Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

would be nice would be if they added a few more things there, such as:

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

WoW's failure is GW2 gain

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

He was saying add those to the home instances.

No, I don’t think they will add those to the home instance since they already sell the passes to the Royal Terrace and the Captain’s Airship. Adding that would reduce the passes value and the money ANet gets for their sale. In addition it would encourage people to isolate themselves in their home instances which would be bad for the game overall.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Yeah sorry but I don’t agree, garrisons is one the best features they’ve made for the game, it’s one of the things I enjoyed building while leveling. The bad part about it is every character you level from 90-100 needs to do it, it becomes a pain in the kitten , it also broke a few trade professions.

Only reason I’m not playing still is because I’m not going to pay them while they stagger the release of content I’m interested in, lfr stuff which they’ve also turned into a hit 1 fall asleep mode. SS vs TM also turned out to be 40v40 instead of 100v100 as originally planned, so it’s back to wvw here.

Would be nice if the home instance in gw2 was made interesting, like get your own minions to send on quests, all we got now is going back to farm useless nodes.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

This thread caused me to seriously consider resubscribing to wow

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Blizzard is a company that refuses to learn from past mistakes and refuses to listen to anyone at all. It’s why every expansion goes in a different direction and why everything is a knee jerk reaction.

A net has their own issues don’t get me wrong, but unlike wow you don’t pay a recurring cost for this game.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Anet tends to do things different than the beaten path so even if they do implement ‘housing’, I doubt it wouldn’t have some additional value to the way we interact with the game. Most games don’t give a good reason to make a player go to their home. The home itself is not a source of content nor does usually getting it.

Posted by: Castrin.8972

Castrin.8972

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

Please note I said stations, not resource nodes. Crafting stations (artificer, jeweler, weapon smith, etc.) are not part of the home instance. They might be an addition that was once available but as a basic service they are not there.

Peace.

Grandmaster
Order of the Empyrean Shield [OES]

(edited by Castrin.8972)

Castrin.8972

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

No, I don’t think they will add those to the home instance since they already sell the passes to the Royal Terrace and the Captain’s Airship. Adding that would reduce the passes value and the money ANet gets for their sale. In addition it would encourage people to isolate themselves in their home instances which would be bad for the game overall.

Good point however you missed a detail. They are also selling Home Portal Stones.

If ANet provided the services that I noted above in home instances then the sales for those (which are 100 gems less) would probably explode. Especially since unlike the passes, the stones return you to where you were previously.

Peace.

Grandmaster

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

Good point however you missed a detail. They are also selling Home Portal Stones.

If ANet provided the services that I noted above in home instances then the sales for those (which are 100 gems less) would probably explode. Especially since unlike the passes, the stones return you to where you were previously.

Peace.

They also sell banking golems and BLTC TP and merchants for use anywhere.

There’s also permanent versions of those on the TP.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Blizzard is a company that refuses to learn from past mistakes and refuses to listen to anyone at all. It’s why every expansion goes in a different direction and why everything is a knee jerk reaction.

A net has their own issues don’t get me wrong, but unlike wow you don’t pay a recurring cost for this game.

Refusing to learn from past mistakes and refusing to listen to anyone at all? That doesn’t remind me of any other MMO at the moment quietly peers at the link in my signature

Ultimately, if one group of players gets something they like, someone else will still find fault with it. As for expansions going ina different direction, that to me is the draw. I like to see different things and different ideas. If it was all just the same old, and nothing but the same old being added, then I’d lose interest. Perhaps that is a contributing factor to the downward trend in subscriber numbers.

As for not having to pay a recurring cost, true, but to those of us who play wow, we seem satisfied to spend that money in exchange for what we get in return. More are happy to incur that cost than has been for several years. No doubt it will dip once the fresh new coat of polish goes, but while its there, people are happy to pay.

I think Blizzard do a fairly good job of learning from their past ideas, both the mistakes and the successes. The evolution of the game over the decade it has been going is a strong testament to that in my opinion.

I think I’ll stop this line of thought here, because while I know I love both games, if I had to choose between them, GW2 wouldn’t the the one at he moment. Happily, the different business models mean that I don’t need to be either/or. I can enjoy both as I wish. As for having to pay a sub, I don’t mind, as I feel I get a great experience for it. Just as not too long ago I was happy to support this game through regular gem purchases that often equalled and sometimes exceeded how much i spent to subscribe to wow. Unfortunately, what I perceive as their refusal to listen and act has stopped that for me.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Castrin.8972

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

Peace.

They also have all the above in various places on the Tyria map. They also have this system called way points that let you go to racial home zones relatively freely.

So by your logic those golems and instant access tools should be removed since they are a duplication of other options. Or maybe you believe they should never have been added.

Either way, I think you’ve missed the point completely.

Peace.

Grandmaster

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

- personal banker
- crafting stations
- merchant
- BLTC agent

These exist already

Peace.

They also have all the above in various places on the Tyria map. They also have this system called way points that let you go to racial home zones relatively freely.

So by your logic those golems and instant access tools should be removed since they are a duplication of other options. Or maybe you believe they should never have been added.

Either way, I think you’ve missed the point completely.

Peace.

By what logic? All I said was that they had those various things for sale. So tell me, what is “My logic” that you seem to think you’re rebutting against?

Castrin.8972

By what logic? All I said was that they had those various things for sale. So tell me, what is “My logic” that you seem to think you’re rebutting against?

Ah so you made note of those things for no purpose other than to inform us. Just in case we forgot.

Apologies for misunderstanding and thanks for the information.

Peace.

Grandmaster