Would you exclude someone from a group...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

People, you’re demoralizing me from making a Ranger – she’s now level 21. :|

lol

I love my Ranger, seriously. However, I do not do dungeons so take that with a grain of salt. But a bunker build, well played, in WvW is a thing of beauty.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

@Ping

So the fact that the tag bugs out half the time making me not bother with the hassle of taking it off means you would auto-kick me from a dungeon party with you?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Doing Alpha without dodging (while getting no damage) sounds like some exploit to me. And exploits are neither fun nor allowed haha.

it’s not an exploit. Alpha’s AoE mechanic is very easy. There’s the rock corona (where rocks pop out on the outer circle) AoE and it’s safe to stand in the middle of it, so people that get it can stack on alpha and just continue to swing at him when the AoE is going on and then there’s the ice spike (bit ice spike comes out in the middle), that AoE is safe on the outer circle. The person that gets the ice spike is normally ranged so all he has to do is stay away from the main group that stacked on alpha and walk out of his own circle every time it appears.
It’s not the most popular way to do alpha this way (some will claim that stack and dodge is faster) and is very much unknown, but it’s probably the easiest way to do it, because once you determine who is who it requires no brain power to get Alpha killed.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

once you determine who is who it requires no brain power to get Alpha killed.

In a competent group (i.e. no Rangers or people using “imaginative” tanky/support builds) Alpha doesn’t require much brainpower anyway.

Honestly – and a lot of people agree with me on this – it requires less thought to dodge than to stack, especially when you have Warriors using Whirling Attack (vital for max DPS)

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Mirta.5029

once you determine who is who it requires no brain power to get Alpha killed.

In a competent group (i.e. no Rangers or people using “imaginative” tanky/support builds) Alpha doesn’t require much brainpower anyway.

Honestly – and a lot of people agree with me on this – it requires less thought to dodge than to stack, especially when you have Warriors using Whirling Attack (vital for max DPS)

It really boils down to preference (I prefer to do that whole AoE recognition thing and stack 4 people on him) however I can understand how it is beneficial for people who want to be really efficient and fast to take a certain group composition and dodge.

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Flissy needs to play with some good rangers apparently! Ive never seen such a bad attitude towards a profession.

Im always welcome in groups – and my primary is a ranger. Ive NEVER had anyone complain, or have issues with my damage or playstyle.

I do love how people blame all fail’s on rangers though – when its not always the case. LOL “We suck, blame the ranger!” Yeah… these groups usually suck WITH or WITHOUT the ranger – while a good ranger can help dramatically!

Geez…

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

@Ping

So the fact that the tag bugs out half the time making me not bother with the hassle of taking it off means you would auto-kick me from a dungeon party with you?

Nope, I will only pay extra attention to ppl with tag on. Excluding doesnt mean instant kicking. From my past experiences, they will most likely be either good wvw leader with a wvw build, or a completely joke who thinks 100g makes him/her hot.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

(edited by Ping.5739)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Unless i asked for them to fulfill something like reflect/high dps i won’t even kick rangers. If i asked for berserkers instead and get 4 people with sentinel gear, i’d even leave that party if i started the dungeon.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Flissy.4093

Flissy needs to play with some good rangers apparently! Ive never seen such a bad attitude towards a profession.

Im always welcome in groups – and my primary is a ranger. Ive NEVER had anyone complain, or have issues with my damage or playstyle.

I do love how people blame all fail’s on rangers though – when its not always the case. LOL “We suck, blame the ranger!” Yeah… these groups usually suck WITH or WITHOUT the ranger – while a good ranger can help dramatically!

Geez…

A “good” Ranger would be a lot more useful as almost any other profession. Fact. We have to assume random players are all of equal skill level.

Not to mention, I’ve never actually seen a “good” Ranger. They always like to sit at max range (out of range of group buffs) doing low DPS while providing limited support with their longbow or shortbow instead of getting up-close and personal doing decent damage with a GS or Sword/X.

I would sooner kick every Ranger and be labelled elitist than to carry a bunch of bads hoping for a Ranger who’s trying to be useful pop up once in a blue moon.

Light Up the Darkness

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I wonder if all theese rangers around here have never tried playing any other profession.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Our guild has some very good rangers. One of them saved our butts epically in one of our first TA story runs, back when we were at level for it and there were wp rezzes in combat. She expertly kited and dps’d the guy with all the little spider things while we ran back, and he was mostly dead when we got there.

I will run with any mix of professions. I only want people to be grownups who are having fun, performance is the least important part. Though after you tell someone twenty times not to pick up the wisp in the swamp fractal until everyone’s ready, and she keeps doing it, that run does eventually get called. No kicks, however (she was a wife of a friend but I won’t kick someone for anything other than a long unexplained fta or foul mouthed hate and anger issues).

Ping.5739

Geez…

“while a good ranger can help dramatically” that situation never, never happens. It’s important so I need to say it twice. Only if that good ranger replace a bad ranger, zerker thief, or a totally noob/lazy player.

Zerker ranger’s damage is, well, greatly off average, and it won’t be able to have any group utility. Spirit ranger does average support, but guardian can do the same thing with higher damage and better support. Tanky ranger…. even a shout heal tanky warrior with axe/shield will do better. Yes, all of this is base on if the ranger can professionally control the pet. Don’t worry, I do have a ranger and played her for at least 600 hours(1400+ hrs total, 300 on warrior, 250 on thief, 300 on mesmer).

Group blame ranger because most likely it will be ranger’s problem, but I highly doubt any experienced group will even blame others. I don’t personally agree with kicking any ranger, but if the ranger is being lazy in any form(yes I played ranger and I know how to be lazy as a ranger)…

The only time I enjoyed playing my ranger was some AC p2 before patch. I saved group because pet heal worked that time and I killed a group of ghost while downed.

The wrost decision that I’ve made in gw2 is pick ranger as my first toon….

(edited by Ping.5739)

Ping.5739

Geez…

A “good” Ranger would be a lot more useful as almost any other profession. Fact. We have to assume random players are all of equal skill level.

Not to mention, I’ve never actually seen a “good” Ranger. They always like to sit at max range (out of range of group buffs) doing low DPS while providing limited support with their longbow or shortbow instead of getting up-close and personal doing decent damage with a GS or Sword/X.

I would sooner kick every Ranger and be labelled elitist than to carry a bunch of bads hoping for a Ranger who’s trying to be useful pop up once in a blue moon.

I feel I gonna become that very soon too….. Not good not good =/

Ping.5739

Our guild has some very good rangers. One of them saved our butts epically in one of our first TA story runs, back when we were at level for it and there were wp rezzes in combat. She expertly kited and dps’d the guy with all the little spider things while we ran back, and he was mostly dead when we got there.

I will run with any mix of professions. I only want people to be grownups who are having fun, performance is the least important part. Though after you tell someone twenty times not to pick up the wisp in the swamp fractal until everyone’s ready, and she keeps doing it, that run does eventually get called. No kicks, however (she was a wife of a friend but I won’t kick someone for anything other than a long unexplained fta or foul mouthed hate and anger issues).

Umm, about that TA, it should be either up path third boss or f/u final boss. For up path third boss, the fact that she was kiting lil spiders prove that she didn’t know that path. For f/u path final boss, OMG, that ranger must be a god! Well it’s easy for her if you guys already cleared spiders in front of that tree.

Posted by: ASaturnus.4980

ASaturnus.4980

I wonder if all theese rangers around here have never tried playing any other profession.

I play every profession and have 5 professions on 80 and I like my ranger.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Basically, if you have good attitude and don’t come in on selfish profession/build, I will be glad running with you. This only applies when I am aiming for “experienced speed-run” and fotm. Otherwise I am fine with all.

/smh

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Umm, about that TA, it should be either up path third boss or f/u final boss. For up path third boss, the fact that she was kiting lil spiders prove that she didn’t know that path. For f/u path final boss, OMG, that ranger must be a god! Well it’s easy for her if you guys already cleared spiders in front of that tree.

Or, y’know, he could be talking about TA STORY, like he said, which would make the boss Brangoire, and the little spiders the Living Nightmares which look like see-through spiders.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

going to be honest some content is easier with certain classes and builds. That being said I don’t kick anyone who isn’t akitten for a really long time or just being disruptive and mean. I enter every dungeon fully prepared to solo what I have to outside of mechanics that require more than 1 person. CoF1 speed runs are accompanied by CoF runs with groups that don’t care about the class you run. Why complain about it if you are free to do what they do or not? It isn’t like you are not allowed to run the path however you like.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

If they where a specific profession? Just for anything?

(Looking to see if the CoF1 mentality is present everywhere or not.)

No i wouldn’t but i don’t care if we pass or finish, i am there to play not make money…

And not many will honestly own up to being that type of player here even if they are.

I have every profession at 80 all 8 and a second necro and guardian, my Ranger is my main then Engi…

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: WolfOwl.3968

WolfOwl.3968

No, not for their profession. The only reason I’d ever refuse to play with someone is their attitude.

This ^

If you’re an elitist or juvenile (attitude, not age), I won’t run anything with you if it can be avoided.

“I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him.”

Dante.1508

Geez…

Obviously you’ve never done CoE, rangers are the go to class in there, Alpha cannot kill good rangers in there and part 3 is almost aimed at rangers..

Posted by: Elite.6835

Elite.6835

I normally avoid grouping with theifs and people with 1k- achiev points. sad reality but its true and often saves me hours of frustration

Posted by: WolfOwl.3968

WolfOwl.3968

I normally avoid grouping with theifs and people with 1k- achiev points. sad reality but its true and often saves me hours of frustration

So in lieu of hp, level, or gear standards seen in other mmo’s, some GW2 players are resorting to using achievement points as their arbitrary means of passing judgment?

Good to know.

“I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him.”

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Until I got seriously into fractals I’d have said “gosh the very idea is abhorrent” like a wide eyed idealist.

But now I’m getting into higher level fractals; the difference between classes is like night and day. Get a guardian, mesmer support and a few zerker warriors and you’ll tear through bosses in seconds; run a party with no warriors or guardians, but a mix of engineers, rangers and necros and you’re in SERIOUS danger of slamming into a wall and having to abort the run.

Whether engineers, necros and rangers are a bad class, whether warriors are THAT overpowered, or whether only bad players take rangers, engys and necros to fractals I’m not sure; but that is literally how it falls and these days when I open an LFG and see a bunch’ve non-trinity (mesmer/guardian/warrior) sign up, I end up cringing and consigning myself to the fact this is gonna be a 2 hour run.

I’m still not so cruel as to turn them away but… it’s not a matter of elitism; I’ve simply yet to play in a party without a warrior or guardian(1) that didn’t suck horribly.

(1). I’ve yet to do a fractal run without a mesmer, because I am a mesmer.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Dante.1508

Until I got seriously into fractals I’d have said “gosh the very idea is abhorrent” like a wide eyed idealist.

But now I’m getting into higher level fractals; the difference between classes is like night and day. Get a guardian, mesmer support and a few zerker warriors and you’ll tear through bosses in seconds; run a party with no warriors or guardians, but a mix of engineers, rangers and necros and you’re in SERIOUS danger of slamming into a wall and having to abort the run.

Whether engineers, necros and rangers are a bad class, whether warriors are THAT overpowered, or whether only bad players take rangers, engys and necros to fractals I’m not sure; but that is literally how it falls and these days when I open an LFG and see a bunch’ve non-trinity (mesmer/guardian/warrior) sign up, I end up cringing and consigning myself to the fact this is gonna be a 2 hour run.

I’m still not so cruel as to turn them away but… it’s not a matter of elitism; I’ve simply yet to play in a party without a warrior or guardian(1) that didn’t suck horribly.

(1). I’ve yet to do a fractal run without a mesmer, because I am a mesmer.

While i agree with you to a point, we can thank sPvP balance every month for these serious issues in Guildwars 2..

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

for canach lair subdirector NULL explorable dailies i ask my party members not to bring rangers.

dun wan their pets to disturb the mines.

Dante.1508

for canach lair subdirector NULL explorable dailies i ask my party members not to bring rangers.

Which is yet another reason Rangers need permanent Stow or a way to remove these things..

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Which is yet another reason Rangers need permanent Stow or a way to remove these things..

but them pets are part of the rangers’ dps / tanking system.

perhaps an “MERGE WITH ME!” or “2 BECOME 1!” option for the rangers to receive a power up for having their pets merge with them.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Yes, but is very situational.

2) A second Necro/Engineer. One of these hogs the condition limit themselves, having another is a big drain. I will, however, ask the Necro if they are a power build before removal.

I often kick others for weapon choice as some are objectively bad, but thats another story.

I am puzzled by this one point. What does it matter who places the conditions on a mob? If one person puts 25 stacks on he is not “hogging” the limit for themselves, it is after all for the good of the party. If you have extra condition damage that cannot stack due to the limits then it is wasted damage but in no way can it be blamed on “hogging”.

Theftwind (HoD)

Dante.1508

but them pets are part of the rangers’ dps / tanking system.

perhaps an “MERGE WITH ME!” or “2 BECOME 1!” option for the rangers to receive a power up for having their pets merge with them.

Honestly i’d even take a hit in damage and such to remove these things at certain points, they are so bad and annoying…

I miss GW1 where i could just remove them, yes i have alts that have no pets its refreshing sometimes but sadly no class plays the same as ranger, its just those god awful pets slowing me down..damage or not … which is pitiful anyway..

I don’t even use pets on my necro’s

(edited by Dante.1508)

Flissy.4093

Geez…

Obviously you’ve never done CoE, rangers are the go to class in there, Alpha cannot kill good rangers in there and part 3 is almost aimed at rangers..

You could not be more wrong. I do COE daily – usually multiple times.

No way are Rangers a “goto” there. Their pets screw up Alpha’s AI (or used to, as I said I don’t take Rangers in groups). As for P3, I’m assuming you mean the destroyer? Traverse the platforms and melee it down in 2 “passes”. Used to be completable in 1 before quickness nerf, not now though.

Your example is horrid as COE is likely the least Ranger friendly dungeon. It’s the dungeon that high DPS makes it notably easier, more so than any other dungeon. We KNOW that Rangers are a low DPS profession, this is not news. Combine this with what I said earlier.

Light Up the Darkness

Flissy.4093

Yes, but is very situational.

2) A second Necro/Engineer. One of these hogs the condition limit themselves, having another is a big drain. I will, however, ask the Necro if they are a power build before removal.

I often kick others for weapon choice as some are objectively bad, but thats another story.

I am puzzled by this one point. What does it matter who places the conditions on a mob? If one person puts 25 stacks on he is not “hogging” the limit for themselves, it is after all for the good of the party. If you have extra condition damage that cannot stack due to the limits then it is wasted damage but in no way can it be blamed on “hogging”.

I didn’t mean “hogging” in a negative term. Its just my way of saying they can nearly max out bleeding/vuln on their own so having multiple people “specialise” in that role is a waste.

Light Up the Darkness

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

@Flissy
I have over 1400 hrs on my ranger (main since game launch), and did quite a few dungeons as a full ‘zerker’ dual-bow glass cannon ranger. I used 2 devourers on passive mode. I saw my roll as providing a steady stream of ranged DPS, with some greatsword melee as required, and to stay alive. I did a pretty good job at this while managing my pets, and yes, I did do CoE.

Yes, there are some ‘bad’ rangers out there, but far less then ‘bad’ warriors. I lost count the number of times I had to rez warriors in dungeons. In my experience, warriors are a liability and because there are too many bad ones I don’t dungeon with them anymore.

After I leveled my guardian (4 months ago), I stopped bringing my ranger into dungeons. I prefer what my guardian brings than my ranger. However, I don’t mind other rangers in dungeons, providing they know what they are doing. Being very familiar with the class, I can offer suggestions.

Warriors, on the other hand, are still on my avoidance list. They expect guardians to carry them because most warrior players never bothered to learn how play the class. They read or hear ‘warriors rule PvE’, so figure they don’t need to do anything except show up, and hope there is a guardian around ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

I dont do fractals, so no.

Dante.1508

Geez…

You could not be more wrong. I do COE daily – usually multiple times.

No way are Rangers a “goto” there. Their pets screw up Alpha’s AI (or used to, as I said I don’t take Rangers in groups). As for P3, I’m assuming you mean the destroyer? Traverse the platforms and melee it down in 2 “passes”. Used to be completable in 1 before quickness nerf, not now though.

Your example is horrid as COE is likely the least Ranger friendly dungeon. It’s the dungeon that high DPS makes it notably easier, more so than any other dungeon. We KNOW that Rangers are a low DPS profession, this is not news. Combine this with what I said earlier.

Obviously don’t know Rangers very well, Take sword and dagger and use your skills the same time on every skill Alpha uses he cannot hit you, you avoid him the whole battle, put pet on passive and your good…Count to 3 each skill used on the last alpha count to 2..

The robot take Axe and horn so the Axe hits the robot and its turrets at the same time, Hunters Call does massive damage to the robot unless you’re exploiting it and the turrets aren’t active, while Call of the wild buffs the whole party..

Evolved Destroyer is a piece of cake with Rangers with extended range..

The pet issue is NOT the players fault or the poor skill blamed on pets, throw your complaints at anet when a pet ruins a run.. not the ranger.. we cannot, repeat cannot remove the stupid junk its attached to us by Anet…not our faults..

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

I think I would only kick a person if they are incompetent, rude or are a serious liability to my party. That isn’t to say that I would kick newcomers, Although I would first gauge their in-game merit AKA Achievement Points. And then when we enter the content I would see how they actually fair while participating in the group.

Judging by achievement points is stupid. If they started early they could have done dailies to bump their points up. A bad player is a bad player regardless of their AP.

I never kick anybody or exclude anybody unless they suck bad.

I think you need to read my comment carefully, If they have low “Merit” and are acting in such a way as I described in my previous comment then I would kick them. Not solely based on their “Merit”, maybe you should read before you call something “Stupid”.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Exclude? Never. Vote kick for terrible attitude or for screwing the entire team over repeatedly? Most likely.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Nope. Never based on profession.

I’m thinking a 5x thief group might be a bit problematic, but hey, it’s a fun challenge.

Only reason I’d exclude someone is if they’re rude or completely stupid & not listening. By that I mean intentionally just being bad to the detrement of the group and not listening or communicating in any way. As bizarre and obscure as that sounds, I’m sure everyone here has partied with at least one at some point.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

If they’re a Ranger… yes. ….and I main Ranger. Most ranger players are TERRIBLE and they don’t get the same Success-Wellfare that Warriors tend to get. I don’t even attempt to get my own Ranger into pubs b/c of it. A lot of Rangers players will swear they’re “not the bad ones”. It doesn’t matter. ANET didn’t give us the right tools to prove it. Most Arah runs will fail when you attempt to run a DPS Ranger instead of a much more niche class like support Guardian, Geo-Exploit portal Mes, or even evade Thief.

Engineers are also very questionable. One of my better friends in this game played Engineer at release and his survival was pathetic and for some reason the Mobs ALWAYS targeted him first and there was nothing he could do to stop them. That’s not really his fault, that’s just weird Aggro mechanics by ANET as usual. But it’s still too much of a hassle to constantly have to rez someone like that.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

If they’re a Ranger… yes. ….and I main Ranger. Most ranger players are TERRIBLE and they don’t get the same Success-Wellfare that Warriors tend to get. I don’t even attempt to get my own Ranger into pubs b/c of it. A lot of Rangers players will swear they’re “not the bad ones”. It doesn’t matter. ANET didn’t give us the right tools to prove it. Most Arah runs will fail when you attempt to run a DPS Ranger instead of a much more niche class like support Guardian, Geo-Exploit portal Mes, or even evade Thief.

Engineers are also very questionable. One of my better friends in this game played Engineer at release and his survival was pathetic and for some reason the Mobs ALWAYS targeted him first and there was nothing he could do to stop them. That’s not really his fault, that’s just weird Aggro mechanics by ANET as usual. But it’s still too much of a hassle to constantly have to rez someone like that.

9 times out of 10, I’d prefer a Ranger over a Thief in my dungeon groups. The vast majority of Thieves have no clue how to play their profession in dungeons and Rangers at least offer significant group heals, condition removal, and some boon support.

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Semi-out-of-topic

How do you guys expect the Ranger to play? I am asking because I am currently levelling a Ranger and I want to get an idea on how people like them to play.

I noticed most issues are on pets – what about it?

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Semi-out-of-topic

How do you guys expect the Ranger to play? I am asking because I am currently levelling a Ranger and I want to get an idea on how people like them to play.

Stow the Pet and learn to have unlimited Dodging through Vigor exploits & 40% Endurance Food. Getting really good with the 1h sword takes a long time but is worth it. Faceroll the Greatsword if you can’t even do that much. But mainly: ditch the “WrongBow”, it’s only good in WvW and Farming. Not 5-man groups.
….Also learn which attacks by certain “deal-breaking” mobs CAN’T BE DODGED.
(Ie: Scavies, Lupicus, Snipers, etc…)

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Semi-out-of-topic

The biggest issue is probably that pets cant be stowed permanently. Some people want to play an archer not a pet user and so the pet becomes “junk”. And as for the longbow – my first 80 ranger (I have 2 and working on a third) has done the most instanced content of my alt roster and there’s nothing wrong with it as long as you don’t rely on it for everything.

And don’t grief with #4!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It depends.

If my guildies and I are interested, for chuckles, in seeing how an all Thief party does in AC explorable, or something of the sort, then it would kind of defeat the purpose to include a Warrior right ?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m excluding everyone that posted in this thread from my group including myself.

The Burninator

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m excluding everyone that posted in this thread from my group including myself.

Probably not a bad idea!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I no longer invite THF’s or people below 2,500 achievement points because every single THF and every single person I’ve ever had a group below 2,500 achievements or on THF has been completely garbage at the game and made the dungeon 4 man.

THF’s are fine, they might be the worst PVE class, but they’re still fine. However, the players who play the class made me not want to risk it anymore. Sorry good THF’s.

Semi-out-of-topic

Ranger’s are also an incredible PVE class, they have the best water field in the game, 50% uptime waterfield with AOE regen + aoe condition removal? Yes please, not to mention they’re tanky as hell, do decent damage, and have the best res in the game via their elite spirit. You just need a ranger who knows how to do more than autoattack with a ranged weapon and alt tab. Use greatsword, gear tanky, and support while tanking. Pretend you’re a guardian with a pet, because you are.

(edited by Shiyo.3578)

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Never. I’ll take a good attitude and teamwork over some 100b zerker diva any day.

Mirta.5029

Ranger’s are also an incredible PVE class, they have the best water field in the game, 50% uptime waterfield with AOE regen + aoe condition removal? Yes please, not to mention they’re tanky as hell, do decent damage, and have the best res in the game via their elite spirit. You just need a ranger who knows how to do more than autoattack with a ranged weapon and alt tab. Use greatsword, gear tanky, and support while tanking. Pretend you’re a guardian with a pet, because you are.

even if the ranger is specked for zerker and uses a sword their damage is still over than anyone else’s. Excuse from Anet? They have a pet to help their damage, so they don’t need a damage increase! So no, they don’t do decent damage.

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Whole pve is about warriors spamming 100blades, and mesmers buffing them.

Also they are very ’’elitists’’, in this impressive tactics, you need LOT of experience, no joke big deal.