You have been playing for one hour...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

Please take a break!
I kind of miss this from GW1, can you still get it in GW2 or was it a feature that was axed?
Even if it’s not telling me to take a break, is there any way to time the current session in game? Did anyone else like it?

I know it featured on many games released in the same time-frame as GW1, has the industry as a whole stopped trying to tell people to take breaks?

Posted by: luckyguse.2674

luckyguse.2674

You you can!

—you have been playing for 1 hour; diminishing returns have kicked in. Please take a break.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I hated this in gw1.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

Breaks? Aint nobody got time fo that!

Posted by: Battlewrench.9518

Battlewrench.9518

Can’t stand the feature, there is an in game clock and people should be able to decide for themselves what is too long or not. If someone needs a reminder that they are playing too long than look at the clock, spare me the stupid pop up.

Although if people really want this for w/e reason I’m not against having an option to toggle it in the options menu. It’s just annoying to me.

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

You you can!

—you have been playing for 1 hour; diminishing returns have kicked in. Please take a break.

Except that diminishing returns kick in after 15 minutes now

Or five minutes if you have the unmitigated gall to try using magic find gear

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Doh… Luckyguse beat me to it.
DR does hit some pretty hard at the 1hour mark. Me me me! Always always always….
I’m still playing though Fatfox because I have hope it will get fixed. You may never have the issue so play your way and enjoy.
The only feature I know of that lets you see how long you’ve played is typing in /age in the chat window.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

You you can!

or

you have been playing for 1 hour and diminishing returns has kicked in. please visit the bltc and purchase your 30 minute diminishing returns timer booster for 1000 gems or get a 3 pack on sale for only 2750 gems!

:)

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

DR is like your artifical computer mom – get of the computer and do your homework!

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

For some reason I have this thought that this feature was in one of the early BWE’s…. but I’m not sure. I think I remember seeing the message, but maybe it was from playing GW1 some around that time.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

lol

I, actually, expected a meme picture along with that line.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

^^ me to though I can see the image so clearly in my head and the tune.
Going to be honest and say I never noticed the DR when I played for longer, but thinking about it, I always seem to get something good in the first couple of kills , to try and lure me in to playing and buying magic gems more. Then come the broadswords which sell for nothing, and the endless amounts of rubbish light armour playing as my engi… suspicious eyes

It always made me feel slightly guilty. Just 5 more minutes getting to this new area…next thing I know…You have been playing for 2 hours please take a break…Maybe the games right this time, I never made it to three hours, I got guilt tripped by the lil’ pop up. Anyone ever got a massive number from not logging out?

Posted by: Kovac.4372

Kovac.4372

BUMP

I was just about to open a new topic titled “You’ve been playing for X hours, please take a break”.

I know there is the clock on the mini map, but I often can’t remember when I started playing and, in GW1, I was really grateful for this feature that helped me realize I should take a break.

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I’d rather have something warn me when food is running out – a nice, big, flashing WARNING – EAT SOMETHING.

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I have started to play GW1 lately and never encountered such a warning. And I played waaaay longer than one measly hour.

Posted by: Ghettoblade.7962

Ghettoblade.7962

I try to play for an hour,when a half hour hits i am bored out of my mind.The game itself is its own timer.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

You have been playing for two hours. Please take a break. *

There was not one for one hour.

Posted by: Sky.7610

Sky.7610

7month old necro op.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

HELL NO!

I do NOT want that “feature” put back in. Shhhhh leave it be, don’t “fix” what aint broken!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Attachments:

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Please take a break!
I kind of miss this from GW1, can you still get it in GW2 or was it a feature that was axed?
Even if it’s not telling me to take a break, is there any way to time the current session in game? Did anyone else like it?

I know it featured on many games released in the same time-frame as GW1, has the industry as a whole stopped trying to tell people to take breaks?

I’m glad you came about this Interesting post OP.

If I remember clearly, someone (in real life), had Sued a MMorpg comppany; I blieve it was either Gw1 or FFxi; i’m pointing at Ffxi..

continuing……..

for Anxiety, Depression etc.. so the vast majority of MMorpg companies had to set Up Dr; in case somebody sues them as well.

As a Precautionary..

I think Gw2 should follow the same approach as Gw1 did.

Seriously,

Arena net Gw2 should know better than that.

(Lust for Power; Control and Greed, should be taken very seriously)

There should be no room for Naitivety and Carelessness.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The warning is a result of releasing the game in China, since they have legal restrictions. It’ll probably come back once GW2 is released there, though they may make it special to their client this time.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I could get a lot more done in an hour in GW1 too, thanks to things like lower level cap, useful rewards from quick PvP events like Jade Quarry, and free fast travel. As long as we’re importing good ideas from it.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Holy necro.
Anyway…I don’t see why it’s Anet’s job to babysit anyone as to when to take a break. Are the people who play videogames so dependent on others that they need a reminder and be told by some authority to stop when its time to look away from the monitor?
Apparently it’s too much effort to glance slightly down and to the right to either in game clock or your PC clock?

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

actually it would be nice to have some kind of alert for when DR hits.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I own a clock, not to mention time is displayed in game, and I am an adult. No, I do not need a game taking care of my daily schedule, quite capable of those decisions myself :P

Posted by: Allelya.6830

Allelya.6830

Call me a noob, but, is this diminishing returns things legit? Only time I’ve ever heard that used is something to do with damage in combat. Is this diminishing returns on loot or something? If so, why would you punish players for wanting to play more than an hour? Seriously? Maybe I’m seeing trolling here, idk. But if I paid for the game, I surely will play it as long as I want to and shouldn’t receive any kind of ‘punishment’ for doing so.

Delvien – d/d Elementalist – Gates of Madness

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

The only people that find it annoying are the ones that play for far too long xD

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Call me a noob, but, is this diminishing returns things legit? Only time I’ve ever heard that used is something to do with damage in combat. Is this diminishing returns on loot or something? If so, why would you punish players for wanting to play more than an hour? Seriously? Maybe I’m seeing trolling here, idk. But if I paid for the game, I surely will play it as long as I want to and shouldn’t receive any kind of ‘punishment’ for doing so.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Diminishing_returns