Worth playing again?

Worth playing again?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nitas.4960

Nitas.4960

So I didn’t really play GW2 for a year now, because there was nothing left to do. I had all the armor I wanted, and Legendary weapon. After some time pvp got boring when there was nothing else than that, so just wondering what’s new? Is there anything else to do now due to new updates?

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Honestly, no. The game doesn’t have any new content that would really excite you. The only thing you have missed are the two week long living story updates which isn’t bad because they develop them in a way where you don’t feel left out for missing them…meaning that people don’t have any real advantage over you because you decided to play another game or couldn’t play GW2.

The boring Scarlet LS is out of the way now and Anet has told us there will be some more feature updates coming this year and that they will rotate between living story and feature updates. This all starts March 18th which will be interesting to see where Anet might go later this year.

Maguuma Guardian

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I’ve been playing WoW again. I find it far less grindy. I’m currently doing battlegrounds working on a PvP set. The grind will be over shortly…unlike the grind in GW2.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

WoW is just as mediocre as it’s always been. This game, warts and all, is much better to me. It has its problems, but it’s a better game. However, OP, if you didn’t like it before, I’m not sure you’ll like it any better now. Unless you like WvW and want to check out the new Edge of the Mists map which a lot of people like.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’ve been playing WoW again. I find it far less grindy. I’m currently doing battlegrounds working on a PvP set. The grind will be over shortly…unlike the grind in GW2.

I dunno I left because they planned on going backwards with their design in WoD apparently they thought MoP wasn’t grindy enough even with the Timeless Isle points for returning players. When I learned they decided against upgradeable armor/weapons in WoD I unsubbed.

OP I’m waiting on the changes Chris proposed at the end of the first CDI thread.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Worth playing again?

Posted by: ChipSet.8435

ChipSet.8435

GW2 is free to play, so why not just log in and see for yourself ? …..

I apologize for any grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my primary language.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

So I didn’t really play GW2 for a year now, because there was nothing left to do. I had all the armor I wanted, and Legendary weapon. After some time pvp got boring when there was nothing else than that, so just wondering what’s new? Is there anything else to do now due to new updates?

There’s been loads of good updates but they are in the majority temporary 2 week affairs…so you have missed out.

Probably only worth playing GW2 if you can commit to tuning in every 2 weeks or so, to see if you like/want to play new update.

Otherwise there’s not a lot of new stuff really…

Anet have also turned it into a massive grind fest and all the rewards revolve pretty much 100% around crafting/forging stuff. No good drops 99.99% of the time.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

WoW is just as mediocre as it’s always been. This game, warts and all, is much better to me. It has its problems, but it’s a better game. However, OP, if you didn’t like it before, I’m not sure you’ll like it any better now. Unless you like WvW and want to check out the new Edge of the Mists map which a lot of people like.

Oh really? How is it a better game? Because it has no sub and looks pretty?

GW2 is the grindiest game I’ve ever played and seems geared towards people who have OCD over completing checklists.

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

I’m doing the same thing, and will probably just have fun in battlegrounds until the expansion. I’m leveling another character for this specific purpose, this time, through different zones. It’s nice going through a zone and actually seeing multiple story lines unfold, unlike here where you do hearts which are really just poorly disguised contextless quests of this worst type.

The honor grind really isn’t even that much of a grind any more since you can still function in a BG as an undergeared character. Sure, you’re damage will be bad but you can still be useful.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

In fairness if you are looking for a casual game that offers a rewarding experience (and items) for your time – Nothing on the market will beat Wow.

Some may flame, disagree or protest that remark , but the truth is after 10yrs the game still offers hands down more then any other game on the market for all play styles.

Perhaps some of these new and upcoming games will offer more or change that above remark.

In closing, atm I can not suggest returning as this game hasn’t really changed at all since you left. So if you didn’t like it then you won’t like it now.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

I dunno I left because they planned on going backwards with their design in WoD apparently they thought MoP wasn’t grindy enough even with the Timeless Isle points for returning players. When I learned they decided against upgradeable armor/weapons in WoD I unsubbed.

OP I’m waiting on the changes Chris proposed at the end of the first CDI thread.

I have a feeling that you’ll be waiting a long time unless those changes directly increase gem shop sales.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

grind? in gw2? charge 2000 gems, exchange them for gold, buy ascended gear and forget about grind.

or just spend ~50 gold (1 week max.) for exotic. pff. grind.

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

grind? in gw2? charge 2000 gems, exchange them for gold, buy ascended gear and forget about grind.

You forgot about such account bound items as dragonite. You can’t simply “buy” ascended gear. Also, there is time gating involved. Obviously you have little experience with this gear set.

Also, How it is any better to have to buy gems with rl money to not grind or grind less vs playing a game with a sub that has MUCH less of a grind?

Pot meet kettle.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Permanent new stuff of the last 12 months:

- WvW Borderlands got a revamp with 5 ruins replacing the Quaggan/Krait sea in the middle.
- WvW Edge of the Mists map – entirely new.
- Twilight Arbor Spider path was retired in favour of a new Aetherblade path (with an entirely new map section).
- New Aetherblade jumping puzzle in Gendarran Fields.
- Revamp of Southsun Cove; it’s populated now and has a world boss event (Karka Queen).
- Tequatl the Sunless has been revamped, requiring a large organized group. It has its own set of achievements now.
- Bloodtide Coast now has the Great Jungle Wurm, a three-headed monstrosity that spawns in three places on the map at the same time. Requires even more coordination than Tequatl. It also has its own set of achievements now.
- Three new Fractals of the Mists (Thaumanova Reactor, Molten Facility and Aetherblade Hideout), and two new Boss Fractals (Molten Bosses and Aetherblade Captain Mai Trin)
- Guild Missions to participate in if you are a member of a reasonable large guild. These are open-world, so it is also possible to participate in a guild mission you encounter “in the wild”. Rewards are tied to guild membership, though.
- PvP reward system will soon get a revamp. Same for Runes and Sigils.
- Many profession traits have been rebalanced or redesigned.
- Each profession now has a new heal skill. Apart from that, there is also a new universal heal skill (Antitoxin Spray) that is rather situational.
- All equipment types are now available in Ascended quality. Ascended weapons and armor can be crafted or (if you’re lucky) found as loot drops from certain huge world boss events. Amulets can be bought with laurels, Accessories can be bought with the rewards from Guild Missions.
- Crafting disciplines Artificer, Huntsman, Weaponsmith, Armorer, Leatherworker and Tailor can now be leveled to 500 (in order to be able to craft ascended items).

Current temporary content: Go visit Lion’s Arch and see if you still recognize it.

[sarcasm]But apart from all of the above, not much has changed. [/sarcasm]

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Sounds like P2W, but that is not the whole truth.

You need to farm account bound stuff, have time gated crafting and all that stuff. The whole crafting ascended gear thing is the biggest timesink for mediocre reward I have ever seen in a MMO.

To OP: If you didn’t like the game too much in the past, than you won’t like it now.

It is essentially the same game, with the same content as most of the new content gets removed after 2 weeks, and with tons and tons more grind. If you do not like mindless farming/grinding, you will have a hard time to enjoy the game in its current state…

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Sounds like P2W, but that is not the whole truth.

Learn the definition of P2W then come back.

Worth playing again?

Nage.1520

GW2 is the grindiest game I’ve ever played and seems geared towards people who have OCD over completing checklists.

It’s better because I don’t outlevel areas. I can pretty much go what I want and do what I want, when I want. I’m not funneled into raiding, which I consider to be the most ridiculous, boring, annoying affair ever designed in a game. The trinity is silly, contrived and makes me want give up gaming altogether. I don’t compete with people for nodes. I don’t have to gear up to PvP at all.

There’s more to this game than checklists. In fact, if you only play this game for checklists, you’re probably going to feel quite pressured.

This game is a great game to kick around in. WoW…not so much.

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

Permanent new stuff of the last 12 months:

- WvW Borderlands got a revamp with 5 ruins replacing the Quaggan/Krait sea in the middle.
- WvW Edge of the Mists map – entirely new.
- Twilight Arbor Spider path was retired in favour of a new Aetherblade path (with an entirely new map section).
- New Aetherblade jumping puzzle in Gendarran Fields.
- Revamp of Southsun Cove; it’s populated now and has a world boss event (Karka Queen).
- Tequatl the Sunless has been revamped, requiring a large organized group. It has its own set of achievements now.
- Bloodtide Coast now has the Great Jungle Wurm, a three-headed monstrosity that spawns in three places on the map at the same time. Requires even more coordination than Tequatl. It also has its own set of achievements now.
- Three new Fractals of the Mists (Thaumanova Reactor, Molten Facility and Aetherblade Hideout), and two new Boss Fractals (Molten Bosses and Aetherblade Captain Mai Trin)
- Guild Missions to participate in if you are a member of a reasonable large guild. These are open-world, so it is also possible to participate in a guild mission you encounter “in the wild”. Rewards are tied to guild membership, though.
- PvP reward system will soon get a revamp. Same for Runes and Sigils.
- Many profession traits have been rebalanced or redesigned.
- Each profession now has a new heal skill. Apart from that, there is also a new universal heal skill (Antitoxin Spray) that is rather situational.
- All equipment types are now available in Ascended quality. Ascended weapons and armor can be crafted or (if you’re lucky) found as loot drops from certain huge world boss events. Amulets can be bought with laurels, Accessories can be bought with the rewards from Guild Missions.
- Crafting disciplines Artificer, Huntsman, Weaponsmith, Armorer, Leatherworker and Tailor can now be leveled to 500 (in order to be able to craft ascended items).

Current temporary content: Go visit Lion’s Arch and see if you still recognize it.

[sarcasm]But apart from all of the above, not much has changed. [/sarcasm]

You do realize the list you just gave is less then a single content patch of any other game on the market right now – right?

What’s more amazing is it took Anet a year to get some of the items you listed as we still haven’t received them all.

So my statement stands – In a years time the game hasn’t changed much at all.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

It’s better because I don’t outlevel areas. I can pretty much go what I want and do what I want, when I want. I’m not funneled into raiding, which I consider to be the most ridiculous, boring, annoying affair ever designed in a game. The trinity is silly, contrived and makes me want give up gaming altogether. I don’t compete with people for nodes. I don’t have to gear up to PvP at all.

There’s more to this game than checklists. In fact, if you only play this game for checklists, you’re probably going to feel quite pressured.

Actually wow is a far superior game to “kick” around in vs Gw2.

Wow has more content for someone who doesn’t raid then all the content in GW2 combined.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I signed in last night after 6 months, hung out for 20 minutes and then sold my bank. Gave some to friends, others to guildies.. Not worth my time anymore

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

Actually wow is a far superior game to “kick” around in vs Gw2.

Wow has more content for someone who doesn’t raid then all the content in GW2 combined.

Yeah. A lot of these people have no idea what they’re talking about or think the game is the same as it was 5 years. ago. I don’t raid, and I have plenty to do. I actually LIKE logging on and going to do whatever I planned to do that day. On the other hand, as my time with GW2 was ending, I’d log in, sit in LA for 20 minutes, look at my daily/monthly lists, and just log off.

The trinity may be showing its age, but GW2 demonstrates what happens when you remove it. You become just another dps zergling.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

GW2 isn’t a grindfest at all. Anyone who says that has always been a grinder themselves. They force that grind feeling on themselves and it makes the game a LOT less fun than it is and also you don’t need to craft Ascended Gear. the only reason for it is if you’re doing higher level fractals, which is a smaller part of the game.

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

GW2 isn’t a grindfest at all. Anyone who says that has always been a grinder themselves. They force that grind feeling on themselves and it makes the game a LOT less fun than it is and also you don’t need to craft Ascended Gear. the only reason for it is if you’re doing higher level fractals, which is a smaller part of the game.

Sorry. But people who want to optimize their character and do stuff like WvW and Fractals HAVE to grind the gear. Some people may be content running around in greens, with special snowflake builds, holding everyone back in world boss events but I’m not one of them.

Worth playing again?

Kaiyanwan.8521

The whole argument that you do not need the best gear is so insanely ridiculous.

It is the argument of an elite, that actually should not exist in GW2 as it was promoted as equal powerbase for everyone.

In vanilla WoW we had the same: You don’t need the epic gear unless you raid (and the raiders steamrolled PvP with the uber gear). Ask WvW people what they think about your argument…

Worth playing again?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

IMO, no. It’s not worth playing again. The game was much more exciting a year ago when you quit than it is now. Skills have been watered down and strategies perfected. The excitement and energy of 2012-2013 is long gone.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Try it and test it out. I don’t think you’ll enjoy it but worth an attempt. I came back and having a blast with it currently.

For the miniature debate about WoW over GW2. People have different tastes not sure why it is even a debate.

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You have little experience in MMOs I take it, if GW2 is the grindiest game you’ve ever played.

Maybe WoW has changed things since the last time I played, but don’t they still keep coming out with new tiers of gear? So the PvP set you are grinding for in BGs (yes you are grinding), will become obsolete when the next set comes out, requiring you to grind some more?

That was why I quit WoW (when WotLK came out) in the first place, getting tier after tier, only to continuously become obsolete when the next patch came out. That got old real fast. I was a die-hard WoW fan, bought it midnight the day it came out in 2004, hard-core raider up through WotLK, and just got burned out having to keep regearing. It’s nice finally having a definitive end to gearing.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

You have little experience in MMOs I take it, if GW2 is the grindiest game you’ve ever played.

Maybe WoW has changed things since the last time I played, but don’t they still keep coming out with new tiers of gear? So the PvP set you are grinding for in BGs (yes you are grinding), will become obsolete when the next set comes out, requiring you to grind some more?

That was why I quit WoW (when WotLK came out) in the first place, getting tier after tier, only to continuously become obsolete when the next patch came out. That got old real fast. I was a die-hard WoW fan, bought it midnight the day it came out in 2004, hard-core raider up through WotLK, and just got burned out having to keep regearing. It’s nice finally having a definitive end to gearing.

Um, it takes me a week to get my pvp gear and it’s good for several months, whereas here the grind never ends and the power curve is so shallow, that getting the gear is mostly unsatisfying.

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

I suggest you do some research on current game play before making assmuptions of what a game is or isn’t.

As I am VERY familiar with both titles – GW2 is currently far more grindy then a large portion of other current AAA titles.

Wow is the most casual game on the market atm and it has been for years now. Blizzard did a few things right – The current design (and has been for years) is Wow is as hardcore or as casual as you want to play it and it rewards both sides very well and has enough content to keep both sides VERY happy.

This is something GW2 lacks and quite frankly will probably never have.

GW2’s entire game play model is based off a grind.

It does not take much thought process to understand that – Just look at the structure of all events including the LS.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea, but couldn’t the same be said for GW2? If you don’t want to grind, you get full exotics and you are done. You can complete every dungeon path, you can WvW, you can do every fractal, up to a certain difficulty level (which if you are casual that’s all you care about anyway) Plus, you can be fully geared in exotics within 10min of hitting 80.

If you want to be more hardcore you can go for Ascended gear and run FoTM50, which is really the only real application for Ascended gear right now. WvWvW does not require Ascended gear. If you want to roam in a small group attacking other small groups, sure there is a use for it, but if you are like most players and play the meta, Exotic gear is more than enough to attack/defend in zerg mode.

It literally is as casual or hardcore as you want it to be, so I’m not quite sure how you can claim it isn’t.

EDIT for weird formatting.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Till the next set comes out for WoW lol WoW is pure grind and treadmill do not fool your self. Your not going to see a new vertical progression in GW2 for some time or simply not at all.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Worth playing again?

Kaiyanwan.8521

Till the next set comes out for WoW lol WoW is pure grind and treadmill do not fool your self. Your not going to see a new vertical progression in GW2 for some time or simply not at all.

Didn’t they announce legendary trinkets already sort of?

Worth playing again?

Posted by: agrante.2810

agrante.2810

Yea, but couldn’t the same be said for GW2? If you don’t want to grind, you get full exotics and you are done. You can complete every dungeon path, you can WvW, you can do every fractal, up to a certain difficulty level (which if you are casual that’s all you care about anyway) Plus, you can be fully geared in exotics within 10min of hitting 80.

If you want to be more hardcore you can go for Ascended gear and run FoTM50, which is really the only real application for Ascended gear right now. WvWvW does not require Ascended gear. If you want to roam in a small group attacking other small groups, sure there is a use for it, but if you are like most players and play the meta, Exotic gear is more than enough to attack/defend in zerg mode.

It literally is as casual or hardcore as you want it to be, so I’m not quite sure how you can claim it isn’t.

I agree with this person. Complaining about how our current ascended system works as too much grind is just ridiculous. What other games are you comparing to? Have you tried playing any Asian-made games?

Worth playing again?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The best thing you can do is wait until the ‘Great Feature Patch’, which will occur somewhere between the end of march and the end of may. No idea when, and no idea what it will bring, but I do hope it will be good and I frankly think it the last chance for this game to keep ahead of ESO/EQN/Wildstar, even if any of these have bugs.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

As has been said, it takes a week to get the set and then you have months to do whatever you wish. The grind in GW2 is continuous. Ascended, AP, WvW, ranks, karma, laurels, mats, etc. And all for very, very little reward.

But! You can bypass all of this by spending a little cash at the gem shop.

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

There’s going to be legendary armor. And if you are able to change stats on them like you could with legendary weapons, prepare for an extremely long, tedious grind. Worse than ascended, stuff of nightmares. Of course, it’s going to be better than ascended and you’re going to HAVE to grind this if you want to be able to experiment with builds. If not, have grinding out different sets of ascended. LOL

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

The bottom line is this.

After a year of not playing you will be very surprised how little things have changed. In saying that was the game worth the box cost? Yes – but it has a VERY VERY limited playable lifespan vs most other AAA title games on the market atm.

It simply offers far to little to keep people interested as these forums and similar posts keep enforcing.

This simply just isn’t a game that you can play for years. You get short fixes here and there and then move on to greener pastures.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Kaiyanwan.8521

I agree with this person. Complaining about how our current ascended system works as too much grind is just ridiculous. What other games are you comparing to? Have you tried playing any Asian-made games?

Oh dear god, you want to compare this game to an asian grinder?

OK, get it straight, this game was advertised to be not grindy. We were told that noone likes grinding and that ANet wants to change the way people see games.

Now we have grinds from hell in all areas of the game. Grinding for gear, grinding for mats, grinding for APs.

And you tell people they should play an asian grinder to see how grindy games can be.

No, people bought this game to have a non-grindy experience. It is actually a shame that the game became so grindy. All people who had envisioned a non-grindy game at ANet must be crying every evening when they see the result of the daily work on the LS patches.

“Let’s make them gind 1000s of items for this event item. Hey, they got too many kight cores too easily, patch them out. I think it is a good idea to make them grind 1000s of items for one crafting component.”

This game is the grindiest non-grindy game on the whole planet.

Worth playing again?

Jski.6180

I think that more for looks such as legendary weapons are the same as ascended legendary trinkets will be the same as ascended trinkets.

As has been said, it takes a week to get the set and then you have months to do whatever you wish. The grind in GW2 is continuous. Ascended, AP, WvW, ranks, karma, laurels, mats, etc. And all for very, very little reward.

The thing is WoW always going to put out a new set over and over in time because of this you will be below the curve or need to make a job of the game to get the best gear and keep up. And that you cant avoid dmg you must take it gear is much more important in WoW then it will ever be in GW2.

Also you can buy level 90 in WoW i image buying gear with money is coming next.

(edited by Jski.6180)

Worth playing again?

Kaiyanwan.8521

I think that more for looks such as legendary weapons are the same as ascended legendary trinkets will be the same as ascended trinkets.

You “think”?

People thought ascended gear would be the same as exotic with just better looks.

You do not know how the vertical progression will go on, so don’t argue with your made up idea that there will not be any vertical progression any more. That is just useless.

Worth playing again?

Nage.1520

The bottom line is this.

After a year of not playing you will be very surprised how little things have changed. In saying that was the game worth the box cost? Yes – but it has a VERY VERY limited playable lifespan vs most other AAA title games on the market atm.

It simply offers far to little to keep people interested as these forums and similar posts keep enforcing.

This simply just isn’t a game that you can play for years. You get short fixes here and there and then move on to greener pastures.

If that’s the case, why have I played this game for many times what I’ve played any other MMO for?

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

Oh dear god, you want to compare this game to an asian grinder?

OK, get it straight, this game was advertised to be not grindy. We were told that noone likes grinding and that ANet wants to change the way people see games.

Now we have grinds from hell in all areas of the game. Grinding for gear, grinding for mats, grinding for APs.

And you tell people they should play an asian grinder to see how grindy games can be.

No, people bought this game to have a non-grindy experience. It is actually a shame that the game became so grindy. All people who had envisioned a non-grindy game at ANet must be crying every evening when they see the result of the daily work on the LS patches.

“Let’s make them gind 1000s of items for this event item. Hey, they got too many kight cores too easily, patch them out. I think it is a good idea to make them grind 1000s of items for one crafting component.”

This game is the grindiest non-grindy game on the whole planet.

The issue for some is not even the grind.

This game is beyond grindy – but I wouldn’t even mind that at all if the reward was worth the time investment.

GW2 has failed miserably with a time/risk vs reward system since release.

Also, Perhaps if they invested more resources into development and less into forum moderation we might be getting more then we are.

Amazing the moderation and deleted posts that goes on around here and how fast they silence certain issues.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Nage.1520

I think some people don’t understand the whole risk/reward thing. In games centered around having to do specific instances to get specific items, the risk/reward thing works the way those people think it works. But this game was designed to be different.

You can get a precursor from a deer in a low level zone. I’ve gotten rares from them. Maybe even an exotic. The point is, if a game is going to give max level rewards everywhere, then those rewards have to be rare.

Some of us prefer this, because it means we can go anywhere and do anything. Not just run this raid to get this reward. Sure the risk vs rewards in those raids are great…as long as you want to run those raids.

If you want to be led around by the nose, to get specific rewards, there are other games out there for you.

If you want to be able to play anywhere, and just do what you want, not so much.

Worth playing again?

Jski.6180

You “think”?

People thought ascended gear would be the same as exotic with just better looks.

You do not know how the vertical progression will go on, so don’t argue with your made up idea that there will not be any vertical progression any more. That is just useless.

Well nothing for sure i “think” GW2 going to be free next week as it was this week but there nothing to say this will changes. I “think” WoW will be still P2P next week as it was this but there nothing to say this will changes too.

The jump from exotic to ascended level is less then the jump from rare to exotic making ascended gear a +1 gear set not a full step gear set like you see in WoW. Vertical progression is level 1 to 80 or doing a story where you need to go from step 1 to step 2 to get to step 3.

You do not know what not going to happen or will happen you only have the words of to makers to go off of. If you cant trust them then there is no point for you to play any of there games or post on there forums. In some ways your losing all your power over something by saying you do not trust it. And if you go though life not trusting any thing you will fear every thing at all times.

My argument is valid because i have proof of what the dev. said and you do not because its imposable to go off info that is simply made up. Tell me where did the Dev. say for sure that they will add in stronger gear and not the “well they said they will not not do something so that must mean they will” BS because that IS pointless speculation only to create fear.

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

I think some people don’t understand the whole risk/reward thing. In games centered around having to do specific instances to get specific items, the risk/reward thing works the way those people think it works. But this game was designed to be different.

You can get a precursor from a deer in a low level zone. I’ve gotten rares from them. Maybe even an exotic. The point is, if a game is going to give max level rewards everywhere, then those rewards have to be rare.

Some of us prefer this, because it means we can go anywhere and do anything. Not just run this raid to get this reward. Sure the risk vs rewards in those raids are great…as long as you want to run those raids.

If you want to be led around by the nose, to get specific rewards, there are other games out there for you.

If you want to be able to play anywhere, and just do what you want, not so much.

Living Story says hi.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Dark Catalyst.1028

The thing is WoW always going to put out a new set over and over in time because of this you will be below the curve or need to make a job of the game to get the best gear and keep up. And that you cant avoid dmg you must take it gear is much more important in WoW then it will ever be in GW2.

Wrong again. At max level everyone has an innate 77% damage reduction in PvP. You really don’t know what you’re talking about, do you? I play the game casually, not as a “second job”, and for the time spent I get rewarded way more, and get much further than if I spent an equivalent amount of time in GW2. I’ve played both, and I know what I’m talking about.

As for buying a 90, why not? I’d never spend the $60, even though I’ve leveled through the content because I enjoy questing, leveling, and alts.

Worth playing again?

Kaiyanwan.8521

My argument is valid because i have proof of what the dev. said and you do not because its imposable to go off info that is simply made up. Tell me where did the Dev. say for sure that they will add in stronger gear and not the “well they said they will not not do something so that must mean they will” BS because that IS pointless speculation only to create fear.

I can show you where they said, BiS items will be easily available even for casuals, because they want everyone on the same powerbase.

Worth playing again?

Azreell.1568

You “think”?

Well nothing for sure i “think” GW2 going to be free next week as it was this week but there nothing to say this will changes. I “think” WoW will be still P2P next week as it was this but there nothing to say this will changes too.

The jump from exotic to ascended level is less then the jump from rare to exotic making ascended gear a +1 gear set not a full step gear set like you see in WoW. Vertical progression is level 1 to 80 or doing a story where you need to go from step 1 to step 2 to get to step 3.

You do not know what not going to happen or will happen you only have the words of to makers to go off of. If you cant trust them then there is no point for you to play any of there games or post on there forums. In some ways your losing all your power over something by saying you do not trust it. And if you go though life not trusting any thing you will fear every thing at all times.

Ascended gear says hi.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Worth playing again?

Kaiyanwan.8521

“Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.” – Colin, Eurogamer, September 2011.

Best joke ever!

Worth playing again?

Jski.6180

Wrong again. At max level everyone has an innate 77% damage reduction in PvP. You really don’t know what you’re talking about, do you? I play the game casually, not as a “second job”, and for the time spent I get rewarded way more, and get much further than if I spent an equivalent amount of time in GW2. I’ve played both, and I know what I’m talking about.

As for buying a 90, why not? I’d never spend the $60, even though I’ve leveled through the content because I enjoy questing, leveling, and alts.

That not important dmg drop if every one get it it would be effectively giving every one 0% if every one has the same. If they add in stronger gear by a full gear sets then you NEED that gear set to pvp at the top because WoW is a non action mmorpg you can move out of the way but you cant truly avoid dmg.

You said your self your working on a new gear set by pvping are you pvping for a gear set or pvping because you want to pvp? Once you get this gear set what dose that mean? Do you pvp better (meaning that your pvp before was weaker due to not having this gear set) do you stop pvp and go play pve. Why do you need better from pvping? In GW2 Spvp the equivalent to WoW battle grounds has no stronger gear sets in it and you can get all the gear for free with out leveling.

Its not important if you did or did not its only important that you CAN AND its a P2P game with a money shop. They are robing you blind but hay if you want to spend money i cant stop you just point out that your playing a game where you pay a monthly fee but yet it keep moving to more of a F2P type money shop.