Will WvW excluded from 100% map complete

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nelopp.6140

nelopp.6140

Q:

I know this question had been raised since the start of this game, but I don’t want to necro those thread back, so I open this thread to ask again.

The solution for 100% map complete now is to jump to a winning side server for free.
However once guesting is up, you need to pay to transfer.

For place like Orr you can guesting to a more popular server to get the map done, but how can you finish a map if your server is being crushed by the other two?

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

All POI and Vista are doable solo .. even in Orr and it’s easy. But for the ones in WvW you can’t do them without going to others servers. Like you said your world can be stuck for weeks with the same color team or being crushed by the other two over and over …

Bad bad bad design choice ….. i will never do that a second time until there is some sort of fix …. i was stuck on another world for 7 days and then when i was allowed to transfer again my original home world was full …. wow .. took me one month to return from my exile .

Bad bad bad choice …. i can add the WvW jumping puzzle is a pain too … peoples that run naked for Vistas/POIs and the jumping puzzle are stealing spots for peoples that want really to fight in WvW .. adding waiting time in the queues …

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

I think being stuck in the same color starting area and being crushed week after week has got to be a fairly rare occurence. I’ve been on the same server through three different tiers, and most weeks we get a new starting position, making it pretty easy to get 100% map completion on all four maps within 4 weeks.

So for you what seems to be ‘bad bad bad design choice’ has actually worked really well for a bunch of other servers. So is it bad design, or your bad luck?

So far, server transfers are still free, and even full pop servers can be transferred to if you try it at really odd hours. If you truly are stuck in the third place starting area every single week, then yeah, a couple of well chosen transfers should get you what you need.

Even with all that effort, it’s still by far one of the easiest parts of the legendary requirement.

Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I seriously don’t understand how people are having such a hard time with this. I’ve been able to do it multiple times on multiple characters, and usually when our side is in last place in the WvW map.

Posted by: Natsu.2589

Natsu.2589

I have to agree here. Although I am pretty pleased with the overall game experience, putting vistas and so on in a PvP area is a very questionable design decision.

Map completion is clearly a part of the PvE – not PvP – gameplay. Forcing PvE players into such zones hurts them as well as PvP players. The former most likely do not want to take part in PvP battles, so the latter cannot expect to achieve any support from them, thus crippling PvP efforts.

Anet could leave these vistas/poi in mentioned areas, but disconnect them from the exploration achievement.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

I seriously don’t understand how people are having such a hard time with this. I’ve been able to do it multiple times on multiple characters, and usually when our side is in last place in the WvW map.

Same here, but some people are really turned off by PvP for various reasons. i love it, but i can understand how some people might be intimidated or just frustrated by PvP as the potential for unbalanced teams and such is high. I would not mind them removing WvW from monthly, and WvW from 100% map ONLY if they make a separate reward/achievement/loot for those who do complete the WvW requirements and tasks. Of course the rewards must be worthwhile, useful and/or valuable.

EDIT: i do think reward for making legendary should still include WvW vistas, skill pint and POIs (also should add dungeons too im my opinion), i mean it is a ‘legendary’.

(edited by Medazolam.3058)

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I was thinking about this the other day. I completed the WvW maps on a char I no longer play because I don’t like the profession.

The thought of having to do it again on the character I plan to play mostly just makes me want to give up on map completion.

I also feel guilty when others are trying to fight for points and I have no intention of engaging in PvP.

It isn’t that it’s terribly difficult, but it is time consuming and to force a PvP aspect into a PvE activity doesn’t make much sense to me.

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

The real solution here is to make team color assignment random, so that each week you have a chance of getting to the mapping points near the team spawns without relying on your team dominating the map.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

It isn’t that it’s terribly difficult, but it is time consuming and to force a PvP aspect into a PvE activity doesn’t make much sense to me.

Map completition isn’t a PvE only activity,

And do you know why I can prove that? Because you need to complete the WvW map in order to get full map completition.

Considering how no one is forcing you to get 100% map completition, you get rewards for completing each PvE map, and if you want a Legendary you already need 500 Badges of Honor… There simply isn’t an issue here.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Getting crushed one round will then mean you get placed against opposition in the next tier down for the next round. My (former) server almost always dominated the next round and so I did the map exploration at that time before we got promoted again.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I play on Sorrow’s Furnace, which is currently the third worst server in WvW. I had my worries about ever getting into the central keep in the Eternal Battlegrounds, but the last time I went in there, we got it. I guess when you’re terrible, you get pitted against other servers that are terrible — and sooner or later, you’re bound to get lucky. That’s the whole idea of their ladder system.

I was also extremely worried about ever getting the skill point at the Altar of Lyssa in Malchor’s Leap. In order to get in there, you need a concerted effort of like 15-20 people to capture the Cathedral of Eternal radiance, then take down a boss or something in the center. But one day, I went in there and it just happened to have been cleared. I never thought I’d see the day.

So, I guess the moral of the story is — keep checking back regularly. It may be a rare thing, but it’s got to happen eventually.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

So far, server transfers are still free, and even full pop servers can be transferred to if you try it at really odd hours. If you truly are stuck in the third place starting area every single week, then yeah, a couple of well chosen transfers should get you what you need.

Even with all that effort, it’s still by far one of the easiest parts of the legendary requirement.

how many of you have had it easy when the free transfer was allowed at each 24Hrs ??

Now the new A..net blog talks about paid transfers with time limitation ( probably still 7 days ) how do you feel about that ?? perhaps another visit to the gems store ? $$$$$$

i still stand that 100% world completion in WvW need to be worked on … remove them and add them to the PVE world …. we want more peoples in open worlds right ??

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Getting crushed one round will then mean you get placed against opposition in the next tier down for the next round. My (former) server almost always dominated the next round and so I did the map exploration at that time before we got promoted again.

This is incorrect and a terrible example. Lower tier servers can certainly move around the positions. However, when you are in T1 or T2, there is very little map movement at all for starting positions.

If they want to make this transfer paid, they need to rotate the starting colors each week, plain and simple. There is no way to get some of these points in a T1, or to a lesser extent, T2 match unless you happen to be on that server.

The only character I was ever able to complete the map on was in T3 when one team got completely wiped off the map…that just doesn’t happen in higher tiers.

(edited by Xaaz.8472)

Xaaz.8472

I was also extremely worried about ever getting the skill point at the Altar of Lyssa in Malchor’s Leap. In order to get in there, you need a concerted effort of like 15-20 people to capture the Cathedral of Eternal radiance, then take down a boss or something in the center..

You do realize you can commune with that skill point from the side of the platform, not even having to kill a thing, right?

This is nothing even close to having to 100% a PvP map in a high tier server.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Map completition isn’t a PvE only activity,

And do you know why I can prove that? Because you need to complete the WvW map in order to get full map completition.

Considering how no one is forcing you to get 100% map completition, you get rewards for completing each PvE map, and if you want a Legendary you already need 500 Badges of Honor… There simply isn’t an issue here.

Nothing needs to be proved. I wasn’t being snarky, no reason for you to be.

The only part of the completion that requires PvP or going into areas that aren’t always available are the WvW maps. Everything else is purely PvE.

There is a small issue to those you don’t like PvP, or are on servers that can’t or don’t hold parts of the WvW map(s). It also disables the ability of the PvP teams on the WvW maps when pure PvE players are taking up slots just for map completion and not working with the team.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Www is a serious issue for all those avid pve players with older pcs also

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Even without server hopping, I think most people can finish their map completion. Server ranking change every week. So if you wait patiently you’ll eventually get it done.

I changed server to sea of sorrow a few days ago and from what people told me they have always been rank 1. Which worries me because I’ll probably never going to get map completion. Since I’m always green and a few of fort from other server pretty much never turn green.

Erasculio.2914

The only part of the completion that requires PvP or going into areas that aren’t always available are the WvW maps. Everything else is purely PvE.

Sorry if you felt that was being snarky. However, my point was that map completition has not been designed as a PvE only activity exactly because it requires WvW completition; and in fact PvP is the best part of map completition in those maps, since they are nearly identical, and the difference is who controls what.

I don’t see an issue, though – if you don’t want to complete the WvW maps, why do you want to get 100% map completition at all?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

In my personal experience, most people I’ve talked to with this complaint in-game haven’t actually attempted to complete WvW zones yet. They open their maps, see they don’t control something, and don’t even try. When I did my map completion, I had to discover zones behind enemy lines. After a few deaths, I got it done just by running in, using some defensive skills and dodges, and running away.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Having WvW required for map completion makes as much sense as having a dungeon run required as part of your personal story. This is a design choice I would like to see reversed and sooner rather than later.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I have trouble feeling people on this, with how server rankings work.

I’m guessing people check a few times, then just throw their hands up in the air and say IMPOSSIBLE

If your server is getting stomped over and over, you move to a lower tier and don’t get stomped anymore.

If it’s REALLY some unavoidable problem, for months on end (which I know it isn’t), then other people on your server need those spots for their map completion too. Get a big group of people in LA that need this stuff, then go to WvWvW and take the spots that somehow evaded you for months.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

a point was brought up (you need the 500 badges of honor) similar to my statement that, yes let the 100% world achievement (and title) require PvE only, but keep the gift of exploration require WvW. Considering the badges of honor requirement, it really makes no sense not to require the WvW vistas, pois, etc in order to craft a legendary.

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

You do realize you can commune with that skill point from the side of the platform, not even having to kill a thing, right?

Ha ha, no, I didn’t realize that! Well, that would have helped, had I known… :-S Oh well.

Posted by: Gbok.1039

Gbok.1039

I know it will not be the easiest method to get your POIs from WvW but has worked for me on serveral of the POI’s that we never control.

Wait until you see swords on said POI. Move to that POI and stay out of sight as best you can. Wait for the attacking team to get the wall or door down and start to run in. Follow them in before they kill the Lord and bingo…POI completed.

Again I know this does not specifically “solve” the problem for you but again it has helped me on several occassions in getting certain POI’s in WvW completed.

Vista will be more tricky as you will need to be very stealthy and lucky to not be seen and get in and get it but could still help.

Fort AspenwoodSoul Exodus[Soul] Finxx – 80 Ranger

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

Every time this topic comes up, I just have to post in support of removing WvW from map completion.

Anytime PvE and PvP/WvW achievements are combined this way, it makes a lot of players unhappy.

It’s not that we can’t complete the achievement, it’s that we don’t enjoy the activity required to complete it. It’s not fun. Anytime the game forces you to do something you wouldn’t have chosen to do, just to get from point A to point B, it’s grindy.

Also, guesting is coming on the 28th and you will no longer be able to switch servers to finish map completion, without paying for it in gems.This will make it a lot more difficult.

I know it’s often argued that map completion is optional. But I think it’s important to acknowledge it’s an achievement designed to appeal to PvE players, so it’s counter-intuitive to force them to PvP to do it. Not being able to finish something robs players of satisfaction. That’s true of a lot of things right now, as the game stands. Take the personal storyline, designed for people who like to solo. Oh, guess what, you can’t actually finish it by yourself. You have to PUG a dungeon! If this is an attempt by Anet to encourage players to branch out of their chosen playstyle and cooperate, it’s not working for everyone. In many cases, it just makes people frustrated.

The major formats of the game—PvP, PvE, WvW—should not be interwoven that closely, IMO. We should always get to choose which one we want to participate in.

I absolutely support separate achievements for WvW, along the lines of suggestions that have already been made here on the forums many times. Good badge rewards for completing WvW POIs and vistas, instead of counting toward map completion, separate daily/monthly for WvW, etc.

Edit: I just wanted to add, I am okay with the pursuit of a legendary requiring WvW. That’s the point of a legendary, to show mastery of the whole game. Not so with world completion…I feel like the whole point of that achievement caters toward the lore-oriented, smell-the-roses explorer type of player who may or may not enjoy beating up fellow players.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I’ve said it in other threads and I’ll add it again here. I am against WvW being part of world complete. Apart from the fact it is not allowing you to play the game your way, the main reason I am against it is because people are taking up the limited number of slots to not play WvW.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Guys world completion is BY FAR the easiest part of getting a legendary, and otherwise really serves no purpose. Be patient. Or, even better, be active in wvw and maybe you’ll capture that keep and get the poi you’re missing.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Erasculio.2914

I know it’s often argued that map completion is optional. But I think it’s important to acknowledge it’s an achievement designed to appeal to PvE players, so it’s counter-intuitive to force them to PvP to do it

The achievement has not been designed to appeal to PvE players. It has been designed to appeal to players who enjoy PvE and WvW. Which, incidentally, is why it includes WvW.

Complaining about this is the same as saying “I don’t like Orr, it’s ugly, so I think it should not count for world completition”. If you want to explore the entire world, then explore the entire world.

Xaaz.8472

I know it’s often argued that map completion is optional. But I think it’s important to acknowledge it’s an achievement designed to appeal to PvE players, so it’s counter-intuitive to force them to PvP to do it

The achievement has not been designed to appeal to PvE players. It has been designed to appeal to players who enjoy PvE and WvW. Which, incidentally, is why it includes WvW.

Complaining about this is the same as saying “I don’t like Orr, it’s ugly, so I think it should not count for world completition”. If you want to explore the entire world, then explore the entire world.

I’m guessing that most of the people against removing this either got their achievement by abusing the daily transfer, or don’t play in T1 or T2.

I happen to love going into WvW and I can tell you that I am pretty certain that there are points that just will not be taken in T1. It just won’t happen. The population is too great to take the deepest parts of EB from some servers.

No, I will not pay to transfer to complete my world map on my characters. I also won’t transfer prior to the paid service with the fear that I cannot get back on it. Rotate the starting points weekly and you won’t have an issue. I’m just glad I finished my completion on my first character while on a lower pop server who dominated a specific tier. I won’t however, be able to complete any more in this tier.

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

This is why i will never have 100% of my map done have no interest in WvWvW
just the way it is going to be until they change it and if they dont oh well justt another thing i wont do in this game.

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I’m guessing that most of the people against removing this either got their achievement by abusing the daily transfer, or don’t play in T1 or T2.

I happen to love going into WvW and I can tell you that I am pretty certain that there are points that just will not be taken in T1. It just won’t happen. The population is too great to take the deepest parts of EB from some servers.

No, I will not pay to transfer to complete my world map on my characters. I also won’t transfer prior to the paid service with the fear that I cannot get back on it. Rotate the starting points weekly and you won’t have an issue. I’m just glad I finished my completion on my first character while on a lower pop server who dominated a specific tier. I won’t however, be able to complete any more in this tier.

Just to respond, I have always been on one server which is Isle of Janthir. When the game first started we were in T1/T2 constantly. I got my exploration on my first character. I have been working on my second character. We have slipped in the standings and for 4-6 weeks (i lost count) we were constantly red and constantly fighting the same two other servers.

I can only say it’s doable no matter which server you are on and what tier you are on, it simply requires patience. Nothing in WvWvW stays static. I happen to very much enjoy WvWvW but I am simply stating that you can get it done no matter what. You have to simply stay patient.

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

If they just rotated the colors every server week, it would never be a problem. I didn’t want to wait 1 month to get a lucky rotation for the one borderlands I didn’t have. and if you don’t get a lucky switch it’s going to take a week anyways for the next borderlands swap. It’s better to wait for the switch friday, and if your team isn’t on the borderlands you want, then switch to another server, and wait out the extra week. You can still run dungeons with your friends on a different server, but unfortunately you get locked out of WvWvW and open world PvE content.

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Sorry if you felt that was being snarky. However, my point was that map completition has not been designed as a PvE only activity exactly because it requires WvW completition; and in fact PvP is the best part of map completition in those maps, since they are nearly identical, and the difference is who controls what.

I don’t see an issue, though – if you don’t want to complete the WvW maps, why do you want to get 100% map completition at all?

That is some scary reasoning there. “..in fact PvP is the best part of map completion in those maps..” Since when do opinions become fact?

Look, there are some people who don’t like PvP and they enjoy PvE enough to fully explore the overwhelming majority of zones(90%+) in a game that intentionally keeps PvP and PvE content separate. People will go there “to just get it over with” and this will be the sole purpose for being on that map, they won’t be there for all other things WvWvW.

Whispers with meat.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

The real solution here is to make team color assignment random, so that each week you have a chance of getting to the mapping points near the team spawns without relying on your team dominating the map.

No! Not random -> ROTATION!

I agree that this should not be part of the map completion process (unless rotation is added).

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Xaaz.8472

Just to respond, I have always been on one server which is Isle of Janthir. When the game first started we were in T1/T2 constantly. I got my exploration on my first character. I have been working on my second character. We have slipped in the standings and for 4-6 weeks (i lost count) we were constantly red and constantly fighting the same two other servers.

I can only say it’s doable no matter which server you are on and what tier you are on, it simply requires patience. Nothing in WvWvW stays static. I happen to very much enjoy WvWvW but I am simply stating that you can get it done no matter what. You have to simply stay patient.

So your solution is to play 24 hours a day and hope that the one or two keeps/towers that you need in T1 EB will at some point become available. Also, hoping that you can get there for the 5 minutes it stays in your possession? You don’t find that a bit silly?

There is patience and then there is stupidity. I think you know which case this scenario falls into. (not calling you stupid, just the concept of static maps)

Rotate colors and the problem is solved. Quick and easy.

Erasculio.2914

That is some scary reasoning there

…Most of which you ignored.

Look, there are some people who don’t like PvP and they enjoy PvE enough to fully explore the overwhelming majority of zones

And? If they don’t want to play WvW, they can explore all PvE maps and stop at that.

Why do you want 100% world completition?

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

I agree with the mindset that they need to remove PvE from WvW. It just doesn’t make sense to force someone to play when they don’t care for PvP.

They should allow 100% map completion without ever stepping into WvW. From a lore standpoint, the Mists are not in Tyria and they shouldn’t be counted as such.

Erasculio.2914

It just doesn’t make sense to force someone to play when they don’t care for PvP

Again, ArenaNet isn’t forcing anything.

People who want to get 100% map completition are simply claiming they do not want to complete 100% of the map. Nothing more, nothing less. Map completition doesn’t offer any stats advantage other than helping with Legendaries (which require WvW even outside of map completition due to the Badges of Honor), so this complaint doesn’t make any sense.

It’s the same as saying “I want map completition but I don’t like Orr, ArenaNet should remove it from map completition then!”.

gennyt.3428

The design choice is being questioned and your argument is that it was designed that way. I was trying to save you the embarrassment of pointing out your circular logic.

Yes they can explore everything else and stay at 90 something . And quite frankly, who are you to question why someone wants 100 world completion?

Whispers with meat.

Erasculio.2914

Yes they can explore everything else and stay at 90 something . And quite frankly, who are you to question why someone wants 100 world completion?

I am someone in a discussion forum, in which people like to discuss things with arguments (once in a while). If all you say is “I want it to happen this way because that’s how I want it”, well… You are no better than my example about someone wanting to remove Orr from world completition.

Map completition isn’t a PvE only activity. Map completition isn’t required for anything other than a Legendary, which requires WvW anyway. Those two statements render the majority of arguments in this topic useless. I would like to see some decent reason as to why should ArenaNet waste their limited resources on this, preferably something more than just “because I want it and I will stop breathing until it’s given to me”.

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

It just doesn’t make sense to force someone to play when they don’t care for PvP

People who want to get 100% map completition are simply claiming they do not want to complete 100% of the map. Nothing more, nothing less. Map completition doesn’t offer any stats advantage other than helping with Legendaries (which require WvW even outside of map completition due to the Badges of Honor), so this complaint doesn’t make any sense.

It’s the same as saying “I want map completition but I don’t like Orr, ArenaNet should remove it from map completition then!”.

Agreed. I’m not sure what the issue is. Hell, you can buy legendaries from the Trade Broker so you don’t even need map completion for those. Why should people be rewarded with a little star for exploring every map in the game when they haven’t explored every map in the game?

If you’re lazy and/or unmotivated to join a WvW guild that can help take a keep for you, just buy gems. That’s the cost of wanting a shortcut and not getting it done while transfers were free.

CorruptedSave.2570

People who want to get 100% map completition are simply claiming they do not want to complete 100% of the map.

That makes no sense.

We can complete 90%, or whatever it is, of the world by PvE. A huge majority. Why should players who do not want to PvP have to finish this by accessing a mode such as WvW? It is a poor design.

Erasculio.2914

We can complete 90%, or whatever it is, of the world by PvE. A huge majority. Why should players who do not want to PvP have to finish this by accessing a mode such as WvW? It is a poor design.

Why should players who do not want to explore the entire world be able to achieve 100% map completition? You speak as if world completition had any other value other than being a symbol of how you have explored everything. If you have not explored everything, you won’t get it. The issue is…?

CorruptedSave.2570

Why should players who do not want to explore the entire world be able to achieve 100% map completition? You speak as if world completition had any other value other than being a symbol of how you have explored everything. If you have not explored everything, you won’t get it. The issue is…?

I think are missing the whole drive behind this argument.

Currently, you have to access WvW to get 100% map completion. Some people feel that map completion is a PvE element and has no place in a PvP element (WvW). The main reason for this is because you can complete almost the entire map through PvE means and a small chunk requires you to access WvW.

For this reason, if you do not like PvP and never enter WvW, you can never complete your map. This means no Gift of Exploration, no Title, no in-game achievement and no personal achievement.

I happen to agree and think that world completion should mean the actual world and not a side area that is instanced in and where the focus changes from fighting the environment to fighting other players.

Erasculio.2914

Currently, you have to access WvW to get 100% map completion. Some people feel that map completion is a PvE element and has no place in a PvP element (WvW). The main reason for this is because you can complete almost the entire map through PvE means and a small chunk requires you to access WvW.

That is flawed logic. Map completition would be a PvE activity because most of it requires PvE – is that the main argument? It’s a very weak one – the fact map completition requires exploration of all the WvW maps proves it’s also a WvW activity.

This is the crux of the issue. Map completition isn’t a PvE only activity. Why should it be?

gennyt.3428

I am someone in a discussion forum, in which people like to discuss things with arguments (once in a while). If all you say is “I want it to happen this way because that’s how I want it”, well… You are no better than my example about someone wanting to remove Orr from world completition.

Map completition isn’t a PvE only activity. Map completition isn’t required for anything other than a Legendary, which requires WvW anyway. Those two statements render the majority of arguments in this topic useless. I would like to see some decent reason as to why should ArenaNet waste their limited resources on this, preferably something more than just “because I want it and I will stop breathing until it’s given to me”.

Many things in this game are not “required”, not even the personal story and legendaries so what’s your point? Should players only care about map completion if they’re planning on getting legendaries? People play for different reasons. Orr is a poor choice to make into your example because it is part of the “persistent” world and is not subject to issues being brought up here concerning WvWvW. The wisdom of the design is being questioned and you keep repeating, that it was designed that way. And trying to make it seem childish that people take issue with the design choice doesn’t help your argument.

Whispers with meat.

Erasculio.2914

Many things in this game are not “required”, not even the personal story and legendaries so what’s your point?

That map completition isn’t a PvE only activity, so asking for it to not include WvW doesn’t make sense. Why should map completition be PvE only?

CorruptedSave.2570

That is flawed logic. Map completition would be a PvE activity because most of it requires PvE – is that the main argument? It’s a very weak one – the fact map completition requires exploration of all the WvW maps proves it’s also a WvW activity.

This is the crux of the issue. Map completition isn’t a PvE only activity. Why should it be?

Just because something is, doesn’t mean it should be. You are taking the stance that since it currently is, it means it is absolutely correct and cannot be at fault and the burden of proof is on the person opposing it.

All of this is just my opinion in the end. Since I can complete a majority of the map in PvE, I should be able to finish it in PvE as well. I like to keep my PvP separate from my PvE.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Technically speaking, 100% map completion should be based on exploring all zones/areas within GW2 (PvE, sPvP, W3 etc.). However, what makes this a horendous task is having to play a portion of a game (W3) that is biased/chaotic/unpredictable.

The zones/areas within the PvE environment are more predictable and attainable. This makes exploring fun – unlike in the W3. The only reasonable solution would be to make the environment more attainable and static – i.e. Rotation of servers.

I agree that it should be removed IF server rotation is NOT implemented. It is a simple solution that makes both sides happy.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Erasculio.2914

You are taking the stance that since it currently is, it means it is absolutely correct and cannot be at fault and the burden of proof is on the person opposing it.

No. I’m reading that some people would like to see a feature to be changed and I’m asking why do they think that change should happen.

So far, the main argument has been “I can do most of map completition on PvE, so that means map completition is a PvE activity”. To which I can easily reply – no, to complete the map you need to play WvW, so it’s not a PvE only activity. To the following question – why should map completition be changed to be a PvE activity, something it isn’t right now – so far there has been no answer. People haven’t answered even why do they want to have map completition if they don’t want to complete the map.