Zerker nerfed, allow us to swap asc gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The difference being that it takes 3s and 3 clicks to reset your traits. People have invested hundreds of gold and quite a lot of time to get their armor a certain way.

I can understand that if all you do is play video games all day having to regear isn’t all that big of a deal to you but not everyone has the time to play 10 hours a day or even 10 hours a week.

But what if the skill being changed makes me want to change build completely, including different stats? Is that really any different?

I think that’s a completely different issue. A change to a stat affects everyone. A change to a skill affects only a minority.

I’m not saying that makes it okay, though. So don’t think that I am.

Posted by: Morgash.3165

Morgash.3165

The problem with say.. “there are more changes down the line” is that there past track recorded has not been great. How many time were you thrilled at the changes coming down the line when they finally got here. Maybe more transparency on what they intend to do. Allow us as player to under stand where they are going with it and maybe give some feed back on there ideas.

fellyn.5083

Umm no! the best way to play the game is how you want to play the game. If you want to do a lot of damage, you can. If you want to support your team, you can. If you want to be tankish, you can.

They only made zerker build lose a bit more damage to get closer to supp and tankish builds and also condition builds. Zerker was too much and condition was mostly “meh”. If there’s a build that is superior to all other types of builds, then what is the point to be tankish, support or to use condition damage. This was an update to PvE though, PvP people rarely go pure zerker, glasscannons.

The monsters need to get smarter though, so they can counter all kinds of build the players create.

I think you completely missed the point. You sort of got it there at the end but you’re still off the mark.

DPS will still be the best way to take on a boss bar none. The reasons why berserker gear is consider the best haven’t changed at all.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So, “top DPS builds” will be losing about 10% damage. If the relationship between Ferocity and critical damage percentage is linear, all critical builds will lose about 10%, not just the top builds. In order to affect the top builds more than those with lesser gear, there would have to be some amount of diminishing return once you reach a certain threshold in Ferocity. If that’s the case, where is that threshold?

So who exactly got nerfed? Did Ascended pursuers take a bigger hit than those who stuck with exotic or worse? Did everyone take the same hit to pay for Ascended adding damage on the top in the first place? Is there a sliding scale?

Finally, just how much critical damage percentage did Ascended add to the game? Is this cut-back to reign outliers in, or to add ~10% to the health of every mob out there as far as all crit builds are concerned?

Guess we won’t know til this goes live.

at face value, this change will not have a noticeable affect. seems like an overall waste of time and coding when there are larger issues to tackle.

edit- players are still going to get blasted in the face by big hits from a single profession and downed in seconds. hp disparities that allow for 1 shot mechanics will still exist. burst will still remain out of control and alienate more players in pvp environments. the go to profession list will be the same for content. damage builds will remain king because the other quasitrinityishbutnotish build mechanics are terrible. list goes on…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

fellyn.5083

Yeah, it really is. I honestly do not see how nerfing zerker is going to help support builds out.

It helps them by preparing the stage for other, more significant changes to encounters.

That’s funny. Anet even admitted during the stream yesterday that the changes wouldn’t make any difference.

If a nerf won’t make any difference in the grand scheme of things why is it needed? Oh yeah, to appease forum whiners.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

This is probably a stupid question, but where do you go to see the discussion of the proposed changes? Under the assumption this is something they said, and not conjecture on our part?

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

really? After i have obtained mostly ascended-celestial items for most of my characters they are all going to be nerfed? Srsly? I guess ANET dont want me to play this game anymore.

After all that ascended-grinding of doom in the most grindy game ever i would have never thought a gaming company can kitten-off his playerbase more than that.
This proves im wrong lol.

Posted by: Snowshadow.3105

Snowshadow.3105

After they took the MF away from the celestial gear, it already lost it’s main value and it was already one of the weaker gears at that time, because it just couldn’t compare with the more specialized builds.

The next change change will basically make it useless for most players, so pls allow us to change to better stats if you really stick with this change Anet!

Aditionally regarding the change itself, I don’t think thats a step into the right direction. I fell like the game is already going down with all the recent changes that annoy a lot of players.

Why did you introduce better gear (Ascended equipment) in the first place, if you just take it away some months later???

Am I supposed to farm for hours to make up with the nerf?

fellyn.5083

This is probably a stupid question, but where do you go to see the discussion of the proposed changes? Under the assumption this is something they said, and not conjecture on our part?

It was talked about during yesterdays live stream.

Summary of stuff they talked about:

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/17/gw2-ready-up-skill-and-balance-developer-livestream-notes/

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

For the twitch video…

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/357921586

For Dulfy’s transcript…

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/17/gw2-dev-livestream-jan-17-transcript/

cheers

IndigoSundown.5419

Important

How ferocity is going to work is going to be an essential part of how effective this change will be.

It could either be linear, like power, vitality or precision. Where the difference between 100 and 101 ferocity is the same as the difference between 1000 and 1001 ferocity.

Or it could be curved, like toughness works. In which case the 1 point from 100 to 101 toughness is more effective than the 1 point between 1000 and 1001 toughness.

This question is much on my mind with regard to this update. If there are diminishing returns (curved relationship) at higher levels, this change will impact wearers of Ascended gear more than wearers of lesser tiers. This will all depend on where the curve starts (i.e., is it a gradual curve throughout, or is it linear to a certain point, then becomes curved — i.e., diminishing returns only past a certain amount). If there is a curve throughout, then every critical build will be affected, not just Ascended users.

Also, professions whose traits lump Ferocity with Precision could lose more than those whose traits split the two. DPS builds for warrior. guardian, necro and engineer might not have 30 points allocated to both, whereas Thief, Ranger, Ele and Mesmer can more easily max precision and ferocity.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The concept of buff to equality leading to power creep as a legitimate concern is simply nonsensical in the grand scheme of things. While it is true in extreme scenarios that buffing everything would break intended gameplay, that runs under the assumption that the changes were made with the precision of a chainsaw, which is none at all.

Even if everything were buffed to the level of the most overpowered, it would not trivialize the game at all. It would not decrease the difficulty at all, because the player always had the choice of picking the most OP thing. Therefore, nothing has changed. Now this isn’t to say that nerfs aren’t completely necessary. You could possible bring Mr. OP to 90% effectiveness and bring everything else to that level too. But that’s not a nerf dominant philosophy. And also, if you buff everything else, then relatively speaking, OP gets a nerf.

Also, who cares if PvE gets easier? The game wasn’t balanced for that. Content should always be balanced around the highest level of play. And people that are too lazy to press the dodge button twice should not be listened to when it comes to balance. Until you solve the very core problems, it doesn’t matter what you do! And clearly the content is the issue here.

When something as good, and everything else sucks, it might be the fault of those thing that suck. Even after the zerker nerf, it is still the gear to use for pve. And there was nothing really wrong with it.

Blatant nerf hammering is just the simplest and least creative solution. It also hurts the notion of “fun”. It’s generally not fun to have your builds invalidated just because other people thought it wasn’t ok. Sometimes, we need to make sacrifices for the sake of a better game, but there needs to be a limit. Screw balance if it isn’t fun. I don’t care if that warrior over there can do it 25% as fast. If people are kicking me because of my class, they can go kitten off. I mean, I’d rather roleplay as some ungodly fighter as opposed to a “moderately acceptable one that is on par with the rest”.

For example, if I can kill you in 2 hits, but your HP was doubled, then I will naturally have a hard time killing you.

The ultimate problem with nerf dominant philosophy is that ultimately revolves around hammering the nail that sticks out. Ultimately, it will hammer down what’s unique about each profession and build. If you’re going to do this and nerf things across the board without considering the context of the profession, then I would say cut to the chase, and remove all but one class and one skillset. Nerf heavy philosophy = making sure all the classes are homogenized and pretty much the same. Because that’s perfect balance.

One of my favorite games is (obviously) Starcraft (1) Brood War, and I use it because people often hail it as the epitome of perfect balance. It’s not. It’s relatively balanced when the skill level is high enough and even that relies on a number of factors. But I’m just going to summarize this concept quickly. In Starcraft, pretty much every unit seemed overpowered if analyzed in a vacuum. You had dark templars that would instantly end the game if you couldn’t see them, the basic zergling (of which “Zerging” comes from) was by far the most cost effective unit in the game because you could send hundreds and once fully upgraded has NOTHING that can compete with it for cost, but it was okay since minefields would also blow them up by the hundreds. The Zerg could spray “dark swarm”, a shield in the air, that blocked all ranged attacks, of which the Terran race had no good counter because most of their viable units are ranged. None of them is really fair, and sure you can counter them, but it is sure arbitrary. The results were always drastic and extremely brutal, and in the hands of a better player made the game looked completely unfair. But it really wasn’t. Did they nerf stuff? Yes. Did they swing it around recklessly? Nope.

Balance because there are many awesome choices, not because every choice is mediocre. The warrior is in a good place because they have many strong builds. What’s wrong with that? All classes should be like that.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

After all that ascended-grinding of doom in the most grindy game ever

Lol. Clearly, you’ve never played some of the other MMORPG’s. You know… games where it takes ages to reach max-level. Where you can’t switch traits and stuff anymore, or even stats. Where you need potions and other consumables for some of the harder content. Where you maybe even need consumables to be able to use some of your skills.

GW2 the most grindy game ever? Lol. Just lol.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If they do allow for gear swapping, it should only be for ascended gear. And maybe exotic. But below that, the gear’s cheap enough.

It would be the best PR move to make given how new ascended armor is. The markets haven’t even stabilized from it yet.

“Given how new ascended armor is [and how expensive exotics are for new players] and the timing of this reworking of crit damage, we have decided to give all players with ascended [and exotic] gear and weapons a free stat swap like what we did when magic find was removed from gear and weapons.”

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I don’t know why anyone would want to swap to other stats. Even with the 10% nerf, berserker is still the goto set for pve.

laokoko.7403

I think the problem is pve is easy enough, that’s why everone is wearing berserker. Making the game easier wont’ help.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

They should just bump up the overall stats on Celestial gear to compensate.

More than anything it was the lack of Power that was holding the gear-set back.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I don’t know why anyone would want to swap to other stats. Even with the 10% nerf, berserker is still the goto set for pve.

Some people will probably feel that the risk/reward ratio with the loss of DPS has gone below their threshold for running that build.

Berserker gear is glass cannon. This nerf makes their cannon less powerful. But it still leaves them as glass. The more they get hit, the more likely they are to die. Sometimes those few extra seconds can mean the difference between life and death.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

My understanding is ferocity will be created numerically in the same way all the stats that go up to 300 in the trait line are.

the ratio of points to % increase will be greater than 10:1. I’ve seen the number 14:1 thrown out, which would mean 300 points in the trait line would be 21% crit damage, a significant drop from the current 30%. I think this was just used as an example, though.

Gear that currently has crit damage on it will have crit damage treated as a secondary stat on gear. For example, on Rampager’s the primary stat is Precision, secondary stats are Condi dmg and power, both in equal amounts. Berserker, instead of being Power primary stat, precision secondary, and arbitrary amount of crit damage, it will have ferocity equal to the amount of precision it has, like secondary stat. For celestial it will have the same amount as there are other stats. Divinity runes, for instance, instead of being +10 all stats, +2% crit damage, would become just +10 all stats (including ferocity)… which if the ratio is greater than 10:1 ferocity:crit damage%, will be less than 1% crit damage per rune. However, runes are also being reworked so that example is likely not what we will see, just using it to illustrate the change. (although, it does give you an idea of how arbitrarily balanced things with crit damage were)

Zojja’s Claymore
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zojja%27s_Claymore

instead of 188 power, 134 precision, 10% crit damage,
will be something more along the lines of
188 power, 134 precision, 134 ferocity… if the ratio were 14:1, well, you’d lose a whopping 0.4% crit damage

Wupwup’s Claymore
83 everything, 11% crit damage
to just 83 everything…
…83/14 … just under 6% crit damage.

well, ~hopefully~ Celestial gets a hell of a buff. If I were in the devs position I think I’d look at it like this: Take that old 11%, multiply it by the ratio (if 14:1) to get 154, add 498 (6 × 83) representing the other stats for 652, divide by 7 representing the new stats…
so about 93 in each stat. (93, incidentally, would be about 6.5% crit dmg if the ratio were 14:1) Crit-based Celestial dps takes a hit but sustain/support gets a buff. Which really isn’t that bad imo, because you don’t have to go all-in on one stat set.

Really, though, we won’t know a thing until this goes live.

I will bring up one final point that doesn’t get brought up much, though. With ferocity being represented this way, the door opens up for it to be used as the primary stat in gear sets. You could see things like

Oniyui’s Claymore
188 Ferocity
134 Power
134 Precision

using the same ratio as before, this baby would pack a walloping 13.4 crit dmg % increase. Imagine, then, going in full Oniyui gear, getting far more crit damage than ever before! Albeit… sacrificing power.

Since this is going to be the first patch using this system I don’t expect it to be perfect in any way but it does give a way to balance crit damage in proportion to other stats, rather than it being an arbitrary number.

laokoko.7403

Some one should put up a dps comparison to show the difference.

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

I honestly think the only gear that will be deeply and critically affected by this is celestial gear. And because of the hard work and money put into exotic celestial and ascended celestial, it would make sense to be allowed to change it.

I’m just glad I didn’t make any, as I had considered making it for wvw.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Changes like this aren’t out of line, but it does underscore the punishing effect time-gating ascended crafting has on those who want to craft multiple sets of weapons or armor (particularly if they have multiple characters).

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

The ferocity change is helping by making critical damage consistent across pieces of gear. There will no longer be the 17:1 trade-offs on some pieces of gear between secondary stats and critical damage, and 4.5:1 trade offs on other pieces of gear. This is how it should have worked from the beginning.

A (valuable) side effect is that the worst offenders (ruby orbs and friends) are losing a ton of critical damage, such that they do not grossly outshine everything else. Ruby orbs will have the same sorts of stat trade-offs as every other piece of gear post-patch.

They did a really incredibly bad job of explaining this – they should have just said the net effect was a nerf of ruby orbs and a reduction of crit damage from traits. Instead we get dozens of threads about people’s berserker gear getting nerfed. This is why communications is important people.

Kontrolle.3514

I honestly think the only gear that will be deeply and critically affected by this is celestial gear. And because of the hard work and money put into exotic celestial and ascended celestial, it would make sense to be allowed to change it.

Unlike me. I Spent over 200 laurels for ascended trinkets, recipes and the infusions for celestial items on all my characters. I demand a refund.

This is madness.

LittleLepton.8915

Unlike me. I Spent over 200 laurels for ascended trinkets, recipes and the infusions for celestial items on all my characters. I demand a refund.

This is madness.

comforting shoulder pats

I think it’s likely that celestial followers will be angrier than berserker.

As it stands, with the sigil change the berserker meta is probably barely affected at all, which is cool for me as I prefer it in pve, but I feel like they achieved the exact opposite of their intention.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I demand a refund.

you had best send support an email then, saying it here does nothing.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

this is what you get for putting all your eggs in one basket.

nobody told you to, you just followed a trend like a lemming.

nerf-lol.

You mean to tell me that I should have had:
Knight’s helmet
Valkyrie Shoulder
Hunter Coat
Assassin’s Leggings
Carrion Gloves
Apothecary Boots ???

Yeah but make sure you have the same runes on all of them because they don’t want people to mix and match set bonuses.

tl;dr: You have to play exactly the way they want you to.

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

There is no content you can’t do because of a tiny difference of stats.
Zerker still is the highest damage, so what is the problem here?
Anet is making other builds look viable without knocking you off the dps pedestal.

Kontrolle.3514

The problem is i spent over 200 laurels for celestials items,recipes and WvW-infusions.
I spent hours on the calculator for the best mix of offensive to defensive stats for my WvW-builds.

Nobody cares about PvE where no one cares if youre exotic or ascended.

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

If Anet nerfs the critical damage then we glass cannons would be useless. What in the world have you thinking about nerfing it? Because non skilled rookies/players complained it’s too over powered and that they can’t survive with berserker/assassin gear? You want the hardcore players to use lower damage like others so others won’t die? People that can’t play glass cannon at Dungeons/FotM has no right to complain and shout to nerf critical damage. If it happens my work on my gear will go to waste and I won’t enjoy my big numbers and fast rushing anymore and won’t want to play anymore. Instead nerfing to play with traits and crap, add some useful permament content like raids 10-20 people and new maps with hardcore bosses then glass cannons would have problems.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

With this attitude, why should anyone care about your problem?

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You and I use the word “useless” very differently.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

LittleLepton.8915

Hi Draco,

While I understand the sentiment, the changes to critical damage affect us berserkers minimally. We do receive a decrease in critical damage, however this can be easily rectified with the changes to sigils on two handed weapons.

The gear that this change affects the most is celestial. And given that people were time gated and spent tons of money on recipes and such has become a bigger problem.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Posted by: oliverstoned.2695

oliverstoned.2695

Does ferocity deal critical-hit damage as a % of your base damage? Or is it a flat damage bonus?

Here’s the math behind direct damage in gw2:

Average damage = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor) * ( 1 + Critical Chance * ( Critical Damage + 0.5) )

So, higher power means higher bonus damage on critical hits.

(edited by oliverstoned.2695)

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

It had nothing to do with rookies or people not surviving to zerk gear.

All the condi users have been crying since the beginning about them being “completely useless”, so wise Anet is bestowing upon us this gift. (Why you ask? Not a clue.)

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Jrunyon.3012)

laokoko.7403

I care about pve. I dont’ care about pvp at all. That being said, I’m not even sure if berserker is nerfed for wvw or spvp.

LittleLepton.8915

I think they stated it poorly, but I think they meant in pve no one cares in your armor is ascended or exotic whereas in wvw they do (I don’t know if that’s true, but I think it came off much more… Angry? Than they meant.) and thus pve players won’t care enough to complain about the change.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

Oniyui.8279

You want the hardcore players to use lower damage like others so others won’t die?

That’s exactly what we want.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I don’t understand the logic behind this idea, it essentially looks like a giant waste of time. Did you guys finally get bored of nerfing elementalists?
>Remove crit dmg
>add ferocity (it is essentially a nerf to crit damage, more feroicty i assume more crit dmg)
>if you look hard enough you can see that crit damage stacked this also, the more you have the harder it hit..
>they are the same thing with a different name.

.. Wat… don’t fix what isn’t broken..

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

(edited by VaaCrow.3076)

LittleLepton.8915

You want the hardcore players to use lower damage like others so others won’t die?

That’s exactly what we want.

Tbf hardcore players using less effective gears doesn’t change casuals who die anyway in their gear (regardless of the stats). Nerfing berserker really doesn’t change the effectiveness of soldier armor, it just makes our hardcore dungeon runs a few minutes longer.

There is still going to be a divide between casual and hardcore… So really what they should have done is buff other gear types to make them worth using, specifically condition gears.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

(edited by LittleLepton.8915)

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I was most intrigued by the mention of Ferocity as a new stat and the potential of another being added in the future.

Now is it possible we will see entirely new trait lines so that each profession has 6?

Is it possible that there can be a line that REDUCES condition durations as example?

It nice to speculate on but that all said, is there any timeline for this? I am anxious to see the changes to sigils and runes but has any date been mentioned any where?

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

After all that ascended-grinding of doom in the most grindy game ever

Lol. Clearly, you’ve never played some of the other MMORPG’s. You know… games where it takes ages to reach max-level. Where you can’t switch traits and stuff anymore, or even stats. Where you need potions and other consumables for some of the harder content. Where you maybe even need consumables to be able to use some of your skills.

GW2 the most grindy game ever? Lol. Just lol.

I’ll rephrase.

GW2 the most grindy game ever based on receiving little to no rewards for your grind.

Back on topic – They basically went about this change the absolute worst way they could have. It really never ceases to amaze me how poorly and with such little thought the dev team implements such wide drastic changes to solve a singular problem and how they still miss the mark.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

I think they stated it poorly, but I think they meant in pve no one cares in your armor is ascended or exotic whereas in wvw they do (I don’t know if that’s true, but I think it came off much more… Angry? Than they meant.) and thus pve players won’t care enough to complain about the change.

I WvW and my guild does not make me run ascended. The only rules are , have exotics, party wide AoE skills that support or CC, be lvl 80. Ascended is overrated and a skilled exotic player can beat a full ascended noob into the ground easy. even if it is a 30v30 zerg the commander with the best skill and intelligence wins.

AScended gear to me is like legendary gear…. nice to have but not necessary. Anet should have never put Ascended gear into the game anyway. for Fotm they should have just let players infuse their exotic gear like in GW1 against the Mursaat. I really dislike the traditional carrot on a stick grind that Anet is pushing right now. Apparently that is what the majority wanted.

Posted by: The Lost Witch.7601

The Lost Witch.7601

Important

How ferocity is going to work is going to be an essential part of how effective this change will be.

It could either be linear, like power, vitality or precision. Where the difference between 100 and 101 ferocity is the same as the difference between 1000 and 1001 ferocity.

Or it could be curved, like toughness works. In which case the 1 point from 100 to 101 toughness is more effective than the 1 point between 1000 and 1001 toughness.

This question is much on my mind with regard to this update. If there are diminishing returns (curved relationship) at higher levels, this change will impact wearers of Ascended gear more than wearers of lesser tiers. This will all depend on where the curve starts (i.e., is it a gradual curve throughout, or is it linear to a certain point, then becomes curved — i.e., diminishing returns only past a certain amount). If there is a curve throughout, then every critical build will be affected, not just Ascended users.

Also, professions whose traits lump Ferocity with Precision could lose more than those whose traits split the two. DPS builds for warrior. guardian, necro and engineer might not have 30 points allocated to both, whereas Thief, Ranger, Ele and Mesmer can more easily max precision and ferocity.

Fair point.

I guess the full ascended berserker wearing characters with precision and ferocity in the same line would be at a disadvantage. But only if they insist on sticking to 100% berserker gear. They could replace their runes and perhaps a few pieces of gear to minimize the disadvantage.

And even then the berserker gear wouldn’t necessarily lose it’s value, since it allows the wearer to get into different traitlines without losing that much damage potential.

Don’t get me wrong, you are right in that there is a disadvantage to it. But I believe that it may be acceptable. (Given what it delivers) And it would ofcourse be possible to balance these traitlines in a way that it makes up for the effective ferocity lost. (Perhaps a minor trait or even a rune that would convert X% of your ferocity to another stat.)

And then there is the point that Ensign makes: when critical damage is converted to ferocity, it is unlikely that the traitpoints will have as big an impact on your critical damage as they currently have.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

Ferocity is going to be about 10% less damage than the crit damage stat it is replacing, according to what they said on the stream. It’s most definitely not a buff.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Ironically enough the builds that are being most kitten by this are the hybrid builds that stretch for crit dmg in the first place, and berserker groups will be more prominent and necessary in speed runs.

They stated this is the first step of many changes to address, but it still sucks for non zerk dps builds.

Oniyui.8279

I’ll use the Wupwup Claymore as an example as I used it in another thread to illustrate a potential solution that wouldn’t be complicated to implement.

Currently the stats are:
+83 Power
+83 Precision
+83 Toughness
+83 Vitality
+83 Condition Damage
+11% Critical Damage
+83 Healing Power

Rather than making them all 83 points, which with a 16:1 ratio would be a flat 6% nerf (11 – (83/16)) to Crit Damage, the way they should do it with a 16:1 ratio is multiply the current Critical Damage by 16 (11 * 16 = 176) add that to the other stats’ total(83 * 6 = 498) , 498 + 176 being 674, and then divide by 7 to decide the value for the 7 stats evenly.

This would result in a Wupwup Claymore with 96 of each stat instead of 83 +11% crit dmg. The crit damage of 96 ferocity with the 16:1 ratio would be 6%, a 5% nerf counterbalanced by the buffs in the other stats.

Hopefully, Anet thinks along the same lines as I have.

LittleLepton.8915

I WvW and my guild does not make me run ascended. The only rules are , have exotics, party wide AoE skills that support or CC, be lvl 80. Ascended is overrated and a skilled exotic player can beat a full ascended noob into the ground easy. even if it is a 30v30 zerg the commander with the best skill and intelligence wins.

AScended gear to me is like legendary gear…. nice to have but not necessary. Anet should have never put Ascended gear into the game anyway. for Fotm they should have just let players infuse their exotic gear like in GW1 against the Mursaat. I really dislike the traditional carrot on a stick grind that Anet is pushing right now. Apparently that is what the majority wanted.

Yeah, I don’t really wvw, which is why I said (I don’t know if that’s true). I was just trying to diffuse an argument that I think would be caused by a lack of communication skills. It’s hard sometimes, when you feel passionate about something, to phrase things diplomatically, and I think that’s what happened there.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

IndigoSundown.5419

I was most intrigued by the mention of Ferocity as a new stat and the potential of another being added in the future.

Now is it possible we will see entirely new trait lines so that each profession has 6?

Is it possible that there can be a line that REDUCES condition durations as example?

It nice to speculate on but that all said, is there any timeline for this? I am anxious to see the changes to sigils and runes but has any date been mentioned any where?

They said the profession balance changes will debut in the features patch after the 4 LW updates. I’d guess the other changes will hit then also.

Posted by: mergi.1407

mergi.1407

The forum is full of detailed threads stating that ascended is not required to do any game content at all, now it is a requirement to do WvW or PvP?

Cannot have the argument both ways, cannot be pro ascended saying stats don’t matter its such a small difference then complain when there is a much needed balance to stats that is such a small difference.

Anet are giving you choices without making Zerker redundant, again what is the problem?

It sounding like some folks want to dominate others with stats and gear to me.