Will PVE culling be fixed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Will the PVE culling be fixed on the upcoming update? I have heard it would, but later it was rejected or something?

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It has merely been postponed for further testing, I believe.

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

Don’t expect it this patch. This patch is supposedly intending on fixing bugs and balance issues.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Don’t expect it this patch. This patch is supposedly intending on fixing bugs and balance issues.

And you don’t think culling is the biggest bug in the game?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: BobJoeXXI.2493

BobJoeXXI.2493

It’s not what I think – it’s what ANet thinks. When they fixed it in WvW, they said they had no intention of fixing it in PvE in the near future.

Apicharr Science [ASci] – Maguuma
80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Warrior, 80 Mesmer, 80 Engineer.

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

They should at least start with the towns and the big boss battles, cause its just horrible to see ppl fade away if u step 1 meter on higher ground.

In lower populated area’s its not really needed atm.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Posted by: jameskelly.6310

jameskelly.6310

They should at least start with the towns and the big boss battles

Couldn’t agree more! Nothing makes an “epic battle” feel less epic than not seeing 9/10 of the people fighting along side you. Also it’s sad to to be in a bustling city that appears to be deserted beyond a 15 foot radius.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s not what I think – it’s what ANet thinks. When they fixed it in WvW, they said they had no intention of fixing it in PvE in the near future.

This isn’t what they said at all. They said that they’re working of fixing it, but PVe is harder to work on than WvW and once they fix one they’ll be working on the fix for the other. They said nothing about having no intentions of fixing it.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is not a bug, it’s a feature! No really … it is working as intended and doing whakitten was meant to. That is not something that would be considered a bug. Culling is just a stopgap measure to allow the game to be running until they can deal with the performance issues on both the client and server side.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

It should be the nr. 1 thing on the to-fix list. It’s annoying as hell and affecting gameplay a lot.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

until the day hey remove it and we can’t see chests that drop because we can’t find it through the wall of people. lol

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Very soon – Colin posted this 2 days ago

This makes Roleplaying/Open World PvE Horrible, When will it be fixed?

We’re working on getting over-all game performance with large #‘s of players/mobs on screen running better first. Some improvements were included in the last release, a number of additional performance improvements will be included in the release next week. Once we’re up to performance that can handle the transition to include mobs in the more advanced culling system, we’ll pull the switch, hopefully not that far off but I can’t give an ETA since we’re still doing extensive testing on performance.

As a bonus, the perf fixes next week should also help any location with lots of players and very few mobs, hello WvW.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

It is not a bug, it’s a feature! No really … it is working as intended and doing whakitten was meant to. That is not something that would be considered a bug. Culling is just a stopgap measure to allow the game to be running until they can deal with the performance issues on both the client and server side.

LOL, DEWD i’m not daft, well maybe I am, but, that’s a different topic of discussion, it was meant to be a joke.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)