Willing to pay 25$

Willing to pay 25$

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Argionelite.8914

Argionelite.8914

For a class change in the shop.

Now before you guys just say “Roll another character”,
I have bonded with this character already. This little asura is “me” and I do not want to be stuck with a class I do not enjoy playing.
Also I spent my heroic edition items on him.

Arenanet, if you really care about all the players who are in this amazing game, Please take the time to implement this small feature. It would be greatly appreciated by many people, not just me.

I want to support this game. I don’t want to see it die, but nothing really interests me in the shop. This is the only thing I truly want anymore. So please.
Think of the players.

Also if anyone from ArenaNet reads this, read the whole thread. I put more info in there.

(edited by Argionelite.8914)

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

You had them at $.

Willing to pay 25$

Argionelite.8914

? what do you mean?

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This will however create issues with several things.
Including achievements and gear.
You will also end up at lvl 80 (or whatever level you are) with a completely unfamiliar profession, which could make you a liability in groups, which in turn might make it even harder for people to find pugs and so on.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Perhaps you can roll a duplicate Asura in the profession you want, with a similar name, and use transmute to get the items onto him. That way you still have the one you’ve made, in case later on you like that profession after all, but can enjoy the new one.

If you mean the heroic ring or 2 week banker, those are only short term use. I wouldn’t worry about having assigned them because it’s not long before you’re done with them anyway.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I’m in the same boat you are… just remade my character a few days ago and it hurts losing everything. In a game like this that doesn’t allow things such as a multi-classing a class change might be beneficial for those who like to invest in one character. The problem is, how would this be done? To be fair there should be some kind of progress lost. For example, a person who leveled a thief to 80 should not be able to have a level 80 engineer from paying 25 dollars. Unless they have a level 80 of the class they which to change to on their account already… that might be more fair.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Willing to pay 25$

Argionelite.8914

How about making a “Soul Merger” where you can merge 2 characters. Your alt has to be your lvl or higher(so you have experience in that class) and you can get their class and keep everything else.

That sound fair?

Willing to pay 25$

Argionelite.8914

The thing is, after I discovered how awesome elementalist was, I felt so much regret that I picked mesmer for my main that I can’t even play the game anymore without a sad feeling. I know it’s miserable but its the truth.

Please ArenaNet. I beg you.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

The thing is, after I discovered how awesome elementalist was, I felt so much regret that I picked mesmer for my main that I can’t even play the game anymore without a sad feeling. I know it’s miserable but its the truth.

Why do you feel regret for rolling a mesmer?

1. They are ridiculous in spvp
2. You bring a truck ton of utility based on your build
3. Clones

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

Even i will pay for this

Willing to pay 25$

Argionelite.8914

Why do you feel regret for rolling a mesmer?

1. They are ridiculous in spvp
2. You bring a truck ton of utility based on your build
3. Clones

I don’t care about power, I care about fun. My life in gw2 is just as exciting as my actual life, and now I just don’t have a reason to live this half anymore. I become depressed whenever I try to play it, yet I cannot just abandon this game. It’s a part of me now.

Please don’t criticize my decision, I want some feedback.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Black Scoutsman.5830

Black Scoutsman.5830

What happens to all the gear that you now cant use? like armor and weapon types? I can see this being very tricky from their side, if not impossible. I dont think its a bad idea, but just because you want it really bad doesnt mean they can do it.

Human Warrior, Ranger and dedicated Scout of Yaks bend
The Pinnacle of Resposibility [Mom]

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t care about power, I care about fun. My life in gw2 is just as exciting as my actual life, and now I just don’t have a reason to live this half anymore. I become depressed whenever I try to play it, yet I cannot just abandon this game. It’s a part of me now.

Well to be honest since you asked for feedback, if it were even to happen I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Your best bet since you are so miserable and depressed at this point is to just reroll. If in some chance Anet does implement such a tool it will probably happen so far from now that you could have leveled up a new toon with the same race, same name, but different profession several times over by then.

The Burninator

Willing to pay 25$

Argionelite.8914

Well to be honest since you asked for feedback, if it were even to happen I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Your best bet since you are so miserable and depressed at this point is to just reroll. If in some chance Anet does implement such a tool it will probably happen so far from now that you could have leveled up a new toon with the same race, same name, but different profession several times over by then.

Like I said, I’ve already bonded with this character of mine.
Also, how hard can it be to program one little item that just changes your class?

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The switch itself is probably not that hard to program.
But there are MASSIVE amounts of other things that needs to be taken into consideration as well.
Such as weapons, skills, gear and so on.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Like I said, I’ve already bonded with this character of mine.
Also, how hard can it be to program one little item that just changes your class?

Well, I’m just speaking what I feel is truth. I don’t think your post about profession change tool is going to get you what you want soon. I’ve seen this suggested several times over the last year, and well, see what I mean? Here you are asking the same thing that still hasn’t happened.

What exactly have you bonded with besides the name, race, and gender of your character? You can keep all three if you reroll. You haven’t bonded with profession obviously. If it is looks you can transmute that stuff so when you reroll you can use it.

The Burninator

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

I don’t understand what is so hard about remake the same character with the same name and same face? If you are willing to pay 25$, convert that 25$ into gems then gold to level up to lv 80 through crafting.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

First off I understand the whole ‘bonding with my character’ thing. My main not just a few pixels on the screen for me, she is her own character with a backstory. She isnt real, but thats not to say she isnt important to me.

As for your suggestion I disagree that a conversion is even needed. Reroll another character using the same name and looks etc and think of it as a rebirth of your main. Make up some story in your head that your main got injured during battle and couldnt be saved, but Asuran technology put him/her into another similar body. Give the new character some differences in appearance, saying the process isnt perfect.

The new character isnt actually new, its a new beginning for your main. Think of it in that way and youll realise that you arent losing a character, youre merely taking it down a different path. Its all about using your imagination

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Willing to pay 25$

Argionelite.8914

First off I understand the whole ‘bonding with my character’ thing. My main not just a few pixels on the screen for me, she is her own character with a backstory. She isnt real, but thats not to say she isnt important to me.

As for your suggestion I disagree that a conversion is even needed. Reroll another character using the same name and looks etc and think of it as a rebirth of your main. Make up some story in your head that your main got injured during battle and couldnt be saved, but Asuran technology put him/her into another similar body. Give the new character some differences in appearance, saying the process isnt perfect.

The new character isnt actually new, its a new beginning for your main. Think of it in that way and youll realise that you arent losing a character, youre merely taking it down a different path. Its all about using your imagination

Thank you, I think I will try this
Just a question, is there a way to transfer items to different characters? I spent my heroic edition items on this, and I don’t want to lose it.(also crafting things)
because I can’t seem to mail items to myself.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

i am throwing my cash on the screen, nothing’s happening

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Just a question, is there a way to transfer items to different characters? I spent my heroic edition items on this, and I don’t want to lose it.(also crafting things)

What items are you needing to move over that are soul bound? As those are the only items that you can’t just transfer over.

You can transfer items between your own characters through the bank. The bank is account wide storage.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Hooray, now we can just pick the easiest class to level, get that to level 80, and then class change over to something that’s harder to level. Meanwhile, we have no idea how to play our new character, but hey, who cares about that, right?

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

If with heroic items you mean the armour skins, you can transmute them with yellow stones to white/blue low-level gear. This should make them account-bound. You can then deposit those in your vault and use them with any character. –

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This is basically a repeat of your other thread. Except now you are willing to pay for it, lol.
The Devs have answered this request before, and explained that race and/or profession changes would not be happening anytime soon. Best to just make another character..maybe a twin? Many people have, at least, 5 different professions, if not 8, anyway. Good luck.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

The thing is, after I discovered how awesome elementalist was,

I knew it! I was going to make a joke about it being the Ele and then you said that. Welcome to the club, it is the best profession by miles.

Hooray, now we can just pick the easiest class to level, get that to level 80, and then class change over to something that’s harder to level. Meanwhile, we have no idea how to play our new character, but hey, who cares about that, right?

There is no “hard to level” in this game.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

I like the excuse “But you won’t know how to play your class!” when people who play said class regularly are still brain dead. Oh, Zerg and stacktowin.

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

If u purchased a particular edition that offers any kind of bonuses, those are usually account based and any character you create will get them automatically as well. They should be added to your inventory as soon as you make them.
I purchased the Deluxe digital that offered a mini, hero ring, a 1 week banker etc and all my characters get those upon creation. so i think you will too. Best thing is to try it and see what happens.
And like others have said, u can transmute gear u want to transfer onto whites but if they’re soul bound, make sure u keep the old character they’re bound to and use it to transmute gear b4 u delete it and also make sure u empty all their bags into the bank etc.
If you put anything into the bank that’s still bound to the old character, you will not be able to withdraw it or do anything with it so yea, just make sure all that is tidied up. Like i said, if you have a spare char slot, best thing is to keep the old one for a while to make sure u got everything out of them that you want.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

And Im willing to pay $25 for a cape ._.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

We’re going to see more and more of threads like this one, asking for profession changes or race changes. The game’s gotten so grindy with Ascended gear that people just aren’t going to want to start over with an alt.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

How about making a “Soul Merger” where you can merge 2 characters. Your alt has to be your lvl or higher(so you have experience in that class) and you can get their class and keep everything else.

That sound fair?

Cool idea. :P Anet should really do away with soul-bound too. Let us get accountbound.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

I recommend that you create some alts (if you haven’t already). I have 5 characters and I like all of them, however I always have a soft spot for my main. The great thing about bouncing around characters and classes is that it allows you to see things from other perspectives and if you get bored of one character you can take a break from it.

Willing to pay 25$

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

This will however create issues with several things.
Including achievements and gear.
You will also end up at lvl 80 (or whatever level you are) with a completely unfamiliar profession, which could make you a liability in groups, which in turn might make it even harder for people to find pugs and so on.

Very true.
I would say race change would be a good aim, but class change is the worst you could choose.