Will old content ever be improved?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

Hi,

I am wondering if can we expect improvements and changes in content that is available – for example – existing mobs get new skills, we get new types of them (troll berserker, troll shaman, troll mage, troll hunter, etc.) and we get them placed in maps in a completely new way so we don’t fight one at a time but whole groups. Will their AI could also be improved so mentioned troll hunter will place trap and position himself near it, shaman heal companions, mage CC us.

Will new events be added or maybe new type of activity like chains of quests that can be done only once per character but are rich in story and reveal as much lore as possible (and are long) like we walk with researcher in ruins who study them, who have conversation with us all the time about history. These quest could not involve combat at all. Maybe more puzzles, riddles, more wandering, exploring.

Will Big Bosses be revamped? Today Shadow Behemoth roared once and died. I just stood and auto-attacked him. I know that this is known issue but I have a feeling that we will get new bosses and old will remain dull. Hope I’m wrong!

TL;DR:
Will old/existing content be expanded with new, fresh stuff? I do mean that new mobs also should be introduced, new activities brought in so we can longer enjoy being on one map.
Is it in works? Should it be in works?

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

They’ve said a few times that the world over all will change, certain zones may get destroyed, or altered via building, major events, etc. New zones will of course be coming, and also new events probably across the board for all of the above.

I don’t know about world bosses, I’m assuming probably at some point.

Old zones will also be part of what gets altered over time when they get to it in the living story though. I think it was the EUROgamer interview a few weeks ago where they (ArenaNet) talked a little bit about this stuff, but they have talked about it several times in the past. Orr is one example, it’s already undergone a moderate adjustment…But it’s supposedly due for a revamp, and now that certain events have come to pass in the story timeline we can only guess how it may change : )

They’re also working on re-vamping old dungeons. I’m too lazy to find and quote all of Colin’s responses to questions such as these, they’re all over the forums though. <3

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Reportedly, we will see a rewards revamp late this summer. As part of that, loot from Champions will be upgraded, and/or players will be able to trade the merchant fodder greens and blues that drop for something not yet identified. Colin referred to the event scaling system as providing “Champions on demand” once this update hits.

If this happens, and if it is successful, we might see the scaling and rewards propagate downward through the other zones.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Plain & simple, no.
Yes they keep telling us how there are lots of people still working in Anet and those 4 Living Story teams are just there for our amusement so that the rest can work on the game.
But I´m skeptical.
Especially with NCSoft breathing down their neck mumbling the “E” word (rhymes with Mansion).

I was hoping they would be smart and start using the Living Story teams to cunningly rework existing dungeons, but the last two didn´t inspire much optimism in that regard.

Colins blog is coming some time this decade and hopefully will shed some actual light on this.

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

loot from Champions will be upgraded

It already has been upgraded. Back in November, guaranteed loot was given from champions and veterans, and made so that they are worth fighting over normal mobs.

Yet despite that firm promise, nothing changed. And then they said they identified the problem and fixed it, except nothing changed. Fortunately, we only have to kill champions for an additional 2 months, on top of the 10 months already played, before we can begin to get something somewhat more worthwhile.

My time feels very respected.