Will You Be Playing GW2 Less Post Patch ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Revyn.8961

Revyn.8961

Wildstar is patched and ready for pre-order Beta Weekend #3

Posted by: Dabis.6240

Dabis.6240

I don’t know how trusting I am in wildstar, as NCsoft is the company behind it, and they are also the ones backing Anet and GW2. Quitting GW2 to go to another MMO backed by the same company seems a little counter-productive in my eyes. I would rather take my chances with FFXIV, Diablo 3, TESO (heard mixed reviews on this one), and PSO2 once it’s out in America.

Posted by: ArchCalder.3258

ArchCalder.3258

Not sure yet.

The patch has only been out for three days, so I do want to give the dev team some time to tweak the bugs out of the system. The trait system has its ups and downs, which is fine, though I wish they didn’t change a system that wasn’t broken to begin with. It’s more broken now, yes, but if we are forced to, we will adapt. Mind you, “if forced to” is being used very accurately.

The wardrobe is by far my favorite implementation. Not only does it make it cheaper for me to switch my level 80 gear around, it lets me preview the armor, including the dye configuration. Of course, I wish they didn’t remove Udyes as loot, but to each his own. I’ve got plenty of dyes that I’m happy with, and I now have a reason to craft them in cooking.

The megaserver is what’s making me so hesitant. Yes, it’s great that we can reduce the number of servers being used. Yes, it’s great that we can finally have populated areas throughout Tyria. But its implementation has been poor at best. Friends and guildmates are having a very difficult time playing with each other because of the integrated servers. Guesting was wonderful; why split the server communities, toss them into the air, and say “good luck to wherever you land!”?

I’m an avid roleplayer within several guilds, so the megaserver is the major concern for me. With only two “unofficial” RP servers being mixed with dozens of non-RP servers, it makes it extremely hard to come across RP of any sort, planned or out-of-the-blue. But I’ll still be playing, for now, and see what the devs do for us.

Revyn.8961

I don’t know how trusting I am in wildstar, as NCsoft is the company behind it, and they are also the ones backing Anet and GW2. Quitting GW2 to go to another MMO backed by the same company seems a little counter-productive in my eyes. I would rather take my chances with FFXIV, Diablo 3, TESO (heard mixed reviews on this one), and PSO2 once it’s out in America.

Yeah, I’m cautiously optimistic about Wildstar. Based on Carbine Studios’ videos and what I’ve seen of the game so far, it looks good. I did say the same about GW2 in beta though.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think Anet is a good studio, but their game just isn’t for me right now. I’ve also been playing quite a bit of D3 and Hearthstone and having fun there too.

(edited by Revyn.8961)

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

I’ve already played less before this patch even hit, and it certainly doesn’t help.

I’m primarily waiting for some of the other games that should come out this year like Wildstar, TESO, EverQuest Next, ArcheAge, etc. One of those will hopefully be more promising.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Astraea.2981

Astraea.2981

You’re moving to another NCSoft game and you think it’s going to be better? Why?

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

I unwind in Smite these days.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

Viral, now there’ll always be at least a dozen other players trying to beat you to that mob. gl, hf

I don’t go looking for them. I couldn’t tell you where most champions spawn.
I go for them as they spawn, if I’m near enough to see their event indicator pop on my UI, or if someone calls out and links a WP in /map.
So if I get it, cool! If not, then not a big deal.
Thanks for the well wishing regarding my luck with champ spawns, and I most definitely WILL have fun.

Edit: I will also be playing WildStar. I played the beta and thoroughly enjoyed what I was able to play.
I will not quit GW2 for WildStar, because GW2 has no impact on my wallet.
Same reason I don’t quit playing any F2P game for any P2P game.

(edited by viralthefrog.6130)

Posted by: XPilo.5862

XPilo.5862

Hell no, now with the wardrobe, the account bound dyes, legendarys and Ascendant I want do ever more characters.
Thanks to the new boss schedule I was able to do Tequalt for the first time, and now there are always a world boss up at any hour. And the megaserver is great.
I am doing even pvp now and I was a pve only player.
Champions trains was hurting the game, lazy people doing the same boss all the day. I think that is bored and prevent the people to search another way of level up and get gold. And lest be serious people will still do then.

So yeah I still happy with this game.

PD: sorry for my bad english

Revyn.8961

You’re moving to another NCSoft game and you think it’s going to be better? Why?

1) Different studio
2) Subscription fees/Credd (has both pros and cons)
3) Trinity
4) Gear progression (I used to think it was bad, but then I started playing WoW again… and had something to work towards that took less grinding than trying for a legendary/ascended armor.)

I don’t want this to turn into a flame war or take the post off topic, so I’ll leave it alone after this. I’ll still pop in to see what happens in the LS, etc. However, there would have to be some drastic changes for me to devote much more time than that. Again, not dissing GW2 and Anet (I’ve been a fan since just before GW1 Factions), just a personal preference.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Only slightly less.

I mostly just logged in to do 5 world events I like to do, plus the dailies (and monthlies, if I hadn’t completed for the month, and any living story content to complete metas and work towards extra prizes, like halos and such).

The ‘slightly less’ part comes into play because of the reduced ‘extra’ dailies I get to do each day, as the grab bag was cut down. I used to do all the extra steps every day that didn’t involve WvW, PvP, Dungeons or Fractals.

I have saved up quite a bit towards making a Bifrost, including the precursor. I’m at a point now where I need to go to Arah, but am pretty petrified at not doing a good job. I see those ‘buy a spot’ groups out from time to time, and was considering that, but I’m concerned about trusting them. What’s to stop them from kicking me out before I get my max dungeon tokens for the first run of the day? Not to mention having to pull that off 9 times. So, all the pieces sit in my bank unused.

I have a 52nd and 55th level character, Warrior and Mesmer, respectively. Not super excited about how much it’ll cost to ‘keep them in their look’ (armor and weapons) up to 80, so they sit there. Skinning used to ‘effectively’ be free 1-79. Not so much now. Yes, people argue about the cost of the skins themselves, but that’s in game money, not ‘real’ money, and was comparatively different. But I digress, there’s plenty of vitriol regarding charges in other threads.

I wanted to run a new Engineer and Necro up, but besides the charge issue above, I can’t settle on a race. I sure love my humans. I have one Norn, the 52nd level Warrior, and she’s alright. I was thinking that it would make sense to run up some different races in the different armor weights to unlock and enjoy some of the other racial armor, but at the end of the day, not sure how psyched I am about the Norns. For me, it’s about the feeling of speed and camera distance to see the same amount of character. It’s disorienting, after running the smallest humans possible.

I used to do a lot of WvW, back when I was on Sea of Sorrows (where I started) in the first few months. Then even more after I moved to Emhry Bay (where I am now). It was a lot of fun. When they moved to the new match up system, something weird happened to EB. We used to do well in our bracket, then a whole bunch of guilds left with the new flexible system, and then some other changes happened and I just became less motivated to do that.

Don’t really care for dungeons. Never have, any game. Too much pressure, drama, Gordon Gekko, Starbelly Sneetches for my taste.

So I just do my dailies and my 5 world events.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

About the same, which is none at all, really.
I tried logging in to see if I could enjoy the game. As nice as the dye and wardrobe system is, I just couldn’t find anything to do in the game that I found enjoyable.

Posted by: Peacenote.1698

Peacenote.1698

The megaservers effectively killed any desire I had to even look at PVE. I would say maybe I’ll keep doing WvW, but that’s gotten pretty dull for me. Chances are I’ll just log on for scheduled guild RP (since any other RP is out the window now) until we collectively decide to leave for another game.

I think you have most closely expressed how I feel. sPvP is (currently) ruined, which I loved, and the megaservers have ruined PvE. I was just starting to get into WvW but if the other modes are a bore that won’t hold me. I don’t RP but my friends and I are talking ESO. Not because it’s any better, but because, if GW2 stops delivering on what we enjoyed, we might as well experience other games for variety.

Fix megaserver. Fix dailies. Fix world boss schedules. And fix townclothes (not because I bought them, but because it’s another “controlling” change.) Otherwise…I’ll be spending my time (and $$$) elsewhere.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I want to keep playing the same, yet the game seems to not wanting me to, with the new World Bosses and PvE Nerfs, i am demotivated to keep playing the same amount of time.

I was just fine before the patch, i don’t want cute skins, i want my World Bosses back, there was nothing wrong with them before. There is no PvE player that can be happy about this patch, unless they decided to go play different things as PvP / Dungeons.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

SO they killed the champ trains , the bosses and the dailies. Will you be playing less now ?

No.

Never did the champ train and i will never do , i dont get what you mean with bosses and i still get my dailys/laures every day, so with dailys killed i also dont know what you mean.

My playtime i enjoy mostly in wvw and dungeons , now even a bit more in spvp with the new rewards system and i still have a ranger to lvl up , so yeah more then enough to do….oh yeah and by the way saving for legendary nr.3 (so much money inc with just doing what i like , ty anet)

ps: the only game i would realy like to play and would take me away from gw2 is blade & soul , but that is not available in EU

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

Luckily i mapped the world one last time before patch to say goodbye. I had hoped but sure enough – everythings the same but worse.
Nothing really changed at all except now i can’t understand half the people talking and the awesome rp that i stumbled over once in a while is shot to heck by trolls.
Oh – and the lag…the kitten lag…

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

Currently looking into playing different games. May return back to LoL or even give ESO a go now that GW2 has made it easier for me to decide.

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This patch/update doesn’t add anything for me nor does it address any of my concerns with the game. Then again it does not adversely affect me directly either. It does discourage me from spending money on the game. Though I have not personally purchased town clothes in the past I find ANet’s treatment of that system to discourage spending on my part.

So, no this patch will not lead to my playing less. But it does discourage me from spending.

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

I already quit Guild Wars 2

Playing Wildstar beta weekends, I found new home, I’m hooked.

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

I will still be logging on into the game the same amount of time. But as with the word “play” more?…..i am not too sure, but I will be standing around more often. Is that considered “playing”?

Posted by: Gwen.7981

Gwen.7981

I was doing Queensdale Champ Train with lots of people last night. The nerf certainly didn’t deter people on my server. I will be playing the same amount.

What was the nerf? I’ve heard about it but haven’t looked into the details.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Nope, I’ll be playing the same amount. I’ve had a positive experience overall.

I was doing Queensdale Champ Train with lots of people last night. The nerf certainly didn’t deter people on my server. I will be playing the same amount.

What was the nerf? I’ve heard about it but haven’t looked into the details.

Spider and bandit are now veterans. The champ boxes now drop less money than they used to.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Now that they nerfed 8v8 sPvP down to 5v5?

…already left my guild.

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

It’s pretty sad if you consider grinding and doing dailies “playing” the game.

I know right?! I’m not sure if I find it incredulous that people enjoy doing that for fun or that I’m envious of them that mindless grinding is fun.

Posted by: Robert.3972

Robert.3972

I haven’t logged in to play since a couple of hours after the patch (And the disappointment I felt with the new trait-system, regardless of how others view it.). I am/was a new player, so I had no 80s and with the new system, I never will. I have already stopped playing, though I sincerely liked the game, barring a few things (but who is ever completely satisfied with everything?). But the emotional letdown after liking the pre-patch system so much, killed it for me.

Not sure if I’ll go ESO, but I’m reading up on new MMOs and will pick one to join, shortly.. That’s when I’ll stop posting here as well..

- And no, I’m not rage-quitting per say. I already felt somewhat disappointed with the limited character development (though the rest of the game made up for it), as I leveled and since I had a hard time finding the profession that suited me, I spent most of my time at the bottom levels.

Now though, the rest of the game no longer makes up for the inability of the leveling-experience to captivate me, since it has become so much worse than before, in my personal opinion. And thus, naturally, I’ve begun looking for somewhere else to spend my time and money..

But I’m happy to hear, that so many like the changes.. They’re just not for me.

Have a good one.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Robert, at least you’re being reasonable about it all. Good luck and have fun with whatever you find.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

Already playing less OP. Not because of the champ train etc. but because there is nothing for me to do. The patch provided polish and features, some of them should be already available in the first place (acc bound dyes) and fixed the nonsetical way transmuting worked. Thats all cool and fine, but what about it? Am I going to enjoy a dungeon run I did a million times already more because of a new shiny dye? How much content can I expect for having now twilight on my www guard, not just pve warrior? Than we have the nerfs, all that anet achieved was decreasing overall damage output b x% and thats it…oh god how much i love this new and fresh meta while the freaking inabillity to use condition damage in pve is completely unanswered AGAIN.
Yes, I will play a lot less, yesterday I actually missed my dailies because because I got caught in a different game.

banished from time and space

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Probably about the same as before, but with map chat now permanently switched off. Megaservers has basically destroyed the community on Piken Square with the general conversation in Queensdale this morning consisting of homophobic slurs, 4chan-style trolling, foul language and casual racism. Thanks a lot, Anet.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Code.8615

Code.8615

I noticed none of that on PS at all.
Not anymore than usual anyway.
Curious.

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Curious.

It was pretty much like that half an hour ago before I logged off. I think it had started off with a row over the train. Either way, I won’t be wasting any more time with map chat except in WvW.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Myrnar.7960

Myrnar.7960

Worst patch ever!

Didn`t play much before patch, but after….GAME OVER

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

Well considering that after the patch my reaction can be summed up as: dear God, it’s on fire….

The megaserver system just doesn’t work with the way this game was designed it creates too many problems all the while fixing 1 or two. Doing open world pve content outside levelling in low pop areas is nothing but a chore now :<

Plus i’ll be playing less just by the virtue of my computer not being able to support the way larger population on some maps. Playing at 3 fps is not my definition of fun. Also the particle effects rave party obscuring everything. Or the fact i can’t get in the same instance even with ppl i partied with. Or the language problems. Or the reduced amount of world bosses. Or the fact that organizing tequatl/wurm is very difficult/ near impossible right now. etc etc. Hell look at the second picture to get how my game looks like in order to play with a semblence of fps….7 fps mind you and i have everything on the lowest possible setting, including showing ppl on screen in case you are wondering why there so few ppl on screen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zuul Nekrazh.1905

Zuul Nekrazh.1905

Aye, I’ll be playing less GW2.

I’ve recently picked up drawing fantasy/sci-fic/horror/etc etc again after having a year-long “artblock”, which some of us hobby artists can get struck with now and then. Dark Souls 2 PC Edition will also be released the 25th so I’ve already ordered a copy together with the previous titles. I was pleasantly surprised when a few in-game friends mentioned they also shared my interest in the “Souls”-lore/universe so we’ll probably jump over there.

GW2 has been pleasant enough, but these changes are not for me and I’m doubtful that it will make me find “that” Guild which I’ve been searching around for since Dec’ 2012. So all in all, I’m not going to set myself up for more dissapointment, the list of dead/dying/apathic/drama Guilds I’ve cycled through is already quite extensive. Maybe I’ve just been “unlucky”, but I’ll ponder no more on it since it will do me no good.

This post was left by an educated Charr.
- Zuul Grimtooth

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have been playing GW2 since launch with just a few minor breaks, but although there is some good stuff in the new feature patch, there are also a lot of new obstacles to playing how you want to play. Also, its a sign of things to come…

No doubt there will be new traits, adept and master, also new untility and elite skills. But its hard to look forward to them now. They will cost a fortune to unlock across 8 characters or require you repeating the same thing 8 times in a row mindlessly. I dread what you will after do to unlock a new elite skill, probably need a successful 3 headed wurm kill or something similar.

I have always wanted a expansion with new character classes but would I be able to level that new character class to level 80 and unlock all the traits? It would be more expansive or take more time than levelling all my previous 8×80′s put together. So I no longer look forward to a expansion.

Finally, I can no longer do world bosses at times to suit myself, I would need to change my personal life to fit around GW2 to do them, no thanks, not going to happen!

So this feature patch looks like a good time to call it quits with GW2 and move onto something else and no you can’t have any of my equipment, because that would go against Anets policy of making you grind your kitten off…

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish…

Posted by: Code.8615

Code.8615

Curious.

It was pretty much like that half an hour ago before I logged off. I think it had started off with a row over the train. Either way, I won’t be wasting any more time with map chat except in WvW.

Oooof course it was another train argument.
God forbid someone’s ever not picking fights over those. :P

I’d say give it some time though.
People have been stuck in their usual way of playing.
Nerfing the train and suddenly having a bunch more people per map is bound to create some friction while everyone figures out a more convenient way to do the same thing over and over and over again.

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Last time I logged into GW2 was on patch day (night) to check out the new features.

Fiddeling around with those skins and so on, I then realized that I expected updates likes these the whole time since release and got that weird feeling being still a beta-player as Anet adds/delets/changes features as the wind blows.

Adding to this, I am really getting sick of that “Oh, you didnt use that item? Well shame on you, it was announced [somewhere except the news and announcement forum], now deal with it.” -attitude.

In the end that patch just added stuff that everyone with some kind of basic game design knowledge would have pointed out since day 1.

I mean…a wardrobe system in an MMO of 2014? uh, what innovation!!!!!!!!

Uuuh….account wide WXP 8respectively karma)? man, that so genious I understand why it took years to get to this conclusion .

Yeah, new traits and aquiring system. Thats soooo exciting and refresing because those were features that didnt seem at all unfinised.

And better now than never, after that “year of polishing and bugfixing the core game”, as that PR machine said.

The only good trend I hope I recognize is that Anet seems to aknowledge that not everything we loved from GW1 must be excluded from GW2.

This won’t end well…

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I’ll probably be playing about the same.

I have no choice, as it’s not the patch that determines my play time, it’s real life.

As for my opinion of the patch, I am going to wait and see what it’s like a month from now when the “new” wears off.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Areoh.7495

Areoh.7495

Yes.

I only log on to play WvW or sPvP and even those have started to become boring. There’s just nothing to do at this point.

Same, been nerfed kitten my tanky Guardian and my motivation is….. low

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Yesterday was the first day in at least 6-8 months that I didn’t log in. I quit day of feature patch after finding out how neutered by power necro was and tried again the next day in sPvP and was welcomed by condi cheese and nothing else, then promptly logged back out. I didn’t log in at all yesterday and felt no desire to. I’ve been running with the same 5-6 people in WvW for the past 6 or 7 months and it sucks to have to leave them but there is really no point in playing anymore if you don’t enjoy spamming conditions.

CD

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

Like some of the stuff they did with it, like acct-wide dyes and skins, can’t stand some of the stuff like the screwing over on the transmute stone exchange rate and Anet basically trying to force people (by gutting the daily selections) into play modes they might not want.

(edited by Lyssan.3768)

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

Probably won’t play any less since i only average a few minutes per week.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m actually playing more, having taken quite a long break from the game. I still find myself bored most of the time, but I am enjoying relearning and adapting to the changes implemented with this patch…

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Babirusa.2310

Babirusa.2310

Me – no longer playing, looking into wildstar after new patch wrecked the things I enjoyed ingame.
RL mate #1 – no longer playing, prefers SWTOR to new patch GW2.
RL mate #2 – no longer playing, trying ESO after new patch trait system made his levelling dull.
RL mate #3 – was going to join us on GW2, now playing ESO instead since we don’t play.
Several ingame mates – no longer playing and playing less in varying degrees.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I tempted by ESO but after the whole swtor debacle, I don’t think mmos are a future plan.

I main a guard… this update gave us nothing and made pvp a condi nightmare.

Posted by: Cercie.1025

Cercie.1025

I love playing with my guild, but it’s the only thing keeping me playing now. I started on TC because of the general nicer community thats associated with rp servers, but now with the megaserver, the toxicity of the community is just depressing. I play GW2 to relax and get away from real life drama. Now I have to deal with even more of it just playing the game. As much as I like some of the new features, I’m pretty much just waiting for something better to come along now. For me community is important, and the way it’s dissolving isn’t very hopeful.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Play time is dwindling anyhow as there is nothing left to do in the game other than boring dying world story releases. After the shaft on town clothes I won;t be buying any more gems either.

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

To be honest, I like this update better than all of the living story added together and multiplied by 1000.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Same/greater amount of time.

I suppose you were expecting a lot of sympathizers, eh?

Posted by: Orion Magus.5348

Orion Magus.5348

Unsure if I will be playing more or not. Since I run rampager gear on my staff Mesmer (I know, I’m terrible at this game) I haven’t really felt a nerf, if anything the gap between my dps and berserkers has shrunk considerably so it’s almost a buff for me. Also, I love me some alts and the account bound everything is awesome.

The only downside is it feels like the amount of grind to acquire things in this game just keeps going up. Gold comes less easily and prices are skyrocketing on the AH. These black lion ticket things offer some nice gear but take forever to find. Still working on fractal gear and the ascended gear that is out as well as having more ascended stuff coming down the pipe. A legendary is still never going to happen for me at this rate.

It feels that every time I find a good way to earn stuff in the game it gets nerfed the next patch. Meh, guess I’ll stick with it for now but not sure for how much longer.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Less actually the reasons why:

1) rp is ruined for good. we are all separated and trolls are here to stay.
2) way too much more people in areas so I will lag more and not able to play at all.
3) I did champ train not for gold, but to get mats for my Crafting and getting to 500. So with that ruined in Frostgorge, i’m out of ways to get mats for my crafts. I make money by selling stuff not grinding events/champions. So I’m a TP player/trader/flipper. We all know the TP is actually a economy balance mechanism not something that adds more gold to the world so I never really added inflation.
4) The nerf to dungeons will make it impossible to get dungeon stories done for my alts. Story mode is useless enough to the elitists/dungeon farmers. Now its even worse for people like me and casuals/noobs!
5) Town clothes are ruined, thus another part of our RP is kittened on.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)