Will You Be Playing GW2 Less Post Patch ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I will be playing more

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Probably more. There’s a bunch of new builds to try atm.

I was actually thinking a lot of the classes had gotten stale, but the necro and ranger have some decent new toys.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Actually we think about changing to Teso (And i really don’t like that game, but hey…you can do Rp there^^)

If a patch keeps you from roleplaying you’re doing it wrong.

I used to roleplay when MMO’s were a graph paper, a pencil, and funny shaped dice. :-)

Very much true. No one stops a roleplayer, unless his/her imagination died.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

My play schedule will be completely unaffected.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

playing more, the new world bosses are fun! And zerg trains almost made me leave the game, i’m so glad they’re over.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I’ll be playing more most likely.

The townclothes and naming of transmuted items SUCKS, but the rest of the update seemed good to me.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

As long as world bosses are kittened up, yes, I will be playing alot less.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

I’ll be playing as much as before, possibly more. I love the account wide World XP, so I’ll be playing a wider variety of classes in WvW. I also really like the new trait system, so even though I already have 8 80s, one of each class, I’m creating a brand new character to level up again.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I likely will be playing less as the new content is usually short and slow to roll out. Lately I have only been logging on to do the dailies which gave me experience different parts of the game. With there only being 10 achievements, my play time will now be shorter.

Posted by: Rymer.4017

Rymer.4017

Yeah I will not cause this patch made thing worse or better but the fact when I bought this game I knew things would change and be different. That is why I play it is because there not going to change something with out reason and I myself am not going to quit or stop playing because of this change.

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

This whole update is like a huge middle finger to me…

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Nope…why would I? I’ve invested too much time and RL money to stop because of a patch…thats just silly.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I will probably be playing just as much, if not more.
I think the patch, overall, was a good patch.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Posted by: SakuraWulf.3209

SakuraWulf.3209

It’s pretty sad if you consider grinding and doing dailies “playing” the game.

Nice opinion, bro. And i’ll be playing the same

Posted by: Purrversion.8413

Purrversion.8413

Less. I barely played at all, and now most of my outfits and toys are broken as hell, crappy tonics, and I also have the whole ‘megaserver’ bit looming on the horizon as a roleplayer on TC? Yeaaaaaaaaaaah this game is looking worse and worse by the day for me.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Less. I can’t face refiguring where I had all my traits on ten different toons that they so thoughtlessly reset. So i’m stuck on one toon, and I get bored just playing one. Also, a certain other game is more interesting for me at the moment.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Code.8615

Code.8615

Really? This game launched in 2012, and when it did there were no champ trains. None at all.

Does it ever occur to some of you that when the champ trains being what they became, ANet never intended for people to just log on and run in a huge circle around Queensdale for 18 hours a day. Literally fighting with those people who were not in the train for taking down the Oak out of turn?

That Champ Train in Queensdale was vile, vile and childish in many ways. Perhaps not every day they weren’t, but most times they were. If you were no in that Champ train, then YOU were not allowed to touch anyone of those champs or else a huge fight sparked.

ArenaNet did not intended for this to happen. Now people are gonna complain because it’s been nerfed?

Does anyone every grow up?

I hop on the train every once in a while to do my daily rounds, but pretty much this, yes.

The amount of whining people do because some folk don’t play the game in a way they’ve decided it should be played almost make me wish they completely killed trains altogether.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m currently creating and deleting lots of extra characters to unlock all the unique starter skins. Then I’m going to make a new one to unlock the other story skins and to try the new trait unlock system.

I also want to finish the WvW Season 1 achievements and I’m still working on a bunch of other stuff like levelling 4 alts and getting a legendary for my main. Plus things like doing all the dungeon paths.

In short I have more than enough to keep me occupied until the next Living Story starts. And probably well after that too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I will log on every other day to get a daily and do some WvW for my achievements but I the patch in no way revitalizes my love for GW. After all it was just a few “quality of life” changes, nothing fun or important like a new story/events/regions.

Compared to before I will be logging on less, but not because of the patch just lack of new content that I find fun. I am just waiting for Living Story season two, fingers crossed the story/characters and overall writing is better.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Inshi.6970

Inshi.6970

My playing time will be signiffically reduced due to changes in making regular dungeond chests a daily thing. I enjoyed runnig my fav dungeon paths with different people, chests didnt make it really profitable, but thanks to them it wasnt also a waste of time. Now without a single chest from path its no point in running if you dont have to.

Sadly Im starting to see that terms ‘balance’ and ‘fun’ are slowly taken by ‘profit’ in this game. Arena is reducing/removing most of the ingame drops/loots/whatever and on that place is expanding gem shop giving you new ways to spend money. But… why would I spend money on a game that Im spending less and less time in?

Posted by: Neumonics.4603

Neumonics.4603

For now, yes, I was into the Living story, mostly because i felt they were really unique ways to use the old mmo design systems, also i think they were very cool social interactions, for my non-social self. Such as the darwinisum of learning how to beat the marionet, learnining what strategy was the strongest, and which one sucked.

Untill that stuff starts again, im waiting.

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Yes. I will be playing less because:
1. My town clothes outfit is no longer wearable, because I cannot mix and match as I desired when I bought the town clothes, and I cannot even dye the default town clothes set. I spent a large chunk of my game time wearing these.
2. Boss timers are never convenient for me anymore, and these were a large part of my enjoyment of the game.
3. I am losing faith in the development team, as they seem completely disconnected from their product and I don’t feel like they have any idea what is good for the game and what is not.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For me it’s an incentive to get most though not all the dyes, (geez too expensive) and to go back out in the world and look at what the heart vendors have for karma outfits to put skins in my wardrobe.

I’m going to also start doing my personal stories to get the reward skins. I had stopped doing them a long time ago.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Larenc.1269

Larenc.1269

I’ll personally be playing a lot less. I’ve lost quite a bit of gold worth with this update and frankly with the mega servers now everything has scaled and pretty much you gotta be a hard core nerd to be able to solo anything now. I tried leveling my chars but when a freaken scrrit hits you for 400dmg and its only lvl 7 Its time to just call it quits. My warrior is by far weakend now about 40% of its dmg is lost even tho its full exotic/end game junk. Although my ele has taken my warriors place of being over powered is besides the point Hello 1.5k dmg with basic attack.

The wardrobe thing is just to much of a pain to go though cant quick shift or anything now like you used to be able to. So thats another reason i’ll be playing less.

Over all all A net did was kitten people off change crit build to crap build and condition build to over power build. Witch imo is completely stupid. Cause if a guy with a giant sword runs up to me and hits me I should freaken die not get tickled but when a staff user runs up to me and puffs out green smoke im dead is kinda weird imo.

So the over all logic of the game will make me play alot less

Posted by: buckeyecro.9614

buckeyecro.9614

I will likely play a few hours a month mainly for the story from now on. So about the same as I do now. I play the game mostly for the story now. I like fighting dragons, and many games I have in my collection have the player fight some form of dragon or epic fantasy creature that mandate thinking while playing- not mindless massive 100+ person blob or bust content. Ultimately the trend of the changes detract from the fun factor for me because I like to think when I play a game regardless of what the content is like.

Anyways here’s a more detailed explanation to provide feedback to the people who read this post:

Ferocity and other number tweaks or new passive abilities are not going to reduce the necessity of doing all out damage unless the content demands other roles and strategies. The changes to boon duration reduce the overall effectiveness of the support role!
Optimal Foraging Theory dictates that animals will expend the least amount of energy and time for the biggest gains, so doing the most damage will be optimal until the content demands otherwise.

I enjoy water combat more than terrestrial combat- its more dynamic and interesting. I’m probably going to play Spvp only once in a blue moon until I have a positive perception that it is relatively balanced or most of these changes to Spvp are reverted. Yes it needed changes, but WHY was Water Combat removed entirely from Spvp, and why do we have to unlock new things for use in Spvp?

However, I have additional concerns that the general trend of the new changes detract from the fun factor for me, with the kicker being more 125+ man blob or bust content in the future. I like small group content- not crowd based content where its all a matter of mindless spamming. The mega server is probably preparation for more of the same content in the future. Although this is highly subjective and my opinion, however a diverse array of content types is always better because too much monotony breeds contempt.

I would have the world events randomly spawn once in about an hour and a half window, much like they did previously, that starts a map wide count down when the map opens visible to everyone in the map, and have a few maps of specific zones open at all times and selectable from a drop-down menu.

There are much better ways they can schedule these events and merge the servers while preserving the server communities. The systems are just not there to preserve current server communities in a non server environment. These should have been created before merging the servers IE: individual server chat system that is seen on all the maps, with a few restrictions obtained from testing and information gathering from the community. Anything short of this feature alone would probably see existing server communities collapse. I understand that only the Heart of the Mists has been merged but more will merge soon.

Hopefully they will merge the servers correctly and a developer will read this revitalized thread and take things to heart as they make further design changes to the game.

Sanctum of Rall NA Engineer Commander

Guild Wars 2 needs a Public Beta Environment

(edited by buckeyecro.9614)

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

Meh, to be honest maybe a little more while I try to figure out what the ^%&* just happened. Let’s face it…the game was really stale and while some of this seems just whack (Default Hero Page(Wardrobe (Sigil combos))) for the most part it’s been the Wild Ride we were promised. Other than the stoopid Named_Bow_of_Annoyance thing on my longbow and the dmg nerf was more than I expected nothing is of major concern.

On the plus side there were some tweaks I made to my main which has been kinda fun so far. The overall game play feels different too. Mostly a good different.

Mostly.

-M

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

I’ll be playing less due to the dailies limitation. I’m ok with most of the changes/nerfs but if I am now forced to play parts of the game I don’t enjoy to get my dailies, I won’t do it. This will just mean that I play less and eventually log in less commonly. If it keeps up, I’ll eventually quit playing. In the long run it means Anet will lose money.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I have my account wxp, passable legendary and ascended, and more costume/look options. Yeah I’ll play more.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Be playing the same amount of time here. Which is lots.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m definitely going to play more. Between trait hunting, trait experimentation, the new PvP features and the wardrobe system, there’s plenty for me to experiment with.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Considering the confusio linguarum that is EU-Megaservers, the 3 big world bosses being scheduled outside of EU prime time for the working people, no more means to check the status of world events/dungeons – yes I will be playing GW2 a lot less.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

Posted by: Revyn.8961

Revyn.8961

Actually we think about changing to Teso (And i really don’t like that game, but hey…you can do Rp there^^)

If a patch keeps you from roleplaying you’re doing it wrong.

I used to roleplay when MMO’s were a graph paper, a pencil, and funny shaped dice. :-)

Very much true. No one stops a roleplayer, unless his/her imagination died.

Step 1: Get together with roleplayers… (mega-servers don’t help this)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

The changes to dailies and world boss events definitely makes me want to play less.

Posted by: Drok Kindleshot.1496

Drok Kindleshot.1496

Well I wasnt playing it before the patch much just came back to see the changes and yah I won’t be playing this been reading some other posts and this game makes me miss GW1 terribly there will always be other games on the horizon and some right now that are probably better than GW2….I can still reminisce when the game came out and the Black Citadel was full of people and we were running around killing stuff in Ascalon that was probably my fondest memory playing the game straight for 24 hours hoping that the AH would come up so I can sell all my copper and that was Level 3….way more fun that at Level 80….you guys talk about complaining yah we are complaining but guess what if this is how Anet wants to run the game then fine….I mean Im sure their investors wont mind if I dont buy say 2000-10000 gems per year whish I could….but I didnt

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

The update is not going to change my gaming habits, no.
I hardly played before the update either.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

1. I can use my panda hat everywhere now;
2. The world events and temples are FULL of people (who generally appreciate this as well).

Definitely going to play as much as usual, if not more.

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

A lot less than before here.
Not that i don’t enjoy the game, but now i can’t RP with or read the chat, due to a Babel Tower syndrome Skynet brought to EU players.

In fact, my guild is considering to leave the game, and go back to SWTOR. It’s a pity, but the way things are now, make the game unplayable.

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

probably the same. things nerfed simply free my gametime to try something else which is a good thing. Already working on 2 promising projects to progress a bit and it is way more fun than FGS train. And a million people in Orr scaling bosses to one shot tactical nukes again has some element of nostalgia at least :P

Posted by: Annette.6278

Annette.6278

Yes, i’ll be playing less. It hurts me when i saw the changes. I don’t like that now we have the same armors on pve and pvp and that i must use transmutate charges to wear new armor because i could do it free in the past. And now i must to have one more armor set in my bag – why?! And more, and more… I have never hated any patch before and thought that GW2 was the best mmo rpg game.

GW2 is almost a perfect MMORPG. Please, DON"T make it in such way like we are stupid.

Posted by: Vio.2506

Vio.2506

Probably less; I’m a new player having returned in feb since the original release loved the LS stuff; and now the new patch screws over new players, so yea I think i’ll start up this game much less hence forth unless there is some positive changes very soon, like ‘replay any LS content with a flip of a switch’ etc.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

no.
15 sylvari

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Probably the same as I play now, which is a fraction of what I played before. From December 2012 to December of 2013 I played 4,800 hours, an average of 13 hours a day. I loved the game, couldn’t get enough of it. Spent more than a p2p game buying 10 character slots, keys and other accoutrements to the tune of 300$. With the disappointment of the LS, the zerg fest cluster kitten events, my play time went from 13 to less than an hour a day if that. I’ve 14 level 80’s and one on the way. With this update, including the megaserver crap, traits (I mean why in the world would I want to unlock traits doing events that I’ve done many, many times). Sorry the game has become a grindfest , with the implementation of ascended gear/weapons. The drops in Orr are abysmal, 1 t-6 mat out of 20 bags maybe? Whereas a year ago I spent a couple of months camped in Orr (when there were people there on a regular basis) and almost had enough mats to get my legendary (minus the precursor, of course). I’ll attribute the economic downfall of the game with the little shaky chest, when to begin with you could do the maw all day long til the cows come home and get lots of rares, then they changed that to once per day account wide. Scarlet’s events were lucrative, tho. The flame and frost dungeon was amazing, as well as the Zephyr Sanctum. I currently have 13 or 14 level 80’s, and 2 on their way, but will probably delete many of my toons and sell their crap, then keep one so I can play with my dd a couple of times a week. Other than that, I’m more than disappointed with the changes they have made with this patch. The ONLY good thing about it was the account bound dyes.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Less.

“•Message Body length must at least be 15.”

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Definitely less, I see no point in struggling to kill a single trash mob among the 100 people zerg. Now I’m basically waiting for another game to replace this one. Makes me sad, after a year of playing and paying, but it’s not the first game that got screwed up by the publisher’s greed. Because that’s the only conceivable reason to go through with all those megabullcrap changes which broke a perfectly fine world.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

I’m just killing time until they get to my refund ticket. If they give me my cash back, I’ll remove all my billing data, delete the game files and flag customer support to perma-ban my account to make sure somebody doesn’t hack it later on once I’m no longer paying attention. If they give me gems only, no cash refund, I’m not sure what I’ll do.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Most likely going to be playing more.

Having all the “free” dyes unlocked helps a ton (went through 1000+ return dyes between me and the gf), as does getting all the PvP achievement rewards in the wardrobe.

The only bits I am skeptical on is how the changes will affect my chances at RP in GW2.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Dabis.6240

Dabis.6240

I want to say yes, because the new patch didn’t add anything of value to me aside from being able to use my sunrise on other characters, but the fact of the matter is I wasn’t playing before this patch at all, and I have tried it out for 2-3 hours before becoming bored, so I guess I am playing this patch more than I was before. That being said, until they add more zones, permanent content, dungeons, etc. I will not be logging back in anymore.

Living story was a cool idea initially, but if all the content is temporary and you miss say, a few months of it, it leaves you not knowing what the LS is even about, and makes it really hard to get into. Combine that with the massive lack of new permanent content, and you’ve basically got the same game you had at release with just a few minor additions.

Other games like FFXIV can release 4-5 new end-game dungeons every 3 months, along side new quests, story missions, instanced fights, and even raid-like events, and yet GW2 has hardly added any new permanent content since the release. Just FotM, a couple new dungeons, and a TON of temporary content that can no longer be accessed by players like me that take multiple month breaks from the game. I’m a 100% PvE focused person, so the lack of lasting PvE content, changes to world boss event timers (outside of gambling my money away at the MF, using the timers and camping the world boss events after 5PM PST was my favorite activity in this game daily), and the focus on WvW/SPvP have almost made this game unplayable for me, which makes me really sad.

I have put over 1k hours into the game, earned my sunrise completely legitimately, joined a fun guild, and really enjoyed myself at one point in time, however it feels like I’m still playing this game in it’s release version due to the lack of new lasting content, and this patch hasn’t added anything to change that. I have tried to log-in and have fun since the update, but the 3-4 times I have logged in haven’t been fun, and I have felt like there’s not really much to do for a PvE-focused player once you have done all the old dungeons and explored all the zones in the game, as Anet never adds new content. The living story just doesn’t cut it in terms of adding new exciting content that keeps people coming back, as most people zerg through it for achievements/free items, then never touch it again unless it’s like Queen’s Pavilion and people can make money off of it.

Anyways, I will end this scatterbrained rant by saying I do hope Anet changes the way they run this game and add more permanent content for PvE players to enjoy, but until that happens I will stick to games like FFXIV and diablo 3 that actually add permanent content that bring fresh experiences to their game. I mean, d3 was such a failure at launch, but through various PERMANENT reworks to the loot and experience system, PLUS the addition of an expansion pack that brought a new class, higher lvl cap, new ways of customizing gear, new unique gear effects, and so-on, the game is currently a huge success, and the amount of people playing it atm is much higher than it has been in over a year. Then you have Anet, who has made no mention of an expansion, added no new classes, added 1 perpetually empty zone (except during karka queen), and generally shaped their content around selling gem store items, effectively making many of their players quit the game. I know this post is not well-organized, proofread, and has a heavy air of complaining to it, but I feel as though after putting 1k+ hours into the game, and not seeing much change in it at all since release I’m at least entitled to my opinion on the game.

I will keep trying to get my ranger to 80, but may never make it at this rate. I do still like GW2 for what it is, but as an endgame PvE focused player, there just isn’t enough content being added atm to make me consider this even close to my favorite MMO atm.

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Same as I have been playing.
I’m very limited on when I can play, so I take my opportunity to play anytime I can.
I love the new features they added, and I find people crying about champ train nerfs to be hilarious.
Yeah, I participated in killing some champs “out of turn” in Queensdale, and got blown up every time. I never even knew what a “champ train” was until this happened, and it did nothing for me but make me hate the champ train.
Completely childish and immature.
And now with all the champ trainers rage quitting, I can enjoy killing whatever mobs I want, whenever I want, without being blown up by mindless dolts.

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Viral, now there’ll always be at least a dozen other players trying to beat you to that mob. gl, hf

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

I haven’t formed a solid opinion on it yet but it’s beginning to sway to playing less, yes. Too many zergy content now. Scheduled bosses are boring and should not have even been implemented in the first place; bosses should have been scaled properly. I was an avid PvP’er but now the matchmaking is completely borked that I am constantly playing with people that think the point of tPvP is to chase people and play as if it were a free-for-all. MegaServer is already becoming problematic with numerous reasons. I won’t get into it, you can read my other posts if you’re interested to hear that.

Unless some changes happen in the next little while regarding this, I might not be playing this as much (or at all as unfortunate as it is).

www.vanquishing.enjin.com