Would You Like 10-Man Raids (Poll)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KGS.9842

KGS.9842

It begins by choosing the right build, and skills for the fight
and then it moves to applying it in practice, by reacting to the fight as it changes; the idea that someone who has not “learned typing” will be slower by default is ridiculous

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I meant a reward that is tied directly to your skill instead of luck; those were the two parts of the equations
challenge <—> reward; in this case it is
challenge <— lots of luck —> reward

So .. the faster you can click your mouse the more gold you get ?
Because what is “skill” mostly in a game like GW2 ? You need to be fast on your mouse
and keyboard .. if your old and have never learned typing and thus are a mouse-clicker
you simply are less skilled.

I am pretty sure thats how all the games work. Being slow and “mouse clicker” means you get left behind, this goes with anything in real life as well. Theres is no reason why games have to make their content near idiot proof for those type of people.

Knowledge + prediction + reaction are what dictates skill in games and it has done a good job so far.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I meant a reward that is tied directly to your skill instead of luck; those were the two parts of the equations

Because what is “skill” mostly in a game like GW2 ? You need to be fast on your mouse
and keyboard .. if your old and have never learned typing and thus are a mouse-clicker

I am pretty sure thats how all the games work. Being slow and “mouse clicker” means you get left behind, this goes with anything in real life as well. Theres is no reason why games have to make their content near idiot proof for those type of people.

Knowledge + prediction + reaction are what dictates skill in games and it has done a good job so far.

Ever heared of chess ? Or old round based RPGs? There strategy was more asked
then just be a fast clicker.

And in real life beeing a fast typer is maybe usefull as a secretary .. so yeah you can
show your leet skills there.

But of course it would be nice if the secretary drives a Ferrari while her boss only
drives a 20 year old Ford ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Up to 50-man raids for WvW would be good. Can’t tell about dungeons, i don’t play PvE aspect that much.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Ever heared of chess ? Or old round based RPGs? There strategy was more asked
then just be a fast clicker.

And in real life beeing a fast typer is maybe usefull as a secretary .. so yeah you can
show your leet skills there.

But of course it would be nice if the secretary drives a Ferrari while her boss only
drives a 20 year old Ford ^^

Ya but in order to succeed in this game, you don’t have to be a fast type or clicker. Most of the “skill” required are knowledge of the encounter and how you react to it. I think most people prefer it that way as that is how every pve are done in games nowadays.

Also while im sure that i was wrong to say “every” game requires you to be fast, Gw2 is by design a fast paced game. Anet should capitalize on it by releasing contents that actually makes good use of it instead of these big zerg afk farm fest that is seems to plague every open world content they released so far.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Well of course that goes back to the old chestnut that the most important skills for raiding are organization, following orders, massive repitition, and a big enough carrot at the end.

~~~

I still feel that extremely hard 5man content would be a far better marker of skill than a 10-15-20 man raid. Except for key trinity players big raids tend to make each players contribution much less important, barring specific fight gimmicks.

The barrier of getting a big enough group together is the most artificial of artificial barriers. If it’s challenge and skill you want, harder small-group content would just be better for that, without the barrier.