Will you ever get your legendary?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I’m on my third legendary at the moment. i don’t really play the game anymore. I suggest making super super long term future investment on one particular item once you’ve got the hang of it. If you hold onto it long enough, with the huge fluctuations in the economy due to Anet constant content updates, you’ll hit jackpot soon.

However, in terms of gold earnt for those legendaries, it’s a bit of everything. I admit I did had to farm part of it, but for the most part, I just played the game and casual tping back in the days.

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Price for a legendary was 400$ 2 month ago, now barely 200$ on e-shop.

Gold price completly crashed because of crown pavillon if you know what i mean.

Now Everybody has a legendary Or everybody just left the game and demand crashed.

Both sucks anyway.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

Lafiel.9372

Now Everybody has a legendary Or everybody just left the game and demand crashed.

Both sucks anyway.

mm? Hasn’t precursor price shot up for almost every single precursor in the last month?

playandchill.3908

Both sucks anyway.

mm? Hasn’t precursor price shot up for almost every single precursor in the last month?

Yeah they cost you way more gold. But man gold value decreased by 75% over the last 2 month ( Went From 0,20$ per gold to 0,12$).

Again it decreases because of Anet’s stupid choice to make zerg/farm in PVE. (+ they dont ban bot and believe me on this.)

Pathetic.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

Lafiel.9372

Oh you meant buying it with “real” money. I get you then.

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Not unless they fix them on engies that use kits, why would I make a weapon that is for skin only that I will seldom if ever see?

ANET please make legendary kits

playandchill.3908

Yeah was talking about this sry Lafiel xD.

Economy is so kittening broken. It takes you aaaaaaaage to make a legit legendary (if you farm + get precursor trought mystic toilet). Dont have any numbers but i guess it’s around 1000h per legendary, could be more.

While a random kid can buy it for 200$….

PvP is a disaster and a shame, WvW is a mingame that dont bring $ for Anet so completly ignored and now economy is broken because gold worth nothing.

After 1 year.

GG.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I made meterologicus a while back. I found the whole ordeal a horrible experience and it is definitely something I will not repeat. 1st there was absolutely nothing fun about it….2nd the rng of the precursors left me beyond bitter, 3rd buying the end all be all weapons is pitiful design. I felt slimy that I was buying my precursor, that I couldn’t earn it outright. There is a major difference between making/earning something and just buying it. The latter just killed the whole deal for me.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Yes. The reason? I already have one. I called it “the poor man’s legendary”, because I had the skill points required and I completed the full world explore as soon as I started playing out of curiosity. I made The quip. Cost me about 500 gold in total probably. I never believed that I could make it, but I set my sights on it and by the end of the summer I had it.
Now I want Meterologicus. Still have one gift of exploration and gift of battle left. This time it will be slower. I know it. Mostly because a) I have university now so I can not spend as much time on it b) karma nerf. However if I made there the first time I can make it to there again.
Now if I would ever want a third one? Probably not. Reason? I would not want to bother getting the full map explore again.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Nah, probably not, unless they truly offer nothing for a long time after Ascended armor that uses tier 6 mats and the collection builds up again.

But when Ascended weapons came out I opted to sell off/use some of my collected materials (all I was really missing was Precursor and finishing Orr runs) because I really wasn’t fond of Bifrost for my character. Nothing against the skin, I just saw it was not worth it. The chance of me changing my weapon stats is very slim so the benefit of switching is low. As opposed to armor where it would be very nice.

Now if I came across the precursor for Meteorologist I would definitely consider working towards that one. But I do mainly use Staff on Ele for the time being.

The individuals that have 3+ Legendaries. I have to give them mad props for their effort. Even if they were just super lucky at the beginning of the game or otherwise to get the precursors. Because I find the whole process overly tedious, even for someone that used to love grinding for things in other games.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Map completion is too hard, so no.

Map comp is a blast the first time you do it without a guide. Each to their own a
I guess, like how I think SAB is the worst piece of content that ever happened to this game.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

Finding it distasteful is different than it actually being difficult, but at this point that’s just semantics.

While some of the skins are nice, I’m still amused that "legendaries" can be bought and sold. I realize that a lot of different gameplay elements are meant to combine into the legendary creation process, but usually when I see folks with one I just assume they’re in-game-rich and draw no other conclusions. That is, I never attribute any sense of awe or skill to the ownership of a weapon skin.

There are other games where certain items at least indicate the completion of some interesting and more difficult content.

I’ll probably get one eventually. While I have done the exploration and gotten badges and have the skill points and so forth to work on other gifts, I am not actively pursuing any of the precursors I think I want. We’ll see if randomly playing ever rewards me with one or if I will have to pony up at the TP or play with the forge.

(edited by synk.6907)

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Map comp is a blast the first time you do it without a guide. Each to their own a
I guess, like how I think SAB is the worst piece of content that ever happened to this game.

I don’t like sab either, you aren’t alone.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I will never have a legendary weapon.

For the people saying there’s nothing legendary about them, well think of it this way. You need a legendary amount of patience and tolerance for the most boring and grindiest aspects of the game.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I got halfway through w2 and decided it was like pulling nails out of planks with my butt.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I got halfway through w2 and decided it was like pulling nails out of planks with my butt.

So hawt <3

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

nah in wvw having a legendary is like having a giant arrow above your head with sign: “I did a lot of pve, please kill!”

Spoken like a true PvP player. Maybe hope is not lost yet…

As for me…

legendaries: naaaah, I don’t play games to farm 2000gold
ascended: naaaah, I don’t play games to farm 70g per gear piece and get time-gated.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

Yes.

I’d work on my second but I can’t stand playing the TP anymore since it just burns me out.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

No, it’s dreadful.

There is nothing fun about earning XP once I’m level 80, there is no fun collecting skill points once I have all the skills, there is no fun getting 2 silver from moronic heart quests, and points of interests and vistas are the equivalent of pulling my own teeth out. Sorry, no, that would actually provoke my senses rather than numbing all of them so that would probably be more fun to do.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

…….

You can finish maps while looking for groups for dungeons, instead of waiting around and doing nothing you can explore, after a while you’ll have explored most of the world the rest isn’t going to be that bad.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Weir.5691

Weir.5691

I want some legendaries but there’s too much farming involved to get materials to craft one. And it’s way to expensive to be worth it, so no, I’m not getting an legendary.
I’m trying towards an ascended instead but kinda hit the hole in the road due to lack of materials.

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Already got it Might go for another sometime

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

No. I have most of what I would need, but they are all just so ugly! I just can’t justify using so many materials on something I would have to re-skin to use.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

At this point if you’re not well on your way and already have the precursor… I would wait for the t6 mats to drop (spiked due to ascended weapons and soon again for ascended armor) and precursor crafting to be introduced.

Personally I have bifrost done and I’m waiting to see what new legendaries they come out with before I make another. I would like a pistol for my eng… but quip isn’t my cup o tea. I want a bad kitten legendary… not a 1,500+ gold joke legendary.

Probably won’t get a 3rd just because map completion is so… kitten… mind numbingly boring…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Posted by: milton.1796

milton.1796

Legendary weapons are ugly and I presume anyone who has them has a bit too much time on their hands and cares too much about material worth.

Most expensive one is currently 3002g and if you convert that into real money that’s probably over £500.

I think I rather spend the time getting £500+ in real life and spending it there not in a computer game and prattling around as if I’m gods gift just because I have a ugly legendary.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I am 100 icy runestones away from one. I actually never planned to get one, but I noticed that my gold after Scarlet event was around 400g. I farmed FG for a few more gold to buy the precursor (first thing I got) via buy order.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Oh kitten no! I have better things to do with my time rather than grind 1000’s of hours for pointless pixels. It’s not even game content! I spend the time composing music, recording and editing. Delving in to my 3D modeling apps, rigging animations, renders. Smashing keys into an code editor, watching the compiler churn out line after line of errors with vague descriptions.

RL seems more interesting than spending countless hours grinding for an item that really every weapon in the game should have looked like. But I guess they cant make good money from this game by making everything look nice, eh? So pony up some more cash and buy those mats! hehe

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well most of the people that are had stopped making their legendary are the ones that saved the precursor for last. Precursors are 1/3 of a legendary most casual player will never make one and are having enough difficulties making ascended weapons. I the only expensive precursor I had to buy was The spark everything else was cheap (25g the bard, 80g the storm, 600g the spark, 5g venom, 220g the legend). Only had 1 precursor drop in WvW, bought 4, and made the legend in one 220g attempt.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

(edited by Ulion.5476)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

The answer is…No, unless someone were to give me one, because I am not trying for one.

If I ever get a precursor (not with my luck) I will sell it.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Yes i need only precusor now.I’m very close to finishing my legendary

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know if I’ll get a third legendary.

Posted by: Oenanthe.6549

Oenanthe.6549

Yes – Eventually.

I will not go out and grind a legendary, but though general play I will explore all the world, gather all the materials, and even do the dungeons to get the tokens.

The difference between me and some of the other players is I don’t care if I get the legendary tomorrow or in five years time it is still something to work towards.

It has taken me a year to get a character to max level, and it took me about 4 years to manage that on WoW (before they wrecked leveling to please those that said it took too long), so I accept taking things slow and I enjoy just playing the game.

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

I remember back when i started playing GW2, I thought I would never even get to be full exotic an now i have 3 world completions and all 4 mainhand legendaries for my mesmer (staff, greatsword, sword and scepter) and I couldn’t be happier now that the grind is over for me.

The grind actually made me a lot more invested into the game and I met my best ingame friends through grinding so it was all so worth it.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Nope because I have no real drive to get one since they’re all hideous.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yeah they all pretty much look very “Toys R Us”.

I presume they can be transmutted, so I’d probably transmute it to a low level skin, if I ever got one.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Will I get my second legendary? Hell yeah. Do, take in consideration that to do that, I will have to plan 3 months ahead of time to:

1) Do champ trains for 2 hours or less
2) Do one Scarlet invasion
3) Do fun stuff or just sell stuff and log out.

In 3 hours of game play i can make between 10-25g including mats that I save for gifts

Don’t expect to get a legendary any time soon by doing things which do not contribute towards it.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Already finished mine. Starting to consider a second hmm…. sunrise or incinerator….

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

None of the current Legendary weapons interest me to the point that I feel like I must make one for a character, so no I don’t,

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

I have the warhorn precursor for months now and I’d have the legendary for a long time if it wasn’t for that dungeon I’d have to run multiple times – I thoroughly dislike doing dungeons. Haven’t even been in most of them.

Posted by: boondocksaint.6529

boondocksaint.6529

Actually ya just got it last night No gems to gold and I purchased the precursor. Took a lot of patience, commitment and a 2 gold loan from my wife to finish off jewelry crafting that I forgot to level. The most difficult part is to not spend gold when you really want something else.

What helped was changing things up every time I played. I never get people who say I am not an XXX type of player. GWs offers so many different things to do. I would run a different dungeon every night, including the non-profitable paths. I would at least try the LS and if I did not like it move on, not come complain on the forums. I spend a few days doing Tequatal and Scarlett, but when that got boring I went to WvW. When that made me frustrated I went to SPvP with some OP build to make myself feel better. I would always do guild missions, unless I did not feel like it. I would switch to different characters and level them up just to change things up.

Point is, I actually enjoyed perusing my legendary because I never sat down and did just one thing, I took in the whole GWs experience. Sure if I farmed I could have done it much faster, but I am here to enjoy the game, both my goals and the journey toward them.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Will I get my second legendary? Hell yeah. Do, take in consideration that to do that, I will have to plan 3 months ahead of time to:

1) Do champ trains for 2 hours or less
2) Do one Scarlet invasion
3) Do fun stuff or just sell stuff and log out.

In 3 hours of game play i can make between 10-25g including mats that I save for gifts

Don’t expect to get a legendary any time soon by doing things which do not contribute towards it.

Don’t want to take it personal against your method. But that is not toward a legendary. That is toward a fat wallet and if you think about it, conceptually, they are both two very different things.

Your method is the clear proof that legendary weapons have nothing legendary after all and are not the reward of someone who did much in the game but rather grind much the same 1 or 2 things.

Again, your method seems pretty effective but it would probably be better if the weapons were attained by doing a variaty of things instead of plain farming.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

we’re all waiting for the precursor crafting to begin

Attachments:

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Depends on if they ever release a Legendary I like. I like a lot of the Legendaries in game, but they just so happen to not be weapons I use (Dagger, Torch) or they have issues with the class I use them on (Flameseeker for my Guardian gets almost the whole skin covered up with Aegis).

For now I will stick with the other skins I like. I have the dragon shield for my guard right now and it’s sweet because the aegis actually lays under the dragon on it. Also, my T3 Charr armor doesn’t clip through it like it does in the preview with Flameseeker. They need to spend one or two of these 2 week updates just fixing and polishing the game. People would be stoked on that.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

we’re all waiting for the precursor crafting to begin

finally, a use for trophy items….

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

I’m not even going to try, I’d rather hoard my gold than waste it on a skin.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I’m not actively trying for a legendary. I’m sure in a few years when I have so much gold and nothing else I want to spend it on, I’ll get one of the TP.

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I have no interest in them, for many of the reasons already cited. Adding my own comments to them though.

1) Very ‘anachronistic’ looks (which in turn also paints a ‘hello, primary target!’ sign in WvW). Then again, I’m also amused how many of the Guild Weapons look like something out of the LARP scene (tone down the gloss a bit and they’d look MUCH better).

2) They are not Kit Engineer friendly. /thread right there for those of us who still like the class and care about it.

3) Water-based Legendaries require the same amount of ‘gating’ as the normal weapons, but are maybe seen/used 10% of the time. These should be toned down in material amounts a tiny bit if possible – maybe 10-20% – and then I’d consider getting one for my guardian. (I do love the water combat here, being a former Eve player ;-).

4) My natural RL luck tends to go against getting such things. That being said, if I did get a Precursor I’d likely sell it ASAP – even if I had to farm gold to list it! Then I’d be set for ‘life’ and not worry so much about the grind/gearing/etc.

As for crafting a Precursor, I wonder if they’ll become account-bound once that’s possible (same as Ascended is). It seems pretty likely.

Also, I am doing map completion (on my engi no less), but only for the APs and exploration fun, since I’ve never done it on a character yet. I doubt I’d try it again on another character, but never can tell.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

(edited by Sungak Alkandenes.1369)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I don’t think I will. Requires too much gold, ecto, materials and whatnot. Not to mention the precursor.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Maybe the next batch IF they are done better (more objectives, less grind these and those mats) AND are either Soulbound on Acquire or Account Bound. Making them tradeable was one of the worst mistakes (of many) Anet has made – it completely cheapens Legendary weapons to the point of being utterly pointless. Two guys stand next to each other with Twilight, one spent 100’s of hours meeting all the requirements (though most are shallow farm this, farm that) while the other whipped out daddies Visa and bought $750 worth of gems.

Posted by: Crowshou.6091

Crowshou.6091

I finally found my Pre so i wanted to create my lovely Juggernaut… i have almost everything ready.. but guess what ? then i realized that the silver doubloons cost like 300+ gold now -.- juggernaut is the most expensive legendary this is really a joke and should be fixes somehow.. other legendaries just need some cheap stones ( yeah cheap.. even charged lodestones are cheap now through the champ trains )