HoT Price Feedback + Base game included [merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Xeno Mezphy.3145

Xeno Mezphy.3145

I think you guys got it all wrong. The USD50 is to get back the money they spend making Drytop and Silverwaste.
So, it would make sense if they charge extra of USD10-20 for those 2 maps. And the 30-40USD is the price of the expansion plus the core.

I thought that’s what mail carriers were for.

Yeah, those were part of the trickle of content paid for by the gemstore. Just like everything we’ll see after HoT’s release, up till the next paid expansion.

I was just being snarky. I don’t have any issue with the gemstore as a concept, unlike many I’ve seen about. I mostly just take issue with Anet devaluing my already inherently valueless time.

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

i mean Guild wars 2 by far is the cheapest investment of MMOs… and In comparison to other forms of entertainment on the majority MMOs as a whole are cheaper, so i feel like u cant really accuse GW2 for ripping people off, they are charging u alot less.. for the exact same amount of stuff any other MMO generally delievers in expansions in todays prices.

Doesn’t really matters how GW2 fares against other games or entertainment products.

What truly matters is how the expansion fares against the current game. And for some people (including myself) HoT doesn’t provides too much value for the price. So I can stand without buying HoT for a long time, and later could pay for it at lower cost and also buy a slot for the star signature of the expansion (the new class).

False….

A Guy doesnt Put a price on his New invention or Creation based on wutever he feels like, No theres something in real life called a ENCONOMY.

if 1 Shop sells a Shirt for £22 oppisite ur store… u’ll sell urs for £20.

Competitive Pricing, If in WoW 0 New classes 0 New Speccs 5 Lands 2 Raids and a Garrison = £40. thats the PRICE of gaming That is WHAT its been judged and Stuck with…. this is what u people just dont Seem to understand, U dont walk into shops and Notice MASSIVE differences in prices for the exact same items…. People produce the Same Standard as one another at a competitive Price.

you cant DECIDE the value of the pound, u can decide YOUR value of the pound but apprantly its a MILE out of the realistic value.

GW2 success is based on people Who play MMOs on the majority Prefer to Play thier MMO so how it fairs against other MMOS is all that matters, If Players say A is better A is Cheaper A is better value at More realistic prices then A is Better in that market.

£34 is CHEAP for a game or a Expansion, Possibly one of the cheapest games i’ve bought in a LONG time, its 2015 Prices go up every year, MMOs will get more and more expensive, Just like everything else, its how the world works.

Yes u can go without it and not bother to purchase it, but if the balance is Whacko, and u just get slaughtered in pvp and Just do no DPS in comparison to the Elite Speccs the games Entertainment will fade for you. but u wont know those terms til its released.

tbh when i saw peoples Reaction i was assuming it was like £50 ($70) for base copy, not cheap as hell.

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

Hi,

First off, I’ve been a big fan of GW1, GW2, the living story and all the work you’ve been doing, for this reason, I know HoT will be worth every penny you ask for, and I’d have certainly pre purchased it straight away (like I did with GW2 on april 10th), if it wasn’t for you’re policy of including the first game.

I perfectly understand it makes sense for you to include GW2 in the package, as this almost 3 years old game is quite frequently bargained for $10, and you get most of your money from the gem store anyway.

However, I find this a bit shocking not to give something back to the GW2 players (let’s say, that same $10 in the form of 800 gems, enough to get a character slot).

Right now, a player that have 5 characters would have to pay “more” to bind the extension with his original account to create a Revenant, as he would have to pay for an additional slot (or delete one of his character), than just creating a new account.

I personally spent happily over $100 on the gem store, already have an empty 11th slot for my revenant, but I really don’t feel good about pre-purchasing HoT with the current offer…

I really hope you’ll reconsider.

For me delete mule and pay for bank storage or buy char slots. I’ve invested too much time on alll my characters acroas the board. Paid for gem stuff not just because I had to have something but thinking I’m contributing to the future of the game. My wife had dusk drop a couple weeks ago . I had been saving up for the precursor when it dropped for her off a kitten graveling in ac. I still owe her as she sold it to me for the price on to avoiding fees . I still owe her 500 as I only play on weekends mostly since I am over the road Farming at this point isn’t an option for a character slot. I would have to buy one so to me this would ease my mind better if I could get the slot for free. Maybe another precursor too. l

Posted by: TheToxicFox.8710

TheToxicFox.8710

Hey all,

We understand that there are many opinions and suggestions about the game versions and the pre-purchase program. We will continue to read your thoughts and thank you for sharing them.

Edit to add: We will share your input with the team.

Thank you for taking the time to read our feedback. Please DO NOT take it lightly. This game is already like 40 dollars brand new and those of us that have spent real money purchasing cosmetic items, gold, gems, etc. and have supported since Guild Wars 2’s launch should really only be paying like 10-15 for this expansion INCLUDING but not limited to 1-3 additional character slots for the Revenant class and the miniature Rytlock.

Posted by: Sadistic Lust.6357

Sadistic Lust.6357

I am just a little bit concerned with all this drama, I personally am willing and happy to purchase the Ultimate edition of this game. With the drama if there are any changes to these packages for a cheaper price or extra contentI just hope I would not be missing out on any extra content just because I purchased the package earlier.

Posted by: Bassjunkey.9746

Bassjunkey.9746

Its an easy fix. The starter pack just has to offer the base game OR 800 gems along with the HoT expansion(Keeping in mind that the other two packages are the starter PLUS stuff so its for all of them really).

Everyone wins, no one has to refund anything, anet dosent have to pay money. Its that simple.. 800 gems.

If they add a slot the purchase would be a nobrainer to me. Without it´s just a rip-off EA-STYLE….
I don´t wanna pay for the failure of Wildstar and those other kittenty NC games… which they have to compensate for through GW2….

Drayos.8759

see i dont see that as a issue myself, because we havnt actually seen all of the new expansion, just highlights of the different things coming into the game overall, we havnt been shown anything which would actually say exactly how much content ur buying into.

Once those who have insta-purchased go into Betas i think u’ll see a Proper sight of what your really getting, so i feel that content level isnt shown enough to know what your getting into, and yes paying into something that u dont know is a risk.

but WoW among many others do the exact same thing with even less information on what you pay for, as far as i understand those in the inital game were in the exact same placement

but when it comes to really battleing weather the expansion is overpriced for the Length and entertainment of what is. in GW2 as it has no sub model u have no additional charges, which ofcourse will make the expansions more expensive, its their one ensured profit… they have nothing else which would force players to pay into the game… so u have to see that side of it.

over Three years.

WoW – £9.99 a month + £40 a Year… 120+120 = £240x3 for 3 years.

Wildstar £40 (no Expansions were released) + £9 = 108 + 40 = £148x3.

Now to run into F2P games

EQ2 – Paying for classes = £20 each, (2 classes atm) Races = £10 fdor vampire and £20-£40 for Drakken so £40 minimum so far.. Mercs require Payment of £10, Reforging = £10 now £60

Sub isnt required but u lose out on a few things not having it… so to Benefit 100% of what they can offer due to locks on exp weekends etc etc u’d have to pay. + £34 per expansion..

Thats coming to like £100 to access everything + £9

i mean Guild wars 2 by far is the cheapest investment of MMOs… and In comparison to other forms of entertainment on the majority MMOs as a whole are cheaper, so i feel like u cant really accuse GW2 for ripping people off, they are charging u alot less.. for the exact same amount of stuff any other MMO generally delievers in expansions in todays prices.

Some MMOs are completely free. So this is not a justification.

Name some please.

Cause f2p games More often then not require Payment Sources

EQ2 – 2 classes locked at £20 each. 2 Races locked at £20+ Each. Reforging Locked at £10 Mercenaries locked at £10, Cant Wear Raid armour Fabled or Legendary gear without Subscribing. – JUST THOSE cost more then this Expansion alone.

Rift – Can simply outdo ur enemies by paying RL Money for your gear. Grindfest without Subscription. Souls Locked £40 to get em all… AGAIN to have the whole game it is ONCE MORE far more expensive then This expansion.

Tera – Grindfest without paying Sub Atleast.

Aion – Grindfest without Paying, and on EU without goldbox u cant wear/use/trade/broker at all and just repeatively wiped the floor with.

Im looking to see These “COMPLETELY” free games…

this is what i dont understand to unlock 2 Classes is more expensive in the MMO World then this expansion is and ur questioning its value? lol, and with the souls it physically locks u like elite specializations in this game… putting ur class at a disadvantage ur expected to pay £40 to have them witohut any other additions or bonus’s Juist simply 2 Souls on ur main class.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Entitled? Yes, I’m entitled to know what I’m buying before I pay for it. A minimal (?)expansion at a full-game price w/o so much as a character slot thrown in?

I’m entitled to go play other games, whose publishers show me what I’m getting to justify their pricing.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So, I went to the auto accessory shop the other day that was offering a free car with every set of rims bought to myself a set of rims for my car, thinking I could give the other car to my friend since I don’t need it. But you know what they said?

‘You already have a car, you do not count. If you buy the rims, you only get the rims. New cars are for new customers only.’

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

see i dont see that as a issue myself, because we havnt actually seen all of the new expansion, just highlights of the different things coming into the game overall, we havnt been shown anything which would actually say exactly how much content ur buying into.

Once those who have insta-purchased go into Betas i think u’ll see a Proper sight of what your really getting, so i feel that content level isnt shown enough to know what your getting into, and yes paying into something that u dont know is a risk.

but WoW among many others do the exact same thing with even less information on what you pay for, as far as i understand those in the inital game were in the exact same placement

but when it comes to really battleing weather the expansion is overpriced for the Length and entertainment of what is. in GW2 as it has no sub model u have no additional charges, which ofcourse will make the expansions more expensive, its their one ensured profit… they have nothing else which would force players to pay into the game… so u have to see that side of it.

over Three years.

EQ2 – Paying for classes = £20 each, (2 classes atm) Races = £10 fdor vampire and £20-£40 for Drakken so £40 minimum so far.. Mercs require Payment of £10, Reforging = £10 now £60

Sub isnt required but u lose out on a few things not having it… so to Benefit 100% of what they can offer due to locks on exp weekends etc etc u’d have to pay. + £34 per expansion..

Name some please.

EQ2 – 2 classes locked at £20 each. 2 Races locked at £20+ Each. Reforging Locked at £10 Mercenaries locked at £10, Cant Wear Raid armour Fabled or Legendary gear without Subscribing. – JUST THOSE cost more then this Expansion alone.

Rift – Can simply outdo ur enemies by paying RL Money for your gear. Grindfest without Subscription. Souls Locked £40 to get em all… AGAIN to have the whole game it is ONCE MORE far more expensive then This expansion.

Aion – Grindfest without Paying, and on EU without goldbox u cant wear/use/trade/broker at all and just repeatively wiped the floor with.

this is what i dont understand to unlock 2 Classes is more expensive in the MMO World then this expansion is and ur questioning its value? lol, and with the souls it physically locks u like elite specializations in this game… putting ur class at a disadvantage ur expected to pay £40 to have them witohut any other additions or bonus’s Juist simply 2 Souls on ur main class.

You basically just listed a bunch of GW2s without initial payments. Congrats.
DCUO is another one, and so was post-sub CoX before NCsoft ran it into the ground. Let’s see how long until they do the same with GW2.

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

(edited by Blackworm.2167)

Drayos.8759

Some GW2 players are the most entitled I’ve seen in the industry, not because they want everything given to them … but because they honestly think they are being rational about this.

What’s irrational about wanting the full information of what you are purchasing? The secrecy surrounding HoT is giving players pause before they make their decision. I don’t think you know what entitlement means.

he didnt say it was irrational, i think hes targetting the ones screaming “TOO EXPENSIVE” “ISNT WORTH THE MONEY” “I DESERVE FREE STUFF FOR PURCHASE” “I DONT THINK NEW PLAYERS SHOULD GET TO COME IN CHEAPER THEN I DID” its those players i say this too.

Waiting is fine, Alot do it.. my brother and mum both play games, im the only one of the 3 who is keen for pre-purchasing into expansions and games, two different mind sets.

the Player Entitlements hes mentioning are aimed at the Reddit people Claiming they deserve to be given More stuff Free to purchase this expansion, that they’re Money is too Worthy to pay out for the game… there are many refusing to buy the expansion all together without more free things in the game.

Posted by: Smitten.3076

Smitten.3076

Some GW2 players are the most entitled I’ve seen in the industry, not because they want everything given to them … but because they honestly think they are being rational about this.

Oh yes, because god forbid anyone criticizes the business practices of a company.
It’s people like you responsible for the rapidly dropping standards of the gaming industry. You brown-nosers would eat feces if they were spoon-fed by Anet.
Personally, I expected better from them.
And you honestly think that’s rational behavior. It goes both ways, pal.
To everyone else: Stay cynical, for the good of the industry.

Misplaced anger … totally misplaced, but by all means paint whatever picture you like. Charging standard prices for expansions, certainly the first isn’t exactly a new or odd mmo business practice. Most mmo’s actually don’t give you the base game free with the first expac, they wait until the second to bundle it. I’ll give you that Anet should have dropped an expac a year ago.

What’s absurd is the mentality from those of you screaming the loudest that Anet’s price is bad because new players get the base game or even worse that you don’t know if the expac has enough content. Absolutely absurd … stay mad, don’t buy the expac.

Some of you folks … such entitlement.

P.S – If you want to push for transparency on what the Expac actually offers content wise, I’m completely in your corner .. but in the vast amount of kitten going on over this I’ve seen three(3) people actually asking that question without throwing a tantrum.

(edited by Smitten.3076)

Posted by: Sadistic Lust.6357

Sadistic Lust.6357

So, I went to the auto accessory shop the other day that was offering a free car with every set of rims bought to myself a set of rims for my car, thinking I could give the other car to my friend since I don’t need it. But you know what they said?

‘You already have a car, you do not count. If you buy the rims, you only get the rims. New cars are for new customers only.’

The general concern is that people are afraid of other people selling this “car” instead of giving it to their friends.

Drayos.8759

over Three years.

Name some please.

You basically just listed a bunch of GW2s without initial payments. Congrats.
DCUO is another one, and so was post-sub CoX before NCsoft ran it into the ground. Let’s see how long until they do the same with GW2.

They all Charge u for expansions dude lmfao, read up on them before you do.

EQ2 Expansion is like a Year old and they still sell it for the same price as GW2 for their brand new pre-purchase, so dont act like EQ2 have been less Steep.

Rift charge u £20 for Every component of the kitten Expansions Every year dragging £40-£60 out of u each year Instead Because ur class Absolutely sucks Without the Additional Souls as they design em to be that way.

Tera Just puts u on a Deathloop with no chance to survive for AGES at this point as Older players and paying Players Rip you to shreds with Twinking.

Aion is same manor, Pay to Twink and Wipe the floor with you.

Aion and Tera are the only two NOT to charge fees for What they release in a Expansion, and they are Korean games and Generally do not.

NCSoft have a Bad Rep for Shutting games down without a second Chance, not Running things into the floor, NCSoft run some kitten good games with pretty kitten good Populations Fanbases and Love, so insulting NCSoft isnt really Required, Specially as they have nothing to do with the Expansion Costs… NCSoft in most of their games do not have Expansion Costs.

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

Here with your friendly bait-and-switch reminder

Attachments:

Posted by: Warb.8127

Warb.8127

They outright lied to people on their FAQ’s and then edited them to cover it up. Sorry there is no understanding now, the second they tried to cover it up is the second they basically admitted to lying.

Posted by: InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

InfinitytheSoulWarden.5963

I Think it is funny that they are have yet to even acknowledge our concerns.

poor move on Arena net

the longer they let us stew in our anger the worse it will get…. but they are a company not logical…

Soul Warden of Echo of Enclayd
~Infinity Warden

Blackworm.2167

Oh yes, because god forbid anyone criticizes the business practices of a company.
It’s people like you responsible for the rapidly dropping standards of the gaming industry. You brown-nosers would eat feces if they were spoon-fed by Anet.

Misplaced anger … totally misplaced, but by all means paint whatever picture you like. Charging standard prices for expansions, certainly the first isn’t exactly a new or odd mmo business practice. Most mmo’s actually don’t give you the base game free with the first expac, they wait until the second to bundle it. I’ll give you that Anet should have dropped an expac a year ago.

What’s absurd is the mentality from those of you screaming the loudest that Anet’s price is bad because new players get the base game or even worse that you don’t know if the expac has enough content. Absolutely absurd … stay mad, don’t buy the expac.

“Charging standard prices for expansions, certainly the first isn’t exactly a new or odd mmo business practice.”
Never said it was. This tells me you don’t actually understand the argument being made here.

“Most MMOs” actually are free nowadays. Get with the times, please.

“Screaming the loudest” It’s easy for you to see something you don’t agree with as ‘screaming’. Very typical.

en·ti·tle·ment
noun
noun: entitlement; plural noun: entitlements

the fact of having a right to something.
“full entitlement to fees and maintenance should be offered”
synonyms: right, prerogative, claim; More

It’s funny how you want to use “entitled” as an insult, when people are in fact entitled to complete information about what they are purchasing. The opposite is company opacity. That is currently the biggest issue within the gaming industry right now, and you seem to want to perpetuate it.

You sound like the kind of person who would pay as much money as possible for as little content as possible, whatever it is, without using logic first.
Brown-nosing isn’t exactly an effective defense strategy. It actually makes you seem rather naive.

Steam Profile

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

poor move on Arena net

the longer they let us stew in our anger the worse it will get…. but they are a company not logical…

This is a tempest in a tea pot compared to what’s brewing for the 6-23 patch.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I think you guys got it all wrong. The USD50 is to get back the money they spend making Drytop and Silverwaste.
So, it would make sense if they charge extra of USD10-20 for those 2 maps. And the 30-40USD is the price of the expansion plus the core.

Yeah, those were part of the trickle of content paid for by the gemstore. Just like everything we’ll see after HoT’s release, up till the next paid expansion.

I was just being snarky. I don’t have any issue with the gemstore as a concept, unlike many I’ve seen about. I mostly just take issue with Anet devaluing my already inherently valueless time.

I don’t have any issues with the gemstore concept myself. It’s brought us nearly 3 years of content and feature updates.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

50$ is a fair price IF and ONLY IF the expansion is not just another small map, small changes and the usual large bugs and problems.
But, given that I quit playing GW2 for other reasons (no real end content), most likely I am not going to buy it.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

You should consider selling a fourth option: The Heart of Thorns expansion pack for $39.99. FFXIV Heavensward is $39.99 so it would help if your prices were competitive. Even their digital collectors edition is $59.99 which is $15 cheaper than your collector’s edition. Just a thought, Anet.

(edited by Zhaneel.9208)

poor move on Arena net

i really dont think thats true. we have known for a while what is coming 6-23

this is a massive bomb dropped on the community, and numerous issues not being addressed by the company .

~Infinity Warden

Blackworm.2167

They all Charge u for expansions dude lmfao, read up on them before you do.

EQ2 Expansion is like a Year old and they still sell it for the same price as GW2 for their brand new pre-purchase, so dont act like EQ2 have been less Steep.

Rift charge u £20 for Every component of the kitten Expansions Every year dragging £40-£60 out of u each year Instead Because ur class Absolutely sucks Without the Additional Souls as they design em to be that way.

Tera Just puts u on a Deathloop with no chance to survive for AGES at this point as Older players and paying Players Rip you to shreds with Twinking.

Aion is same manor, Pay to Twink and Wipe the floor with you.

Aion and Tera are the only two NOT to charge fees for What they release in a Expansion, and they are Korean games and Generally do not.

NCSoft have a Bad Rep for Shutting games down without a second Chance, not Running things into the floor, NCSoft run some kitten good games with pretty kitten good Populations Fanbases and Love, so insulting NCSoft isnt really Required, Specially as they have nothing to do with the Expansion Costs… NCSoft in most of their games do not have Expansion Costs.

You asked for games without an initial payment requirement, yet the same payment model as GW2 (microtransations), and you got them.

You can play DCUO without paying a dime, unlike GW2. Yet, like GW2, it has an in-game store with the same kind of microtransactions as GW2 (cheaper, in fact). Free content updates (more often than GW2), and any additional content you can buy is significantly cheaper for what you get. By buying an episode, you get about 50% as much content as HoT is advertised to have. At how much? $5.
New map, new missions/group challenges, new instances, new powerset (the same as what a new profession in GW2 is), all for $5.

Steam Profile

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

You need to give a discount to people who already had accounts and a price-difference upgrade option to those of us who recently bought the game(myself included – last week).

Bellizare.5816

poor move on Arena net

this is a massive bomb dropped on the community, and numerous issues not being addressed by the company .

I wish I had your optimism.

Smitten.3076

“Charging standard prices for expansions, certainly the first isn’t exactly a new or odd mmo business practice.”
Never said it was. This tells me you don’t actually understand the argument being made here.

“Screaming the loudest” It’s easy for you to see something you don’t disagree with as ‘screaming’. Very typical.

en·ti·tle·ment
noun

It’s funny how you want to use “entitled” as an insult, when people are in fact entitled to complete information about what they are purchasing. The opposite is company opacity. That is currently the biggest issue within the gaming industry right now, and you seem to want to perpetuate it.

You sound like the kind of person who would pay as much money as possible for as little content as possible, whatever it is, without using logic first.
Brown-nosing isn’t exactly an effective defense strategy. It actually makes you seem rather naive.

Most MMOs actually are free nowadays. Get with the times, please."
This isn’t one of them, move along.

“Screaming the loudest It’s easy for you to see something you don’t disagree with as ‘screaming’. Very typical.”

It’s pretty obvious with the vitriol you spewed in response to me , how exactly would you like me to see it?

If you don’t feel there is enough value or information about a preorder/purchase .. then .. don’t preorder/purchase it? I know .. it’s mind blowing.The entitlement follows those who think they should be given something for being a veteran or gasp because they made to many characters, if that doesn’t apply to you then kindly move along and stop arguing the semantics of my word usage.

Please also refrain from using ad hominem’s it’s rather silly.

Warb.8127

What they need to do is man up and explain to the community why they are trying to cover this up instead of confronting the community.

People will still rage but they will save face by being honest, the whole trying to hide it behind edits is doing nothing positive for them. All they are accomplishing now is making themselves look even more shady and dishonest/guilty of false advertising.

Blackworm.2167

“Screaming the loudest” It’s easy for you to see something you don’t disagree with as ‘screaming’. Very typical.

en·ti·tle·ment
noun

Most MMOs actually are free nowadays. Get with the times, please."
This isn’t one of them, move along.

“Screaming the loudest It’s easy for you to see something you don’t disagree with as ‘screaming’. Very typical.”

It’s pretty obvious with the vitriol you spewed in response to me , how exactly would you like me to see it?

If you don’t feel there is enough value or information about a preorder/purchase .. then .. don’t preorder/purchase it? I know .. it’s mind blowing.The entitlement follows those who think they should be given something for being a veteran or gasp because they made to many characters, if that doesn’t apply to you then kindly move along and stop arguing the semantics of my word usage.

Please also refrain from using ad hominem’s it’s rather silly.

“This isn’t one of them, move along.”
Obviously. I was refuting your foolish statement. Nowhere did I say GW2 is free. Read please.

“If you don’t feel there is enough value or information about a preorder/purchase .. then .. don’t preorder/purchase it? "
Wow. It’s almost like that’s already what I’m planning to do. You might be psychic.

“The entitlement follows those who think they should be given something for being a veteran or gasp because they made to many characters, if that doesn’t apply to you then kindly move along and stop arguing the semantics of my word usage.”
That’s interesting, because I have yet to see an argument postulating that anywhere on these forums.
It seems you don’t actually understand the argument, yet want to argue against it anyway because it offends you. This is where you end up looking foolish.

Unfortunately for you, you don’t get to silence and censor peoples’ opinions, no matter how much you dislike them. The people complaining have valid points, and just because you can’t understand / don’t like them, does not make them any less valid.

Also, please show me where I used ad-hominems, because you might just be over-sensitive.

Steam Profile

Bellizare.5816

What they need to do is man up and explain to the community why they are trying to cover this up instead of confronting the community.

People will still rage but they will save face by being honest, the whole trying to hide it behind edits is doing nothing positive for them. All they are accomplishing now is making themselves look even more shady and dishonest/guilty of false advertising.

It looks stinky, but what other choice did they have? The new answer is true.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

They should have two deals for standard one give you core game other give you free character slot if you own the core game.

Warb.8127

The other choice they had was coming forward and being honest instead of ignoring the community (hostile or not) and trying to pull a fast one. It may be true now but it contradicts what it said before that brought in sales/revenue.

poor move on Arena net

It is not optimism, its realism.

you are telling me that a few potential balancing issues is going to rip up the community more then the company lying to its consumers and then trying to cover it up by changing information.

you are the optimist for thinking something so trivial would distract from a major breach of trust.

~Infinity Warden

Smitten.3076

Wow. It’s almost like that’s already what I’m planning to do. You might be psychic.

But unfortunately for you, you don’t get to silence and censor peoples’ opinions, no matter how much you dislike them. The people complaining have valid points, and just because you can’t understand / don’t like them, does not make them any less valid.

Also, please show me where I used ad-hominems, because you might just be over-sensitive.

“It’s people like you responsible for the rapidly dropping standards of the gaming industry. You brown-nosers would eat feces if they were spoon-fed by Anet. "

“You sound like the kind of person who would pay as much money as possible for as little content as possible, whatever it is, without using logic first.
Brown-nosing isn’t exactly an effective defense strategy. "

• An ad hominem (Latin for “to the man” or “to the person”1), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person’s character, rather than to the content of their arguments. *

Just as you have the ability to stomp your feet and pitch a little fit, I have the ability to slap your cheek and tell you to stop being a petulant child. * You * being generally anyone pitching a tantrum right now and not asking the only question that should be asked. Remember Champ, you attacked me to begin with … so you either had your feathers ruffled at what I wrote because it implicated you or you’re just the nicest gosh darn person on these forums, looking out for the mad people et al.

" That’s interesting, because I have yet to see an argument postulating that anywhere on these forums. "

Really …. Really?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Give-existing-players-1600-gems
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Compare-HoT-Exp-Bundles-with-other-MMORPG
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a4ktf/dont_prepurchase_heart_of_thorns/

That’s just the ones I glossed threw too ; the uproar inside of game chat sigh.

" It seems you don’t actually understand the argument, yet want to argue against it anyway because it offends you. This is where you end up looking foolish. "

I’m not arguing , Troll … the argument you think I don’t understand, isn’t the argument that I am arguing. There is no argument, there are mature individuals biding their time, some are asking the right questions, and the rest are frothing at the mouth with indignation and acting the fool. Which are you? ( This is rhetorical )

(edited by Smitten.3076)

Posted by: AlexanderFalkor.4765

AlexanderFalkor.4765

great Scot do you hear yourselves “we want this” we dont want that" boo hoo they are a business they need to make money if you’d like they could implement a sub fee and lower the price of the expansion but i personally like the fact that i don’t pay monthly for this game

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

I don’t think they got much out of the mail carriers. I saw some with the gemstore purchase mail carriers, but many may have already use gold to exchange for gems. And many still use the default carriers. So, I don’t think so.

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

great Scot do you hear yourselves “we want this” we dont want that" boo hoo they are a business they need to make money if you’d like they could implement a sub fee and lower the price of the expansion but i personally like the fact that i don’t pay monthly for this game

That’s nice and all except there are people who recently bought the game.

The issue is not the 50 USD price, the issue is including the base game with the expansion and making us buy the base game over again for no benefit.

Yes Money is important to a company, but transparency is important as well. you dont lie to the people who fill your wallet with money !

~Infinity Warden

Posted by: Errant.1509

Errant.1509

The other choice they had was coming forward and being honest instead of ignoring the community (hostile or not) and trying to pull a fast one. It may be true now but it contradicts what it said before that brought in sales/revenue.

E3 week, don’t hold your breath. Smart move is to say absolutely nothing and hope all the bloggers have too much other stuff to write about to notice.

Posted by: Itenius.7180

Itenius.7180

This “expansion” definitely feels expensive, unless it is of the same scope & breadth of the original game. However, what if existing GW2 players simply get a “gift” version of GW2 when purchasing the expansion (which apparently includes the original) that can be given away to a friend? It seems to be a great way for us to get even more people into the game.

Blackworm.2167

But unfortunately for you, you don’t get to silence and censor peoples’ opinions, no matter how much you dislike them. The people complaining have valid points, and just because you can’t understand / don’t like them, does not make them any less valid.

“It’s people like you responsible for the rapidly dropping standards of the gaming industry. You brown-nosers would eat feces if they were spoon-fed by Anet. "

“You sound like the kind of person who would pay as much money as possible for as little content as possible, whatever it is, without using logic first.
Brown-nosing isn’t exactly an effective defense strategy. "

• An ad hominem (Latin for “to the man” or “to the person”1), short for argumentum ad hominem, means responding to arguments by attacking a person’s character, rather than to the content of their arguments. *

Just as you have the ability to stomp your feet and pitch a little fit, I have the ability to slap your cheek and tell you to stop being a petulant child. * You * being generally anyone pitching a tantrum right now and not asking the only question that should be asked. Remember Champ, you attacked me to begin with … so you either had your feathers ruffled at what I wrote because it implicated you or you’re just the nicest gosh darn person on these forums, looking out for the mad people et al.

So I can’t call you out on what you make yourself out to be, but you can? Nice double standard.
I’ll take any insults you have to throw at me. I’m used to much worse, honestly.
It has to do with the people I deal with on a daily basis. I just don’t whine about it like you. I tell people what they don’t want to hear, but at least I’m honest. Maybe too honest. Better than being a liar.

“Remember Champ, you attacked me to begin with … "
Nice passive aggression. I attacked your ‘argument’, not you. But what kind of people make these arguments? The ones I described. I see them everywhere, and they hate people attacking their precious companies.
Don’t forget: you look as bad to me as I do to you.

If you have a further problem with me, take it to PMs.

Steam Profile

Bellizare.5816

poor move on Arena net

It is not optimism, its realism.

you are telling me that a few potential balancing issues is going to rip up the community more then the company lying to its consumers and then trying to cover it up by changing information.

you are the optimist for thinking something so trivial would distract from a major breach of trust.

Well, no.

The patch will be an immediate issue.

In the long run you are correct. The major breach of trust will begin when people log in on 6-23. Why do you think they are pushing pre-purchase atm?

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Arena Net need to their act together, this marketing disaster is not going to cure itself.

It is not like this is hard to solve.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Terran.6078

Terran.6078

why ppl pretend it’s kitten xpac and free game?

you need the game to play the expansion so really it’s $50 for game+free xpac. for the guys who own the game already tho it’s $50 for the xpac and lol slap in the face

not cool

(edited by Terran.6078)

Posted by: AlexanderFalkor.4765

AlexanderFalkor.4765

they have told us its for new players many times now but were too much in a rage to care they need to get money somehow obviously you don’t know how much a video game costs to make and the matter of transparency hah you don’t know business then they don’t have to tell us anything they could say oh yes this will happen and not give jack crap about what we say the fact Anet does care is that they are the rare exception to big business

(edited by AlexanderFalkor.4765)

Posted by: Alexxander.8306

Alexxander.8306

Anet just spat in my face, showed me a revenanat (I was in beta), I foolishly gave them the benefit of the doubt I would get to use it upon purchasing their GAME PRICE expansion, but no I must delete a toon in order to use the primary content of the expansion (the new class).

I guess I’ll have to get into Black Desert Online, at least they won’t pull greasy stunts like this. Its not entitlement to expect a character slot at the $50 price point, when again the class of the expansion is the most interesting part for so many. Its literally an ultimatum to upsell to a character slot upgrade or delete a toon. Ive never seen something of this low character before, not even from EA. Ive never seen a map pack for example where you’d have to delete access to another map from a prior game. You have to pay extra to not lose content you paid $40 for already. Gross.

EDIT: I wanted to add, since users who are new get 5 slots while existing owners who paid the same price 2 times LOSE content or pony up an extra twenty.

Its added salt to the wound. Anet makes me sick.

(edited by Alexxander.8306)

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

As a company they have a responsibility to be honest and upfront about their products, running a company isn’t high school. There are rules and laws they must follow, just like any other business. If they are actually trying to cover up aspects of this, it makes their word or business practice questionable. If it turns out to be illegal they could have opened up a can of worms that, intentional or not, they really don’t want to go down that road.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

we’ll get the character slot….its reasonable.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: AAeriaM.7045

AAeriaM.7045

they have told us its for new players many times now but were too much in a rage to care they need to get money somehow obviously you don’t know how much a video game costs to make and the matter of transparency hah you don’t know business then they don’t have to tell us anything they could say oh yes this will happen and not give jack crap about what we say the fact Anet does care is that they are the rare exception to big business

The rare exception huh? I didn’t think the “rare exception” would stoop to cash grabs. Putting the game on sale multiple times, telling players they need the core to play the expansion, and then revealing only after they start the pre purchase that the base game is forcibly included with the expansion.

I didn’t think the “rare exception” would then try to HIDE their cash grab by editing the FAQs and cover it all up.

Poor show, ANet. Poor show.