers would never have a good idea of what gamers want since gamers are nearly unable to speak with their wallet, which is the main way most companies figure out what consumers want. Gamers are addicts in a sense that most gamers will buy nearly anything at first, therefore thats not an accurate gauge of what they may like for future content (obviously there are plenty of casual gamers that do not fit that description).

And seeing lots and lots of topics don’t make an issue seem “bigger” than what it is. It makes it a big issue.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

I think they timed the release poorly. so close to Easter and all. Did they think people would be too busy being on vacation and not playing the game?

But yeah, not sure if ANet or NCsoft is responsible for the lack of feedback (I suspect it is the latter) but it is definitely not helping.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

They have asked for feedback, but it seems to be a one-way street. There are far too many people on the forums that are intent on dismissing others as white-knights or over-entitled whiners in order to make their own positions seem stronger. If someone enjoys something then let them it’s not your job to stop them, if they want to complain then let them it’s not your job to stop them.

Some people are having serious issues because of the features implemented in the patch. ArenaNet’s refusal to comment on those issues makes some of them feel as if they’re being ignored.

If ArenaNet were to open a frank exchange then most people would accept what comes of that (looking at Josh and John Smith’s contributions here). Saying nothing does nothing except further disenfranchise your customers.

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

As long as Anet dont say anything, not even a “give it a week or two”, we must assume megaserver is working as intended. This is how its gonna be.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

If ArenaNet were to open a frank exchange then most people would accept what comes of that (looking at Josh and John Smith’s contributions here). Saying nothing does nothing except further disenfranchise your customers.

Saying nothing also keeps their ability and willingness to actually work for a game intact. What would you prefer? A higher turnover rate of staff because every time they make posts it’s a bunch of “kitten YOU ANET, YOU kitten UP MY GAME AND NOW I CANT kitten PLAY HOW I kitten WANT TO PLAY THE kitten GAME!!!!!!!1!!11oneeleven”? I dont know about you, but if I had to deal with that on an hourly basis, it would not belong before I told Anet “go kitten yourself, I’m not dealing with a bunch of whining brats all day everyday.”

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

They have asked for feedback, but it seems to be a one-way street. There are far too many people on the forums that are intent on dismissing others as white-knights or over-entitled whiners in order to make their own positions seem stronger. If someone enjoys something then let them it’s not your job to stop them, if they want to complain then let them it’s not your job to stop them.

Some people are having serious issues because of the features implemented in the patch. ArenaNet’s refusal to comment on those issues makes some of them feel as if they’re being ignored.

Its partly the players’ fault for ignoring being told that its the holidays in almost every single thread. ANet does not have to make official annoouncements when they take time off, but given that almost every single company takes time off on the holidays, its extremely likely that they have also done so.

But no matter how many people have repeatedly posted this, five minutes later you get another conspiracy theory thread “they don’t reply on purpose!!!!!!”, which only ensures that nothing on this forum ever does get read when they actually get around to having to free time to read it and take it all in.

Its like someone said in another thread: “ANet” is being used as a curse word now. So how do people realistically expect them to actually read this stuff.

I have never seen the community this toxic towards them before. Not only that, this may be the most toxic I have ever seen the community towards each other, since this patch brought people who normally do not post on the forums into the forums and this creates alot of conflict with others who do not share their ideals.

Personally, I would not bother reading any of this.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Posted by: Sekhmet.6153

Sekhmet.6153

Saying nothing also keeps their ability and willingness to actually work for a game intact. What would you prefer? A higher turnover rate of staff because every time they make posts it’s a bunch of “kitten YOU ANET, YOU kitten UP MY GAME AND NOW I CANT kitten PLAY HOW I kitten WANT TO PLAY THE kitten GAME!!!!!!!1!!11oneeleven”? I dont know about you, but if I had to deal with that on an hourly basis, it would not belong before I told Anet “go kitten yourself, I’m not dealing with a bunch of whining brats all day everyday.”

I’m pretty sure a large part of the world is paid to work everyday dealing with “whining brats”. Thats what retail is, as well as much of the service industry.

Plus, they don’t have to do any physical labor. I would love to get paid to read people complain, beats having to listen to them do so in person or over the phone, or do actual labor.

I’m sure the staff can handle a lot of people being upset.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

There’s virtually no question that the reason the forums here are so toxic is largely due to Anet’s failure to remain consistently active on them in addition to their failure to have so much as a public test realm. CDI topics are all fine and dandy, but the occasional megathread alone is not enough – they have to be willing to show up in random threads and interact with with a variety of players on a variety of smaller scale issues. They, frankly, do not do that on anywhere near an adequate level, and the community as a result has grown more and more toxic.

Another major contributor is their bad habit of ‘staying on track’ with things that obviously aren’t working for extended periods of time, while completely failing to properly iterate the game. I’m thankful for the last patch, but it should have all been done gradually over the last year instead of all at once in one giant patch that has a lot of issues. I would actually argue the hyper-focus on the LW has had a mostly negative impact on the state of the game and the community. Everyone with a brain new it was a mistake right when it was announced or shortly after, but it kept going as it was for over a year, while the game’s world and systems grew stale with unprecedented rapidity.

You can blame the players all you want, but player attitude is just an outgrowth of a flailing system, a system which Anet is in charge of. See the board for Marvel Heroes, which is like a forum utopia compared to this place – it’s entirely because Gaz is very interactive with players and very proactive with feedback and concerns.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Two things. One, not every person who makes a thread that is a complaint or an issue with the game is over-entitled. In fact, no one on here is “over-entitled”. If you play GW2, you paid for the game and invested the most valuable resource a human being has, time. That investment plus the money for the game helped build GW2 into what it is today. Without that NCSoft and Anet doesn’t exist.

Did I say everyone? No. There are legitimate problems with this game. By all means, bring them up. Don’t be vitriolic about it.
‘Over-entitled’ comes into play when people think their opinion trumps any and everyone elses.
Yes, people paid for this game, just like everyone else that bought it. That doesn’t give people the right to act like jerks either.

While some arguments are overdone and some people take it far, in a message board that is meant for discussion, these topics are valid. Just because you disagree with them and think Anet doesn’t deserve to get flack for it, doesn’t mean the people who complain are entitled.

If players never complained about what they didn’t like, most developers would never have a good idea of what gamers want since gamers are nearly unable to speak with their wallet, which is the main way most companies figure out what consumers want. Gamers are addicts in a sense that most gamers will buy nearly anything at first, therefore thats not an accurate gauge of what they may like for future content (obviously there are plenty of casual gamers that do not fit that description).

See what I said above. Constructive criticism should be encouraged. All I have seen on these forums recently is hardly constructive at all.

And seeing lots and lots of topics don’t make an issue seem “bigger” than what it is. It makes it a big issue.

When one studies social media for any amount of time, they tend to see patterns in things when a certain group of people want to make an issue of something, regardless of what that something is… Plaster it as obnoxiously as possible wherever and whenever possible, thus inflating an ‘issue’ into something far bigger then it might really be. (The news media does it all the time. This is similar, if on a smaller scale…)
What happens here in these forums mirrors that too much from my perspective.

Some might see that as rather conspiratorial, and will say that I should just put on a tinfoil hat, but really, after a while you have to admit if a different agenda isn’t at play here aside from just ‘customer satisfaction’.

But, enough derailing the thread…
/muteself

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Max Lexandre.6279

Heya Aidan, one thing we must be aware is when it comes to separate bad feedback from good feedback, Developer > Community interaction was never bad, but they can’t listen to rage with no arguments. This forum do include and after the patch really constructive threads with their feedback that got merged with mega-threads of rage.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

What can be said? This cesspool is ‘working as intended’. Everything is supposed to be overcrowded and as difficult as your average bowel movement.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Can you actually hear silence?
Just a thought…

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I’m more concerned about their Support team and ticketing system right now. In both instances where I had to contact them, I give a full description of my problem in detail in the initial report (with all the information they requested in the correct spaces) and they are going to the right division. When I hear back, it’s them asking what I already gave them. What do these people see exactly on their end? Because clearly, they need to change something.

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Indeed, all things point to anet doing everything wrong!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

No it does not, in fact it then adds to the ammo people will use, citing “broken promises”.

Even if Anet had the most amazing, borderline godly dev team they would never win.

Max Lexandre.6279

No it does not, in fact it then adds to the ammo people will use, citing “broken promises”.

Even if Anet had the most amazing, borderline godly dev team they would never win.

It’s not a question of “win”, it’s just get involved with your community, there will always be rage and whining, but as said one Healthy community takes years to create, and both sides must take steps into that approach.
As we don’t want certainly to use the word “ANet” for the sake of cursing, but yes to refer to the amazing studio that delivered us this MMO.

Asura thing.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I just like to say something very important; in order to speak you must first listen. Now Anet spoke with this update and are currently listening to all feedback. This is what good companies do, they listen to their consumers and adjust accordingly. So please keep this in mind.
Edit for auto correct

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

That’s actually not true, as can be seen on some other game boards. There have been a lot of missteps, and it would take a lot of effort over an extended period of time on Anet’s part to tame the beast at this point, but make no mistake – the toxicity of the community primarily sits on Anet’s shoulders for very lackluster interaction and response to feedback.

In a nutshell, the collective mood of the community is part of a system that Anet is in charge of. Blaming the player base is akin to blaming poor people for being poor when in reality the causes are usually systemic.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

They generally do post more often in other mediums like twitter and reddit however with the beginning of the CDIs I think we’ll hear more from them more often if not solely in those posts.

Once this patch is done and relatively bug free I’m sure they will open up more CDIs if not one than more than one on multiple aspects of the game and how to improve them.

I do agree with some here however that they should never have put the suggestions folder on the backburner because much of what we’re saying now has already been said for two years now.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: delta.2568

delta.2568

I will point out one important fact: ARENANET is not the worst among others, video game makers they are called or something like that.

Fast & Furious industry which has nowadays² the tendency to abuse their customers. No need to refresh your gaming memory. Mony give me your mony is their anthem.

²Long time gone the video games golden age…

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

No, not the people who regularly whine/complain about everything. :P

But for people who have come out of the woodwork to try and give constructive feedback, or all the lurkers who are reading this but not bothering to add duplicate thoughts that have already been expressed, it would be a nice gesture.

As far as the “on vacation” thing goes…. I have a small issue with this being a valid reason for silence. I manage a 30+ person team, and honestly in management you are never truly “on vacation.” Of course certain types of employees (union, hourly, government, etc.) have rules about when you can work, and sometimes you legitimately are not allowed to perform work activities, but ArenaNet must have a few staff available for emergencies. What if there was an issue with authentication and no one could log in? Would it really not be fixed for a week because everyone was “on vacation?” If it were my company, and I had a ton of people being very vocal about a major update while a major competitor recently launched an offering (ESO), I would get someone to respond. Of course, if it were my company I wouldn’t let my whole team go on vacation right after a major update around a holiday weekend, but that’s just me.

What I think, though is that “everyone” isn’t on vacation. Look at the Dev Tracker…. there are some responses being made. Just no one is talking about the big questions. It bums me out that it seems like ANet employees are being made to work overtime on gem refunds for town clothes skins. Everyone is losing in that scenario. ANet is losing money (both in future gem sales and wasted employee time), customers are losing functionality, and the community is losing faith in responsiveness to big issues. I bet the staff working on those would rather be addressing the other questions, too, and working on game improvements instead of dealing with a mountain of refund tickets. I absolutely applaud and thank them for their efforts…it’s the higher level decision-making here that I question.

I think even a “we really appreciate your feedback on this, keep it coming, this was a big change for GW2” type of response in the busy topics, so that the community can feel like their comments are being read, would be nice. Is the community “entitled” to get one? No, of course not. Is it an easy way to show you care and gain goodwill with some of your client base? In my opinion, yes. I absolutely can see how the extremely negative, volatile complaining might make some staff feel like people are not appreciative of the update, but there are people out there asking nicely and being encouraging too.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

They already said in the various feedback threads for this last patch they read the feedback and are checking into them and taking them into consideration. That is all they need to say.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well, i think the fact that Anet opened dedicated feedback topics for specific parts of the feature patch is a clear sign that they are aware of our feedback, as long as you post in the right place and dont open a new one for something that already exists.
Its been a week since the patch is out and that week involved the easter weekend, so people probably didnt spend as much time as usual in the office.
I think its good that Anet actually waits a bit to collect enough feedback before deciding to react on it.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I think its good that Anet actually waits a bit to collect enough feedback before deciding to react on it.

Yes, they’ve collected dozens of threads, hundreds of pages and thousands of posts with feedback, and they decided to continue rolling Megaserver onto all maps, without as much as an official announcement of this change. Color me impressed they’re collecting all this feedback.

eisberg.2379

Yes, they’ve collected dozens of threads, hundreds of pages and thousands of posts with feedback, and they decided to continue rolling Megaserver onto all maps, without as much as an official announcement of this change. Color me impressed they’re collecting all this feedback.

What? they already said they would be rolling out the Mega Server to other zones as they continue to monitor things, they said this before the Mega Server was even rolled out, and eventually the MegaServer will in all zones.

Posted by: Hystery.8415

Hystery.8415

What? they already said they would be rolling out the Mega Server to other zones as they continue to monitor things, they said this before the Mega Server was even rolled out, and eventually the MegaServer will in all zones.

They may have said that, but they also said it would be a slow process. Not something rushed in a few days. That, coupled with the fact the megaserver is just completely broken, makes the whole thing look like they just tossed it without really knowing how to make it work, and hoping it would fix itself.

Bad guess.

Piken Square RPer ~ Growl Bladeskin (Charr, Zerk Warrior 80) |
Aelius Brightmane (Charr, Zerk Grenade Engineer, 80) |
Tilaw Stainsoul (Charr, Zerk Staff Elementalist, 80) | Evi Shadowstep (Charr, Zerk Ranger 80) |

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

you’ll get nothing but support tickets and forum pruning until China release…..with a bit of dev softballs like personal story questions and clipping issues.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The purpose of the Megaserver was two fold.

1) Increase the number of players in normally empty zones.
2) Possibly reduce the server costs by making every zone instance as full as possible.

Yes, certain farming strategies go right out the window. However I can announce “Giant’s up” and actually have players show up to fight it along side of me, so that’s a plus.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I can see you’re confused, though I really can’t see why. They said 1-15 zones. Then feedback collecting. The initial feature patch rolled out at midnight EU time. By next morning half the maps were on megaserver. Less than 12h later. I can’t imagine they got a lot of feedback from the EU playerbase in that timeframe to encourage rolling out on half the maps in-game besides the initial 1-15. Then a week later, last night, all maps are Megaserver, with all the feedback posted in all these threads. And the official list isn’t yet updated to reflect the real state of the game https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

They rolled out the megaserver system in the course of a few days over all the pve maps, instead of rolling them out at a slower pace and studying the systems reaction on low pop maps, world boss encounters, etc and tweaking accordingly. Personally i highly dislike being a guinea pig for the systems they develop for their chinese release and having my open world pve experience so negatively affected.

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

Anet always responds, and it’s only been 7 days since the patch, you honestly think they won’t respond at all?

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe they need to gather enough feedback/data/etc to give us a proper answer? Or I guess you just want a “yes we know about it” answer that really doesn’t tell us anything.

It’s also the holidays, so let them gather themselves a little here, and go do something else instead of refreshing the page to see if a dev has responded yet.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Anet always responds, and it’s only been 7 days since the patch, you honestly think they won’t respond at all?

Have you ever stopped to think that maybe they need to gather enough feedback/data/etc to give us a proper answer? Or I guess you just want a “yes we know about it” answer that really doesn’t tell us anything.

It’s also the holidays, so let them gather themselves a little here, and go do something else instead of refreshing the page to see if a dev has responded yet.

You don’ t release such a game changing system and then you go on holiday and barely leave any form of support or backup. This is quite the bad business practice if i ever heard one.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

The purpose of the Megaserver was two fold.

1) Increase the number of players in normally empty zones.
2) Possibly reduce the server costs by making every zone instance as full as possible.

Yes, certain farming strategies go right out the window. However I can announce “Giant’s up” and actually have players show up to fight it along side of me, so that’s a plus.

agree to a point…..its overall, a positive for me……since i’m a NA player on a EU server. i play after work and now can do most events (that are up) no problem.

but when i do play during peak times, its awful. 100+ players doing world events is the opposite of fun. i do miss the 3-man Maw, Wurm, or Fire Elemental groups.

Guilds being separated during missions is a really issue. the megaserver is not doing all it promised, with respect to putting you with the people you want to play with. that needs improved ASAP.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I can see you’re confused, though I really can’t see why. They said 1-15 zones. Then feedback collecting. The initial feature patch rolled out at midnight EU time. By next morning half the maps were on megaserver. Less than 12h later. I can’t imagine they got a lot of feedback from the EU playerbase in that timeframe to encourage rolling out on half the maps in-game besides the initial 1-15. Then a week later, last night, all maps are Megaserver, with all the feedback posted in all these threads. And the official list isn’t yet updated to reflect the real state of the game https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Megaserver-Rollout-Update/

Actually they changed it to empty zones first and by feedback they meant horrible technical issues with the game breaking for players in that zone. The only thing that would have stopped the Megaserver was failure of the tech to work right. They did fix the language issue over on the EU server cluster and that was legitimate feedback.

They already heard all the complaints about the changes to waypoints and boss schedules when they first announced it. Heck they probably knew exactly what complaints would be generated so the feedback they were looking for was about things they didn’t foresee, like the language issue.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

eisberg.2379

They later on changed their mind and posted about it. At first it was 1-15, then not to long before April 15th they posted they decided to start with the more empty zones instead