Would you Buy a Cantha-based Expansion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alpha.8197

Alpha.8197

If it were announced tomorrow, I wouldn’t be able to throw my money at the screen fast enough.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Not while Living Story is still on the table.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Iris.5918

Iris.5918

No idea. Living story is exhausting me right now.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yes…but it would not matter if it was Cantha based.

Any GW2 expansion I would buy, because I have played 2000+ hrs, so GW2 is great value for money.

I would like new character classes and a whole new clump of zones, not bothered about new races since racial skills are all rubbish.

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

I would like to but gw2 has dissapointed me enough in several ways that i’m not sure i would.

Posted by: Chu Sei.2069

Chu Sei.2069

Yes I would. I would love to see the Ritualist to come back. Not sure how it would work though.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The Luxons and Kurzick were cool, the jade sea was really cool, but the whole asian theme was a bit too asian-copycat as opposed to asian-inspired. It really broke immersion for me.

Plus, I’ll always remember Factions as having renamed skills that had the exact same functionality — SOOOO disappointing!

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

I would by any expansion, but a Cantha or Elona one I’d buy -really- fast.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Nightrise.2415

Nightrise.2415

I would be willing to buy any expansion, just to have some new permanent content that I haven’t done before.

So I guess my answer is yes.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I would buy it but I would much rather see something we’ve never experienced before in either GW1 or GW2.

And then if we had to choose from areas that were in GW1 I’d rather Elona first than Cantha.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I would throw gold bars all over my screen. I hope one day living story will be thrown out the window and we once again get expansions with actuall content like: New zones/continents, new weapon types, new professions, new story lines (so not just one 5 minutes quest, a whole quest line!)

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

im all for the living story I think its a great idea, AS LONG as it doesnt get in the way of a MAJOR expansion in content in the future. I see LS as something to do until we get an official expansion. If LS is getting in the way of that then down with it

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

I would by any expansion, but a Cantha or Elona one I’d buy -really- fast.

Pretty much this.

Though I’d empty my wallet for any release with the Crystal Desert (or Jade Sea).

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Eventually I would, just so I have all the possible stuff to do, but Cantha would be the last one I’d want. God I hate the city crap of it…

I would buy it but I would much rather see something we’ve never experienced before in either GW1 or GW2.

And then if we had to choose from areas that were in GW1 I’d rather Elona first than Cantha.

I agree with this one.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Yes

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

I would throw gold bars all over my screen.

You would then need a new screen.

I’d buy it if the LS rubbish gets thrown out along with it. Else it would be the same as this. Finish the new content in a few weeks and then go back to LS.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Factions had awful acting and a rather silly villain but it mixed up the game formula very well and had gorgeous, original environments and mobs.

It’s exactly what the game needs and would be well worth the money they charge.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

If it brings back JQ, FA and AB then hell yes.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

LS is a filler, I’m alreayd waiting for expansion. Real expansion.
Cantha preferably.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I’d buy an expansion… whether Cantha or Elona.

Actually I’d like both in time, I’d love to see the Jade Sea in the new engine, and also at the same time I’d love to have some truly desertic enviroments and maybe dervishes…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

no i would not buy it since i already spent so much on the gem store. if they had planned this earlier then i would most definitely have bought it

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would probably buy an expansion, at some time, but Cantha would not be my preferred locale. Especially not Kaineng. Something fresh and new would be more enticing for me.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Would def buy Cantha, I am still hoping for Anet to re-create UW and FOW as they existed. Elite areas are def needed in this game.
And yes def yes to Cantha!

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

YES! without hesitation!

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Of course. Why isn’t it out yet?
I don’t care about living story and I never will.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Yes, and I would also buy any other expansion or campaign, they could possibly add. CE if they made it too.
Like living story, do some of it, don’t do other stuff. No oblication to do it, but if it is interesting I’ll go for it.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Only if it reveals as a turning point in game development.

-no more LS as only PvE content, more permanent and real content
-massive WvW improvements and support
-adding pvp (uh what you’re saying? Spvp? Just no.)
-features long promised and needed: build templates, guild halls, pts and so on
-a long term and decently written story

and so on.

If it’s just a “more of our great LS, esport pvp and that minigame called WvW” it’s a huge NOPE for me.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Sorry to say but, until there is some new level 80 + content (new areas, races, professions, etc.) I’m done with Guild Wars 2, everything seems to have that “been there done that” flavor to it. Tired of the Living World farming events and don’t like changes to WvW, or the do it again crafting resets.

Bye

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

Yes, I’d pretty much buy any expansion they came out with. Love the game.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

(edited by AliceKaye.1903)

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Yes I would.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Yes.

15 char

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

No way in hell would I spend another $60 on something for this game when they can add it for free down the road. Plus you could probably buy a precursor or a legendary for that price.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

yes and all those extra characters.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

It’s been more than six months since I’ve given ANet any money, and I don’t expect to reverse that course while the Living Story model persists. I’m not enough of a power earner to up-convert Gold to Gems in sufficient quantity to snag a whole expansion either (if they even offer it like that).

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I have a feeling most ppl would buy an expansion of any type if they put it out. As things stand they are giving us free expansion like content so i am not sure why ppl think paying money would make it more enjoyable. I guess ppl are fooled into the idea that money buys happiness? You realty got to question ppl ethics who think this way.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have a feeling most ppl would buy an expansion of any type if they put it out. As things stand they are giving us free expansion like content so i am not sure why ppl think paying money would make it more enjoyable. I guess ppl are fooled into the idea that money buys happiness? You realty got to question ppl ethics who think this way.

The LS is not giving players the kind of content they want…new zones, new character classes, new legendary weapons, new weapons with new skills, more skills etc…

A lot of the LS is 1 dungeon which is not so different from a lot of dungeons you done before or reworking world bosses which some like, some don’t, plus of course another list of achievement points to tick off…oh and another back piece…

The quality of each LS varies considerably, some are good, some are dire bug ridden versions of hell…

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Cantha? Gimme. ((Waves cash around))

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

I agree! Why would anyone want to throw cash at a company when we can have rushed, drip fed content, padded with farming and press F one hundred times?
It boggles the mind!
Also, I can’t believe ANet had the audacity to make this a buy to play game. It should have been a pure free to play game because money doesn’t buy happiness. What a slap in the face!

Jski.6180

The LS is not giving players the kind of content they want…new zones, new character classes, new legendary weapons, new weapons with new skills, more skills etc…

A lot of the LS is 1 dungeon which is not so different from a lot of dungeons you done before or reworking world bosses which some like, some don’t, plus of course another list of achievement points to tick off…oh and another back piece…

The quality of each LS varies considerably, some are good, some are dire bug ridden versions of hell…

So you want after day one of the game you want them to add in endless more things to get? In effect ppl feel overwhelmed by what is out there now why would you add in that much more?
I think your asking for way too much even from an exposition level add on.

Skan.5301

So you want after day one of the game you want them to add in endless more things to get? In effect ppl feel overwhelmed by what is out there now why would you add in that much more?

Those who get overwhelmed are either disillusioned or are the casualist of casual players. Really. Dulfy puts out the guides the day the patches hit. If you’re really pressed for time, as in, you know you wouldn’t be able to finish it, Dulfy the stuff and you’ll have it in ~2 hours time, maybe 3 if you’re slow.

The permanent content is a different story, but, then again, there have only been a handful of those.

– Euripides

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Had you asked this 3 months ago, I would have said yes, with no reservations.

I am not so sure any more. I keep looking at the globe that is displayed in a number of different parts of the “known world” and while I have some nostalgia for Factions and Nightfall, there are so many areas we have never seen.

I think I would rather see something totally new than go back to Cantha or Elona, but…if I were given one of those, I’d take it.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

They said there will be no expansions. Never. Cantha will be released through Living World, apparently.

Jski.6180

Those who get overwhelmed are either disillusioned or are the casualist of casual players. Really. Dulfy puts out the guides the day the patches hit. If you’re really pressed for time, as in, you know you wouldn’t be able to finish it, Dulfy the stuff and you’ll have it in ~2 hours time, maybe 3 if you’re slow.

The permanent content is a different story, but, then again, there have only been a handful of those.

Most of the LS have added in permanent content only the festival have been non permanent because they are once a year events.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

They said there will be no expansions. Never. Cantha will be released through Living World, apparently.

No they didn’t.

You couldn’t get any Dev on Earth to use the word ‘never’ when discussing something that could generate revenue if they had the manpower to deliver it.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Skan.5301

Most of the LS have added in permanent content only the festival have been non permanent because they are once a year events.

Seriously? Do tell me which ones. And I’m talking content, things that I can do more than once after the LS section is past. I’ve counted 3.

– Euripides

Jski.6180

Seriously? Do tell me which ones. And I’m talking content, things that I can do more than once after the LS section is past. I’ve counted 3.

Well the first south sun gave us a new map the 2ed south sun gave us a world boss event. The last 3 LS give us one new world boss event and update to and old world boss event and a new path in a dungeon. Other then that the 2 events that gave no permanent content was F&F it was not tied to a once a year event and the trade winds i think it was called that was tied to the air blade’s.

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

If it makes sense to go there, sure. Right now we’re dealing with the elder dragons and the only way I see us going to Cantha is to get help in beating the rest. Other than that it doesn’t make sense and people want it because of nostalgia. I’d rather see the lands east of Tyria though.

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

Yes…but it would not matter if it was Cantha based.

Any GW2 expansion I would buy, because I have played 2000+ hrs, so GW2 is great value for money.

Same answer here. Well, I haven’t played 2000+ hrs, more like 500+, but yes, I’d buy an expansion for sure, it doesn’t need to be Cantha-based.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

at this point i would buy any expansion im suck of the same old zones for more then year

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Is Master Togo dead?
Of course I’d buy a Cantha expansion, hell yeah I want a cantha expansion. I want a Cantha expansion more than I want the dragons.

The great forum duppy.