Winter's Presence Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Although JPs aren’t my favorite content in this game by a long shot, and I wish items weren’t gated behind doing them (other than general reward chests and the like), the game is what it is. Jumping puzzles seem to be a large portion of gameplay, and I doubt it’ll change in the future.

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

Oh come on.

If my 10 year old brother who never touched GW2 before managed to beat it, you can too.

…Which really should tell you how little the twitch-fest timed JP’s have to do with 99% of Guildwars 2 gameplay.

What does pressing your space properly has to do with Guild wars 2 gameplay? Jumping puzzles in any game have nothing to do with ingame gameplay…

I would like to go on record saying I disagree with OP vehemently. The winter JP is a perfect difficulty. Probably a 5 on a 1-10 scale. If you can complete it once, completing it 3x is a piece of cake.

Just be patient. Getting frustrated is normal when you don’t succeed, but that’s not a good enough reason to remove it. The human race wouldn’t be where it is today if we didn’t feel that frustration on failing and causing us to strive to succeed even more. It’s a motivator!

I agree with this. After getting into the groove (and failing maybe 20 times) I managed to clear it 3 times in a row. It’s muscle memory. It’s worth noting that all three successes were after turning the game off for a couple of hours and going back to it after resting on it.

It’s nice that a 10 year old can do this jumping puzzle…. did you know that children can learn languages far easier than adults? In fact, studies have shown that your average child can easily become polylingual. In contrast, most people over the age of 25 who have never learned more than one language usually have great difficulty trying to learn another.

Did Luciano Pavarotti try to win a weight lifting competition? Did Bruce Lee try to sing opera? Did Muhammad Ali try to win a Nobel prize? Did the Terminator EVER get John Connor? The answer to all of these Is NO.

And for me, Jumping Puzzles are the great NO. I went and checked… I have completed TWENTY-SIX OF THE FORTY-FIVE POSSIBLE jumping puzzles in the game. I have been playing GW2 for about TWO AND A HALF YEARS. And again, I have NEVER got past the bloody melting snowflakes in the Winter JP. NEVER. Not this year, not LAST year, NOT the year before.

Kudos to all of you that are jumping masters. Good for you. Given my personal experience, I find it REALLY hard to believe that ANYONE could complete this puzzle, MUCH less do it in THREE MINUTES. Must be nice to have a Black Belt in Jumping Insanity.

All I want is an alternative. Change the requirement in the collection. Or make a puzzle that us over 40 types can actually DO.

Posted by: Shun.9475

Shun.9475

All the people saying it easy, probably have it easy with PC builds that are ridiculously expensive, and don’t know the pains of the vertically and tech challenged.

There’s not support in the JP, THEY LITERALLY SCREW YOU OVER TO GO IN TEAMS

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

I’m all for removing this ridiculous requirement. But not because of the JP’s difficulty (I used to farm it for presents), but because I’ve been spending half an hour running into the stupid portal just to be told that the instance is full.

I’ve already gotten the achievement and collection item on the first day, but since then I’ve been unable to enter the JP. How is anyone with a little less luck supposed to get this item if he/she can’t even enter the JP?

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

To the guy “who sucks at jumping puzzles”? Dude. I have 4 guys I play with regularly. Two of them ROCK at jumping puzzles. Most often when we do one to get the achievement or “for fun” one of these guys pretty much holds my hand leading me through said puzzle. They can finish a puzzle, then come back to find me trying to get past the 20th jump or where ever it is that I’ve come back to for the fourth or fifth time.

The point being… both of my Bad * jumpers AGREE that Wintersday Gauntlet is right up there w/ the Mad King’s Clock Tower and the South Sun JP. NEITHER OF THESE GUYS HAS COMPLETED ANY OF THOSE THREE.

For the record, the farthest I have EVER gotten is the EIGHTH SNOWFLAKE. From the start. Frustration doesn’t even cover TEN tries and not even being able to get near the First safe point. Is there one? I wouldn’t KNOW.

Really? The third hardest JP? It took me 2+ hours to get mad kings clock tower. It took me less than 15 minutes to get this one. They are not even in the same league. This jump puzzle (imo) is one of the easiest in the game, there are a few noob traps, but really it is all about jumping fundamentals. .

Just putting down their opinion. Maybe you didn’t read the post. Maybe you MISSED the part where 1) In NORMAL, non crazy puzzles, It takes me MULTIPLE (three or more) tries to complete them 2) the part about the EIGHTH snowflake from the starting platform. Just how many are there, anyway?

It’s like being tone deaf. Or blind. Or being an amputee. There are Just Some things that YOU CANNOT DO, no matter how hard you try OR how badly you want to. I PvP, I play WvW, I do fractals, I even do Jumping puzzles IF they don’t have crazy stupid timed BS insanity.

One more time… there needs to be an NON-TIMED, NON melting snowflake version of this puzzle. Call it the beginners or kids version, I don’t care. The ONLY award I want for completing it is the Snowglobe award for the Winter’s Presence.

Otherwise I will NEVER EVER complete that collection. Which to me is totally BOGUS. You don’t design things like collections with JP’s. Cause some of us JUST CANNOT DO THEM.

Theres a lot of things many people can’t do. I can’t do the achievements for Season 2 final to get my sinister ascended accessory. Do I go rant on the forums that they need to make them easier or even better, just put the accessory in a vendor?

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Surely nobody would be opposed to have an alternate option in addition to the JP…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

If you pay for my transportation, I’ll gladly come over to wherever you live and do the JP for you.

Xae Isareth.1364

^ why don’t we give everyone a full set of ascended gear? Why don’t we put ghostly infusions in a vendor for 1 gold each? Why have all the sinister accessories be locked behind story achievements? Why don’t we just give out legendaries for logging into the game?

It won’t affect anyone.

If don’t like the JP, don’t do it. You don’t need that one shoulder skin. I don’t enjoy swearing aloud at my monitor for a hour straight either and so I don’t have any intentions of completing them but you don’t see me going on the forums and calling it to be made easier.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Swagger.1459

^ why don’t we give everyone a full set of ascended gear? Why don’t we put ghostly infusions in a vendor for 1 gold each? Why have all the sinister accessories be locked behind story achievements? Why don’t we just give out legendaries for logging into the game?

It won’t affect anyone.

If don’t like the JP, don’t do it. You don’t need that one shoulder skin. I don’t enjoy swearing aloud at my monitor for a hour straight either and so I don’t have any intentions of completing them but you don’t see me going on the forums and calling it to be made easier.

Nor would it affect you if players had a second option available to doing the achievement for winters presence…

You are also embellishing things to make an argument and that argument falls flat.

This event has a limited time frame unlike all those things you mentioned, plus this is a holiday event that is supposed to be inclusive to ALL players and to thank them by doing something nice and festive for them…

Posted by: Maileen.1065

Maileen.1065

Please Anet DON’T remove the requirement of doing the jumping puzzle 3 times….you already extended the drinking of 10k drinks for a whole year.

Xae Isareth.1364

It won’t affect anyone.

Nor would it affect you if players had a second option available to doing the achievement for winters presence…

You are also embellishing things to make an argument and that argument falls flat.

This event has a limited time frame unlike all those things you mentioned, plus this is a holiday event that is supposed to be inclusive to ALL players and to thank them by doing something nice and festive for them…

It is very inclusive. This is one single cosmetic added there to reward players who put the effort in and can master all the content.

Swagger.1459

Please Anet DON’T remove the requirement of doing the jumping puzzle 3 times….you already extended the drinking of 10k drinks for a whole year.

That’s pretty festive of you… Nice to know that some of you would like to force a requirement that some players can’t or won’t be able to do… That’s the holiday spirit!!!

Maileen.1065

That’s pretty festive of you… Nice to know that some of you would like to force a requirement that some players can’t or won’t be able to do… That’s the holiday spirit!!!

We can go round and round on this all day etc. Some people can’t do raids so should they nerf the raids or give another way of earning legendary armor? Same goes for the fractal legendary backpack. Those are the requirements for earning the snowflakes shoulders. If you cant do them, then you don’t get them. Its not like they add stats to your gear.

oh and happy holidays!

(edited by Maileen.1065)

Swagger.1459

Are raids once a year for a limited time or a festive holiday event ultimately designed for ALL players to enjoy?

Unfortunately you can’t ever win this argument by comparing two completely different things. Sorry.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I am pretty sure that is the idea behind the new learning curve in GW2 has nothing at all to do with intentionally driving people away. But whoeve plans stuff like this is surely on a good way to achieve that.

Over the years, options have become slimmer and slimmer for people like me. I usually gained my festival stuff by doing dailies because I refuse to be a seal and jump through the hoop that is winters day JP. So I get diddly squat this year. For me, that is ok, I find other things to do in GW2 most of the time. But what is the message of this?
a) " We HTFUed and you must too if we take you seriously" ?
b) “We planned it so, and it stays this way!” ?
c) " We are looking for new customers" ?

Option C is a pretty common business model, but it usually gets used by companies that are desperate or by those who have a monopoly anyway.
Option B is prevalent in companies that are ruled by families or a strong character who thinks that the company is his baby and thinks everyone is clueless about it expect for him and his yes men.
Option A is just plain stupid and is used only by a handful of companies who try to sell exclusives anyway. But even with these comanies, the customer is King. If someone with the necessary money asks Ferarri to custom build them a single car, of course they wil happily oblige.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I am pretty sure that is the idea behind the new learning curve in GW2 has nothing at all to do with intentionally driving people away. But whoeve plans stuff like this is surely on a good way to achieve that.

Over the years, options have become slimmer and slimmer for people like me. I usually gained my festival stuff by doing dailies because I refuse to be a seal and jump through the hoop that is winters day JP. So I get diddly squat this year. For me, that is ok, I find other things to do in GW2 most of the time. But what is the message of this?
a) " We HTFUed and you must too if we take you seriously" ?
b) “We planned it so, and it stays this way!” ?
c) " We are looking for new customers" ?

Option C is a pretty common business model, but it usually gets used by companies that are desperate or by those who have a monopoly anyway.
Option B is prevalent in companies that are ruled by families or a strong character who thinks that the company is his baby and thinks everyone is clueless about it expect for him and his yes men.
Option A is just plain stupid and is used only by a handful of companies who try to sell exclusives anyway. But even with these comanies, the customer is King. If someone with the necessary money asks Ferarri to custom build them a single car, of course they wil happily oblige.

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

I’ve finished many of the JP’s in the game, but the Clocktower and this is beyond comprehension. The timed part should be removed along with the health degen and disappearing snowflakes and call it a day. Fortunately I’m not interested in that skin, and there are other achievements for substitute so I can have 18/18, but I can totally understand where the OP is coming from.

And if we compare this to other holiday activities, if this is fine as it is, then Tixx’s dungeon and Mad King’s Ascent should be upped to raid level of difficulty. I’d love to see how the forums blow up if that ever happened.

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I think personally they should have focused on ‘fun’ over ‘challenging’, after all it is a Wintersday Festival. This Jumping Puzzle should be one of the easiest in the game to complete.

Anet have to realise that constantly creating challenging content in every aspect of the game is not the way you make a successful long-lived MMO.

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

Not too sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I think it’s starting to wear thin that most new stuff that gets added is either a black lion box RNG money sink, or a ridiculous grind. A holiday event like Wintersday should be a great way to throw players a bone by adding some new cosmetics that the playerbase as a whole can earn and enjoy. Instead we get a meta achievement that only offers old minipets and a new shoulder skin that costs close to a thousand gold in consumables to earn. We have enough crazy gold and time sinks as it is, it’d be nice for something new that didn’t require jumping through hoops for a change.

On the other hand, I have no sympathy for people who make the argument that it’s unfair that they’re unable to complete a form of content and get the reward associated with it. I’m never going to be able to get raid or high end PvP rewards, that doesn’t mean I’m going to complain about how Anet needs to make those rewards obtainable by me. When SAB was around I wasn’t good at JPs and so I missed out on completing most of the achievements. When the first Hallween event was around I never got around to fully upgrading my book and now I may never get another chance. Not everything needs to be obtainable by everyone.

(edited by Ehra.5240)

Swagger.1459

You add grind to prolong content… That’s all Anet does… I get that they don’t want players just burning through things, but this game is profession and combat and content shallow… It’s reward track online essentially to extend the life of things…

Trust me, I understand the “balance” of stuff.. Just Anet balances things more to the wrong side consistently. Most people are not fooled by this.

Gw2 has some great qualities obviously, but more flaws and empty holes than anything…

It’s a C grade game overall.

Xae Isareth.1364

I sometimes wonder if they should have just never put this thing in the game.

The matter of the fact is that some players like having a skin which is hard to earn and has some prestige to it so giving an easy alternative would ruin that. People find that fun, and Anet caters to them by having this skin in the game.

I’m all for complaining about the 10k achievement because that’s neither fun nor challenging to get as it just a check of how big your wallet is but I’m not seeing the problem of having the JP as a part of it.

It’s not like there’s nothing else that came with wintersday or you are entitled to get this skin.

Posted by: Ehra.5240

Ehra.5240

It’s not like there’s nothing else that came with wintersday or you are entitled to get this skin.

Unless I’m missing something, this IS the only new cosmetic that was added with Wintersday that isn’t sold through the gem store.

Also, we already have a lot of prestige rewards that have been added recently. New legendary weapons, Nightfury, pretty much all of Scribing, the legendary PvP backpack. Plus we’re still waiting on legendary armor. You’re acting like the high achievers have been lacking for new rewards to work towards.

(edited by Ehra.5240)

Maileen.1065

All you have to do is complete the jumping puzzle 3 times, and you have until Jan 12….the 10k drinks has been changed so that it can be done until next Wintersday. The jumping puzzle takes around 5-10 mins to complete each time.

Posted by: ElijahFitzroy.5762

ElijahFitzroy.5762

At first I agreed that either the achievement should change or the puzzle should be changed because the last two years I did the jumping puzzle I was unable to complete it but finally this year with patience and a bit of music in the background and a friend encouraging me I was able to do the JP. Someone on here said they can’t get past the snowflakes. That was my problem the first year and last year was the presents. My question is that have you tried a different path? Or do you know there are three different ones? I’ve talked to different people who like gingerbread or snowman but personally I find them harder since the candy canes are smaller and the turns are sharper. So I go with the quaggans. Best thing to do is to start jumping on the snowflakes as soon as they spawn. You have 5 seconds or more to change direction and such plus the snowflakes go on an even curve rather than sharp turns. The candy canes are fairly easy to jump best bet is to jump on an angle. Why I suggest music is that it relaxes and also drowns out the sound of the breaking snowflakes. I find that noise makes me nervous and rush. Just take your time and eventually your hands will get used to the movement and you’ll memorize the turns. Once you get to the checkpoint aka fire candy. Wait for the middle striped boxes to spawn and run up them. When you reach the candy, go to the middle and dodge roll. Then jump onto the candy cane and wait at the end till the snowball disappears. Run up the slow and jump onto the candy to the right then the second one the snowball should have passed then jump onto the ramp and go to the candy stay low on it otherwise you’ll hit the snowman breath then run up the ramp jump to the left candy. Wait for the snowball to pass and wait for the red circle to despawn then run up and head for the presents. You should have at least 1000 health left so you can take your time. It’s hard at first I completely understand this is coming from someone who failed moragan’s spiral about fifty times before I got to the top. Just try your best.

Swagger.1459

All you have to do is complete the jumping puzzle 3 times, and you have until Jan 12….the 10k drinks has been changed so that it can be done until next Wintersday. The jumping puzzle takes around 5-10 mins to complete each time.

You are missing many points completely

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

For you.

I don’t want it removed. I want there to be slightly more things that contribute to getting it than are needed so we have some choices on what to skip, just like the winterfest meta-achievement, which should have been the chest that drops this item in the first place.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

New record: 32 jumps along the gingerbread path.

Generally, I have a hard time making it past the first set of candy canes.

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

“I want X, but I don’t want to do Y so they should cater to me and make it so I can get X without doing Y!”

We’ve seen this with legendary armor, backpieces, and now this.

Newsflash:
For almost every person playing this game, there’s bound to be some reward they will never be able to get. The game was never designed such that playing how you want will get you any reward you want, nor should it be.

(edited by Altair.8402)

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

“I want X, but I don’t want to do Y so they should cater to me and make it so I can get X without doing Y!”

We’ve seen this with legendary armor, backpieces, and now this. I wonder what’s next.

Newsflash:
For almost every person playing this game, there’s bound to be some reward they will never be able to get. The game was never designed such that playing how you want will get you any reward you want, nor should it be

And you have all year to work on that legendary armor. The two are in no way at all the same. There should NEVER be this kind of grind and restrictive nature on holiday festivals. There’s plenty of other grindy-costliness throughout the year. They never should have shoved it in to Wintersday where it was previously absent.

In previous Wintersday festivals everyone had a pool of options that allowed them to work towards the ultimate reward and leave out something that they either hated and/or happened to be terrible at. There was no need to suddenly change that this year.

Newflash: That’s a lie. Wintersday was not designed that way in previous years.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

(edited by DragonflyDusk.6582)

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

In general im totally against removing skill requirements for cosmetic rewards. I think its actually the best system to reward players, playing content and working hard to get good enough to complete challenges is far better than just buying items. Its not like cosmetic rewards are needed by anyone.

I dont think just removing 1 requirement and keeping the rest would do any good as there will always be something someone cant do, and we would end up with no requirements at all.

On the other hand I get the argument that holiday content should be accessible to most people and so think maybe having a few more options would be ok for holiday content only but definitely not for general rewards.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I havn’t been able to get into the jumping puzzle for 2 days now, it’s always full.

Perhaps the better solution is to only allow a player to complete it once per hour. After finishing, boot them out and prevent them from going back for 60 min.

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

It’s not possible for me to get 10k drinks. anet pls remove

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

How about just a button at the start of the JP which you can push to complete it and get the reward?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

I would just like to get into the jumping puzzle. I’ve managed to get in twice since Wintersday started. Also annoying is constantly getting into Bell Choir Ensemble during free play or when all the spots are filled.

Posted by: Langleigh.4832

Langleigh.4832

Funny how ANET remains silent about the posts on this forum…do you think they really read them?

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Funny how ANET remains silent about the posts on this forum…do you think they really read them?

anet does read many of the post. They did say that they do not read all of them. Its the near the holidays. So yea.

Posted by: Kahli.4325

Kahli.4325

You’re not forced to earn those shoulders. And if you want them, you have another year to earn them. Good luck and have fun.

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

There are some reasonable complaints about the current WP structure.

• They could have had a different reward just for the JP. Many people did the rest of the collection except for the 10k drinks and/or JP, so they feel that effort/cost was wasted. I’d love to earn a collection, but I’m not sure I can do the JP, though I keep practicing.
  • There is only so much time to practice the puzzle and get better. I eventually did the JP for Mawdrey because I had a lot of time to practice. Now, I don’t.
  • This puzzle has a lot of time pressure, especially for those without peak equipment or laggy connections.
  • It can be hard to get into the puzzle during peak hours.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

People love and hate the JP, we might as well argue religion and politics.

I think to make all parties happy, they release tiers of the shoulder pads. Everyone can easily get the tier 1 that is a small flurry and to get a blizzard on your back you need to do the 10k drinks, the JP and all the difficult/grindy (whatever you like to call it ) to get the upgrades.

Everyone gets an easy new cosmetic shoulder piece and the people who enjoy the challenge have a higher tier to get.

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

I say NO. The whole point of getting certain items or skins is that it’s a challenge. I understand that people may have difficulty with certain tasks, but that’s what challenge is about. If it was easy, what’s the point?

Posted by: LastHope.8127

LastHope.8127

So getting 10.000 drinks, without buying them. It is roughly estimated by many players you need around 12.000 gifts for this.

The JP.
Lets asume you’re a JP robot and you run the JP 15 times in 30 mins, so 30/hour = 300 gifts + some bonus gifts from the achievement and karma that you use to buy more gifts. That is roughly (RNG cant math) 250 drinks/hour. Assuming youre a JP robot that is.

That is STILL 40 HOURS OF JP!

Now more realisticly, you’re not an robot, so you can do roughly 15 runs/hour (if you cant do 15 move to bellchoir, see below). Now because you do less runs, you have less karma, wich means even less gifts. This translates in roughly 150 drinks/hour

THAT IS STILL 66 HOURS OF JP

The bells be tolling.
Okay, so you belong to the 90% of players who can’t farm the JP, thats ok bellchoir is nearly as good. nearly.

First thing first, MUTE YOUR INGAME AUDIO. Trust me on this one.
Then, make sure you have your keybinds set so you can use 1-4 6-9 so it’s easier to do.
NOTE that you don’t need to 100% the songs, as long as you don’t die you get the rewards.

Doing a full run of 6 songs will net you 18 gifts, or 10-15 drinks. Lets say 15 because were amazing at RNG and unrealistly hopefull because tis the season. A full run will take you 7,5 minutes + 2,5 minutes of getting into a new map (still getting send back to dr a bunch at random) = 10 minutes a run.
So that is 90 drinks/hour from just the gifts. You will get more from the karma (rougly 75k karma/hour) and the repeatable achievement gifts. With the added karma gifts Id say you net 100 drinks/hour

THAT IS STILL A 100 HOURS of playing the same 6 songs over and over and over again.

(There are some theories that the choir is actually faster because you can join on the middle or later songs wich give 3 or 5 gifts were the first 2 songs only give 1 gift each. But on avarage I think it’s about the same as your mediocre JP player.)

Im pretty sure you can farm more then 8g/hour (800g worth of drinks in 100 hours) in pretty much anything else in this game besides sPvP so you’re far better of just playing the game and buying the drinks over time.

Seriously Anet, what were you thinking. If more people did the math nobody would be farming the gifts. (beside maybe the jp freak of nature robots). Is that why the hardest part of farming the gifts is getting into the maps?

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

You have a year to buy what you need after the holiday farm is over.

LastHope.8127

But you will not be able to farm the gifts after, therefor stopping the suply thus increasing the price if demand stays the same.

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

And you think the price will go dowm when players can only get 1 gift a day? ^^
If you have the money to finish the drinks after the event you also have the money to finish it right now.

I don’t have that kind of money.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Which is in line with what the other two items like it cost.

Would it have been better if the collection yielded a recipe which then required materials that totaled to the cost it currently requires to acquire it?

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

But you will not be able to farm the gifts after, therefor stopping the suply thus increasing the price if demand stays the same.

If demand remains the same. But it won’t. It can only go down after the holiday ends as more and more people finish or quit trying to get it. There will be the presents from all the accounts that have the tree to continue adding to the supply as well as any flippers who buy now and relist later.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

5k/10k here all earned no store bought

36 wonderland acgives = 540 jumps/15 = 36 rounds / 2 = 18 hours worth. its been 6 days since start of event so / 6 = a mere 3 hours per a day

we still have 3 more weeks of this event 3*7=21 *16 ( giving you 8 hrs of sleep a night) = 336 hours. This isn’t including the fact that youll still be able to continue worthing on this achievement after festival is over.

Iv’e been earning 1k etoh a day easily so….

Ps even buying after the event isnt an issue it wont ever rise above a gold a drink. assumibng you havent drank 1 etoh 10k/365 = buying 27 a day and youll have it easily by next next xmas

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

(edited by echo.2053)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You want cool, shiny item, you buckle down and pay. I have 40g, went broke ‘cause of raids, couldn’t afford the skin even if I wanted it, didn’t get it. /shrug
Suck it up.

LastHope.8127

You want cool, shiny item, you buckle down and pay. I have 40g, went broke ‘cause of raids, couldn’t afford the skin even if I wanted it, didn’t get it. /shrug
Suck it up.

Im not complaining, I don’t mind a grind. Im making the statement youre better of buying the drinks with gold farmed elsewere. It’s simply faster.

Edit- The only complaint I do have is that they want you to do the same jp 1200 times, or play the same 6 songs for 100 hours. Wich by then you could probably do them blindfolded.

(edited by LastHope.8127)

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Just face it, the event as it stands is just as ‘profitable’ or better for those who farm it as for those that spend all their time in SW hopping from map to map.

Those that are good at the JP will earn the most, especially if they’re not going for the shoulders but just want gold.

At roughly 300 gifts/hour, if your math is correct, they make 300x price on TP (around 8s/ea) = 2400s = 24G/hour. (not opening them)

It’s a pure farm event driven by that one pretty useless ‘skin’ which might or might not look good on your char(s). If you enjoy yourself, so much better, if not, move on because while you’re spending time there, you’re not doing anything else or playing another game.