World Boss Daily vs jumping puzzle daily

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Why not more PvE options like that Daddicus said. I don’t do WvW or PvP. So the 4 options for PvE is lacking. (Happy for all the people who do the PvP, JPs, WvW. Glad you enjoy them and can DO them. I can’t and don’t, so don’t tell me to do them. )

Since the change, the number of PvE dailies that I can actually do has dropped significantly. The number of choices is 4….you have to do 3 of those. So basically no real options in PvE. ( Again…don’t tell me to do PvP or WvW. I don’t consider them a valid alternative to PvE. )

More PvE options are needed, not trying to push non PvP players into those areas or adding JPs that are near impossible to do.

gosh, there are usually 4-6 really really easy dailies that can be done in < 10 mins with minimal effort, frequently without even pitting yourself against other players (because people like to cooperate to complete the dailies). if only you would step outside your comfort zone long enough to try it out.

more options are not needed.

youre defending your closed mind and trying to preemptively cut off a response like mine with your post. but a response like mine is exactly the response a post like yours deserves.

seriously. daily farm custom arenas are not pvp. theyre pve. the sooner you knock it into your head the easier itll be for you to check off dailies.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Why not more PvE options like that Daddicus said. I don’t do WvW or PvP. So the 4 options for PvE is lacking. (Happy for all the people who do the PvP, JPs, WvW. Glad you enjoy them and can DO them. I can’t and don’t, so don’t tell me to do them. )

Since the change, the number of PvE dailies that I can actually do has dropped significantly. The number of choices is 4….you have to do 3 of those. So basically no real options in PvE. ( Again…don’t tell me to do PvP or WvW. I don’t consider them a valid alternative to PvE. )

More PvE options are needed, not trying to push non PvP players into those areas or adding JPs that are near impossible to do.

gosh, there are usually 4-6 really really easy dailies that can be done in < 10 mins with minimal effort, frequently without even pitting yourself against other players (because people like to cooperate to complete the dailies). if only you would step outside your comfort zone long enough to try it out.

youre defending your closed mind and trying to preemptively cut off a response like mine with your post. but a response like mine is exactly the response a post like yours deserves.

seriously. daily farm custom arenas are not pvp. theyre pve. the sooner you knock it into your head the easier itll be for you to check off dailies.

scavenger’s chasm jp in less than 10 minutes?? let alone the other choices??? Ya Ok. Lets head to cassi to for survival—broken can’t access. oh well.
But the point is there would be nothing wrong to add a few more PvE dailies. Would it actually have any impact what so ever on how you do your dailies (or anyone else for that matter that argues against more options)? NO. It would have absolutely no impact on those that do the JPs or go to WvW and PvE to get them done.
It seems that the closed mindedness is more from those that argue against more daily options for no reason whatsoever other than to argue against the suggestion.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I suspect you are confusing a player who Doesn’t do WvW or PvP after thoroughly trying both, with a player who has not tried both.
Why would you make that assumption without asking?
Isn’t it possible they are fine with either game mode but don’t enjoy the players there?

I’m glad too that you like PvP. Some of us would simply rather try soloing the Vinewrath. We both paid the same for the game so we both get to enjoy the parts we like. My “closed mind” lol, wont change because of your likes or dislikes, ever.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I suspect you are confusing a player who Doesn’t do WvW or PvP after thoroughly trying both, with a player who has not tried both.
Isn’t it possible they are fine with either game mode but don’t enjoy the players there?

I’m glad too that you like PvP. Some of us would simply rather try soloing the Vinewrath. We both paid the same for the game so we both get to enjoy the parts we like. My “closed mind” lol, wont change because of your likes or dislikes, ever.

There are “PvE servers” for PvP where players can get their dailies without having to engage in actual PvP. Several of the WvW dailies don’t require interacting with any players.

There’s a group of PvE players that want more PvE options after they completely disregard 8 other possible choices for dailies. There are even those that go further and do the same for specific PvE dailies that they don’t want to do such as JP’s and adventures. Any reduction in choices is completely caused by the players themselves.

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

gosh, there are usually 4-6 really really easy dailies that can be done in < 10 mins with minimal effort, frequently without even pitting yourself against other players (because people like to cooperate to complete the dailies). if only you would step outside your comfort zone long enough to try it out

There are “PvE servers” for PvP where players can get their dailies without having to engage in actual PvP. Several of the WvW dailies don’t require interacting with any players.

There’s a group of PvE players that want more PvE options after they completely disregard 8 other possible choices for dailies. There are even those that go further and do the same for specific PvE dailies that they don’t want to do such as JP’s and adventures. Any reduction in choices is completely caused by the players themselves.

This is the kind of point of view that is not helpful. Most of the time the PvP and WvW requires some type of pvp action. While it may not seem like a big deal to you it is a big deal to other people.

I’m one of those who won’t do PvP. I’ve tried it several times and I get severe debilitating anxiety doing it. WvW is a little less anxiety but only if I’m in a big overpowering zerg. I also have to stay way in the back away from opposing players to make it a little more manageable. I still try to avoid it though. The PvE pvp stuff is also a problem for me even on that chance that it may not be a problem. Hell, just writing this opposing point of view is making my hands clammy and my heart race!

I can play well on a team or in a group setting but against other people is emotional torture for me. I know that I shouldn’t have it, and it doesn’t make any sense, but it doesn’t make it go away. PvE is quite literally the most sane and healthy option for someone like me. I’ve gone outside my comfort zone many times and it’s truly a terrible experience. I did map completion before they took WvW out and had to take weeks of breaks to complete that nonsense. Did I do it? Yes. But I will never do it again!!!

That being said, I also don’t have a problem with any of the dailies for PvE currently so it doesn’t make much of a difference either way to me. I can see how it it could be a problem for other people who also don’t do PvP or WvW but have a lot of trouble with some of the dailies.

Adding one or two more options for dailies doesn’t hurt anyone, it’s just a little bit more forgiving for people who aren’t pro’s in every game mode but are trying their best. Of course the reduction in choices is caused by the player, but who are you to tell them that their reasons for that reduction aren’t legitimate? At least try to understand the struggle before deciding kick ‘em while they’re down.

Posted by: Teahouse Fox.2649

Teahouse Fox.2649

This is the kind of point of view that is not helpful. Most of the time the PvP and WvW requires some type of pvp action. While it may not seem like a big deal to you it is a big deal to other people.

Yep. This week it reminded me of a trial period of a game I played a while back. The game was all PVP, and it drops you into a lobby without concern for the number of players on each side, or the experience level of the players. So during the trial period, I found myself in a lobby with other level 1 players while the other team was made up of people 25 levels or more higher.

A gank-fest is only fun for the gankers, not the gankees. I don’t like PvP. Forcing PvE players into a mismatched WvW map just to do the daily because the other options were hopelessly messed up or broken = not fun. It penalizes PvE-only players if they want to get the full benefit of the dailies.

While we’re touching on dailies, the Event Completion dailies need to scale – what happens now is that a desperate zerg of players mows through events in numbers large enough that you can wind up never getting credit because the mobs evaporate that fast. The only challenge involved is trying to find events and get there in time to get enough damage in to get credit.

insanemaniac.2456

gosh, there are usually 4-6 really really easy dailies that can be done in < 10 mins with minimal effort, frequently without even pitting yourself against other players (because people like to cooperate to complete the dailies). if only you would step outside your comfort zone long enough to try it out

I’m one of those who won’t do PvP. I’ve tried it several times and I get severe debilitating anxiety doing it. WvW is a little less anxiety but only if I’m in a big overpowering zerg. I also have to stay way in the back away from opposing players to make it a little more manageable. I still try to avoid it though. The PvE pvp stuff is also a problem for me even on that chance that it may not be a problem. Hell, just writing this opposing point of view is making my hands clammy and my heart race!

I can play well on a team or in a group setting but against other people is emotional torture for me. I know that I shouldn’t have it, and it doesn’t make any sense, but it doesn’t make it go away. PvE is quite literally the most sane and healthy option for someone like me. I’ve gone outside my comfort zone many times and it’s truly a terrible experience. I did map completion before they took WvW out and had to take weeks of breaks to complete that nonsense. Did I do it? Yes. But I will never do it again!!!

That being said, I also don’t have a problem with any of the dailies for PvE currently so it doesn’t make much of a difference either way to me. I can see how it it could be a problem for other people who also don’t do PvP or WvW but have a lot of trouble with some of the dailies.

Adding one or two more options for dailies doesn’t hurt anyone, it’s just a little bit more forgiving for people who aren’t pro’s in every game mode but are trying their best. Of course the reduction in choices is caused by the player, but who are you to tell them that their reasons for that reduction aren’t legitimate? At least try to understand the struggle before deciding kick ‘em while they’re down.

hi. this is more at all of the people quoting me than just you, especially since you say you dont have a problem with the current pve dailies:

please open the pvp ui and click on the 4th tab called game browser. you will see a list of custom arenas, with the most filled servers at the top of the list.

among these most filled servers, there are about 28340 servers with the word “daily” or “dailies” in the title. (but the search function is kinda not useful.)

in these servers, you do not do pvp. one team always wins (usually in title), and people abuse autobalance or admins to help get everyone their daily profession specific win. in addition, there are typically 2 other daily tasks that get completed just by existing in the match. if daily kills is a thing, there is typically a designated spot to go and autoattack or whatever.

make sure you read the server name and make sure you read the server description at the top of the ui that comes up when you push B while in the server. beyond that, talk to the people in there if you have more questions.

additionally, taking 2 camps, a sentry, a ruin, or killing a vet in wvw in no way requires fighting anyone. it requires the presence of mind to know when the objective is capturable and it requires you to have your mouse hovering over the waypoint if you do see someone and trigger yourself.

let me repeat, this is not “giving pvp a try”. this is not “giving wvw a try”. this is not “playing pvp or wvw to complete the dailies”. this is literally match fixing in the case of pvp. this is finding ways to complete dailies within the current paradigm as efficiently as possible. that does not include most jump puzzles, that does not include most world bosses, that does not include doing events in a certain map, and that does not include gathering. using daily custom pvp servers is consistent and time efficient and has none of the drawbacks of the activities you get severe debilitating anxiety from. perhaps after a while you will even get used to seeing red names above enemy players, and you will not trigger yourself as often by setting foot in these game modes. perhaps after a while you will see the dailies as 3/12 instead of 3/4, but still call yourself a pve only player.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It’s funny how PvP players are always trying to “convert” PvE players yet you rarely see the opposite happening. Why would that be, I wonder….

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

JP daily is much better.

But the difficulty can vary wildly – ie Scavenger’s Chasm which is tedious and I absolutely hate and then Spelunker’s Delve which is laughably easy and relaxing to do.

But in any case if you play all three game modes there are always at least 3 easy enough dailies.

Posted by: GeminiArcher.7809

GeminiArcher.7809

It’s funny how PvP players are always trying to “convert” PvE players yet you rarely see the opposite happening. Why would that be, I wonder….

I’m sorry, but explaining the concept of a dailies PvP server is not in any way trying to convert people to PvP. It’s attempting to help people who seem to have no idea how to get their dailies on some days. Dailies PvP servers are not PvP- nobody is trying to convert people to playing PvP by explaining them. I think a lot of us who actually play PvP think that dailies servers are laughable, have never set foot in one, and wondered why they were allowed to exist. But they do, and so people who refuse to even consider looking at one are going to be told about them, especially if they seem to be as confused as some people in this thread who seem to think that you need to be “geared” for PvP.

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

please open the pvp ui and click on the 4th tab called game browser. you will see a list of custom arenas, with the most filled servers at the top of the list.

among these most filled servers, there are about 28340 servers with the word “daily” or “dailies” in the title. (but the search function is kinda not useful.)

Thank you for explaining that a little better! I didn’t know that was a thing (as I don’t PvP at all.) However it still begs the question: Why would adding even one more daily to the PvE rotation be a bad thing? I totally get what you’re saying and that it would be a completely viable option to just do the PvP server thing, but it also sounds a little like a cheating way of doing things. Maybe AN doesn’t care or doesn’t have a problem with it but it seems like a poor solution to the greater problem. I don’t think people posting here are looking for a cop-out for doing dailies, just more variety (though I know there are plenty who will take the easy way over actual effort.) It screams of a broken system when people have to fake it through, so why not add options that don’t need cheating?

insanemaniac.2456

i am not a pvp player.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

i am not a pvp player.

Yes, you are. You are going into to PvP to do a PvP daily. The fact that you are fixing the games to avoid fighting is irrelevant. It’s still PvP. Likewise, describing WvW as PvE is not accurate because, guess what, you are in a WvW map. There are enemy players in that map. It’s not PvE.

PvE players want to do PvE dailies in PvE maps. It’s not a hard concept to understand. The recent changes have made it harder to do those dailies on some days, and it’s crazy that PvE players who have not bought HoT generally get easier PvE dailies. So players are being punished for buying HoT. A strange way to go about things.

insanemaniac.2456

i am not a pvp player.

Yes, you are. You are going into to PvP to do a PvP daily. The fact that you are fixing the games to avoid fighting is irrelevant. It’s still PvP. Likewise, describing WvW as PvE is not accurate because, guess what, you are in a WvW map. There are enemy players in that map. It’s not PvE.

PvE players want to do PvE dailies in PvE maps. It’s not a hard concept to understand. The recent changes have made it harder to do those dailies on some days, and it’s crazy that PvE players who have not bought HoT generally get easier PvE dailies. So players are being punished for buying HoT. A strange way to go about things.

let me rephrase. i play all game modes and id label myself as a pvx or pve player. i am not attempting to recruit for pvp the way you seem to think i am. i am explaining that you can always complete your dailies within 10 minutes no matter what they are and with no hassle.

what you refuse to accept is that that does not necessarily have to mean doing 3 pve dailies, because it is the daily system, and not the pve daily system. but it also doesnt mean you have to play the other game modes in the way they are intended to be played, because other like minded people want their skinner box rewards too, and have found ways to get around the things you hate.

should anet redesign the daily system? nah, i think its pretty good as it is. personally, id rather their economist, rewards team, and ui programmer(s) work on other things that are new and fresh, because dailies work they way they are right now even if you cannot handle them. i have a feeling it would take a lot of extra programmer time to add extra dailies. anet is not known for being versatile and expandable with their coding. but you know, if they have a bit of spare time for a project like changing up the dailies, then thats cool. but no more resources need to be spent on (re)designing the system when it works quite well as is.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I agree. It’s a choice made that results in 2 less gold, which we can make in many other ways in about the same time.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Well, though I see why some people dislike the JP daily (I’m not a fan of JPs, but they’re not too bad either), I still prefer them over the world boss daily.
Reason is simple: I see which JP it is and immediatly can decide wether I want to do it or not. There are many quite fast and simple JPs out there, if it’s one of those, I do it. If it’s one of the more complicated ones, I still can go there and either try to finish them or ask for a kind mesmer soul to port me to the end. Often I see mesmer portals being set up for other players before one could even ask for a portal.
World bosses on the other hand always anoyed me for one simple thing: timers. More than not it happened to me that I logged on, checked what world boss was up for the daily, just to find out that it was up 15 mins ago. Pretty meh if you plan to only play for one or one and a half hour. And even if your online for longer, you’d always have to watch the clock to not miss the boss next time.

tl;dr: I rather have JPs for daily since I can chose myself wether they’re worth it for me or not, than a world boss that is no challenge by itself anyway and 100% depends on being online at the right time

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Zealoux.5142

Zealoux.5142

I prefer jumping over world boss

world boss : log in, check timer, wait 2h, miss the boss because of something happen elsewhere. —> so I rarely do world boss daily

jumping : log in, go to the jump, do the jump. —> enjoy

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Todays’ (Crimson Plateau) had so many free mesmer portals that I did all of my toons in less time than it took to load them. Almost no one actually doing the JP unless they needed the achievement. And this JP is one of the easiest ones.
Great mechanic?—-more like a joke.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I vastly prefer JP dailies to World Boss dailies. I actually do my dailies in PvE sometimes now as a result, which is cool.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Long live the JP daily.

The jumping puzzles are seriously the best thing to happen to daily achievements.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Thank you for explaining that a little better! I didn’t know that was a thing (as I don’t PvP at all.) However it still begs the question: Why would adding even one more daily to the PvE rotation be a bad thing? I totally get what you’re saying and that it would be a completely viable option to just do the PvP server thing, but it also sounds a little like a cheating way of doing things. Maybe AN doesn’t care or doesn’t have a problem with it but it seems like a poor solution to the greater problem. I don’t think people posting here are looking for a cop-out for doing dailies, just more variety (though I know there are plenty who will take the easy way over actual effort.) It screams of a broken system when people have to fake it through, so why not add options that don’t need cheating?

I don’t know ANet’s reasoning precisely but I’d imagine they use dailies to encourage the population into certain areas of the game, encourage playing multiple game modes so you are kept busy longer with more content, etc.

If you have 1 more PvE daily then PvP and WvW would require one each as well to keep things even. So the 12 options become 15. Maybe they have metrics saying that would disperse the population too thinly, or that 5 options make people likely to not venture out of their comfort zone. Also maybe for people who feel a need to complete every daily (irrational I know) tend to tolerate 12 but give up at 15, burn out and quit the game.

Pure conjecture on my part, but I enjoy seeing the JPs populated and I always find plenty of dailies from all game modes. If ANet finds otherwise, hopefully they’ll add a 5th daily but it’s working fine for me.

As for “cheating” PvP, the daily rooms do not progress players toward getting that diamond icon by their name so they don’t get the prestige true PvP players do. Far as I can tell you just get credit in reward tracks that give you dungeon/PvE map currencies and weapon/armor skins. Stuff you’d get from doing each respective area anyway. It doesn’t hurt the PvP players in any way because they have their own instances to play in. It’s like taking your kid brother in the back yard to play soccer and taking turns kicking the ball into the goal. Not even taking up the practice fields in the park.

If anyone is interested in seeing what a daily room is like I made a video introducing it: PvP Daily Rooms

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

im impressed. there is 5 dailies to choose from now!

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Well if you include daily rooms alongside PvE it’s 8 dailies so…

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I’m having trouble reconciling “I LOVE JPs” statements with the idea that Anet feels the need to put them in the rotation to get people to do them.

If they are so loved, why were they unused?

And I discount those who “love” them now because they can run up and hit f on a portal. Disable portals on JP’s and see how long the “love” lasts.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.