Work, work work... what's the fun in that?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ronah Lynda.2496

Ronah Lynda.2496

You guys have eliminated the mounts so you would be different from other MMO but you let in the most annoying thing in the game – The Crafting.
Of course there are players who enjoy this, but, hey I could say the same things about mounts too and you won’t listen. But instead of making the crafting very simple like it was in GW1 where you just needed to gather materials, now you made all sorts of unnecessary splits into materials refinements etc.
Can’t we just have simple crafting like “you need 1000 x material, 100 b material” instead of you need 10 w material which needs 100 a material each etc.
I am sorry but this just feells like Work Work Work… as one of those Charr workers in LA say.. What’s the fun ion that?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Ummm.

They didn’t eliminate mounts, simply because they never had them in the game in the first place. Crafting is fine, unless you want a particular skin/weapon/armour you really don’t have to do it. You can get through the game with exotics if you HAVE to.

I played GW1 and I know of the crafting you are talking of and tbh that was not crafting. That was gathering for a vendor, plain and simple. People wanted a more in depth crafting system for GW2 so Anet gave it. If you think about it compared to a lot of other MMOS GW1 had nothing to offer players except – combat, combat, combat. GW2 is not that much better, in fact it still suffers from that. Many players enjoy a lot of other MMOs for the various types of content they have. I would say if they addded a lot more content to this game that did not revolve around – kill, kill, kill and hey I swung my sword again and KILLED again then maybe, just maybe this game might get those extra players that they want that they think all this dumbing down of the game was meant to solve…

Then again maybe I am way off base here. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I actually agree with this…and I like crafting.

I think too many things force players to craft who don’t like it.

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

my only problem with crafting is that some mats are RNG to be acquired.

(or am i wrong?)

Would it be cool to live forever?

Vayne.8563

You’re right, but most of it is not that bad….most of it. lol

Paulytnz.7619

Well you never know, they may bring in alternatives in the future. Some people don’t like to unlock traits so they have the option to spend gold. They could do something similar in the future I guess….

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

I’d trade Crafting for Mounts. No joke.

Serpiously though, the major problem is that last 400 – 500 often being prohibitively expensive, and even then it’s most jsut for ascended stuff that isn’t super necessary to play the game.

But it’s just a drag to just robotically look up a guide and craft what you need to level crafting. Feel counter to GW2 general levelling experience.

Perhaps you could have little crafting quests that let you level more like the main story, getting mats and crafting specific items for a given quest giver. Seems like that suits GW2 more.

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i have a character only for cooking cause there are soooooo many “second”-materials

Paulytnz.7619

I’d trade Crafting for Mounts. No joke.

Serpiously though, the major problem is that last 400 – 500 often being prohibitively expensive, and even then it’s most jsut for ascended stuff that isn’t super necessary to play the game.

But it’s just a drag to just robotically look up a guide and craft what you need to level crafting. Feel counter to GW2 general levelling experience.

Perhaps you could have little crafting quests that let you level more like the main story, getting mats and crafting specific items for a given quest giver. Seems like that suits GW2 more.

I never had to look up any guide to level up any craft. Funny enough if you have the mats on hand by just playing as you go along and use the discover feature of crafting you pretty much get to lvl 400 without even trying. 400-500 is much the same except it’s exotics, so you will need ectos for that.

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

I don’t mind the “craftception”. My only concern is some of the mats are too RNG XD

Would it be cool to live forever?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

yes, i really dont know what made them decide that crafting your own gear should be required for best in slot. They had already started down the path with legendaries.

I generally enjoy crafting, but it should never have been something required. Why should friends who absolutely hate crafting have to grind to level 500 to get best in slot.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I make several gold a day simply by crafting gated materials. I also make gold by refining (which you think is pointless) and promoting stuff. So yes, making money when I don’t feel like killing monsters in lvl 80 maps or dungeons but want to relax in the game fits my definition of “fun”.

Also the crafting UI became a whole lot better with the new patch. And yeah, can you level an alt just by riding a mount?

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

And yeah, can you level an alt just by riding a mount?

You can level a mount by riding a mount. ^^ (in some other game, of course, where everything is work …)

Greetings.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

When it comes to mounts, I’d support them so long as they do not provide any movement speed buffs at all. In other words, purely cosmetic.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I actually want crafting to be more difficult so less people do it and you can actually make some coin from doing it.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

The most oddball thing about it to me:

You only “need” lvl 500 crafting if you do a lot of high level FotM.

Seems like there wouldn’t be a lot of overlap between hardcore dungeon runners and crafting enthusiasts, but I don’t make the rules :-P

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Cooking discovery is a lot of fun. I agree about having to craft though. Everything should be purchasable by those who detest crafting in games.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

You guys have eliminated the mounts

OMG I hate how they “eliminated” mounts from GW2! I’m soooooo mad at ANET right now!

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

What happened to a suggestion that anyone that uses the word ‘mounts’ gets a perma ban????

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

OMG I hate how they “eliminated” mounts from GW2! I’m soooooo mad at ANET right now!

Yes they lined them up and shot them before release, probably find a smuggled video about it.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I detest the crafting system in this game.

One example: I want to craft bolts of damask. I need a freaking SPREADSHEET to determine all the materials I need to create to create the thing I want to create. This is the most kitteny kitten kitten crafting system. EVER.

Hate it. Thank you for listening to my rant.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Vesuvius.9874

Yes they lined them up and shot them before release, probably find a smuggled video about it.

That’s terrible! Someone call PETA!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Heard it was something about an NPC called Roy Rodgers, shouted trigger at a mount showing and an Assuri said OK, you can guess the rest. They of course will refuse to admit anything went wrong with the game.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

my only problem with crafting is that some mats are RNG to be acquired.

(or am i wrong?)

You’re not wrong, but the amount of materials you can’t get from harvesting or common drops is small. Even gemstones appear at a decent rate. RNG is only really an issue with lodestones, large skulls, and giant eyes.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What does crafting and mounts (or lack thereof) have to do with each other?

You know that other game is still there for you to go play, right?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Vayne.8563

I detest the crafting system in this game.

One example: I want to craft bolts of damask. I need a freaking SPREADSHEET to determine all the materials I need to create to create the thing I want to create. This is the most kitteny kitten kitten crafting system. EVER.

Hate it. Thank you for listening to my rant.

It’s a bit better since the last patch, since you can open the sub items you need to make the item you’re working on.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The sad thing is PETA would applaud.

I am not even joking.

Vesuvius.9874

The sad thing is PETA would applaud.

I am not even joking.

Why? Because even they hate the idea of mounts in GW2? :P

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

In reference to crafting….I feel it could definitely needs some improvement.
It seems to be easier for 0-200 as most of the mats you will more than likely have on hand just playing normally. But once you reach the higher levels it seems costlier to craft an item than it does to buy it outright on the TP.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

The most oddball thing about it to me:

You only “need” lvl 500 crafting if you do a lot of high level FotM.

Seems like there wouldn’t be a lot of overlap between hardcore dungeon runners and crafting enthusiasts, but I don’t make the rules :-P

think nether and you see the problem, not everyone has time to play GW2 every single day nor does everyone see the fun in getting everything as ASAP.