duster (like a feather duster, but no feathers) axe

But we already have a feather duster.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wolfborn_Mace

And ANet has never done reskins.

Zommoros told me a secret

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Zommoros let me in on the fact that he expects to have an item he’s never had before to trade with tomorrow.

Edit 1: I’ll be checking for discovery and giving hints every once in awhile. First one is free The item has nothing to do with minis.

Maybe its the button for the patch to go live?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I hope they are adding the wings that are missing from the Raiment of the Lich outfit as a backpack skin.

I’m pretty sure you hit the nail right on the head.

Posted by: Brawldennis.4380

Brawldennis.4380

Edit 1: I’ll be checking for discovery and giving hints every once in awhile. First one is free The item has nothing to do with minis.

Sounds like we’ll be able to throw in those lvl 20 scrolls, the no mini moght be a reference to the jenna that came in the present with it.

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Sounds like we’ll be able to throw in those lvl 20 scrolls, the no mini moght be a reference to the jenna that came in the present with it.

I don’t think so. I think that reply had to do with someone mentioning the Halloween Minis and the forge.

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

I tried everything in my weak inventory and so far azurite crystals and passion flowers form something, need to get my lodestones made but I’ll keep trying

Posted by: John Smith.4610

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

edit 3 (in story form): Lemark wasn’t much of a haggler. the merchant had taken almost every copper he owned, but it was worth it. He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it. He could feel it, sinister…ghostly, it felt weird to hold, but he didn’t care, his journey was one quarter complete.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

edit 3 (in story form): Lemark wasn’t much of a haggler. the merchant had taken almost every copper he owned, but it was worth it. He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it. He could feel it, sinister…ghostly, it felt weird to hold, but he didn’t care, his journey was one quarter complete.

Where’s Edit 2, John? Did the evil skritts take it? =(
“Shinies!”

Also, since it’s one quarter complete, I guess it’s a Gift of Something after all. =3

(edited by Yoroiookami.3485)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

his journey was one quarter complete.

Precursor hunt, finally?!?!

Posted by: Skarg.6834

Skarg.6834

Based on Edit 3:
Have to throw four things in MF to get something back. So likely an item that will fill 1/4th of a MF recipe.
The not a haggler could suggest it is something that could be bought off TP, but Lemark was someone that did not want to deal with haggling on TP.
Can be bought from an NPC merchant.

Tempted to say the new item is something that could be included in a MF attempt to make it a slam dunk that a precursor would pop out of MF. Mainly because of the reference to “no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies” which would be other exotic weapons, some sharing the skins, popping out instead of desired one.

Edit: Could also be something that fulfills the spot of Precursor like a super charged Mystic Stone

Posted by: Drakth.1875

Drakth.1875

Ghastly Grinning Shield maybe? :P

Posted by: Skarg.6834

Skarg.6834

After a bit more thought could be a MF recipe for the first year Halloween skins as well.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Ghastly Grinning Shield maybe? :P

Seconded.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

4 legs in, 1 laughing madking puppet out.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

We do know the following clues:

1. It’s something Zomorros has never had before, suggesting the output item is a completely new item or one that hasn’t been droppable before.

2. His “Lemark” clue suggests that one of the four input items is purchased from a merchant, and that it’s “ghostly”.

3. Minis are not part of the inputs.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

The clue also suggested to me that the item is something that is unique in lore. Maybe one of the ascended accessories from laurel vendor?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

2. His “Lemark” clue suggests that one of the four input items is purchased from a merchant, and that it’s “ghostly”.

And costly (it took Lemark’s whole gold to purchase it)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Did anyone notice the scarecrow staff one of the event ghosts in town is wielding?

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

We do know the following clues:

1. It’s something Zomorros has never had before, suggesting the output item is a completely new item or one that hasn’t been droppable before.

3. Minis are not part of the inputs.

Nice work, keep it up!

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

So the first of four items is “sinister… ghostly” and comes from a merchant.

My mind goes towards the Ascalon Catacombs dungeon merchant. Mind goes to Offering of Ascalon or Gift of Ascalon.

However, I wonder if the “no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies” is part of it. Is there an item easily mistaken for another that is sold by a merchant?

The mention of copper may indicate it’s something bought with gold, not other forms of currency (e.g., karma, dungeon tokens, geodes).

How much of that hint… is a hint?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Follow up: the mentioning of copper isn’t intended as additional information.

Zaxares.5419

Oh. That does indeed broaden the possible sources then. Bit misleading there, John.

Amurond.4590

I like the Gift of Ascalon line of thought. I don’t like the idea of buying it just to find out, though :p

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Ol’ Lemark sure wasn’t buying gems then. Lol. (tho not really)

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Based on the fact that you use the word “ghostly”, “merchant”, and then clarified that copper is not involved (possibly implying karma), my way-too-obvious-to-be-right guess is that the first item is ghostly doubloon from the karma merchant in bloodtide.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Mattsta.8694

Mattsta.8694

I like the Gift of Ascalon line of thought. I don’t like the idea of buying it just to find out, though :p

I had a Gift of Ascalon gathering dust in my bank. Zommoros won’t even look at it.

Posted by: sephard.2470

sephard.2470

Ghostly.
Merchant.
Copper is not involved.
“[…] no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it.”

Sounds a) like either Sohotin or Magdaer, since those are the swords who were being copied by the Ascalonians becaus of their prestige.
b) the Scepter of Orr? Her ‘sister’ … ?

Those are just some ideas. Don’t take them too seriously.

Posted by: LumpOfCole.4701

LumpOfCole.4701

Ghostly Doubloon (both Rare and Masterwork) does fit into the Mystic Forge, but I can’t find anything that goes with it.

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Stop faux-guessing and get in early on the REAL answer:

Infinite Continue Coin + Box o’ Fun + 250 Thin Leather + 250 Bloodstone Dust = Portable Super Adventure Box

Just checked, cannot put infinite continue coin in the toilet.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

Ghostly Doubloon (both Rare and Masterwork) does fit into the Mystic Forge, but I can’t find anything that goes with it.

so far only thing ive found that will combine with these are mystic forge stones…

Posted by: Taury.7108

Taury.7108

I’m holding my breath for an item that lets you exchange gold to gems freely as before. C’mon Zomorros, I believe in you!

Kahrgan.7401

so far only thing ive found that will combine with these are mystic forge stones…

It only goes with the green version of the doubloon, not the blue.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

(edited by Kahrgan.7401)

Posted by: xBuffx.2964

xBuffx.2964

is this about how to get the pillowcase for the collections acheivment?

Kahrgan.7401

is this about how to get the pillowcase for the collections acheivment?

No, you get pillowcases from trick or treat bags.

Zaxares.5419

I think you can throw any kind of karma-bought gear into the Forge in order to get a random item back. However, only items within the same level range and tier will be matched up, so if that item was, say, level 56, you can’t mix it with a level 80 blue accessory and a level 30 green accessory. They would all need to be greens near level 56.

Still, let’s not discount it entirely. It does seem to be in keeping with the theme of Halloween, after all.

Amurond.4590

Yeah the Ghostly Doubloon can be thrown in with other accessories.

Posted by: Sarasv.8962

Sarasv.8962

I had already guessed it has something to do with a doubloon since the only thing copper was the copper doubloon. It couldn’t be a merchant because merchants rarely ever sell items like the teleport gun in timberline falls.

Second it took all his gold, doesn’t necessarily mean it was by TP which left me to believe it was a karma merchant since I know very few normal merchant vendors who take coin use gold as an increment. The other thing I knew was “ghostly” which had to be ghostly doubloon and is the only item in the game with it in it’s name. The copper part of adding no additional information was pretty much a give away that cemented the idea.

When I put the mystic forge stone in my inventory and the doubloon into the forge it gave no grey.

Now I’m thinking of recipes that use doubloons and what they use. So the next item up from a green is a rare. If by throwing these items into the forge it will go up to the next tier.

So. What other recipes use doubloons?
Discipline Jeweler Req.
Ingredients
1 Pile of Shimmering Dust
2 Silver Doubloon

Most doubloon recipes create runes.

except a gift recipe which uses 250 silver doubloons:

1 Gift of the Forgeman
250 Steel Ingot
150 Molten Lodestone
250 Silver Doubloon

To make Quicksilver.

Then you have:
1 Pile of Glittering Dust
1 Tiger’s Eye Pebble
1 Copper Doubloon

That creates a sunstone nugget.

Maybe this recipe is creating a jeweler artifact.
And if it is, perhaps it uses crystalline dust, a green stone, mystic forge stone, ectoplasm, etc.

The Foefire weapons use:
Eldritch Scroll
A Gift
And Orichalcum…..

It’s maybe a recipe this is creating or an actual item? Speculations. At the forge trying different combinations~

Zaxares.5419

Have people tried putting in any of the new Halloween items into the Forge? Stuff like the Batwinged Tonic or the Maize Balm?

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Have people tried putting in any of the new Halloween items into the Forge? Stuff like the Batwinged Tonic or the Maize Balm?

they don’t work in the forge.

Sarasv.8962

What I do know:

Only tier 6 jewel we know is the Azurite Orb/Azurite Crystal which are only found in the molten dredge base fractal from the mythril ore nodes.

I know that the recipe for an exotic jewel is:
1 Orichalcum Filigree
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
1 Azurite Orb

then there’s
1 Mithril Filigree
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
5 Azurite Crystal

that makes a rare. who knows. maybe start just chucking stones in?…
or maybe oricalchum weapon components?

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

maybe its a cape, would be about kitten time we got capes

Kahrgan.7401

Bet you its the celestial exotic accessories and “orbs”. I hope I’m wrong, because that would be ultra-lame.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

“He was positive this time, no more fakes, no more copies, forgeries or lies, this was it.”\
This line could simply be supplementary information reinforcing the idea that it’s a vendor-only item by saying it is not a craftable item.

I would also think that the “spent every copper” line would indicate that it is a vendor that sells things for coin, not karma or candycorn. But then John said the copper line “isn’t additional information”… which is a bit confusing and might throw that idea out the window.

Sarasv.8962

Thats the other thing I was wondering too, no fakes, no forgeries, or lies. The only way something like this would be “legit” is if this were a CRAFTABLE item. Very interesting…why not. Maybe you craft it, then throw it in the forge.

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

i think it might be a Gold-to- Gems Convertion-o-tron, that works for converting coin to gems in quantities of 1

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Kahrgan.7401

Thats the other thing I was wondering too, no fakes, no forgeries, or lies. The only way something like this would be “legit” is if this were a CRAFTABLE item. Very interesting…why not. Maybe you craft it, then throw it in the forge.

I think the post was referencing the event you do before the karma vendor gets unlocked, they drop cursed amulets or something, and the ghostly doubloon is on the merchant. Wild guess…

Amurond.4590

I had already guessed it has something to do with a doubloon since the only thing copper was the copper doubloon. It couldn’t be a merchant because merchants rarely ever sell items like the teleport gun in timberline falls.

Second it took all his gold, doesn’t necessarily mean it was by TP which left me to believe it was a karma merchant since I know very few normal merchant vendors who take coin use gold as an increment. The other thing I knew was “ghostly” which had to be ghostly doubloon and is the only item in the game with it in it’s name. The copper part of adding no additional information was pretty much a give away that cemented the idea.

When I put the mystic forge stone in my inventory and the doubloon into the forge it gave no grey.

Now I’m thinking of recipes that use doubloons and what they use. So the next item up from a green is a rare. If by throwing these items into the forge it will go up to the next tier.

So. What other recipes use doubloons?
Discipline Jeweler Req.
Ingredients
1 Pile of Shimmering Dust
2 Silver Doubloon

Most doubloon recipes create runes.

except a gift recipe which uses 250 silver doubloons:

1 Gift of the Forgeman
250 Steel Ingot
150 Molten Lodestone
250 Silver Doubloon

To make Quicksilver.

Then you have:
1 Pile of Glittering Dust
1 Tiger’s Eye Pebble
1 Copper Doubloon

That creates a sunstone nugget.

Maybe this recipe is creating a jeweler artifact.
And if it is, perhaps it uses crystalline dust, a green stone, mystic forge stone, ectoplasm, etc.

The Foefire weapons use:
Eldritch Scroll
A Gift
And Orichalcum…..

It’s maybe a recipe this is creating or an actual item? Speculations. At the forge trying different combinations~

The Ghostly doubloon is an accessory. It will go in the forge with other accessories (and other trinkets too? can’t remember how that works). There is nothing new about this. A mystic forge stone can act as an accessory in this instance. You’ll notice if you buy the Frog in a Jar item from the same merchant, it can be put into the forge with the doubloon – because they’re both accessories.

As said above, that’s not to say rule it out, but remember it works just like any other piece of gear.

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Might be looking too deep into this, but a thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Zommoros-told-me-a-secret-Spoiler-free-link/first#post4503998
was made by John as a spoiler-free edition of this thread.
What’s interesting about it though is that it’s the only place I can find where he talks about edit #2 (unless I’m simply missing it, though I’ve looked through this thread and haven’t found it). This is all he said about edit 2:
“edit 2 is referencing this thread existing.”

Additionally, at the beginning of this new, spoiler free thread he writes:
“In case anyone wants to try to find the item without spoilers and just hints I’ll be keep a locked copy of the thread here where I’ll post the hints:”
Perhaps “locked copy” is related to the item we’re looking for? One of our hints mentions “no more copies”, so are we looking for an vendor item that’s “locked” in some way? either the item itself or the process of “unlocking” the vendor who sells the item?

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

3.5-4 Story continues:
(2 days later)
Lemark sprinted down the alleyway, an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable, but this wasn’t his first time. He slowed for a moment to glance behind him, merchants still chasing with guards closely behind them. He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today, but he wasn’t going to lose what he had to the muddy waters of the bay.

(edited by John Smith.4610)

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Wait. So Lemark stole what he just spent “every copper” on?

Edit: Nice edit john.

(edited by Pennry.9215)