Will we ever get a REAL leather solution?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

The precious farm in Lake Doric didn’t lower leather prices and it’s annoying to farm it, it’s easier to farm gold elsewhere and buy the leather. It was dirt cheap before Anet changed the drop rates (or whatever black magic they used) and now it’s too expensive. Can’t we just have something in-between these 2 extremes? Is it that hard to manipulate leather again? They did it once, why keep it overly expensive?

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The world wonders.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The precious farm in Lake Doric didn’t lower leather prices and it’s annoying to farm it, it’s easier to farm gold elsewhere and buy the leather. It was dirt cheap before Anet changed the drop rates (or whatever black magic they used) and now it’s too expensive. Can’t we just have something in-between these 2 extremes? Is it that hard to manipulate leather again? They did it once, why keep it overly expensive?

This is Anet’s official position on manipulating the economy:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Update-on-the-Economy/6354994

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prices are not going to lower from it if players don’t do it. The entire purpose was to give players the means to control the prices which they did. Whether or not players did that was on the players.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

That’s so sad. They should have kept leather cheap. Gotta love that they messed up the leather prices and now they are like “we won’t do anything anymore”. Thanks a lot, really. lol.

(edited by Mea.5491)

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Will we get a real solution to it? Not likely at this point. A farm for it, however slow, means that any actual fix (which would involve addressing the recipes themselves) would likely be too much, especially since with less leather needed, the effective rate of gathering leather from existing farms speeds up, since you’d need less leather to craft the same items.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Prices are not going to lower from it if players don’t do it. The entire purpose was to give players the means to control the prices which they did. Whether or not players did that was on the players.

No, that wasn’t the purpose of the farm. The farm was intended to give people a way of getting their own leather.

Anyway, apart from possible crafting changes with the next expansion I doubt they’ll “fix” anything.

Posted by: Rikkagin.9472

Rikkagin.9472

I would like a way to farm (gather) leather rather than a leather farm (grind).

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No, that wasn’t the purpose of the farm. The farm was intended to give people a way of getting their own leather.

Anyway, apart from possible crafting changes with the next expansion I doubt they’ll “fix” anything.

No it wasn’t or at least not entirely.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Can’t we just have something in-between these 2 extremes?

No. Anet is institutionally unable to finetune anything, except maybe by accident. If they ever decide to do something about it again, expect it to either:
1. do nothing, or
2. be done by the way of a heavy-handed hammer approach, thus either overtuning it by a mile, or breaking something else in the process (or both).

Prices are not going to lower from it if players don’t do it.

Any design that assumes that a multitude of players will do something at a personal loss as a service to the rest of the community is flawed and bound to fail.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: BloodyPanda.6789

BloodyPanda.6789

During the recent wvw patch, Killing a Charr player will guarantee leather drop

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

It’s solved my problem. I have enough leather for a while. When I get low I’ll go back there and farm more.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

During the recent wvw patch, Killing a Charr player will guarantee leather drop

And the only thing PvE farmers need to do is wait behind 150 people in queue for 2 hours!

(also the guaranteed leather drop has a 0.000001% guaranteed chance to drop)

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s solved my problem. I have enough leather for a while. When I get low I’ll go back there and farm more.

I’ll be honest, This is quite true for me too. Not to mention all the leather you get from simply doing events in the new maps really.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

While not as extreme leather, wasn’t there a similar problem with silk and other cloths a couple of years ago.

How did that situation get turned around?

I could be wrong , but I don’t remember anything special being done. Market demand and supply just slowly evened out.

Most cloths are dirt cheap compared to that time.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

While not as extreme leather, wasn’t there a similar problem with silk and other cloths a couple of years ago.

How did that situation get turned around?

I could be wrong , but I don’t remember anything special being done. Market demand and supply just slowly evened out.

Most cloths are dirt cheap compared to that time.

I’m fairly certain that silk became cheap (gossamer has been dirt cheap since ascended has been added to the game) not because they touched silk, but because of how they treated leather. Before the main cost of Ascended armor was getting silk because it was used in every time of armor. Since they added on needing a ton of leather (why a Damask patch requires more leather than damask, who knows), leather has become the limiting factor and therefore everyone has more cloth than leather so cloth became cheap.

If Anet touched the recipes and removed leather from patches, you’d probably notice cloth rise in price because it will become the limiting factor again.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

No need for that.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

They just need to add more chance for T6 leather to be salvaged from armor.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

They just need to add more chance for T6 leather to be salvaged from armor.

And bump the salvage rate 3x on synthesizers. The drop rates are absolutely ridiculous compared to ore/lumber synthesizers frequently giving out ancient/ori.

But considering Anet has done nothing, they want this. Doesnt help what we say.