Will You Be Playing GW2 Less Post Patch ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

less, i dont like the LS and i was enjoying pvp and zerk speed running dungeons. 8 zerk chars nerfed, pvp and pve basically merged and have to swap pvp weps back to pve when i wanna do one or the other. i hate the wardrobe system, new traiting, and the nerf to none lvl 80s. i am probably the minority but this change was bad for me and pushed me far away.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

SO they killed the champ trains , the bosses and the dailies. Will you be playing less now ?

Yes

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

As of right now I am playing the same amount I did before the patch, but the more I think about what has changed in this patch, the more I look at other games.

I don’t think I am part of the target audience anymore, and that is making me lose interest in the game.

As of right now GWII is still the best MMO currently on the market, and there is a ton of features, content and systems that will be extremely hard for me to play without, but the changes to PvP are absolutely horrible:

1). They removed one of my favourite maps for no reason at all.
2). They stripped all of my characters of their PvP armour that I have worked on, and not only are they charging me to get back those skins, but they are also forcing me to level up those characters in order to get shoulderpads and helms, since those are not sold by the vendor.
3). They have made ranks even less prestigious.
4). I can no longer gain all the skins I wanted, through PvP.
5). They removed the PvP skins such as the Tribal armour.

I will continue playing for now, but I don’t know how much more I will be supporting the game.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

(edited by Naus the Gobbo.5172)

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Not less, but not more.

The features we got are nice and all (though not the ones I wanted). But ok, I’ve familiarized myself with the changes. I’ve re-dyed. I’ve changed a couple of builds. But ultimately there isn’t anything new to do. Just same old same old. There are the new traits and I haven’t gone hunting for those yet. I will, just haven’t gotten around to it. But that’s just killing the same bosses we’ve been killing the past couple years. We may have a new reason to do it, but the content itself isn’t new.

I want new lands, new challenges, exploring, events, story, etc (NOT more levels / gear tiers). That’s the sort of thing that makes me actually look forward to logging on rather than “eh, I guess I’ll see if I can grind out my daily”.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Torady.3907

Torady.3907

New things for guilds !! please !!!

[HoTs]Ms Judgement

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

Until a better MMO comes out, which will be in a few months, yea I will.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Definitely. Megaservers aren’t working as promised, in fact, nothing is working at all, and instead of a fix we get a stupid option that is activated by default without the majority even knowing, that simply brings more problems than it solves.

I am a German player, I use German as my client’s default language, but I am NOT afraid of, nor to I refuse to speak English in the open chats. I even LOVE to do so, but thanks to that stupid option switched on by default I am simply ignored because no one who uses an English client can actually read my postings in the chat.

That, on top of all finally ruined all the fun for me. Of what worth are all my fancy skins if I can’t do more with them than standing around somewhere? There’s not even any RP left to keep me logging in.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

More, actually.

After having stopped for almost a year, the new patch has gotten me interested again. “Collecting” weapon/armor skins and dyes is a great motivator; I find myself actually caring about hearts and going back to see if the karma vendor has anything unique I can pick up, which is pretty neat.

After being a perpetual PvE-er since the launch of GW1, I’ve also surprised myself by having a blast playing PvP for the first time thanks to changes the past few months and with this patch.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

As of right now GWII is still the best MMO currently on the market

Mostly because its Buy to Play ( i would tend to say hardly cash shop oriented ), and also because we dont have access to somes asian mmo right away.

like Blade and Soul hold as hostage by NCsoft since more than 2years , and btw it might look like only big boobies girl, but the fight in that game are waaaaaay more interesting than the GW2 ones.
Arche Age : you can only play it on russian server with a english patch
Black Desert : who know how in how many years we are going to have it…

Intead western market only Pay 2 play + random wow clone like Wild Star… + somes old asian grindfest trash mmo. Yeah choice is quite poor so GW2 remain the “only” viable mmo despite ALL the issue… (imho caused by quite terrible game management)
( And, make FFXIV online + TESO + wildstar as B2P like GW2 not sure it will remain the “best mmo currently” )

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

(edited by E Tan.7385)

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

SO they killed the champ trains , the bosses and the dailies. Will you be playing less now ?

Well, the champ trains are kind of replaced by the 15 minutes each hop “world boss zergfest train”. I tried that (so I played more than before the patch) a few hours, but it gets boring (quite fast), like the champ trains so I will play less.

greetings.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

Went back to WoW. I have a lot more to do over there even with no new content being released till the winter. Probably because all additional content GW2 ever had got taken away within a month of implementing it.

/shrug

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

Much less for me. Since the patch, I’ve logged in a few times to set wardrobe, traits, etc. but just don’t have the desire to play due to all of the nerfs to my playstyle. I used to champ train a lot for leveling purposes. It now takes longer, for slower leveling. Less of a reason to level an alt. I’ve been working on ascended items. The nerf to the train means it’ll take longer to get bloodstone. The world boss change means it’ll take me longer to get dragonite ore. Empyreal frags which, to me, were the most boring part of ascended farming, didn’t get any better. I can live with those changes because I never thought the champ train was the intended way to play and the world boss change seems a bit reasonable given their stated reasons behind the change. What has put it over the top for me, though, was the daily nerf. I’ve never been an AP hunter. When I logged in, if I had a little bit of time, I’d do the 5 to get my laurel. When I had more time, I’d do more. The idea of “choice” was a good one to me. With that nerf, I have less choice. I’ve tried pvp and wvw and don’t enjoy them. I won’t do them for the dailies. The pve dailies now remove pretty much all choice from me and I’m required to do the ones that take longer. When I don’t have the time, which is the days I work, there’s now no point for me to log in. So I haven’t been. On the days I don’t work, there’s now less reason for me to log in since I know that my goals have been pushed back so significantly. I don’t expect to be playing much, if at all, until they change the dailies and give us choice again. I know ANet doesn’t really care about a small subsect of the player base, such as mine, but they’ll see money lost due to changes like this.

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Logged in once on patch day to check it out and haven’t logged back in since. Got a humongous laugh out of it. When are these guys going to quit screwing around with existing features and trying to pass it off as content?

I don’t play MMO’s to collect dyes and every skin in game, just the ones I like. Meh….I’m not even going to get into anything else about it. I don’t care. I’m in AA alpha and WS beta. Both are far superior games. I’m happy.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

no

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Nope this patch is the very reason why I returned to the game. They are on the path in the right direction on this one and no amount of complaining from the niche hardcore crowd or the zerker cookie cutter crowd is going to change it for me.

Have to laugh at the people who say they are going to other games. Here’s a statement some of you told us casuals back when they made the announcement for fractals “This game isn’t for you” and I have to wonder about those who don’t even try the patch who are happy in other games but come here and complain, at least download the thing. I got interested because of the patch note announcements and the videos, the least you could do is try it out, it is free you know, WoW is not.

It’s not everything they should be fixing but it’s a great first step.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Yeah, I’ll be playing less. Ranger is still handicapped by the pet.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

As of right now GWII is still the best MMO currently on the market

Mostly because its Buy to Play ( i would tend to say hardly cash shop oriented ), and also because we dont have access to somes asian mmo right away.

like Blade and Soul hold as hostage by NCsoft since more than 2years , and btw it might look like only big boobies girl, but the fight in that game are waaaaaay more interesting than the GW2 ones.
Arche Age : you can only play it on russian server with a english patch
Black Desert : who know how in how many years we are going to have it…

Intead western market only Pay 2 play + random wow clone like Wild Star… + somes old asian grindfest trash mmo. Yeah choice is quite poor so GW2 remain the “only” viable mmo despite ALL the issue… (imho caused by quite terrible game management)
( And, make FFXIV online + TESO + wildstar as B2P like GW2 not sure it will remain the “best mmo currently” )

Archeage is currently being localized and will be available in NA and EU in a few months. I’m going to play that.

Also I’m gonna be playing less because my main is mesmer and Anet managed to kitten every mesmer ingame off.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

A simple no!

Will be playing the War in Kryta Event from GW1 again. -.-

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

Quick answer to the OP: Yes.

Posted by: mythil.9416

mythil.9416

I will be playing much less. The fact that everything is too easy now (seriously we can faceroll a dungeon in no time) plus the fact that everyone is so botched with no new content, much, much less.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

Yes. Because I used to do the daily PvE only, but now there’s nothing to chose from. It’s only 5 PvE only requirements and some of them cannot be done in the limited time I have after a day of hard labor (lol!) and my social life at evening.

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I imagine they’ll have way more people playing more.

A few are going to get their stink on about some change but it is absolutely impossible to not have that happen.

It was a solid patch. Obviously there wasn’t content… it wasn’t a content patch.

But what they did do is start to make multiple characters FUN, with account dye, and account warddrobe. Now I don’t feel like I have one main, but that the whole roster is worth experimenting with.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It’s hard to say at this point. As is, it honestly doesn’t feel like much has changed, so technically I don’t see myself playing any less.

The one thing I’ve been looking forward to has proved to be a let-down though. The wardrobe changes have done more harm than good (increased transmutation cost for lowbies, wonky item naming), and I’m still not able to switch around my characters skins for free, essentially the only feature I want out of a wardrobe..

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

World boss works just fine, I never did champ train very much to begin with, and dailies are better now. All my opinions but it doesn’t change how I play anything. I do sPVP more now because of those reward tracks.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I’ll be playing the same amount., maybe different things. Like more sPvP and WvW. At least till the session ends. Normally I did dailies and dungeons with a bit of map completion. Now I only have 3 zones left to do. The update has given me more things to do.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: wizzy.6871

wizzy.6871

Nope. I wasnt playing much before patch, since I got new job. But I could always find a few hours to do world bosses and dailies. Now I wont be able to do half of the bosses I used to, and I wont finish some achievements / new characters I was planning to, since it is pain to do that.
Dont get me wrong, I had lots of fun in gw2. I’m a collector, so I have all dyes, almost all minis (excluding gw1 ones), all achievements from past living stories, lots of skins and I was going to do more legendaries, but the current course this game is taking is something I cant relate to :/

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

I used to play daily, averaging 4-5 hrs a day. Then the content patches stopped and I got tired of making friends over and over, only to lose them when they left the game, so stopped putting effort to it.

I log in an average of 1-3 times a week now, and trying to figure out the real long-term impact of playing this game is now. I used to pay 30-50$ a month on gems and to help support the game, but I really dislike what they’ve done with the wardrobe feature now. Short-term it has most people happy. Wait for the long-term when everyone’s supply of charges run out and they put armor sets out on the gem shop faster than you can shake a stick at. Not to mention the cost of extractors if you want those 10-20 gold runes and sigils back out of your armor.

Oddly I was happy to pay 30-50$ a month when it was up to me how to spend my cash. Now, it’s upsetting because I feel like I’m being “gated” to spend my cash this way now, if I want to change my character’s looks often.

I already have 2 backpacks and several bank slots filled with transmuted looks gear. That’s so I don’t have to pay each time to change an outfit, which in turn makes ascended gear worthless to me since I only have one set to skin. I’ll be darned if I’m going to pay to re-skin it several times a week.

This patch essentially just put the nail in the coffin for me. It was a good run and the money I did spend through the last nearly two years was worth the entertainment value I got in return. I don’t like the direction the game is going anymore. But that’s the nature of F2P games in that maybe 30% of the population even pays real cash to play, while the other 70% just have a free ride – and that causes the devs to have to do something drastic. Like this wardrobe stuff.

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Ever since the patch i’ve been in Orr everyday with a ton of people doing group events and having a blast like the game was at release. I’ve been lvl 80 for a year with all the gear and weapons i want. I login to find a ton of players everywhere to play with. No more ghost town. I have close to 50 extra skill pts with nothing to spend them on. I have nothing to unlock. The gm traits just don’t look like they are worth buying and if i come across the event for them i might do that but no hurry on it. So now i think i’ll work on map completion. But yeah i’m loving the megaserver.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Yes, I don’t think I’ll play anymore.

This patch was honestly the last straw. I didn’t play much at all before the patch either. I hopped on my main character just to see the changes, and I hated all of the changes. I played for about half an hour and I found myself wishing that I was at work, scrubbing grease off of the floor and washing dumpsters. I can honestly say that I’ve never played a game that gave me thoughts like that. Everything that Anet does in this game is such an obvious cash grab, that I can no longer bare to play it.

Good luck and have fun to all the people that still enjoy this game. Goodbye!

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

so far on forums.people complaining and trying else who enjoy the game to quit it.i understand that for some the game is not for you and you should play something else but the whole persuation opening thread is don’t know what to call it.good luck on tor or eso or wildstar or whatever.playing something you enjoy is good for you and hope you will enjoy those games.myself having tried them will just stick to gw2 and wow.but that’s only my opinion i’m not gonna make you believe it.so just do the same

good luck everyone who are gonna abandon the game
maybe one day our roads will cross paths again

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]