Xbox Controller?

Xbox Controller?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Almozayaf.3048

Almozayaf.3048

I’m not that much of a keyboard player, but i was thinking if i can play these game with Controller, did any one try it?

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I think its kinda difficult to keybind more then 60 skills on a joy pad.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Even if it worked, playing without a mouse would horribly kitten you. Not sure how MMO keybinds work nowadays with controllers so dunno how you’d hotkey everything~ still you need dat mouse for movement, especually for pvp~ otherwise Thief forums get more uncalled for QQing cuz people have a bad setup for controls… ;s

Edit: wow I can’t believe that… G word that rhymes with Pimp is censored naow…

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: IEximius.9204

IEximius.9204

SORRY CONSOLEBOY NO PLACE 4 U HERE HUEHUEHUE

why would you want to use a controller anyways? do you realize how much quicker and precise a mouse is? oh and idk if you noticed, but im pretty sure a keyboard has a million more buttons than a controller does….

smh i will never understand.

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

you will probably not be the best at this game if you try to play it on controller
(you wont be able to compete at PvP at least and its not optimal for PvE either…)

if you just play casually and dont feel the need to be perfect you can try ofc i guess
but i wouldnt recommend using a controller for this game

It also depends what class you use ofc ^^
teleports are probably impossible to aim properly with controller for example and in general placing AoE skills will be harder

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Xbox-360-controller-and-Guild-Wars-2-merged/first

check out this topic
there are quite a few links inside it concerning (xbox-) controller support

also this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN3z5LUfwf4

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

People are going to say that they use a controller and it’s fine, but it’s a huge disadvantage for anything outside of open world PvE (where it’s still not as good but it just doesn’t matter). Just learn to use KB+M, it’s much, much better and easy to use.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

…i use controller and i kick kitten in spvp, [xpadder] ftw. if you are worried bout running out of keys to keybind, you can try key combos or go to advance settings and switch back and forth between different controller setups. hope this helps

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Even if it worked, playing without a mouse would horribly kitten you. Not sure how MMO keybinds work nowadays with controllers so dunno how you’d hotkey everything~ still you need dat mouse for movement, especually for pvp~ otherwise Thief forums get more uncalled for QQing cuz people have a bad setup for controls… ;s

Edit: wow I can’t believe that… G word that rhymes with Pimp is censored naow…

You don’t need the mouse for movement. You can easily map mouse movement + click to a joystick with xpadder, you can even adjust the sensibility and speed. For skills and utilities and everything that you need you can use combination of buttons in the gamepad you have more than enough for this game.

This game is easy to play and map with a gamepad as long as you do a good and comfortable mapping.

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: aceboogie.4031

aceboogie.4031

I think its kinda difficult to keybind more then 60 skills on a joy pad.

60 SKILLS?? i have 10 plus dodge, jump, stow/draw weapon and maybe a couple here and there. Did you mean every single keybind in the options 76?

To play 99% of the game you can use a controller, to craft and open up certain ui’s might want to use a keyboard.

Xbox Controller?

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I would like help to learn how to set up and use Anti Mirco with GW2 to set up an X-Box 360 controller and use a suggested set up for myself I devised on the older thread posted in here.

Old thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Xbox-360-controller-and-Guild-Wars-2-merged/first

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.