Winterday Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

There was never any serious discussion to start a two-way conversation in the first place. All I saw was people feeling validated by mediocrity telling others to stop being bad.

Oh . . .

So there seems to be a group of people in this forum that enjoys feeding on the tears of those who are unable to complete either the Bell Choir or the JP. Because the stuff is supposedly so trivial, surely they would support the proposal to replace the casual achievements with “real” ones?

I mean, come on, why should festival content be easy anyways? We already have loot pinatas world bosses for that! Those filthy casuals deserve nothing and should stop feeling entitled!

Players who love challenge should be flocking to your post – I wonder where they are?

I tend to call it like I see it. Nasty habit, I know. Again, Happy Wintersday.

I see one guy “standing by” his “get good” post, a few failed attempts to derail the thread, and your current non sequitur.

Still looking for non-hypocrites with more to lean against than the status quo argument.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I do agree with your suggestion that complete could be changed to simply participate, although many posters in the other thread indicate this is already the case if u hang around long enough.

Someone in that thread answered that they believed doing this resulted in the “Participate in an Activity” non-festival daily being satisfied with this action. I went in-game and stood in the Jumping Puzzle until it was over to see what happened. Only the “Participate in an Activity” daily was completed. It did not complete the Wintersday Festival JP Daily. The Bell Choir Daily did not complete either when I stood in it until the end.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Why do you think that players need to be “encouraged” to take part in content? If the content is fun for them they will do it. And there is no “talk to an NPC” choice (from what I’ve seen) so I don’t know why you bring that up.

The reduction of choices is a continuing theme in GW2 lately that is a problem for many players and which could turn into a problem for Anet if players are unhappy enough to leave.

As i said before I think people should take part in all wintersday content if they want the rewards.

Not only does it give them a reason to at least try some activities they might dismiss out of hand because its a game mode they havnt enjoyed before (snowball mayhem) but it also keeps the activities, well active lol so they dont die out within a week of release.

If doing 1 of these activities is so unfun and awful for someone then they can easily ignore the daily and try again the next day. Its not like they lose anything other than 1 laurel which can be got simply by logging into the game now.

Id be more inclined to agree with you if there were unique rewards tied to the daily, but there arent.

Edit for typo

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Dave, you have every right to believe that. But what you did was this:

I also think its childish of you to make a troll post like this to insult others who took the time to reply to the original thread just because you dont like what we say.

So . . . your post wasn’t sarcasm? Alright, then my suggestions stand. But if it wasn’t sarcasm, why did you say this?

Yeah I agree. My list was not hardcore enough.

Festival content needs to exclude even more people than 550 would.

The truth is, this thread is exactly what Zomby says it is. With a baiting response included. You guys wanted responses. You got them.

Why are you acting like we ruined your party now?

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I don’t do them but do you even get anything for these dalies?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Dave.2536

Why are you actually like we ruined your party now?

I’m not sure where you got this idea. Although I believe the people I am referencing in my first post have ridiculous ideas, I am not at all hostile to these people coming into the thread.

I will, however, continue to call them hypocrites until they develop an argument stronger than one of ‘anti-change status quo’.

zombyturtle.5980

I do agree with your suggestion that complete could be changed to simply participate, although many posters in the other thread indicate this is already the case if u hang around long enough.

Someone in that thread answered that they believed doing this resulted in the “Participate in an Activity” non-festival daily being satisfied with this action. I went in-game and stood in the Jumping Puzzle until it was over to see what happened. Only the “Participate in an Activity” daily was completed. It did not complete the Wintersday Festival JP Daily. The Bell Choir Daily did not complete either when I stood in it until the end.

Apologies for that then. I never tested it myself. I did agree with the suggestion to change to participate but I have stated my arguments why in my opinion more dailies isnt a great solution. Im sorry if people get so upset that i disagree with them but im not doing it out of spite or a sense of superiority.

I had alot of trouble with bell choir too at first but i practice and can now do it easily.

this is one of the many vid that show when to press keys and it helped me. Might help you too.

Ardenwolfe.8590

I will, however, continue to call them hypocrites until they develop an argument stronger than one of ‘anti-change status quo’.

You do realize it’s the height of irony to call them hypocrites, especially given the nature of this thread, and demand they develop a stronger argument when you and you-know-who have repeated your exact same argument throughout the day in more than five threads now?

You do realize that, don’t you?

Edit:

I don’t do them but do you even get anything for these dalies?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_Wintersday_Gift

The contents and containers are at the bottom.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Getting the meta done is not a competition. It is something that everyone who is playing during Wintersday should be able to achieve regardless of skill.

This is not PvP. That game mode exists for a reason.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Dave.2536

You do realize it’s the height of irony to call them hypocrites, especially given the nature of this thread, and demand they develop a stronger argument when you and you-know-who have repeated your exact same argument throughout the day in more than five threads now?

You do realize that, don’t you?

I’m sorry, I thought you were talking about me. I’ve only participated in two threads about Wintersday daily myself. Additionally, I’ve counted at least two different arguments against the status quo:

• The nature of festival events should be one of rewarding participation
  • Even with the expectation to do something requiring actual skill, effort, or time, there should be a greater variety of things to choose from.

The very fact that you’ve attempted to group all the “anti-” people into one category and lump their arguments as one and the same…welp, I suppose I wasted a few replies already on you.

Finally, to reference the edit, I presume some people are salty not about missing out on the boxes, but on the laurel.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Before you climb atop that lofty tower, let me show you something:

So there seems to be a group of people in this forum that enjoys feeding on the tears of those who are unable to complete either the Bell Choir or the JP. Because the stuff is supposedly so trivial, surely they would support the proposal to replace the casual achievements with “real” ones?

I mean, come on, why should festival content be easy anyways? We already have loot pinatas world bosses for that! Those filthy casuals deserve nothing and should stop feeling entitled!

The attempt is to talk down to their peers and fellow posters. The attempt is to use sarcasm to troll those posters you feel should create a better argument. The attempt is what this thread is all about.

You’ve projected what your doing to those posters who feel the opposite.

If you can’t see that, then yes. We’ve both wasted our time. So let’s let a moderator decide it instead, shall we?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Last year I got the rewards because dailies contributed to the meta. This year I cannot get the upgraded title (to the one I had), and a second mini (to compliment the one that I already had), just because they changed the daily system.

And somehow this all makes me lack skill and I should be punished for that? Because there is something invalid about wanting to ascend to another tier of something that you had already completed the year before.

PROBLEM: Broken dailies. SOLUTION: Shun everyone without “skill”.

Such wisdom from this forum lately!

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Dave.2536

The attempt is to talk down to their peers and fellow posters. The attempt is to use sarcasm to troll those posters you feel should create a better argument. The attempt is what this thread is all about.

I was with you up until here.

You’ve projected what your doing to those posters who feel the opposite.

Annnnnnd…splat, down and away you go!

The people referenced in that post were not the entire group of people with the opposite opinion. It was simply the ones who backed their opinion with a status quo or “get good” argument.

I can’t really call this a non sequitur because I don’t think you came to this conclusion in bad faith. On the other hand, I can’t really say it’s not a worse result than straight deception.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Wintersday should be able to achieve regardless of skill.

Like the login reward?

Ardenwolfe.8590

Yes, because those filthy casuals aren’t an entire group of people to begin with. We best make it even harder to not include them in any achievement. That’ll teach those people with an opposite opinion. How dare they say “get good.”

You’ll make a thread mocking them to get even. Oh no. That’s not projection. That’s not sarcasm. That’s not trolling or baiting. No Sir, they need to step up their game while you step down yours.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Gone to Reddit.

Dave.2536

You keep trying to take offense at statements made in jest….and completely missing the point of it. The assertion of the first post was that many of the people in the other thread hold their position solely because they haven’t been excluded themselves…yet.

Is it getting too salty for you now? Are you really going to continue to double down on moral high ground?

lol

zombyturtle.5980

Last year I got the rewards because dailies contributed to the meta. This year I cannot get the upgraded title (to the one I had), and a second mini (to compliment the one that I already had), just because they changed the daily system.

And somehow this all makes me lack skill and I should be punished for that? Because there is something invalid about wanting to ascend to another tier of something that you had already completed the year before.

You can get the mini and achievement without doing a single daily.

If you find the bell choir difficult you can choose the lower tier and play the very first song once a day. This is the easiest and has very few notes. If you are still taking damage then here is a video which shows when to press the correct notes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeFHhoIwGtE

Give it at least 3 rounds of practice. You should find it a little easier.

This thread wasnt really about the dailies not contributing to meta though. It was about the choice of dailies themselves.

Djinn.9245

Why do you think that players need to be “encouraged” to take part in content? If the content is fun for them they will do it. And there is no “talk to an NPC” choice (from what I’ve seen) so I don’t know why you bring that up.

The reduction of choices is a continuing theme in GW2 lately that is a problem for many players and which could turn into a problem for Anet if players are unhappy enough to leave.

As i said before I think people should take part in all wintersday content if they want the rewards.

The festival achievements already cover every activity, why do the festival dailies have to require them as well?

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Djinn.9245

Apparently there is no point to the Festival Dailies for me because they don’t count for the meta anymore. I wonder why they nerfed that? Another decreasing of choice! Wow.

Djinn.9245

Getting the meta done is not a competition. It is something that everyone who is playing during Wintersday should be able to achieve regardless of skill.

I agree. Persistence should count for something for those who can’t do certain activities or who find them unfun.

zombyturtle.5980

The festival achievements already cover every activity, why do the festival dailies have to require them as well?

To keep people returning to the activities and to reward participation in actual wintersday events.

Why should you be rewarded for wintersday activities when you refuse to take part in half of them?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I agree. Persistence should count for something for those who can’t do certain activities or who find them unfun.

Yes we get it by now. You think people should be rewarded just for trying. How is that fair to the people that try over and over and then actually complete the activities? If everyone got rewarded for trying no one would put the effort into actually doing them.

“Hey, I tried this jump puzzle 5 times and failed. I found it to not be fun. But I tried, where is my chest?” “Hey I tried the Wintersday events but found them too hard and no fun so I just logged in during Wintersday. Where is my reward since it is holiday and we should all be rewarded?”

Rewards for everyone! It’s a holiday and none of the events are optional!

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Not only does it give them a reason to at least try some activities they might dismiss out of hand because its a game mode they havnt enjoyed before (snowball mayhem) but it also keeps the activities, well active lol so they dont die out within a week of release.

If doing 1 of these activities is so unfun and awful for someone then they can easily ignore the daily and try again the next day. Its not like they lose anything other than 1 laurel which can be got simply by logging into the game now.

Id be more inclined to agree with you if there were unique rewards tied to the daily, but there arent.

Edit for typo

The thing is there is no try again next day because the Dailies are the same 6 every single day, and to complete the Winter Festival even though there are many thing included on the page many of them don’t count towards the 11 you need. If you for whatever reason can’t do the Bell Choir you miss out on the Dailies and Winter Festival altogether, that is not choice that isn’t even close.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Unless you’re a completionist or OCD these tasks are optional and not required, if you feel the need to complete them, then you suffer from the above and you can only be helped by a professional.

Posted by: Pappaea.7163

Pappaea.7163

You’re having difficulty with two small parts of the game, so you request that the requirements be dropped so you can get rewarded?

Should we not include reading requirements for a high school diploma so that those who have trouble reading still graduate? Maybe math is just too hard for Johnny and Susie, so we’ll just not make that necessary for anyone to get by. Scratch that, it’s bad example; schools in the US already do that. Um….

(Just trying to lighten the mood a bit.)

There is plenty in this game that you’re not going to do because it’s just not your strength. I’m atrocious at PvP – there’s just too much happening too quickly for me to process and keep up. I also detest the number crunching that plays into it – needing the right builds and gear to blah blah blah. I don’t ask ANet to diminish the PvP/WvW requirements so I, too, can get a chest every day.

Games need to reward those willing to fail, ad nauseum, and not just those who show up. There is already plenty in this game, and others, that reward a player for just showing up. You now get a reward just for logging in! Why add to the list of “I showed up, I’m here,” rewards?

Djinn.9245

You’re having difficulty with two small parts of the game, so you request that the requirements be dropped so you can get rewarded?

Should we not include reading requirements for a high school diploma so that those who have trouble reading still graduate? Maybe math is just too hard for Johnny and Susie, so we’ll just not make that necessary for anyone to get by. Scratch that, it’s bad example; schools in the US already do that. Um….

There is plenty in this game that you’re not going to do because it’s just not your strength. I’m atrocious at PvP – there’s just too much happening too quickly for me to process and keep up. I also detest the number crunching that plays into it – needing the right builds and gear to blah blah blah. I don’t ask ANet to diminish the PvP/WvW requirements so I, too, can get a chest every day.

Games need to reward those willing to fail, ad nauseum, and not just those who show up. There is already plenty in this game, and others, that reward a player for just showing up. You now get a reward just for logging in! Why add to the list of “I showed up, I’m here,” rewards?

This is a festival – it should be fun, not a chore. And making a game easier has nothing to do with making RL easier.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is a festival – it should be fun, not a chore. And making a game easier has nothing to do with making RL easier.

The meta can be completed in a few hours and players are given an entire month. Only the infinite achievements take time and they’re likely long to keep people doing the activities.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

This thread is a compilation of several threads about Wintersday. We apologize if any of the previous conversations are combined oddly — that is, if a conversation is somehow interspersed with another one. This thread will allow devs to get your feedback efficiently, so please continue to post feedback of any kind in this thread.

Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyr O Desolation.5017

I’ve been playing since release and honestly since the RNG is really bad, I figure other games want my money more. Account-binding nearly every meta reward, is not worth my time. Having to grind unrealistic content for the state of the game is not a step up, it’s a step down. I get you are a business, but as you are openly admitting an issue with RNG, gem buying is out of the picture.

It’s not always about winning, sometimes its about losing without feeling used.

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

One thing I want fixed, which had the same problem last year, is how in Snowball Mayhem, your weapon choice sometimes gets randomly changed right after the game starts. So I’m running down and suddenly my weapon changes spontaneously, which is unnerving.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

All I have to say is extremely rare + Account bound = stupid and should never ever be done again….Not for Halloween, not for Wintersday, not for anything.

It’s nice to have a second option to get the aquabreather but seriously, you finally give us an exotic aquabreather and it’s extremely rare AND account bound?

Why can’t we craft aqua breathers (except for that one odd lvl 20 heavy one http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Water_Filter). Why didn’t you instead give us a recipe so we could craft the lvl 80 exotic aquabreather…then making it account bound would be fine & dandy.

Also…make Toypocolypse into a dungeon rather than activity so we can join with friends. Re: toypocalypse…give everyone a passive 10-15% speed boost in there. I feel so dang slow in there. (or let me use my own utility skills)

And please no more bags within bags within bags. I’m getting terrible hand cramps and wrist pain because of all the clicking (and holding down ctrl/shift to find chests in the silverwastes, but that’s slightly different).

Thank you for trying to fix the loot in the gifts. I appreciate the greater numbers of snowflakes. I also appreciate you taking out one of the sigil/rune bags even if you didn’t fix the entire issue regarding bags in bags.

Also…with the exception of the weird desync bug with bell choir, I love it…don’t change it. Though what’s up with the 20 points total you can earn. Each round except for the last is worth 3 points…but because you can’t properly multiply we wind up with an odd last 30 songs is only worth 2 points. o.O

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I just got my last Tixx mini the other night, yay. In the meanwhile:

The meta this time around was definitely more strained with the removal of Winterday Daily counting towards it. I found them tedious but only from the angle of “I don’t have much time to play and now I have to hope Bells don’t bug on me” or “Can the gift dolyak drop more than one present this time, or will I need to fund another one?”.

It was mildly annoying. the prize is mostly worth it for me, but really wish there were other ways of acquiring the toy minis next year than the one-shot Meta. Or new minis which are available to ones who have all five of the toys.

I like it getting moved to Divinity’s Reach, but . . .

Can we please fix up Lion’s Arch now? It’s been how long since funding was getting collected and I’m starting to worry Evon ran off with it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

I also would like it if Bell Choir was a team competition or had a team competition mode for advanced players. Since the game already separates people into groups, why not give rewards based on team score?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

It was mildly annoying. the prize is mostly worth it for me, but really wish there were other ways of acquiring the toy minis next year than the one-shot Meta.

You can get the toy minis from the final reward in the PvP reward track, as well.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It was mildly annoying. the prize is mostly worth it for me, but really wish there were other ways of acquiring the toy minis next year than the one-shot Meta.

You can get the toy minis from the final reward in the PvP reward track, as well.

Hmm.

More speaking of how in the first year there was the events which rotated through the towns before settling on Lion’s Arch, where you would win Stuffing, Cogs, and Glue to make the miniatures. I don’t quite know why this was abandoned.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Hmm.

More speaking of how in the first year there was the events which rotated through the towns before settling on Lion’s Arch, where you would win Stuffing, Cogs, and Glue to make the miniatures. I don’t quite know why this was abandoned.

Well, the events rotating through the towns were abandoned because they were very slight variations on the same thing. Even then, there was only supposed to be enough Cogs to get you 2 of the minis, I think.

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

MMOs aren’t created to be so easy that they don’t even require you to try.

The problem is, most are. Including this one. Players are not used to the prospect of failure in video games these days. Hell, people are not used to the prospect of failure in life; kids these days are given “final runner-up” medals when they finish last at school sports races and whatnot to shield them from having to admit the prospect of failure. Everyone’s a winner in today’s society, and darned if you hint otherwise.

The world, and gaming in particular, has fully embraced this celebration of mediocrity to the point that people feel something is wrong with the game if they can’t “win.”

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Pro

• Finally for once in an other Town than Lions Arch
  • Ability to get from the Meta Achievement again the final last Missing Wintersday Minipet from those, that needed Cogs and Glue, so that people, which saved up until this year all their Cogs and Glue could get finally rid of this Junk and even trade this stuff this time in for Gifts, so that it wasn#t just a silly click and delete bye bye moment…but instead you got somethign out of it for saving this stuff for so long….
  • Easy Wintersday Dailies and those that have problems with the JP or the Bell Choir either have personal issues (L2P or simple get more experience with it), PC/Internet Problems or make simply just drama around their own inability to do these activities and want to blame Anet for their own incompetence that they cry for anet to nerf the situation down to NPE niveau

Part 2 comes next with Contra.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Orpheal.8263

Part 2.1 (due to length)

Contra

• The Rewards from the Wintersday Gifts are all Junk mostly, even after Anets “Fix” that doesn’t work at all, all this Junk still drops from the Wintersday Gifts, when they said, they removed it and placed it to the Vendor, like aklot of people wanted that, where Anet reacted our our “Community Feedback”, bad sadly this was either a lie, or its totally bugged and doesn’t work like planned as the hotfix changed absolutely nothing.
  • Just only a small Part of Divinitys Reach is decorated, what is really lame, compared to the previos years, where all of Lions Arch was each time completely decorated.
  • Nothing new at all, Wintersday feels like a complete warmed up Coffe and peopel disliek to receive each year the same old warmed up coffee.
    One or two new Wintersday Activities surely wouldn’t have been wished too much and it would have helped also all those cry babies, which want to have more Wintersday Activities for more options than 6, so that they don’t have to do either the JP or the Bell Choir
  • No Option to receive somehow the Wintersday 2012 special minipets, like Infinirarium, Foostivoo the Merry or the Snowman and that Light Bulb Golem which is disappointing so that Minipet Collectors which missed them earlier would have this year their chance to complete their collection with those…
  • Far more disappointing was it, like a slap in the face, that Anet put the Meta achievement Minipets for sale into the Gem Store, when it would have been much better to put either the other Minipets there, or some different item liek the Grenth Hood and its counterpart helm with the antlers
  • Too focused on Divinities Reach, yes there are again those big gifts on the open world to pop up for their gifts inside, but this year opening them is basically totaly pointles,s all you get is just a bunch of skritts and there is no reason to go out and search for them, which was the previous rears also under the achievements to do to progress on the meta… also very disappointing is, that doing the dailies this year, lets not progress the meta achievement, like the year before… so a total 180 degree design stepback here that is absolutely not understandable.

Orpheal.8263

Part 2.2 Complete

• Socks and Hats drop like there is no tomorrow, but pullovers in my opinion a bit too rare for the cost of 500 to get that magnaminous bell, you can’t even get that bell with socks or hats, what I find also personally disappointing, because it makes socks and hats basically worthless junk compared to pullovers.
    Looks like this is made so just on purpose, so that there is something, that peopel rather buy from other people just to get fast enough the needed amount of pullovers to get such a bell, because the drop rate for them in the gifts is naturally mind boggling abysmal low, like we know this already from Asian Grinder Wars 2 and there naturally also exist no mystic forge recipe or so, with that we can turn our millions of borign normal bells into one of those magnaminous bells…but again I guess, this would have been just wished too much or too confusing for many people to jhave a way there to turn those normal bells into an other permanent bell that is red this time – too confusing I say..too confusing
  • Again a Wintersday, that feels like a loreless shadow of itself compared to the Wintersdays of Guild Wars 1.
    Where are all the typical Wintersday Creatures, that we know from Guild Wars 1
    Grentches, Humbugs
    Where is the battle between Grenth Sympathisers and Dwayna Sympathisers for the battle for either Winter to come or Spring to last.
    In GW1 NPCs changed their looks based on which side they belonged to either Dwayna Look or Grenth Look (This would be something for PvP)
    But also for vW, based on if you would put a 3rd more neutral Look or maybe a 3rd new participator for that into, like a Balthazar faction kind of thing that would work as war lover as more neutral side between Dwayna and Grenth to help keeping balance.
  • Sadly again a Wintersday in GW2, with no return for lots of nostalgia GW1 wintersday items like:
    - Snowman Summoner
    - Yuletide Tonic
    - Fruitcake (as a new Buff Food Recipe)
    - Peppermind Candy Cane (Buff Food Recipe)
    - Eggnog (Buff Potion Recipe)
    - Spiked Eggnog (Buff Potion Recipe)

So please, bring back next years wintersday some GW1 Nostalgia that remind us on some of the old Wintersdays, which really feel like Wintersdays and that everywhere in the game, not just only in PvE, but also in WvW and PvP too!

• The whyever required nerf to Toypocalypse, that you can’t play it now anymore with your own team, but get random people now each time when you enter.
    This basically destroyed the complete fun of the activitivy to the point, that i wish it doesn’t reappear next year and gets completely scrapped out of the game for the favor of something completely new.

Thats my personal Pro & Contras, as you can clearly see, the Cons massively overweight here, cause this year I’m far more disappointed from the Wintersday, than last year, where it was good. Wintersday 2014 felt absolutely rushed!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sometimes I find the choir to become completely lagged out. I can enter and not get a single note right and get ejected. Go right back in and it’s perfectly fine and I have no trouble hitting the notes. So if you are having a lot of trouble, try resetting it by exiting and reentering. Also, I find the “upper” choice to be the easiest or simply the most pleasant to play.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Ardenwolfe.8590

MMOs aren’t created to be so easy that they don’t even require you to try.

The problem is, most are. Including this one. Players are not used to the prospect of failure in video games these days. Hell, people are not used to the prospect of failure in life; kids these days are given “final runner-up” medals when they finish last at school sports races and whatnot to shield them from having to admit the prospect of failure. Everyone’s a winner in today’s society, and darned if you hint otherwise.

The world, and gaming in particular, has fully embraced this celebration of mediocrity to the point that people feel something is wrong with the game if they can’t “win.”

This is a sad commentary, but undoubtedly a correct one. The recent responses about how ‘impossible’ the bell choir is make me pause. Especially since everything else is a cakewalk. Literally. But, when you coddle a community for so long, they tend to demand more and more of the same over time.

Even with their entertainment.

Seems self-defeating in the long term but, given the statements and opinions of late, not a surprising one either.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Its a made up festival that is still IN. A. GAME. How much easier can a game get where litterally, LITTERALLY, you can walk up to a boss and press nothing but the 1 key, and get a reward. How you can get four out of six achievements simply by talking to someone or clicking somewhere. You’re going to tell me, that you feel like you achieved something, and had fun doing it, by going up to hoho tron and giving him a copper. That is your idea of an achievement and idea of fun? Clicking around on piles of snow is fun and worthy of achievement? Opening gifts is an achievement?

But two other achievements that require you to put in effort, to actually try and put some effort into playing, and all of a sudden ALL of the achievements are undoable.

I’m starting to think that the people who can’t do these two achievements are the type of people targeted by some of the NPE features. They need a compass to hold their hand, percentages are scary, and bundles too confusing.

Ardenwolfe.8590

And there it is.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Its a made up festival that is still IN. A. GAME.

Yes. You seem to be mixing up two types of games however. This is not sports, it is entertainment. This game’s purpose is not to challenge us, but to make us enjoy ourselves.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ardenwolfe.8590

This game’s purpose is not to challenge us, but to make us enjoy ourselves.

I really don’t have the words. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Just try to keep it positive. Even though GW2 has its flaws, it’s still a better game than many.

On the first day of Wintersday, ArenaNet gave to me
A precursor for my legendary

Djinn.9245

[quote=4655270;Ayrilana.1396:]

Djinn.9245

The meta can be completed in a few hours and players are given an entire month. Only the infinite achievements take time and they’re likely long to keep people doing the activities.

I’m glad that you can complete the meta in a few hours (honestly). I’m still stuck trying to get 500 correct bell notes. I wait for them to enter the blue circle and most of the time I still take damage. It is tedious and a chore. I would really rather be having fun playing a game. (Games are supposed to be fun, right? I think maybe Anet doesn’t think so.) With the old system I would do festival dailies instead of this bell choir stuff. Now I either am forced to get 500 notes or just give up on completion. Being so close I’m doing the notes but I’m very resentful instead of having a good time.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

How about some tips. I’m shocked that it’s gotten to 3 pages and no one has actually tried to help. So here is some actual help.

If you’re not good a JP you won’t suddenly become good. But you can become good at the choir. The first important key to the choir is to reorient your camera to look straight down. If you’re looking over your shoulder it is very difficult to figure out when the tone needs to be played. But if you’re looking straight down it’s obvious. Play the tone when the light passes the line. Depending on your lag you might have to do it sooner, but once you know the sweet spot you’ll be good.

The next thing to learn is left hand on 1,2,3,4, right hand on 5,6,7,8. Separate them half and half and it’s more likely you’ll get through.

Lastly, go for upper registry. It’s almost entirely 1,2,3,4. There are a few songs with a small amount of left hand use, and one song with a lot. But for the most part it’s easy. Also, go for lower registry, it is probably the easiest one of the lot since it’s primarily the beat. Middle registry is the most complicated.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)