Yes I'm sure

Yes I'm sure

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Blimey how many rares are you all salvaging for that to be a problem?? One of you please tell the Loot Fairy I want to be her BFF too lol

I was thinking the same thing.

As I recall, the warning was implemented at player request. Players were accidentally salvaging items that they did not intend to salvage, just as back in the day (GW) you could sell valuable items with a single click. So the devs added a confirmation process to ensure that you do exactly what you intend to do.

I don’t recall seeing a warning for green items, but I don’t mind a bit getting the message in relation to golds. But then, I’m not massively wealthy, either.

There use to be a warning message with respect to Greens but it was removed umpteen patches ago.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Use the search filter, resize and reposition the inventory window, and you can salvage a full inventory of rares in no time.

Zelendel

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: shimmershine.3156

shimmershine.3156

I get a lot of rares at times as well when i do world bosses or Silverwastes, and i usually dont have too much time in between to tend to inventory. having the rarity outline on for my inventory works for a quick use of my copper fed salvage kit in order to get my through the round. it would be nice to have a toggle off/on button tho for warnings with rares at least. if not that, at least not having to reclick the salvage kit would be nice.
though could we maybe get a salvage all option for maybe even just greens and blues (other than stuff in invisible bags) that maybe u right click the salvage kit for. i think someone mentioned this in another post/thread. that would be awesome.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I’d be fine if they just adjusted it so that clicking yes/no didn’t make me need to reactivate my salvage kit to resume salvaging.

Yes, yes. This please.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

I’d be fine if they just adjusted it so that clicking yes/no didn’t make me need to reactivate my salvage kit to resume salvaging.

Yes that would be nice, as thats the main problem I think as you have to get to your salvage kit again. I think they should keep the YES/NO option though.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Oh god, this! That is the WORST thing about salvaging rares/exotics. Having to scroll ALL the way back up to where I keep my salvage kit, scroll back down to there rares/exotics, salvaging, confirming said salvage and then repeating the process over and over and over. It gets ridiculous if you spend an extended amount of time farming SW and thus get tons of rares from event rewards/champ bags.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Blimey how many rares are you all salvaging for that to be a problem?? One of you please tell the Loot Fairy I want to be her BFF too lol

As I recall, the warning was implemented at player request

If you are salvaging all of your drops after a dungeon run (full bags) every single time you hit a rare…. you must scroll back up to the top of your inventory and double click on your salvage kit again then scroll all the way back down to continue salvaging everything.

It is extremely annoying, and I’m surprised an anet staff member would question the motive behind numerous players asking for a (removal of) feature.

Also… why on earth would a player request that a rare (yellow) item have a warning? The developers DON’T really listen to us unless we get the putchforks…. so why would they implement a feature because someone salvaged a yellow item.

Answer: They didn’t. They added a warning for all tiers rare and above…. which would be a great feature if it was instead exotics and above.

I don’t recall seeing a warning for green items, but I don’t mind a bit getting the message in relation to golds.

Imagine you DID get the message for trying to salvage green items.
You don’t use them because they are trash loot…. rares are also trash-tier loot that have a chance of dropping ectoplasm when salvaged.

The warning message itself is a good idea…. for exotic or better gear.
…and I wouldn’t even mind the message on rares…
…if I didn’t have to go and find my salvage kit again to continue salvaging

Nobody asked for the message on rares. You should be intentionally salvaging all of your rares, imo. It has always been annoying…. and it really makes me wonder if the developers actually play their own game.

For rares it is a nuisance… (still okay for exotic or better) and if you layed the game on a regular basis you would not have to question it.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I don’t recall seeing a warning for green items, but I don’t mind a bit getting the message in relation to golds. But then, I’m not massively wealthy, either.

You get the warning when trying to salvage anything that is rare or higher rarity as well as items that are soulbound.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Why does everyone feel the need to confirm to Gaile the warning used to be there on greens? Once is surely enough (and yes, I will call you Shirley). The change was so long ago I’d forgotten as well.

And I’m all for some sort option to not have the confirm box come up if I don’t feel the need to have my hand held. Just to stay on topic.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

I get 4 or 5 rares every time I do a world boss. There should be an option to set the level of what we want a confirmation. I’d keep it for exotic but rares are rarely worth selling over salvaging

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Tevatron.8217

Tevatron.8217

I have the same problem. It is a very tedious process to click over and over again to salvage the rares. A good solution would be an option in game menu to select wich item rarity should pop the warning and wich one should not pop it. If it can be implemented that would be great!

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Yes pls. I don’t know that I would want to permanently stop the warnings, but something would be nice. Does alt+click do anything on salvage kits? It would be nice if you could maybe alt+click a kit to suppress warning dialogs until you stop salvaging.

I like the idea of using command keys like this. Yes please.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Not sure if already mentioned, but why not just have a tick-box in settings, to disable the notification/warning box?

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Are you kidding? With Silverwastes you have to ask how we have so many rares to salvage? I made like 2 stacks of Ectoplasms trying to get my portal stone. Turning that button off for rares at least would be AMAZING! X_X

“The hype is real.”

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Are you kidding? With Silverwastes you have to ask how we have so many rares to salvage? I made like 2 stacks of Ectoplasms trying to get my portal stone. Turning that button off for rares at least would be AMAZING! X_X

The glut of rares coming from this has savaged the prices of rare upgrades, ectos and the few T5+T6 salvage that still had value. Silk Scraps are up some 50% in terms of supply with prices around 2s each.

Looking at the price on GW2TP graph there is an interesting cycle during the day in NA with prices depressed at night and rise during the day.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

I made over 500g in Silverwastes making Orichalcum insignias for 7g a pop alone.

…..but then I spent it all on skins. I…I think I have problems. D;

“The hype is real.”

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Ok, so to sum up the thread.
Some people don’t like it.
Some people like it.
Some people are indifferent.

So…why not add a tick box in the options to disable?
everybody wins \(^.^)/

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Maybe this would be too hard to implement But…
It would be nice if you only got this prompt when salvaging a rare or exotic while using a kit that is below yellow (rare) or gold (exotic) the items rarity rating.

So if you are clicking through fast with basic kits and accidentally click a yellow it will give you that prompt. But then once you salvage all your blue/greens you can move onto your rares with your mystic kit or rare kit. Salvaging them with that kit would result in no prompt.

I could be wrong but I think that is how it worked in the past with greens? You could avoid the prompt by using higher tier kits back when greens had the prompt thing? I can’t remember exactly so j could be wrong but yeah just my thoughts.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I do not think the Confirmation box itself is the problem.

I find unequippping the salvage kit automatically after every confirmation a lot more annoying.

Press Mystic Salavage Kit -> Click -> Scroll down to rares -> Click -> “Are you sure?” -> Scroll up to Mystic Salavage Kit -> Click -> Scroll down to rares… and so on.

And no, I am not rolling around in rares. I just cba to salvage them, so they rack up after a while.

Same reason why I have 1000+ scrolls of knowledge, who knows how many luck, and 2.5+ mil karma lying around. QoL update please?

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

But then, I’m not massively wealthy, either.

You need to grind more… hihihi

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Shoockwave.3950

Shoockwave.3950

I would take right back to “Rox’s Quiver Backpack Cover” Please ArenaNet place this item again !!!!

| Yak’s Bend: Norn Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Guild: Ultimate Legion [UL] – Hardcore PvP PvE WvW.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Snuggles.9875

Snuggles.9875

This drives me nuts as well….
At least I don’t care about golds, after some farming (especially SW) you may end up with a lot of bags of rare loot. Then it’s a click fest with the pop-up.
I just want them globs!

Maybe at least something in the options like a checkbox/dropdown in rarity for the notifier? (default set to rare) but you can set it to exotic.. thus salvaging rare will not bring up the pop-up anymore? I think that would please everyone, could even set it to greens as well shrug.

(edited by Snuggles.9875)

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

As I recall, the warning was implemented at player request

If you are salvaging all of your drops after a dungeon run (full bags) every single time you hit a rare…. you must scroll back up to the top of your inventory and double click on your salvage kit again then scroll all the way back down to continue salvaging everything.

It is extremely annoying, and I’m surprised an anet staff member would question the motive behind numerous players asking for a (removal of) feature.

Also… why on earth would a player request that a rare (yellow) item have a warning? The developers DON’T really listen to us unless we get the putchforks…. so why would they implement a feature because someone salvaged a yellow item.

Answer: They didn’t. They added a warning for all tiers rare and above…. which would be a great feature if it was instead exotics and above.

I don’t recall seeing a warning for green items, but I don’t mind a bit getting the message in relation to golds.

Imagine you DID get the message for trying to salvage green items.
You don’t use them because they are trash loot…. rares are also trash-tier loot that have a chance of dropping ectoplasm when salvaged.

The warning message itself is a good idea…. for exotic or better gear.
…and I wouldn’t even mind the message on rares…
…if I didn’t have to go and find my salvage kit again to continue salvaging

Nobody asked for the message on rares. You should be intentionally salvaging all of your rares, imo. It has always been annoying…. and it really makes me wonder if the developers actually play their own game.

For rares it is a nuisance… (still okay for exotic or better) and if you played the game on a regular basis you would not have to question it.

First off, don’t be so quick to assume they didn’t listen to players. I remember the thread on the forums that lead to the check box for salvaging rares, it was put in the game specifically at player request.

Second, I don’t know why it is that most of you have to scroll up to find your salvage kit again and then scroll back down to salvage. You do know the inventory window is adjustable, so to solve this problem, increase the size of the inventory window so you don’t have to scroll up and down, unless of course you have the max number of 20 slot bags on your character, in which case, you’d probably need a 27" monitor to view the entire inventory window. I personally have 23" monitor and I sized my inventory window to fill up the left side of the screen(not max number of bag slots, but all bags are 20 slot), not even covering chat, and I never have to scroll up and down to get my salvage kit. Admit it, you people are lazy and don’t like doing a little bit of work, even if it is a game.

Yes, rares have a chance of dropping Ecto, but I can guarantee you I get Ecto’s from 90% of the rares I salvage. I’d call that better than having a chance, that’s a 90% rate, and I can choose to either sell them on the TP, or I can even salvage the Ecto’s for Dust and Luck(I’m only at 180%), which, depending on the number of Dusts I get works out to be more lucrative or the same amount of gold as selling the Globs themselves, when I sell the Dust on the TP(I don’t need more in material storage, I have increased my material storage to 1000 items, all T5 mats are maxed, as are T6 Dust, Ecto’s, Obsidian, and the 3 Ascended base components).

(edited by Zaklex.6308)

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

…unless of course you have the max number of 20 slot bags on your character…

I do. Actually I do on 5 out of 6 (5 and a half actually) characters that I have.

They all use spcific fractal bags so I know where I have to look for things (crap on top, rare on bottom). Why rare on bottom? Cause white/gray/event items/etc. will cramp the top of your inventory regardless of bag, so it is easiest to gather the “good” stuff on the bottom.

Also, resizing the window every time I want to play inventory manager is just as annoying.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yes, please let us turn that warning off, not for exotics but for rares. In the early days rares were a bit more worth, now I usually get 10-20 rares every day by doing Silverwastes or world bosses and I only sell the ones that are more worth than one ecto (after fee deductions). So, every time I salvage a rare I have to confirm, doubleclick my Mystic Salvage Kit again and redo the process. It’s not THAT horrible, but would make it easier. Just let us choose: make a checkmark if we want that or not. And yes: just let us not again doubleclick the kit to salvage another rare.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Yes I'm sure

Snuggles.9875

This was after my weekend binge portal farm :S. Reason I let it stack is because it does take forever to open everything as it is. (took me 4 hours in this case) and a good reason to let these items stack is ‘because’ they stack you can continue to farm without having to reorganize your inventory over and over and when you get to a main city that’s when you do the other half of the game PvI (Player vs. Inventory).

As you can see it’s not hard to accumulate rare bags of loot, successful breach vs unsuccessful breach rare bags do not stack for some reason :S.

Then you get to opening up all the equipment bags and seed pouches which will randomly give you a rare as well. It’s enough to spam click salvage everything as it is, but then boom you hit a rare and notification comes up, you click yes, but then you have to click on the salvage kit again.

It can be tiresome :S
SW is my favourite map, I farm it regardless of the portal event.

Attachments:

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

As I recall, the warning was implemented at player request. Players were accidentally salvaging items that they did not intend to salvage, just as back in the day (GW) you could sell valuable items with a single click. So the devs added a confirmation process to ensure that you do exactly what you intend to do.

During good weeks, i salvage more than 1000 rares, which i buy on the tp.
The message and kit reset after every salvage are a mayor inconvenience for me.
But I think the status quo is preferred from most players, an option would be nice though.

The message isn’t really an issue it’s mostly the reset. That was the same issue for masterwork items too.

Every time I do Silverwastes I wished there was something like the autodismantler in Hellgate. With that you could set it to autosalvage anything you pick up below a certain rarity.

Yes I'm sure

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

First off, don’t be so quick to assume they didn’t listen to players. I remember the thread on the forums that lead to the check box for salvaging rares, it was put in the game specifically at player request.

Yes…. A request was made to prevent players from accidentally salvaging gear they wanted to keep.
(ie: exotic or better) Not annoy players who are intentionally salvaging rares.

When the changes were implemented, Anet interpreted that as “lets put a confirmation message on rares and higher rarity”
…when they should have interpreted it as “lets put a confirmation message on exotic items and higher rarity”

Second, I don’t know why it is that most of you have to scroll up to find your salvage kit again and then scroll back down to salvage. You do know the inventory window is adjustable, so to solve this problem, increase the size of the inventory window so you don’t have to scroll up and down, unless of course you have the max number of 20 slot bags on your character, in which case, you’d probably need a 27" monitor to view the entire inventory window. I personally have 23" monitor and I sized my inventory window to fill up the left side of the screen(not max number of bag slots, but all bags are 20 slot), not even covering chat, and I never have to scroll up and down to get my salvage kit. Admit it, you people are lazy and don’t like doing a little bit of work, even if it is a game.

I’ve already broken one mouse’s left-click button playing Double Click Wars 2…. and I’m certain that any suggestion that involves lowering the amount of clicking/double clicking has my positive vote. Also, this “work” is unnecessary, and has absolutely no purpose…. so why does it exist in the game?

Yes, rares have a chance of dropping Ecto, but I can guarantee you I get Ecto’s from 90% of the rares I salvage. I’d call that better than having a chance, that’s a 90% rate, and I can choose to either sell them on the TP, or I can even salvage the Ecto’s for Dust and Luck(I’m only at 180%), which, depending on the number of Dusts I get works out to be more lucrative or the same amount of gold as selling the Globs themselves, when I sell the Dust on the TP(I don’t need more in material storage, I have increased my material storage to 1000 items, all T5 mats are maxed, as are T6 Dust, Ecto’s, Obsidian, and the 3 Ascended base components).

cool story, bro.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Yes I'm sure

Snuggles.9875

lol yeah anything to prevent wearing down my mouse would be nice. As for anyone who has broken their mouse due to well ‘overuse of clicking’.

This works for most logitech mouses. http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-mouse-with-double-click-problem/

I’ve brought my mouses back from the dead a few times. I’ve even had to do a repair once within the last 4 months playing gw2.

If not for me. Think of my mouse….. :P
-Cheers.