Your opinion about today´s update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

But they gave you all increased numbers for damage and lower numbers for cooldowns!
Should be winner winner chicken dinner for everybody!
Why you no all likes it!?!?!

Because its uncreative?
Because it solves no problems with Boons and Condition Spam?
Because it solves not the power creep from E-Specs, but rather makes it just alot worser?
Because it keeps tons of useless skills/traits untouched
Because it completely ignored again balancing other Combat Mechanics, like Upgrades and Health/Attributes?
Because what Anet understands under QoL is far away here from what we understand from QoL?
Because of Because?
Because reasons?

Just pick one out of those or add your own one which I maybe haven’t listed up.
Surely more than enough reasons not to like it and that didn#t even included yet class specific reasons in details.

Skill/Trait Changes won’t help this game right now anymore. GW2 needs more impactful changes.

@ nedlee:
I don’t know, if you understand simple math, but this buff just means, that they outright doubled the whole damage of this skill – a skill that does unblockable damage and is one of the most brain dead to use skills of this game, that requires absolute no skill to use and is for me therefore no justification to give this skill such a big damage boost directly. 50% max, would have been more than enough.
Then it would have been better to make the skill in itself more interesting, like adding a 3rd circling hammer to increase instead slightly the speed of DPS it does on its rotations.

Only because the initial version of a skill has by design low damage, is no reason to boost it directly up by 100%, because the main reason to use this skill is defense, not dps, because the main effect of vengeful hammers is its defensive effect of reducing incoming damage by 20% from direct damage and conditions

Don’t say people are clueless, only because you self are too clueless to interprete the reasons behind the opinions of others to understand why people have maybe other opinions on something, like you have.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

kitten it Orpheal you weren’t suppose to get triggered.

I agree with what you’ve been saying.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028

Ssenkra Bloodroot.1028

I’m sad about the changes to Light Aura.
One of my favorite things to do on necro was drop well of blood under my minions then trigger a blast with putrid mark which gave everyone of them retaliation. It was fun to watch npcs all agro onto my minions and effectively kill themselves.

“Those who are closest to death are often the best at preventing it.” Zal Varata

Posted by: Payne.1250

Payne.1250

I’m happy for my engi, it’s definitely ok now, but it’s gonna take some weeks for us to be accepted in raid without an instant kick

[TSS] Tequatl Slayer Squad

#TeamAmber

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

As a tempest im thourghly disapointed but ill try to refrain from complaining about that as its probobly all been said allready
but that aside my thoughts on this patch and many like it is it that it is just one big waste of time and assets. today we saw the tempest recive nerfs and buffs and when i look at it i cant help but think they are just fixing alot of the dmg thet done in the last round of nerffs by the blanket nerff to all CD’s
im sure many of you have seen this in these balance patches time and time again where Anet nerff something one month only to later down the line swing back to the idea of buffing it a little all this effort and they still havent got it right thats why i see balance patches as a large waste of resource for the most part
the problem i think realy stems from the fact that gw2 is not the type of game you gain lvls and new skills like other mmos witch i see as a big chance for other games to reabalance classes and bring new stuff to the table. HOT was the best thing to happen to this game to give us all new skills and change things up and move on from old builds/playstyles we each found our roles in raids and along come these balance patches to throw everything up in the air
im not saying we dont need balance patches now and again but Anet need to think more about progression in the game moveing on to new content/skills instead of dweling on old ones
imagine if they had not botherd with this balance patch and put that resource in to the head of the snake chapter mebey we would not have seen so many reused assets

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

ANET gave away alacrity as it did confusion and Moa.. thereby invalidating an entire HoT specialization, the Chronomancer.

This is a joke right? You paid for a new specialization.. but we’ve decided to take it away from you.. because reasons.

Tired of your qq threads bud. I didn’t see the guardian community coming out in force to qq years ago the moment another class gained access to stability.

Stability was not the primary thrust and signature ability of Guardian. Let’s not forget that ANET also gave away confusion and Moa.. both supposedly unique to Mesmer.

/cough Aegis

Mesmers stole my Aegis. So I’m glad something was stolen from them.

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

They made a fair few great changes, updating Ranger pets was nice.

Buffing Thief traps was stupid without addressing the perma-stealth from trapper runes.

Not buffing Engineer shield but buffing offhand pistol makes it much harder to justify using shield, which is sad.

The worst part though is that they barely touched the unused or underused skills and traits in the game.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Posted by: TorsoReaper.8530

TorsoReaper.8530

As a tempest im thourghly disapointed but ill try to refrain from complaining about that as its probobly all been said allready
but that aside my thoughts on this patch and many like it is it that it is just one big waste of time and assets. today we saw the tempest recive nerfs and buffs and when i look at it i cant help but think they are just fixing alot of the dmg thet done in the last round of nerffs by the blanket nerff to all CD’s
im sure many of you have seen this in these balance patches time and time again where Anet nerff something one month only to later down the line swing back to the idea of buffing it a little all this effort and they still havent got it right thats why i see balance patches as a large waste of resource for the most part
the problem i think realy stems from the fact that gw2 is not the type of game you gain lvls and new skills like other mmos witch i see as a big chance for other games to reabalance classes and bring new stuff to the table. HOT was the best thing to happen to this game to give us all new skills and change things up and move on from old builds/playstyles we each found our roles in raids and along come these balance patches to throw everything up in the air
im not saying we dont need balance patches now and again but Anet need to think more about progression in the game moveing on to new content/skills instead of dweling on old ones
imagine if they had not botherd with this balance patch and put that resource in to the head of the snake chapter mebey we would not have seen so many reused assets

Agree 100% with everything you said. If they are going to spend time doing something, just make every balance patch a buff to under-used weapons/skills/traits until all classes have several fun and viable builds. They only need to bring them up to the power level of that class’s best meta. If we think some classes just don’t have enough love, which all know what classes those are, we can continue to buff those classes’ meta build as well. This way over the long run, we have several fun builds.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

ANET gave away alacrity as it did confusion and Moa.. thereby invalidating an entire HoT specialization, the Chronomancer.

This is a joke right? You paid for a new specialization.. but we’ve decided to take it away from you.. because reasons.

Tired of your qq threads bud. I didn’t see the guardian community coming out in force to qq years ago the moment another class gained access to stability.

Stability was not the primary thrust and signature ability of Guardian. Let’s not forget that ANET also gave away confusion and Moa.. both supposedly unique to Mesmer.

/cough Aegis

Mesmer’s access to aegis relies on RNG on skills with long CDs (with SoI having 10 possible boons and applying every 10 seconds, the average turnaround time for getting aegies is once every 100 seconds from it) and a single well we got with chrono. Until we got chrono we didn’t even have a reliable method of obtaining aegis. Rev’s access to alacrity does not rely on RNG. They are hardly comparable.

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

well I could say mesmers have access to stealth the signature move from thieves in like all MMOs XD

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

/cough Aegis

Mesmer’s access to aegis relies on RNG on skills with long CDs (with SoI having 10 possible boons and applying every 10 seconds, the average turnaround time for getting aegies is once every 100 seconds from it) and a single well we got with chrono. Until we got chrono we didn’t even have a reliable method of obtaining aegis. Rev’s access to alacrity does not rely on RNG. They are hardly comparable.

I’m not talking about the random access but that well. That well is so amazing that any Guardian would kill for it. Compare the well to hallowed ground and tell me that makes sense. I swear Mesmers do not realize how over powered Chrono still is.

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

welp gave me more options on my necro…but it’s not like that’ll change anything in the end since they are still far from viable in raids.

OriOri.8724

/cough Aegis

I’m not talking about the random access but that well. That well is so amazing that any Guardian would kill for it. Compare the well to hallowed ground and tell me that makes sense. I swear Mesmers do not realize how over powered Chrono still is.

3 applications of aegis on a 30 sec CD. Guardians still have far higher access to aegis than mesmers do. Is WoP strong? Yea, but after the nerfs its had its hardly OP as you seem to think it is

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’m apoplectic. ANET has once again given away Mesmer’s signature ability.

First confusion, then Moa and now alacrity. By giving alacrity to Revenant … anet more-or-less invalidated the Chronomancer specialization.

I’d like anet to explain there apparent bias against Mesmer.

I seem to remember predicting this over a year ago when mesmer first got alacrity. It was too good to be true even after they nerfed it.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

hm? mostly they buffed it. Arc lightning got up, lots of cooldowns went down. The overload air nerf was the only thing. And I can see why they did it. It was kind of overpowered.

arc lightening is useless, you stack condy to make sceptre dps viable not power. glad they killed off fresh air – horrible gimmicky build that forced you to constantly swap back in to air.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: Revonox.1536

Revonox.1536

That’s the problem with ANet, they’re balancing based on numbers, not actual playability. Open World was already a pain in the kitten as an ele, but now it’s just awful. Have fun running around in 80 areas getting blasted on by a group of 3+ enemies because the only skills to really survive in those situations just got worse.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My opinion……….. WvW players shafted yet again.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

As someone who plays mainly ele.
I do not want to log in at all anymore.

I was already upset with the awful state of wvw. Today’s ele nerfs were the last nail on coffin for me.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

hm? mostly they buffed it. Arc lightning got up, lots of cooldowns went down. The overload air nerf was the only thing. And I can see why they did it. It was kind of overpowered.

arc lightening is useless, you stack condy to make sceptre dps viable not power. glad they killed off fresh air – horrible gimmicky build that forced you to constantly swap back in to air.

Sorry for you but you are 2 times wrong man
https://youtu.be/5qylEEXvGtc

Parabrezza

lucadiro.4519

As an Ele main I’m really happy with the patch! Finally scepter dps Ele Will be a real meta for pve, is since the old s/f lighing hammer time that I’m waiting for this moment.
Also pvp buffs were nice, or are least in the right direction, even if maybe not enough to push out Dagger off hand

Parabrezza

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

My opinion is we need an actual dedicated class design and balance dev team that has time to balance the classes.

Instead of waiting 6 months for marginal changes and telling people “we didn’t have time”.

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I am very unhappy with elly nerfs.

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I am very happy how they ignores most questions and closed the thread kappa.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Well, my main is a ranger, so the patch was ok I guess. All pets get a buff and can hit thing now, thats great and thanks for that. Sharpened edges was nerfed without a reason and condi builds lost 2k dps. Sorry, can’t thank you for that. DPS/support condi druid was pounded into the ground even more with GotL nerf, but I even don’t care anymore. Clearly Anet want to see druids as a dedicated healer only spec and non-druid ranger as a direct damage. No mixing/hybrids allowed.

Considering other professions I played.

Didn’t see anything inspiring in Necro logs, looks like nothing really changed.

Mesmer – if the changies can lead to non shatterspam build, it will be great.

Revenant – great idea with alaracity. Can you give Revenant druid’s Grace of the Land and glyph of empowerment as well? I’m not sarcastic, no. Just want the druid (tortured so hard every balance patch) put out of the misery and out of meta. And Anet obviously sees Revenant as a support profession. So, maybe, kill 2 targets with 1 bullet?

Elem – I think this nerf is undeserved. And I’m not an elementalist, by the way. The first thing, these guys deserve there DPS. Ele’s concept was always a glass cannon. They must have a high damage to compensate their fragility. The second thing, I can understand meteor shower being overpowered against bosses with huge hitboxes. But the way it was fixed is just illogical. That ICD thing you did was to nerf single target damage on large hitboxed. But the ability is not single target. It is a 3 target cleave with a lot of RNG on normal-sized hitboxes. So, please, can you scrap that ICD concept? If you want to balance it just make meteor shower a standart AoE. Like an area in which every enemy takes some fixed damage every second. Don’t take me wrong, the idea of ability that randomly sprays fireballs on large terrain is fun – you can “win” if you are lucky or if your target is big. But you destroyed that concept. With that ICD it works (at best scenario) as a normal AoE with ticks of damage. And on the worst it will make almost to none damage, missing the targets or hitting them second time during that ICD frame.

Warrior… Seriously? That thing has almost as much damage as ele, almost unkillable in PvE/WvW (don’t know about PvP cause don’t play it). And not even evades a nerf, but gets buffed. The only thing I can think of is that someone very high in Anet plays warrior as a main.

(edited by Ider.1276)

Posted by: TheKow.7604

TheKow.7604

Overall hate it, the nerfs in some places where over bearing while the buffs where avg across the board and the vender change was flat out kittening bullkitten, instead of a basic increase in cost which would have been fine they locked the venders behind crafting again and forced non crafters to lose even more ground in game, it also cost more then crafting the gear itself making the gifts required now

Kouto 80 Engineer,Traveling Merchant of the Grove.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yeah the ele got 10x the buffs it did nerfs, anyone complaining that we got “hamfisted” is someone angry they can no longer exploit imbalances and cheese easy wins. And in the end, doesn’t matter anyway, attunement system still limits us to one build with some minor changes.

As for the remainder:

Daredevil dodging needed a nerf, there’s no denying this.

The kitten hunter changes have done nothing as traps are not mechanically sound regardless of the DH’s state of balance.

Haven’t tried out the mesmer changes yet.

Engineer is going a good direction but not nearly far reaching enough.

Ranger did not need the condition on crit nerf to justify buffing it’s historically awful traps.

Necromancer changes are kind of boring but overall good.

No one gives a crap about the Revenant. It’s already become the Deathknight of GW2, if it’s there, it is because it’s useful, never because it is enjoyable.

Posted by: Ruthenium Panther.8679

Ruthenium Panther.8679

Balance part is overall ok. Rev is undrpowered IMO. New asc vendor system is terrible. And I didnt spend my asc shards so anet basically stole my 300g. Good part is that I wouldnt waste my time in spvp toxic pool anymore, so ty anet.

TorsoReaper.8530

Yeah the ele got 10x the buffs it did nerfs

You don’t play ele do you? The things they buffed were things nobody used and the buffs weren’t strong enough to make anyone want to use them.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Are eles glass cannons? I got the idea they had truly superb sustain? When this got changed?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

TorsoReaper.8530

Are eles glass cannons? I got the idea they had truly superb sustain? When this got changed?

Ele has sustain if they trait for it which means they lose dps and also means they are swapping to earth and water which means more lost dps vs a warrior that doesn’t have to do anything other than use normal skills. At this point, being an ele is like being a korean star craft player on the keyboard while other classes can do 1/4 the work for the same output.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Ele has sustain if they trait for it which means they lose dps and also means they are swapping to earth and water which means more lost dps vs a warrior that doesn’t have to do anything other than use normal skills. At this point, being an ele is like being a korean star craft player on the keyboard while other classes can do 1/4 the work for the same output.

So… nerf warrior?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

TorsoReaper.8530

So… nerf warrior?

I hope not, out of all my elite spec 80’s, Warrior was the only one where I walked away happy from yesterday’s patch.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

As a warrior main, I couldn’t be happier. Alle banners now buff 10 people, all shouts have double the power in some field, and no nerfs

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They have good sustain if they build/trait only for it. In which case they don’t have any dps worth mentioning. It’s either full glass, or full bunker. There’s nothing in the middle.
And in both cases the skill floor required to output satisfactory results keeps rising from patch to patch (while the effectiveness of both options goes downward).

Not that eles are the only class which Anet devs seem to have no idea what to do with.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

can’t even play because of the ping :/
So gotta wait before I make my opinions..

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

Staff Ele was non-existent in sPvP. It only found its way in WvW and PvE. Now, they’ve removed it from those two game modes, staff for ele has effectively been put in a box and thrown in the dusty closet.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

TorsoReaper.8530

So… nerf warrior?

I hope not, out of all my elite spec 80’s, Warrior was the only one where I walked away happy from yesterday’s patch.

Because the only other class you play is Ele?

I have a Ele, Mesmer, Thief, Warrior, Necro, and Guardian but on Guardian I don’t have his elite unlocked yet. Are you one of the people who has everything EXCEPT ele?

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Good gods…. why not just delete the Elementalist class from the game if this is going to be your approach devs… Then again its what we have come to expect from you. Over the top nerfs and no real reasoning at all behind it.

Hamfisted? Yeah that’s one way to put it. I would have used the word idiotic personally.

This patch fixed nothing at all and only created more problems while addressing none.

0/10 complete failure.

Yet ele is still top dps class… it needed the Nerf.

Posted by: Sky.8035

Sky.8035

I think the cast time increase for Spear of Justice is complete bull.

It was the only way to break enemy break bars for some builds and in high level play, you have what? Like 2-3½ seconds to use a skill sometimes during an opening and that’s factoring in no lag.

Also the fact that certain classes can just disengage fights and jump 1,900+ range in about 1 second. But that’s totally okay right? Not like us Dragonhunters used Spear of Justice as a counter to that or anything…

§ky

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

I don’t main any classes, play all of them equally.

But I don’t agree with the meteor shower nerf, it’s a risky move, you basically can’t move for 3secs to get optimal dmg… The lightning overload is not risky since you can move and still get optimal dmg so the nerf was fine.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yet ele is still top dps class…

Not for a huge majority of players. At this moment an average player (or even an above average one) will get much better results with dps guard or thief.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Patch was kitten, WHEN DOES ANET NERF ELITE SPECS TO BE IN LINE WITH CORE LINES

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You don’t play ele do you? The things they buffed were things nobody used and the buffs weren’t strong enough to make anyone want to use them.

You don’t think about what you post before you post it do you?

Ele is over 3/4s of my play time over the last four years.

So RTL is unused huh? Strange how it hasn’t left the top three hot topics on the ele forums ever since the last patch where it was changed. Not to mention armor of earth and mistform, which were basically half of the defense of the original arcane/water bunker build.

We got 25-33% uptime buffs on nearly a dozen different abilities, but no, you’re right, that’s totally outweighed by a 7% dps nerf to one ability.

Get over yourself.

EDIT: Pardon me, there are actually some as low as a 15% buff, how horrible, that totally changes my mind. I’m being facetious, it does not, and you’re all being ridiculous

(edited by Conncept.7638)

OriOri.8724

I don’t main any classes, play all of them equally.

But I don’t agree with the meteor shower nerf, it’s a risky move, you basically can’t move for 3secs to get optimal dmg… The lightning overload is not risky since you can move and still get optimal dmg so the nerf was fine.

Yea, I think that 0.5 second ICD is a bit too long for the move. Maybe reducing it to 0.33 seconds would have been better.

TorsoReaper.8530

So RTL is unused huh? Strange how it hasn’t left the top three hot topics on the ele forums ever since the last patch where it was changed. Not to mention armor of earth and mistform, which were basically half of the defense of the original arcane/water bunker build.

We got 25-33% uptime buffs on nearly a dozen different abilities, but no, you’re right, that’s totally outweighed by a 7% dps nerf to one ability.

Get over yourself.

EDIT: Pardon me, there are actually some as low as a 15% buff, how horrible, that totally changes my mind. I’m being facetious, it does not, and you’re all being ridiculous

The point of nerfing air overload was “ele does too much dps”. Someone running a bunker build wasn’t doing “too much dps” in the first place. That’s the point. I’m glad you’re happy with the changes but from the reception of the forums, you’re in a minority. Get over yourself.

lucadiro.4519

Get over yourself.

The point of nerfing air overload was “ele does too much dps”. Someone running a bunker build wasn’t doing “too much dps” in the first place. That’s the point. I’m glad you’re happy with the changes but from the reception of the forums, you’re in a minority. Get over yourself.

Thats because most of the people in forum are crybabies that cant see that, even if arenanet gave a deserved Nerf (maybe in the wrong way but still deserved) to make Ele DPS in line with other classes, it still has the top DPS in the game.
And good thing that this damage come from and actually hard rotation, so it will be Pretty safe from eventual future Nerf.
Also Ele in pve is finally back on his proper form of High risk High reward class.
+ Ele got very nice buffs in pvp, I mean are years now that we ask for RTL buff, finally we got… You should be stuck in a smile Just only for this

Parabrezza

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you guys were depending on one single skill, then that skill is indeed OP. It’s always been that way.

A profession isn’t one skill. If it is, it’s time to change the skill. My opinion of course.

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m in despair over the patch.

The Chronomancer “specialization” no longer really exists. Been depressed since yesterday afternoon.

I’m certain that the other unique Mesmer skills will be parsed out to the other classes soon as well.

Mesmerising Girl

Posted by: Agent Mulder.4531

Agent Mulder.4531

It honestly feels like the devs don’t even play the game.

Posted by: Pumped.2371

Pumped.2371

Amazing patch for wvw, people are just blowing up now and it’s amazing fun.
For those saying wvw staff ele got kittened, what kind of build are you using? I’m still unkillable and hit like a truck. The meteor nerfs were against non-player targets, guess your pvdoor game got wrecked.