Wish List for the next Feature Pack?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Here’s my wishlist:

New Features

Dynamic Event Token Rewards
Completing dynamic events rewards the player with Event Tokens. Each DE awards a different amount dependent on difficulty, rate of occurrence and amount of time it takes to complete it.

Tokens are exchange-able for useful items such as t1-7 crafting materials, unique skins, boosters, exotic and ascended gear chests, and more.

New Fractal Rewards
Ascended chests, t6 materials and fractal weapon skin boxes are purchasable with relics. Each fractal will also have an unique skin drop from the end chest.

There is also an ‘Level of the Day’ where completing that level of fractals gives you a fractal rewards box with relics and a chance at unique skins (the same above).

Beating every instability from 1-50 gives you the title ‘He/she Who Wanders the Mists’.

Improvements to Existing Features

Changes to Boons
Applying new stacks of Might will not over-ride existing stacks of Might with higher remaining duration.

(PvE-only) Retaliation also applies Fury to self when triggered (CD 2 seconds).

PvE Condition Revamp

I think this has been mostly talked about enough for 2 years.

The only thing I’ll say is that I think Burning needs some sort of a revamp in PvE. It works for PvP because fights are low-scale but for massive PvE events, it just doesn’t work when 30 people are all applying burning.

Profession Changes

Elementalist
Churning Earth: damage increased by 75% in PvE.
Drake’s Breath: damage increased by 15% in PvE.
Cone of Cold: healing increased by 100% in PvE.
Ring of Earth: does 100% more damage on immobilized targets. Projectile block starts as soon as skill begins casting.

Zephyr’s Focus: stacks with Vigor.

Thief
Death Blossom: evade begins as skill begins casting. Evade duration increased to 1/2 seconds.
Dancing Dagger: applies 3 stacks of (8s) vulnerability on each hit.

Warrior
Arcing Slice: damage increases with adrenaline level.
Whirling Axe: damage increased (tbc how much)

Ranger
Hornet Sting: evade begins as soon as skill begins to cast.

Engineer
Napalm: increased the height of the fire field generated by this skill (see engineer section of forums for why).

Share your’s.

(edited by Xae Isareth.1364)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Considering how poorly received last months Feature Pack was, I’d caution the Dev’s on changing so much at once again.

For those profession changes, WHAT? No, just no!…. Power creep is WAY too prevalent as it is. There is absolutely no need to increase it further as it would destroy WvW balance. Heck, offense should be scaled back or armor/defense should be buffed as it is. And, you need more output for PvE? I’d insert the Jackie Chan meme but, it isn’t worth wasting server storage on

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Me?

I wish there’d be update to mobs, with variety to stats, abilities, attack speed, better rank usage and etc.

Not a serious difficulty increase, just that there’s actual engaging combat experience, instead of mobs that barely do anything…
Should not be too hard for casuals, to have mobs that don’t let you off by just standing majority of it’s time (Due to slow attack speeds, usually about 3-5 seconds delay for each action), than using abilities or dealing damage

But that’ll never happen…

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

Xae Isareth.1364

Considering how poorly received last months Feature Pack was, I’d caution the Dev’s on changing so much at once again.

For those profession changes, WHAT? No, just no!…. Power creep is WAY too prevalent as it is. There is absolutely no need to increase it further as it would destroy WvW balance. Heck, offense should be scaled back or armor/defense should be buffed as it is. And, you need more output for PvE? I’d insert the Jackie Chan meme but, it isn’t worth wasting server storage on

I agree that general offence should be scaled back, but the idea of balance is to keep the relative power of every skill in check. It’s a lot easier to just buff the handful of underdogs than to go all out and nerf every other skill out there. I don’t think Anet wants to do the latter.

What would be the point of increasing armor? If people can do stuff in full zerker, they will no matter how much you increase armor, just like if you can do a raid on WoW easily without a tank, people will even if you just make tanks have godmode.

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

My greatest wish for a futures Feature Patch would be more PvP oriented (not the excuse of “PvP Feature Patch” the last one was >.> ).

1. GvG: At least 3 maps with different objectives
    * Capture the flag like map.
    * Killing objectives like map.
    * Death match like map (this can be a labyrinth!).
  2. Do a balance Patch every 2 or 3 months, avoid using the feature patch for balance please!
  3. More SPvP modes
    * Capture the flag (10v10) (at least 1 map on the next FP, more can be added later).
    * Deathmatch Arenas (8v8,5v5,3v3) (2 or 3 small maps like the courtyard).

I’m happy with at least a half of one of this things Anet!!

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

What I posted earlier: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/suggestion-We-need-more-player-finding/first#post4458679

All I ever could need next feature patch would be what I posted here.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Xae Isareth.1364

1. Do a balance Patch every 2 or 3 months, avoid using the feature patch for balance please!

I would love that. They said they don’t want to whack-a-mole balance stuff but if they want to only balance things every 6 months, it pretty much has to be big, sweeping, changes, otherwise the iterative process is just too slow.

I would also love it if they separate PvP and PvE in terms of skill coefficients more. The modes are just too different to be all balanced under one umbrella.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Actual progressive features. Not regression.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Build templates.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I wish they would add even more meaning to build diversity by:
- Improving defensive/supportive gear.
- Adding more of supportive traits to certain classes. (Especially thieves and necromancers)
- Rewarding people who play supportive roles(For example – with bonus damage/experience)
- Tweeking Healing Power
- Add skills/traits that decrease cooldowns of other people.

The last one, I feel – is the closest to a supportive skill we can get in the game as it is. Healing people doesn’t mean much as every class has their own healing skill, so instead decreasing other players’s cooldowns might be a good idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adding some kind of interaction between Rangers and their pets would be amazing.
Maybe some kind of leveling system? Or adding small boosts to different pets?
Right now it all comes down to looking for ‘weapons’ on different maps; simple tools.

It wouldn’t have to be anything huge, for example:
- Arctodus could decrease condition duration on its owner by 5%.
- Eagle could increase running speed by 5%.
- Pig could increase magic find by 5%…
and so on and so forth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also feel like guardians are the easiest class there is at the moment. They have an easy beggining, easy mid-game, easy end-game. Maybe it’s just my opinion, but I noticed a huge leap between(for example) guardian and engineer.
Sadly I don’t know what to do with them to balance them out with other classes. As far as I know, guardians don’t get progressively stronger, they are strong from the beggining.

Examples:
- As a guardian, I had no problem at all with my story missions. I even used them to farm keys.
- As an engiee/thief/necromancer…the beggining wasn’t that easy at all, I died a lot and couldn’t finish my story missions before I got a higher level.

- As a guardian, I managed to successfuly kill Tequatl with no problem from level 45 up. Even though I didn’t have much health and didn’t deal that much damage, it was hard for me to die there. I didn’t really have to dodge much.
- I barely managed to finish Tequatl at my level 60 thief. Other classes were also harder to use.

So yeah, I’m not sure what to do about it – Guardian is the easiest class at the moment. At least for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TRAITS
Please lower them to level 10 or 15. People should be able to experiment from early levels. That is all. Thank you.

Xae Isareth.1364

In terms of necromancers, it’s not that they don’t have supportive roles. They’re one of the best, if not the best classes at enemy boon stripping and condition management. It’s just that the game very rarely uses any of those mechanics in PvE.

I also think we need more active interaction between skills. At the moment in PvE, there’s very little thought process in using DPS skills. You just blow up your highest damaging skills when it goes off cooldown.

What would be interesting would be to make more skills like Firegrab, where there are conditions to draw out the skill’s full potential.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Fix the HUD more so that every icon and effect doesn’t shoot all the way off screen when you have every MF buff, banner and skill on you.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

won’t people just farm dynamic events? i’ve written a suggestion that encourages players to participate in game content which includes but isn’t limited to dynamic events.. it would be a slightly more complicated system than dailies but wouldn’t be an impossible waste of resources for arena net.. it’s in my signature if anyone is interested

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I would rather not see these “feature packs” at all. I most definitely want the features added, but would rather see them drip fed in the content patches.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Fix the reward system, that’s it.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Does fixing the hack job they did with the last part of the personal story count?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I would like to add some direct Sigil replacements for certain damage types. Right now for example, there are not any sigils to add conditions like burning, poison directly on hit or on crit right now. I think these two missing really doesn’t improve the game and actually leaves holes in the possible builds. Sure people say you can use the swap but swaps really aren’t what players need in their builds most of the time.

I propose they add these two conditions to the on hit on crit list and I propose that they make all condition applying sigils apply in a small AOE just as the Torment sigil does because many classes rely on condition stacking both for damage bonuses as for healing in some cases (like the necromancer).

I’d also like to ask for the filling of every nook and cranny globally of a mechanism similar to the lockpick/hidden sandstorm dry top boxes for exploratory purposes in the post level 30 zones so that the feeling of being rewarded for exploration is restored to the open world, and rewards to the open world improve in general. (it’s been said and is true, that the rewards are too focused in PVP maps and dungeons only, PVE open world even in level 70+ and 80 zones have been lacking comparatively.)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Event tokens – puppies and kittens, no. Currency creep is a bug, not a feature! We already get gold and karma from events, why do you want more? I would like to be able to use karma for more things, but we don’t need a new currency to replicate karma.

My suggestions:
1) Karma should be useful for more items. Right now it’s kind of a wasted currency. There used to be many things we could get for karma, but they keep being removed, especially bulk purchases of cooking ingredients. This is very frustrating, and I wish those would be restored. They were account bound, so they couldn’t even go on the TP.

2) Traits need to be changed. A few ideas:

• Unlock a trait account wide once earned. Ex: I unlock the Line 1, Trait 1 on one character. The Line 1, Trait 1 is now unlocked for all professions. The goal is less boring repetition.
  • Have a quest/event chain/story step that unlocks traits at each level. Each profession would have an adept-unlock chain, a master-unlock chain and a grandmaster-unlock chain. This could be an early PS step that reuses the characters that disappear like family members, warbands, etc. Or it could be a special Living Story type chapter. Or maybe just an event chain that players get pointed to after they hit a certain level.

3) Housing instances are basically unused. Tie them into the story or lore. We need to rebuild LA now, could players donate or perform an event chain to get special things for their home instance? Perhaps characters we met through the PS and LS can show up sometimes in our home instance? I want to see our homes integrated into the game so they actually feel like homes.

4) Exploration should be fun. I want to find hidden awesome in random crannies instead of feeling like the only reason to explore is to hit all the POIs. This doesn’t need to be hidden chests. Great places to hang out in (there’s a wonderful hidden pool in Caledon Forest that would be great for RP), interesting area-specific mob behavior or hidden events are good too. The skritt undermountain area in Brisban Wildlands is a good example. It advances lore, has fun NPCs, is visually interesting and has fun events. Exploring there was rewarding because it was fun, even though it’s not lucrative.

(edited by Gilosean.3805)

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I don’t get what the point is for stating what you’re wishing for — unless the dev’s have stated that it’ll be in the next release or whatever, then it’s all still (very much) up in the air.

I’d like to be more constructive on this, but Anet have a history of disappointing people in this game, and feature packs are but one area.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

Allow rangers to give their pets names that stick until the player changes it.

Terrin.2685

How about opening up armor dyes for use as hair dyes. The base color, highlights, tips of the hair, and a single strip of hair would allow four dyes slots.

Terrin.2685

I realize this is a long shot but what about letting us use our other characters as mercenaries in the dungeons?

They are not a lot of fun when most people who do them leave people behind because they want to watch the story mode cut scenes or can’t move at warp speed through explorable mode.

Terrin.2685

For the purposes of customer convenience being able to issue manufacturing orders to our other characters without logging in and out would be a great boon.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

My biggest wish for feature packs is that there won’t be any more. Almost all (if not completely all) of the updates and changes in the last feature pack could have easily been introduced gradually through regular game patches. The fact that they took game changes that would fit perfectly in normal patches and market it as a big bundle that will change your entire game experience seems more like a marketing ploy to cover up the lack of substantial content release.

Do they really have so little to offer the game that they bundle class balances and tweaks to leveling together as something groundbreaking and spectacular? Not to mention all the crafting skins were just taken from GW2 China which has already had them for a while. I personally feel that the only content I felt didn’t belong in a routine patch was the Achievement skins, collection achievements, and new sPvP track.

The Living Story is alright but the LS and the Feature Packs seem more like filler material than actual game substance, and marketing the LS and game balances as if they are the whole reason to keep playing GW2 is a cheap way to grasp at more customers to pay for gems without producing real content.

If there absolutely has to be a feature patch, all I would want from it is some legitimate feedback from ANet on whether or not they are developing expansion-quality content, or if they are sticking with the fan-fiction styled Living Story all about the biconics; with such a statement, I could finally decide if I want to stick with GW2 or quit for another game. GW2 is a great game and my personal favorite for the past 2 years, and these are just my opinions on the matter and should not be taken as official factual statements.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Xae Isareth.1364

won’t people just farm dynamic events? i’ve written a suggestion that encourages players to participate in game content which includes but isn’t limited to dynamic events.. it would be a slightly more complicated system than dailies but wouldn’t be an impossible waste of resources for arena net.. it’s in my signature if anyone is interested

That’s a good idea. The problem I see with it though, is that if you give people specific DEs to complete, they have to wait for it to spawn.

I think there’s nothing really wrong with farming. It’s kind of like a MMO staple really, and a lot of people enjoy that.

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT
Wardrobe Improvements

• Outfits now override equipment slots, and each slot can be dyed or hidden individually.
  • Hiding an outfit slot will display the currently equipped armor instead.

General

• Reduced ambient lighting during the night in all maps.
  • Light emitted by other players’ equipment is now visible.

New Player Experience

• Added an option to disable all changes related to the New Player Experience.

Megaservers

• Added a drop-down list to view and select the map copy you are playing on.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions

• The Guild Cloak back item has been added to the Gem Store for 500 gems.
  • The Swimsuit outfit has been added to the Gem Store for 700 gems.
  • All previously existing town clothes are now available as outfits in the Gem Store for 500 gems each.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

• Main focus: Conditions implementation re-vamped
    • How, I do not know, it’s not a easy task.
  • Outfits as individual pieces, separately dyable (like they were in the past)
  • At least one new (existing) weapon to every profession
    • E.g., hammer to Engineer, dagger to Mesmer, etc.
  • At least one Legendary trinket added
  • Precursor crafting implemented
    • I have all the weapons I want mind you, this is more for others than for me.
  • Tokens and reward vendors expanded to encompass mostly everything
    • WvW Rank Up Chests, PvE World Events, etc.
Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Xae Isareth.1364

In terms of a condition revamp, the one thing which is absolutely nessecary is to get rid of the condition cap. There has been all sorts of suggestions made on how this could. E done without just having unlimited stacks.

Like boons, thy had to make it such that stronger conditions arent bring overwritten by weaker ones.

That’s the two main things really. Theres a lot of other issues such as how to address burning in a group, and the lack of synergy in stats (make power scale condtion damage as well?) and effects (vulnerability increasing condition ticks?) in condition builds vs direct builds be those two are the major things wrecking condition builds in a group setting.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’ll just be happy with them fixing all the bugs and other quirks (like missing PvP skins) introduced in the past two feature packs.

But if I really want to dream, expanded weapons for all classes and maybe a new class.

And no, I don’t need anyone to tell me how unlikely that is, it’s a dream for a reason.

Terrin.2685

More light armor pants.

The only one I know of looks like something a genie would wear. Except this has a viewing window that shows the top 1/4 of the butt crack.

My elementalist is not Queen Jenna’s magic plumber.

Posted by: JackDaniels.1697

JackDaniels.1697

I got tons of stuff I would like to see featured, but here’s a few:

1. An Account Bound Bag
But they can go further and make it better by organizing it by the different items in the game. E.g. instruments get their own account slots, items like the broom, carpet etc. get their own account slots, gathering tools get their own account slots, and so on. Basically, items that are used for activities, for social purposes and to play with should go under this category, not ascended rings for example. That can go neatly in the bank.

2. Pve / Pvp / WvWvW Templates
I know they talked about trying to tie dyes and gear into them, so this one might take a while before we see them.

3. Revamped World Bosses
I really hate just spamming 1 on them, it’s time to make them challenging, and it does not necessarily have to be on Teq’s level, and forget about Triple Trouble, but Marionette level maybe? And if people all they care about is doing a world boss to get their daily rares, then they are being selfish. And new world bosses will be good to see of course, but I don’t want Anet to forget about the one’s currently in game, because they do need some work. And if the excuse is that new players will struggle with this, spare me please, because there is tons of veterans that go to these world events that new players will always have a helping hand.

4. Revamped Dungeons
They don’t have to do another Aetherblade path, just take the one’s you have, and break them down by sections, and cut sections if necessary (for those paths that have the same event maybe), and add mechanics to bosses. If Anet takes a lesson from Aetherblade path and fractal bosses, dungeons can actually be good again. Also optional events in dungeons should either be removed (because nobody ever does them), or make it so by doing them, the rewards get better at the end boss, or something. Buuuuuuut, I don’t think Anet is even thinking about touching dungeons atm. /cry

These are what really bother me that we don’t have.

“I got a fever! And the only prescription, is more COWBELL!”

Posted by: LegacyOTS.4681

LegacyOTS.4681

Mobs do more conditions I mean a lot kind of like the slime things for Arah so I have a reason to use condition remove skills more. Mobs hit more often and faster so I have to be smarter with my dodges and skills. Also to have down state only for lvls 1-79 and removed from 80 or removed from the game completely LOL. Can’t count how many times I should of been dead in PVP/PVE but to there surprise not so much mine that I owned them even thought technically they won….Once Your dead game over I feel unless some one revive you or you waypoint. Yes I understand removal of the down mode would mean a loss of a ton of skills but it would open the game to ….wait For it….. Other skills that don’t have you looking like a baby throwing rocks and dirt because you got the kitten beat out of you. (end rant) I would like to use water weapons and water skills on land kitten would be cash XD cause they have a lot of cool animations. My final want for a future patch is jewel crafting 500.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

We all want a nice skill system that gives everyone quite some flexibility, the problem is that the only flexibility we have is within utility skill slots.
There are barely any healing skills and (AFAIK) every profession only has one single elite to use underwater, something that is simply not needed.
So to make things more flexible I introduce a system that makes the game a bit simpler but also gives the flexibility we all want.

Weapon slot skills
Weapon skill can now be changed just like utility skills, every slot has 2 alternative skill to be changed with. (so 3 skills per slot in total)
Weapons will now have a bigger diversity, they are now not made for just one role but can be changed to fill two roles in one.
All one handed weapons have five skills, when an off-hand weapon is placed it will replace the last two skills.

Skill improvement system
Before I explain this system I have to explain why I want this change, the skills we have now barely to never really improve but at the same time the trait system is way to specific.
To further explain my reason, Anet wanted to change the trait system to make it closer to GW1 but they actually made it worse and overly specifies traits again way to specific.
So to make it a bit more widespread I thought of this system, it will make player a bit more unique within their skills and improves the skills directly.

Every skill will have their own skill tiers, they are improvements to make a basic skill work better and diverse the player tactics.
Example, let’s take meteor shower from the elementalist.
First you have the basic skill, when you have enough skill points you can improve the skill by adding a benefit.
The first tier can be something like a choice between increasing the AoE or increasing the damage, you can only choose one but it will improve the skill.
Now the second tier can be a choice between more meteors falling down or a burning effect of 2 seconds after every hit, again you can only choose one benefit but it will improve your skill regardless.
You can do this on all skills, even on heal skills.
Not all skills has more then one tier of improvements, some have only one tier while others can have up to four tiers in a skill.
The higher the tier, the more skill points you need to improve.
Weapon skills have their first tier for free, no skill point needed.
Do keep in mind that a decision is permanent, you can’t swap for a different one.
There will be NPC’s offering a skill reset, everyone can make a mistake but to prevent on the fly advantages (in case of PvP) this needs to be added.

Trait system improvements
The trait system will now be unlocked from the start at level 15 but there are less traits to go for, this is because half the trait functions we have now are already in skills.
However, the traits will be changed to better deal with skills on a more widespread scale, traits will now for instance improve the range of all skills instead of one type of skill.
Let’s take the AoE trait of the necromancer, this is specifically made for marks on the staff, now it will improve every skill’s range that has a higher range then X range.
This will make the trait more beneficial for every skill instead of a select group, making it closer to what Anet intended, making traits work closer to GW1.
This will make the trait system easier to understand since it will not overly complicate the system, new player can now focus more on improving their character and all they have to do is choose what they want within a small amount of traits.
It grands space on enjoying the game, no need on reading a thick book about traits just to understand half their functions, simple is always better especially for a new player.

Underwater and utility skills (PvE-only)
Utility skill slots underwater now don’t share their recharge above water, the skills them self do.
The reason behind this change is so you are not at a disadvantage when going out of the water while using different skills above water, it will also make it easier to keep them separated entities.

that’s it for now, excuse the grammar :P

Posted by: Jairyn.6913

Jairyn.6913

GvG with customizable, “raidable” (not that kind of raid) guild halls.

Customizable housing in the home instance, with story lines related to improving your neighborhood.

“Social” events (as opposed to “Zerg this boss”) and hearts in capital cities.

More activities/minigames, like we there were supposed to be.

3-6 utility skills for each profession, scattered throughout the game world similar to GW1 skil capture or tied to new dungeons/fractals.

Access to a new weapon for each profession (MH pistol for mesmers).

More minipets available from actual gameplay vs. the gem store. Maybe some more cosmetic mounts like the broom and carpet, available the same way.

(edited by Jairyn.6913)

Xae Isareth.1364

Things I would love to see:

1. Remove Megaserver.
2. Add Friend Request System.
3. Add Hard Mode.
4. Add Guild Halls.
5. Add Build Templates.
6. More CPU Optimization.

I’m not really convinced that removing mega servers is a good option. What would it achieve?