Zodiac weapon skins!!

Zodiac weapon skins!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The skins look slick, especially the shield. Shout out to the Anet artists for delivering some quality skins.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

you know that they used the old skins from gw1 for this?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Oh my god I’m pretty mad right now… Zodiac weapons in GW1 were acquired in 2 elite dungeons, and were really nice. At least back then you had to complete challenging content in order to get your weapons.

Now, RNG boxes.

I heard people like those RNG boxes. Oh wait they don’t.

I hope the guy that came up with the idea to put zodiac weapons in BLC’s steps on a piece of lego. Barefoot.

No I actually wish a lot worse things upon this person, but since I don’t like infractions or being banned, I’ll keep them to myself.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Oh my god I’m pretty mad right now… Zodiac weapons in GW1 were acquired in 2 elite dungeons, and were really nice. At least back then you had to complete challenging content in order to get your weapons.

Now, RNG boxes.

I hope the guy that came up with the idea to put zodiac weapons in BLC’s steps on a piece of lego. Barefoot.

No I actually wish a lot worse things upon this person, but since I don’t like infractions or being banned, I’ll keep them to myself.

^LMAO.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I’m not falling for this trap.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Just spent 20g to get 5 keys and didn’t get a single piece for one of those tickets. Then I actually went and looked at the skins; no way am I wasting any more gold on that.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Unleashed.6195

Unleashed.6195

lol… worth a reply just for this…

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

This is a comparative of Zodiac Gw1 vs Zodiac Gw2.
And again Gw1 is far superior in zodiacs.

Attachments:

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Unleashed.6195

Just spent 20g to get 5 keys and didn’t get a single piece for one of those tickets. Then I actually went and looked at the skins; no way am I wasting any more gold on that.

The best way to train a company out of gambling boxes for $$$ is to not buy them. They, like most every other company, are going to provide what customers show they want with their wallets. Spend your money where you’d like to see more content and discipline yourself to not spend it where you don’t.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

which zodiac you prefer? ^^

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Kain Francois.4328

Honestly, GW2 is really starting to feel like a cash ploy more than a game. I mean, yeah, sure they need to make money, but I already paid my $60!

Sure, they could use the argument that “you don’t need to buy the keys”, but you can’t really escape the gem store unless you want to use Pearl weapons.

Now they’re adding beloved GW1 skins to RNG boxes they KNOW have horrible chances, made for the sole purpose of exploiting people with a gambling problem?

That chilling fact really makes me love GW2 a lot less, and it’s quite hard to “immerse” knowing that.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: CrazyJuggler.1498

CrazyJuggler.1498

Now, RNG boxes.

I hope one day they will stop it…. I fully agree with you mate. I wasn’t playing gw1 so i do not know about these skins but….
I prefer to put more Challenges and to do stuff to acquire the skins than put them in a box with a chance.
Don’t we already have enough things by chance in gw2 ANet?

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Ugliest skins added to the game so far, imho.

I wonder, will there ever be skins that look like they might actually hurt an enemy when you hit them with them? Maybe a little more steel, Anet.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Coroner.3168

Coroner.3168

Why would you try to get a ticket for a weapon whose skin you hadn’t even seen yet!?

More on topic: Could someone post a screenshot of a couple of the weapons please? I can’t view them ingame since I am at work, but I’m deadly curious of how the swords and hammer look like. Absolutely loved them in the original game. I do wish ArenaNet would make more weapon sets that had to be earned, not given to you randomly :/

EDIT: Dulfy just posted them: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/20/gw2-zodiac-weapon-skin-gallery/

Andal Myth Of East – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks [NA]
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS]

(edited by Coroner.3168)

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Leuca.5732

Why would you try to get a ticket for a weapon whose skin you hadn’t even seen yet!?

More on topic: Could someone post a screenshot of a couple of the weapons please? I can’t view them ingame since I am at work, but I’m deadly curious of how the swords and hammer look like. Absolutely loved them in the original game. I do wish ArenaNet would make more weapon sets that had to be earned, not given to you randomly :/

I loved Zodiac weapons in GW1. I figured they would be more true to how I remembered them. I didn’t spend real money to get my gems and 20g wasn’t a huge loss for me, but it’s still disappointing. The warhorn.. is a shiny chicken/rooster thing. Some of them aren’t bad (I don’t mind the dagger/staff) but for the tiny chance you have at getting what you need to buy one, I expected them to be better.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Honestly, GW2 is really starting to feel like a cash ploy more than a game. I mean, yeah, sure they need to make money, but I already paid my $60!

Sure, they could use the argument that “you don’t need to buy the keys”, but you can’t really escape the gem store unless you want to use Pearl weapons.

Now they’re adding beloved GW1 skins to RNG boxes they KNOW have horrible chances, made for the sole purpose of exploiting people with a gambling problem?

That chilling fact really makes me love GW2 a lot less, and it’s quite hard to “immerse” knowing that.

I agree. I’m ok with buying vanity items for the sake of appearance as long as they’re reasonably priced. ($2-$4 for a single skin seems ok since people would want multiples for weapons/armors/chars etc). But RNG? They can go diaf. Haven’t, and will never, support such scumbag sales practices. ANet should be ashamed.

We constantly hear about the millions (and millions!) of copies sold at $60 each, yet they have to pull this garbage every month? Disgusting.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Bright.9160

And they KNEW it would upset old GW1 players, because they’ve been wanting those skins. Not only did they revamp them apparently (I saw the SS of the new bow, lol, does it look ugly), but they also completely destroyed their legacy by adding them to RNG boxes whose keys are a pain to obtain.

Anet has disappointed me a lot in the past, but this one really does it. Way to destroy something that was once something semi-prestigious by throwing it in your cox box bullkitten.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Ugliest skins added to the game so far, imho.

I wonder, will there ever be skins that look like they might actually hurt an enemy when you hit them with them? Maybe a little more steel, Anet.

Sclerite weapons would like to say hi to you.

Anyways, the Zodiac Sword was one of my favorite weapon skins in GW1. It’s disappointing that I can’t play the game to get one, but instead just fork over money. A lot of money.

Ain’t happening.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Bright.9160

I didn’t even mind sclerite weapons, because they were new. The thing that upsets me the most with the Zodiac weapons is that Anet just completely urinated (darn censoring) on their legacy and kitten ed off their GW1 veteran player base.

Urgoz and Kanaxai roll over in their graves Anet.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Shield sorry for low graphic. It’s a bit sparkly, I must have it! I see you can find them in TP too

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1907/7tky.png

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: CrazyJuggler.1498

CrazyJuggler.1498

I am ok with putting things that you can only buy with gems.. They have to earn some money beside the price of the game.. But pleeease.. If you can’t find another way ( by putting them with achievements or craft) ANet just do it the way you did it with the Dragon look-alike weaps. Put a way to get them without paying… I think that someone will pay for something that it is not by chance… For example.. I really like Fused weapons but i will never pay 10-20 euros or 100g just for the chance to get it!!!!! A chance!!!!! Stop make things by chance and create ways to ACHIEVE things!!! Game will become waaaaaay more interesting if player has real goals and not just hoping that on luck….

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Unleashed.6195

I agree. I’m ok with buying vanity items for the sake of appearance as long as they’re reasonably priced. ($2-$4 for a single skin seems ok since people would want multiples for weapons/armors/chars etc). But RNG? They can go diaf. Haven’t, and will never, support such scumbag sales practices. ANet should be ashamed.

We constantly hear about the millions (and millions!) of copies sold at $60 each, yet they have to pull this garbage every month? Disgusting.

Until games like Clash of Clans stop raking in $1million a day from unethically feeding off of addictive personalities, the temptation to emulate those types of numbers will be overwhelming.

It feels like the days are gone where you knew that, even if you disagreed, someone thought the feature/gameplay aspect you were experiencing at that moment was the most fun way to do it. Now, you rightly wonder if it was seen as the most profitable way to tie-in the cash shop.

Your relationship with game developers has in large part changed from “I give you the most fun experience possible in exchange for your money” to “I cleverly trap as much of the experience as possible with cash shop transactions while trying to put in enough fun to keep you around to land on those traps.”

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Beloved skins locked behind very very large random paywall instead of reasonable direct purchase…

:: opens torch and pitchfork stand ::

Well, I guess we should get this party started.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Well I do like the staff, and the axe. I’m not sure what people are whining about gw1 weapons. Yes they were nice in gw1, they still are. Go play gw1 if you want to see those version. I will get me some of these..

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Bright.9160

Well I do like the staff, and the axe. I’m not sure what people are whining about gw1 weapons. Yes they were nice in gw1, they still are. Go play gw1 if you want to see those version. I will get me some of these..

It’s not about using the skins, I’m fine with that. It’s the fact that they put them in the RNG boxes instead of putting them in challenging content which is insulting.

If you really don’t see how morally wrong that is, I don’t know what will make you see it.

I was always opposed to the RNG box design, but it wasn’t until now that I started caring. What’s next, putting Tormented weapons in RNG boxes?

How about you make some challenging content that will award you stuff. Instead of having casual numbnuts throw their money at you in the hopes of getting one.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Kain Francois.4328

Your relationship with game developers has in large part changed from “I give you the most fun experience possible in exchange for your money” to “I cleverly trap as much of the experience as possible with cash shop transactions while trying to put in enough fun to keep you around to land on those traps.”

Pretty much this.

This is what happens when companies treat their fans like consumers. And while their fans ARE consumers, they’re still fans. Shouldn’t they deserve a little respect?

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Calm down forum warriors, the skins drop as random loot, you can buy them off TP if you choose to do so.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

I refuse to buy black lion keys on principle, regardless of how nice the skins look. Why don’t they just let you buy a ticket for 800 gems or something, instead of RNG? I guarantee people would buy that. It’s so dumb, and people flushing cash to get them only make the problem worse.

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

Ok, this is enough. I will not support Anet with RNG boxes. I did it last time with $100, but this has gone too far.

The increasingly monetization with lack of decent content is not working out for me.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

Although GW2 has improved graphics/detail I still prefer the GW1 skins. I have seen some more skins that are reminiscent of GW1 items but not to my liking.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Bright.9160

Calm down forum warriors, the skins drop as random loot, you can buy them off TP if you choose to do so.

Ahah. If this proves to be true, my jimmies shall become unrustled.

Pro-tip Anet, might wanna put something like that in the update notes next time, before getting me all riled up, and gasp actually make me care about something.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Lol at the people who supported kiel thinking voting for her would suddenly stop the RNG.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

It’s not about using the skins, I’m fine with that. It’s the fact that they put them in the RNG boxes instead of putting them in challenging content which is insulting.

If you really don’t see how morally wrong that is, I don’t know what will make you see it.

I was always opposed to the RNG box design, but it wasn’t until now that I started caring. What’s next, putting Tormented weapons in RNG boxes?

How about you make some challenging content that will award you stuff. Instead of having casual numbnuts throw their money at you in the hopes of getting one.

Zodiac were some of my favorite skins from gw1. The gw2 zodiacs don’t look as nice but if they put tormented weapons in the rng boxes, i will be kitten ed. It’s bad enough that the zodiacs are in there

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Leuca.5732

Source?

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I like the skins. Not going to go on a BLC rampage though to get them.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Kain Francois.4328

Except the Black Lion Ticket Scraps are designed as a way to pressure people to buy more chests, otherwise their droprate wouldn’t be so low. Many people fall for that trap.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Gregorius.1024

Gregorius.1024

I think people are mad at the weapons and calling them ugly because they don’t look like the old zodiac set. I mean the designs aren’t terrible, being based on the chinese zodiac and from an asian-theme expansion anyways. I guess maybe they could have colored them more like the originals, but the design are fine. oh yeah and rng boxes. Well, what did you expect?

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Ok, this is enough. I will not support Anet with RNG boxes. I did it last time with $100, but this has gone too far.

The increasingly monetization with lack of decent content is not working out for me.

Likewise. This strategy is burning lots of good faith and consumer confidence. I’m not sure the trade-off is worth it in the long run.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

I always wanted for Zodiac Skins to made a comeback in GW2. Finally wish come true! But when I read it its in KITTEN RNG boxes! Thx Anet for screwing my wish!!!! I would buy a couple of this 800gems np! But RNG boxes? Made me almost cry! So freaking sad….

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Zodiac warhorn…. that is all.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

/blows in roosters behind bu-KAWK!

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Source?

They are on the TP right now.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Yup, I agree 100%. Anet even went so far as to infract a post that asked them for the chances of getting the skins. Anet just wants money, money, and more money nowadays. You know, I actually reinstalled Guild Wars 1 and I’ve been playing it instead of GW2. I’m having more fun in 5 minutes for GW1 than I did in 3000 hours for GW2.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Disappointed. They look nothing like GW1 Zodiac Skins. And they’re in RNG Boxes? Rofl. Nope. Not this time.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Ghostt.1293

Ghostt.1293

fire the weapon designer

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

I’ve got to ask- what zodiac did they get these weaps from, cos chinese astrology doesn’t have a zodiac and none of the symbols/animals relate well to western astrology, which DOES have the zodiac…

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Stop. With. The. kittening. RNG.

PLEASE

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: Mendax.9506

Mendax.9506

They are nothing like GW1’ skins… cept shield, maybe. I don’t like them AT ALL.
Rofl, this horn.

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

Most of the weapon skins in gw2 feel like worse reskins of gw1. I won’t be missing anything by not getting the zodiacs in gw2

Zodiac weapon skins!!

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Most of the weapon skins in gw2 feel like worse reskins of gw1. I won’t be missing anything by not getting the zodiacs in gw2

Why does anet like light blue so much. Zodiac in gw1 was a nice dark blue and gold. These look like crap :/

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."