Wintersday in July

Wintersday in July

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Can we have one?

Or maybe, since its gw2… Wintersday in August?

Wintersday in July

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

1/10

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Wintersday in July

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

For what reason?

Wintersday in July

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

For what reason?

Because obviously, the player base demands it and should get whatever they want.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Wintersday in July

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

The Grentch summer adventure bonanza!!! Due to centuries of repeated failures, the Grentch hatch a plan to steal Tikk’s airship, and use it make toys that will cause kids to hate Wintersday forever.

Wintersday in July

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

For what reason?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wintersday_in_July

Is this a good enough one?

Wintersday in July

Zalladi.4652

For what reason?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wintersday_in_July

Is this a good enough one?

Actually, that’s not that bad. (Makes me want to finish my play through of GW1).

Wintersday in July

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It’s sad that I kind of considered this to be a good idea just to end the content drought.

I really hate that so many people clamored for an expansion. I was perfectly happy with free content every 2-4 weeks.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Wintersday in July

Posted by: Suziana.3759

Suziana.3759

No. That sounds ridiculous. Why would I want to celebrate Wintersday in July? That’s like celebrating Halloween in August, or Easter in September. Leave the holiday events in their proper order. It makes them special and something to look forward to. If anything they should have a Summer Festival.

.//Suz

Wintersday in July

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

No. That sounds ridiculous. Why would I want to celebrate Wintersday in July? That’s like celebrating Halloween in August, or Easter in September. Leave the holiday events in their proper order. It makes them special and something to look forward to. If anything they should have a Summer Festival.

Because it is winter in the southern hemisphere.

The seasonal events are based on northern hemisphere seasons, cannot see this changing in the future.

Wintersday in July

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

I want wintersday now to trade my ugly socks

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Wintersday in July

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

It was a legit festival in GW1. I dont know the origins of it but it was a true event.

Wintersday in July

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

For what reason?

Because:
a) gw2 could use more annual special events
b) waiting for hot for over one year gets boring, got boring a few months after announcement
c) wintersday is already designed, so I imagine starting it now wouldnt tax anet’s ressources too much
d) I could use some cooling here, with over 30°C outside

Wintersday in July

Zalladi.4652

For what reason?

Because:
a) gw2 could use more annual special events
b) waiting for hot for over one year gets boring, got boring a few months after announcement
c) wintersday is already designed, so I imagine starting it now wouldnt tax anet’s ressources too much
d) I could use some cooling here, with over 30°C outside

a) True, but why not something summer-themed (or Dragon Bash which was closer to now than Wintersday) as opposed to winter-themed?

b) An inevitable wait with any expansion for any MMO, although I am inclined to agree that there should be some form of small content update to keep players satisfied until its release. The content drought period is typical of almost every other MMO preceding an expansion, but Anet have built an expectation in their playerbase that there will be new content regularly, making this drought even more punishing.

c) Debatable; they have already stated that they couldn’t simply push a button to bring back SAB as that particular content was built with with different GW2 physics in mind that have changed since. I expect it is similar with Wintersday, albeit not as difficult to alter.

d) See attachment.

Attachments: