Your most-progressed deleted character?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

I’m planning on making an elementalist soon, and I thought I’d be happier with a norn elementalist, but I already have a norn engineer. I have a feeling I will like elementalist a lot, and I didn’t want my top 2 played classes to both be norn females, so I thought about rerolling my engineer to be a charr instead (medium armor looks better on charr than light). After a bit of thinking, it would just be too much wasted effort. My engineer has all crafting disciplines at 400 (2 at 500), has done the whole personal story and all of the living world, has full T3 cultural armor, and I’ve spent gems expanding her bag space as well as bought a self-style hair kit. Needless to say, the elementalist will have to be charr.

But this did make me wonder: what is the most progressed character you’ve had that you actually did delete?

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

~Level 17? Sometimes I get carried away with the Key Runners. Lol.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I deleted one at 72 because it was an Elementalist and… well I dont like them.

Then I deleted 6 level 80s in full exo the other week because alts are a liability in this game now, and they were all light armour, or duplicates of classes.

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Well, my past mesmer Armaeas, sylvari level 80 100% map completion, did it for server transfer before the megaserver system. No regrets.

ofLegends.9853

I hope you at least salvaged/MF the armors? :P

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

They are ascended, fortunately account bound. :>

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

21, my Asuran Engi. A friend of mine is hoping to get GW2 soon, so I thought id 86 him so we could level together.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

20 something. I deleted a Warrior mule to make a Mesmer mule as the Mesmer profession is more useful for one parked at the end of a jumping puzzle. A Mesmer can port others up there as needed.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I deleted mine 5th engi with lvl 80 and 100% map explore because I needed space for keyfarm char:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

probably my first ranger. 80, full exotics with ascended accessories, all traits unlocked.

Just got bored of ranger, so deleted him to make room for something else

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I will in the near future (collecting resources for it atm) delete and reroll 5 level 80 toons, all with 100% map completion and includes 3 500 crafts.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

ofLegends.9853

probably my first ranger. 80, full exotics with ascended accessories, all traits unlocked.

Just got bored of ranger, so deleted him to make room for something else

Ouch, probably the worst one so far.

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

I deleted my mesmer which I considered to be my vice main character at some point.

Level 80, created day 1, full set of exotics or ascended (that I kept), world map completion finished, personal level of fractal around 46 (even though it was after fractured, it shows I played her).

I was just tired of having her be a human so I created an asuran mesmer to take over her.

In the end I deleted her to make new characters to unlock every starting profession skin^^

Now the slot is waiting for new race or profession to happen, my asura mesmer is fully finished (lv80, equiped, world map completed) and I don’t play mesmer anymore x)

ofLegends.9853

I will in the near future (collecting resources for it atm) delete and reroll 5 level 80 toons, all with 100% map completion and includes 3 500 crafts.

Why are you doing that?

Posted by: Greyrebel.7492

Greyrebel.7492

remade my warrior 3 times … lvl 42 -32-11 and all those times my charecter face.skin color and everything else was same i loved it the only thing bothered me was hight :/ first time i felt huge…. next time so tiny

We are one , and one is all

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

A lvl 80 sylvari mesmer, with about 50% map comp, story line almost finished & a celestial dye on it. I still regret it (Needless to say i remade my sylvari mesmer, it’s my main now with bolt equipped.).

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I have only deleted the ‘wardrobe fillers’ characters created only to get all the starter equipment for the wardrobe.
Before the wardrobe there was one with a similar purpose. The necromancer’s mask had gotten destroyed before I knew it could not be gotten again. So, I created ‘The Masked Thing’ a generic human necro, who retrieved the wraith eyes and then expired. She was lvl 2, since she completed the first tutorial instance.

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

I deleted a level 32 necro once because I logged in one day and realized I spelled his name wrong. He had a bunch of gold on him I forgot to put back in my bank before I did that too. Oops!

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Had a sylvari mesmer somewhere in the 60s, intending to go with either D/D speed options (before I realized they didn’t stack >_<), then some other weird experiment. Finally got tired of him and off’d in in favor of an asura thief.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I’ve deleted several level 80 toons because I found I did not enjoy playing them. I’ve also deleted a couple 80s post-April patch because I could not see the advantage of spending 42g and 320 skill points on the CORE character asset: Traits.

It’s easy to level in this game. Too bad ANet ruined all enjoyment of it with the trait system.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

ofLegends.9853

I’ve deleted several level 80 toons because I found I did not enjoy playing them. I’ve also deleted a couple 80s post-April patch because I could not see the advantage of spending 42g and 320 skill points on the CORE character asset: Traits.

It’s easy to level in this game. Too bad ANet ruined all enjoyment of it with the trait system.

What was the trait system before? This one is all I’ve ever known.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

You opened traits at level 11 (1st tier) and bought 3 books. One for minor, one for major, and one for grandmaster. Total cost was about 3g. You could just use any traits in that tier. The ONLY drawback was that you had to pay 3 SILVER to change your traits.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

ofLegends.9853

You opened traits at level 11 (1st tier) and bought 3 books. One for minor, one for major, and one for grandmaster. Total cost was about 3g. You could just use any traits in that tier. The ONLY drawback was that you had to pay 3 SILVER to change your traits.

Wow, sounds WAY better than the system used now. It’s kind of like, if you play one character a lot and get most of the traits unlocked/bought, it feels like you’re gimping yourself when you switch to one with less.

Posted by: Goose.8195

Goose.8195

Wow, sounds WAY better than the system used now. It’s kind of like, if you play one character a lot and get most of the traits unlocked/bought, it feels like you’re gimping yourself when you switch to one with less.

This is exactly why the Traits thread has 3,600 posts and 170k views. It’s been a topic of discussion since its implementation.

[BBN] Big and Beautiful Norns
You dont have to be one to love one.

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Level 34 Char engineer. At the time I didn’t want a new character slot and was not having a lot of fun on him. Later on, before the trait change, I bought four character slots.
Before the trait change you could purchase a trait book with gold for each level of traits (ex. adept) . The trait book opened all the traits at that level. I forget the prices but they were coppers compared to now.

EDIT: I was too slow replying someone already answered the trait question.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’ve deleted 2, both char, 1 warrior and 1 thief. They were whatever level the achievements were, but i don’t think they were much passed 20.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I think it was a 30-ish charr necro, rerolled as a sylvari. Before that a couple of characters in the low 20s, including a norn guardian and a sylvari ranger (with 400 in jeweler).

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

I deleted a character that was around level 40. I wanted to change her hairstyle and her name, so I decided that I would remake her. This was during the first couple of months after launch, so I don’t even think the name change contract was available yet.

I also deleted/remade one of my spare alts that was also around level 40, in order to experiment with changes to traits and to see what the NPE was all about. Although, I have barely unlocked any traits on him, I still play him fairly often, and he is currently sitting around level 50 now. A little bit higher than his predecessor.

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

The only characters I created without care were the key runners and some for story specific armors, since they held no other purpose they got deleted immediately.
There is no way I could delete any of my other characters that I have been playing for 2+ years. I’d rather spend the money on another slot.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think I’ve deleted anything over level 10. I made an RP shill character that I leveled just enough to get to the RP locations for the few scenes she was needed for, deleted her, then remade her for a final scene and deleted once again.

The only alt I’ve deleted after making with the intent of leveling was a Sylvari thief. I even used a Makeover to get her a new face and hair. But by level 6 I knew I just couldn’t deal with leveling a second thief, and axed her. This was before the traits revamp; I’ve made only one alt post traits/NPE, and he’s 70 now but not terribly fun or engaging as I’ve unlocked very few traits at all, so he’s languishing.

I’d rather buy a new character slot than throw out all the time that went into making an alt. As I just have 17 or so slots available so far, there’s lots of room to add more.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Level 10 a few times, changing the race/size/class (before I got my 8th character slot). In general I don’t see much rain to denture characters and have to redo all of the work/leveling that went into them.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Guys, you must have time… and no money. Why in hell would you just delete a level 80 to make room for another one instead of just buy a character slot? I never deleted any of my 80ies. I deleted once my norn mesmer for an asura mesmer in the beginning. It was around level 20 or so. Was back in 2012.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Fermi, I think I understand your post but I’d take a long look at your autocorrect if I were you

Was it “I don’t see much reason to delete characters?”

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Level 80 Asuran Guardian about a couple months after launch.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I did some very brief key running (maybe 10 times) and that was the only character I’ve really deleted. With the low cost of a new character slot, I find it is easier to just keep the characters I don’t play much just in case I ever want to again.

Yes… I have duplicates of things.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m a piker. L73 Norn Guardian. I got tired of my options for looking like I’m not running in slow motion being staff or Retreat. As of now, the only Norn I have who runs in slo-mo is the Mesmer — and that character is my tailor, so not going anywhere.

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

I’ve almost deleted my ranger (Only to change his name without spending ridicously 800 gems) some months ago. Then I realized he was my 3rd char with full map completion, and well over 1k skill points. Well, then I changed my mind. Mapping is way too much time effort.

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

lvl 80, 100% map competition (luckily, after ascended stuff become account bound).

I also deleted several (like 9 or 10 if not more, and about to delete one more) lvl 80 leveled through crafting.
Most of them with soulbound Ascalonian Catacombs armor/weapons (over 20k tears wasted) and some with soulbound ascended trinkets and soulbound unlimited gathering tools.

And, I also deleted dozens of chars (from lvl 2 to 60-70) with abyss/celestial dyes (or other expensive dyes) prior the dye changes (over 1.3k gold wasted on dyes).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I deleted a 65 Charr warrior that was 425 Huntsman.

Why?

Because Charr look really really stupid when running unless they have permanent swiftness, and when I bought another character slot on impulse (on sale) to make an Asura warrior that wielded Belinda’s Greatsword and wore the Assassin outfit, that ended up being WAY more fun to play because the Asura animations actually look like a Ninja. Flipping when dodging, flying through the air when using flurry and 100 blades.

Now why the heck would I continue to play a Charr that has clipping issues all over the place and looks like he’s running through liquid cement unless he has a boon that he can’t keep 100% uptime on? The Asura was way more fun.

I would like to also delete my Charr Engineer or change them to an Asura, but that character is a 500 WS (if you must know yes I accidentally made the engineer a WS and the Warrior a Huntsman), and honestly I think it’d be AWFUL to grind traits on an engineer.. it was bad enough on warrior.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I deleted my 80 asura thief last week because I never played him. I find thief to be such a boring class. The initiative mechanic, no cooldowns, not something I enjoy. Took me a while to realize that. XD

No regrets.

Posted by: Sir Alric.5078

Sir Alric.5078

I deleted:

- A level 17 female Asura Engineer. Because i’m not skilled enough to play this class the right way.
- A level 23 female Norn Warrior. Because Norns always seems to run so kitten slow (i know all characters are supposed to move at the exact same basic speed, but…), and because i like mage characters more than fighter characters.

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s still cheaper to just buy a character slot — I have 11 because I refuse to delete any of them.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

ofLegends.9853

I thought there would be someone else who’d deleted one more progressed than mine, and a couple come close, but I’m glad I didn’t reroll it now. I would’ve really felt like an idiot.

I don’t think I’d ever delete an 80, even if I disliked it. That way, if I left for a while and came back, I might have changed my mind by then and suddenly liked the class I hated before.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Only toons I deleted were the ones I created when wardrobe came out to unlock all starting helmets/shoulders.
Currently have 13 actual toons, haven’t deleted one yet. Though third guard (lvl40ish) will be the one deleted though. Made to do key farming, got first key then NPE hit, and tried the leveling (during Halloween).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

You guys are playing a totally different game than I am. I bought a character slot to make room while I still have 2-3 unnecessary low level characters on my account on top of my 8 80s.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: choon.6308

choon.6308

Didn’t delete but I sold every single weapon and gear of my 4 lvl 80’s to get money. My other 2 80’s are war and thief and I realized I don’t like other classes at all. I use my naked lvl 80 alts for storage and pvp dailies now.

Also if you are gonna delete a fully geared character, sell your gear first. I’ve got 60 gold per character Used them to buy gems.

Astral Projections.7320

I would rather buy a new character slot than delete a level 80. Your old character can be parked at a jumping puzzle for a daily chest and be used as for extra storage of items you don’t want to delete and don’t want cluttering up your bank. When you need to take it to a bank, you can go to WvW or PvP then return you the spot you were.

When I got a new necro, that’s what I did and my old necro is still useful. One mule with 80 slots is the same price as a 30 slot bank tab.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

ofLegends.9853

I would rather buy a new character slot than delete a level 80. Your old character can be parked at a jumping puzzle for a daily chest and be used as for extra storage of items you don’t want to delete and don’t want cluttering up your bank. When you need to take it to a bank, you can go to WvW or PvP then return you the spot you were.

When I got a new necro, that’s what I did and my old necro is still useful. One mule with 80 slots is the same price as a 30 slot bank tab.

Some people are very bothered by having too many or multiples of the same characters.

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

Level 80 Engineer named Ignatius Drake, it was my first character and I didn’t know what combos were or how they worked, so the character was virtually useless in every respect…

Bad NPE back then, have they included anything that teaches new players about combos?

The bright side is that I’ve remade the engineer, but due to lack of traits he once again takes his old spot collecting dust on my account… Much like my account in general though, lol…

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

Astral Projections.7320

Some people are very bothered by having too many or multiples of the same characters.

(Reads statement) Yeah. Ok. Everyone has their little foibles. If it bugs them so much they would rather lose those inventory slots or pay to get less, then they gotta do what they gotta do.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)