You must rep 100%

You must rep 100%

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

And in three words, one number, and a funny looking sign I have shown why multiple guilds and the new guild missions are an issue. Initially I blamed the developers for the high cost to even participate. And to an extent it is there fault. Bad Anet you tricked me again. Still they did add this multiple guild system we all said was pointless…Well now it would have a point if the playerbase would allow. Which we won’t because as mmo players we tend to be rather elitist about such matters. But then again can you blame guilds for not wanting folks who only want to rep when it’s time to collect there loot? At this point the whole thing seems so broken and there’s enough blame for us all in this matter. I’m sure somehow it can be fixed but how I can only speculate.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Gestankfaust.4216

Gestankfaust.4216

Yet you still HAD to make a new thread about it

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

You also make an assumption that all big guilds are like that.

They’re not. I recently joined a big guild in CD, who does not require 100% rep. They are researching the Missions right now, and are prefectly fine with us helping them, even if we’re not 100% repping.

Those guilds do exist. Try to look for one in your server.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Simple solution. All guilds that you are a member of get 50% of the Influence you earn at all times. The one that you are currently representing gets 100%.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

You must rep 100%

kailin.4905

Uh huh. It was that or throw it into the other 37 pages that nobody is going to read all of.

You must rep 100%

Gestankfaust.4216

Uh huh. It was that or throw it into the other 37 pages.

Should have just watch South Park. Got more accomplished

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Probably a good move, there are tons of infractions on the 37 page post that haven’t been picked up so I doubt it’s even being read.

You must rep 100%

kailin.4905

Well that thing has just turned into a wall of rant and insults really. And while I’m certainly not on here to be the defender of anet I can see how they thought this could work if we let it. I am also not trying to say that all big guilds are like this although I have seen it (the 100% rep thing) in map chat more in the last few days than since the game was released. kudos to sokar on offering a compromise of sorts that would benefit both sides.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

My guild has done this since release. WE didn’t for the first few months and we decided too after players weren’t doing much. Here are half of the responses basically, "I didn’t even realize I was in your guild, sorry. ".

You must rep 100%

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

You just met bad guilds.

You must rep 100%

Gestankfaust.4216

You just met bad guilds.

All kidding aside…this ^

I have never…EVER…joined a guild where I didn’t know the people. I’d rather solo

You must rep 100%

kailin.4905

You just met bad guilds.

Eh I don’t think it makes them “bad”. Why should they do so much for people not fully contributing to reap the benefits. That kinda where the whole system is a bit counter intuitive. Both side are right and wrong really.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Please explain what’s wrong with representing the guild you’re in? Either you’re a member or you’re not. If you don’t want to represent a guild, you’re motives are questionable and a kick is warranted under certain circumstances. A guild wants to achieve it’s goals. In many cases that means people either co-operate or get out.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Please explain what’s wrong with representing the guild you’re in? Either you’re a member or you’re not. If you don’t want to represent a guild, you’re motives are questionable and a kick is warranted under certain circumstances. A guild wants to achieve it’s goals. In many cases that means people either co-operate or get out.

Most people will probably disagree with you, but I’m with you completely.

I’m in one guild.. one guild only. When I joined my current guild, I left my old guild and I rep on all my characters 100% of the time. Why? Because I like my guild, I want to help them out and represent my group. If I didn’t then it would be pointless to be in the guild to begin with.

Aside from clicking ‘Represent’ in the Guild Panel, my Guild asks absolutely nothing else from me. I do events with them when I feel like it and other times I filter out Guild Chat and do my own thing. I don’t get why anyone would have an issue with Representing their guild.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

You just met bad guilds.

Eh I don’t think it makes them “bad”. Why should they do so much for people not fully contributing to reap the benefits. That kinda where the whole system is a bit counter intuitive. Both side are right and wrong really.

This is the fact. Guilds that haven’t or aren’t able to do the events are forced to ask recruits or existing members to rep 100%.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Swagart.6315

Swagart.6315

I don’t think not representing a guild makes one’s motives questionable. I think it’s unreasonable to ask someone to represent a guild 100% if that guild does not focus on certain aspects of the game. I think someone can pull his weight without representing all the time.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I agree with this opinion. A guild is a community of players who explicitly wanted to play together, otherwise they wouldn’t join. So if you join, represent that guild. There’s no use to being in a community when you aren’t an active member of it…

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Silver Halliwell.4735

Silver Halliwell.4735

I agree with this opinion. A guild is a community of players who explicitly wanted to play together, otherwise they wouldn’t join. So if you join, represent that guild. There’s no use to being in a community when you aren’t an active member of it…

So what you are saying is that if you are in a guild that does nothing but PvE and you have a desire to PvP, you are wrong in seeking out a guild that wants to PvP? The elitist mentality of gaming anymore makes me want to puke. I agree if you have a person that ONLY shows up when the guild missions are going on and could give a care less any other time, perhaps they should no longer be in the guild, but a person that is on say 20 hours a week and spends 10 of it with you and 10 of it doing what he wants then he is contributing to the guild.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I’m a RPer, with alts, so I multi-guild. That doesn’t mean I’m not contributing, that I don’t support my guilds or the players within each of them. It’s pretty insulting that people would suggest that.

Besides, what’s the point in representing a pure PvE guild if what I’m doing is sitting in a tavern in DR?

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Are you unloyal, do hate being social and making friends, does commitment send shivers up your spine? are you looking for anonymity, sick of wasting time with losers on voice servers? think community and bonding is for hippies? want to join a guild a you never ever need to rep?

Yeah we are not looking for people like you

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’m in a 100% rep guild and I have no issues with it. If the guild is good enough, I don’t think anybody should have an issue with repping the guild all the time. If it’s active, the people are response, and they are interested in the same thing you are, you should rep 100%.

With that being said, I think guilds should have a time frame or trial period if they are unsure.

RIP in peace Robert

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Guild morals dont have a place in GW2 anymore, like others have said, why stick to repping your own small guild if you want to be able to taste all the content in game without the desire to make the game your 2nd job just to be able to grind out the necessary influence to unlock … only to then find you might still need to spam Map chats for ages to try and find a few helpful puggers. Many will/are just joining other guilds and rep where they want just to run the content or unlock it quicker and then play it out….. meeeh, no thanks I’d rather give it a wide bearth and go find something esle with my trusted, loyal guildies who share the same opinions and golas but who might lack the endless hours of their RL each day to try and get anywhere close to AoW 5+ mission unlocks therafter.
Faceless 500 guilds realistically only spam the chat channels to ensure they keep plugging the influence gaps left by others that dont have the time or motivation to keep loggin in every minute of everyda, you get your number to stick on ya back and off ya go….. its a numbers game that ANET have foolishly introduced as a side effect of poor thought process back at base, in the hope players will purchase gems to exchange for gold to then use on influence items and unlocks.
Reality of it is as small/medium guilds who play more casually will begin to disband to join larger guilds, or worse the players dissappear entirely from the game, so actually their hap hazard content gating will now turn into a herding farce, which will actually only serve to take away gem purchase temptation… if they had only thought it through properly instead of bowing to player pressures on here about wanting more guild content NOW! ….this is not the way to do it imo.
May as well do away with guild creation and instead offer a set choice at start up, then there is no argument around 100% repping.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I’m only in 1 guild so obviously represent 100% of the time.

I don’t even understand the point of getting to be in different guilds. You either like the guild your in and help the guild and guildmates or your don’t, go find another guild.

I just don’t see the point.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I’m only in 1 guild so obviously represent 100% of the time.

I don’t even understand the point of getting to be in different guilds. You either like the guild your in and help the guild and guildmates or your don’t, go find another guild.

I just don’t see the point.

I agree with you, there was no real point. But now many of those genuine well intentioned reasons for joining a guild, be it shared interests, playstyles, goals in game or because of in game releationships or family etc in the guild, are in danger of being pushed aside in favor of the quick and easy solution of guild switching in order to gain entry to this new gated content that ANET has introduced, because unless your willing to make GW2 your second job in a small guild, seeing any of that new content is going to take an awful long time. So players are jumping ship to rep with larger guilds to get into it… its a poorly thought out implementation imo.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I am in 2 guilds. (Technically 3 if you count the one I started) I started a guild at the beginning of the game got up to about 15 players and then it slowly died. I kept the guild since I had put my time in getting some of the upgrades and everything. I then joined a larger guild which I represent 90% of the time. They are always doing things and I have a lot of fun, but they don’t require representing 100%. Now I have joined another. I found my GW1 guild and all the people I used to play with. They also don’t require 100% representation so it is nice to be able to play with my new friends and my old friends.

I can see some guilds that require 100% representation. I can see this for the wvw guilds and even some that do the orr stuff so they can get everybody together to accomplish this. It is anyones choice on which guild they play. If you are in a guild that requires 100%, and you don’t like it find another guild. If you want to be with those players then accept the rules of that guild and enjoy yourself there. The choices are so easy.

Now for the small guilds. I know it takes longer to get upgrades, (I learned that when I was running a small guild) but if you really want them, you can ask the players to donate some coin and buy the influence to build the upgrades. I think this is one reason guilds have the option of buying influence is to help the smaller guilds kinda keep up with the larger ones. I have used this on my 2 person guild just to be able to keep the upgrades going to it is maxed out (just in case i decide to recruit and play there again in the future)

Hjorje

You must rep 100%

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

Most guilds that require 100% rep are explicit about their requirements when you sign up. I have to agree, if you don’t like it, don’t join. Simple as that.

I am in a small guild myself (avg 10 people on a night), and I have to agree that the gated content sucks. But, I’ve decided that the friendships I’ve made are more important than guild hopping and the small bit of content I can’t do (which seems to often be bugged and cause animosity among guilds anyhow).

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I am just curious why people stay with a guild if they do not represent…ever. Or if they do, its like once every week or few weeks. So minimal that you provide no benefit to the guild and the guild doesnt provide you benefit.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

You must rep 100%

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

If you like to do different things this is an issue. If a guild tells you you can’t rep your sPvP guild but they don’t sPvP, then should you even consider a 100% guild? I say no.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall