saventis.1485

no this is the second part

Zommoros told me a secret

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

3.5-4 Story continues:
(2 days later)
Lemark sprinted down the alleyway, an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable, but this wasn’t his first time. He slowed for a moment to glance behind him, merchants still chasing with guards closely behind them. He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today, but he wasn’t going to lose what he had to the muddy waters of the bay.

Muddy waters of the bay, which suggests it’s bordering the ocean. Lion’s Arch is probably what’s meant, but hmm.

Worth noting the case in question was not what he was working to steal but seems to suggest a map or scroll case. And is important enough to make sure he didn’t drop it. It might be what was purchased the first time . . .

And “sensitive about their heritage” seems strange if it’s Lion’s Arch – there’s not a singular heritage to that place these days.

A little to . . . everyday? Spoons, huh? Or is it more exotic and is a FORK?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

He tried to steal Elonian Wine from an Elonian merchant, and got busted.

Posted by: Stealth Merc.4532

Stealth Merc.4532

Muddy waters of the bay, which suggests it’s bordering the ocean. Lion’s Arch is probably what’s meant, but hmm.

Worth noting the case in question was not what he was working to steal but seems to suggest a map or scroll case. And is important enough to make sure he didn’t drop it. It might be what was purchased the first time . . .

And “sensitive about their heritage” seems strange if it’s Lion’s Arch – there’s not a singular heritage to that place these days.

Well if it is Lion’s Arch, he could be running from the Tengu that are near the Shuttered Gate.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well if it is Lion’s Arch, he could be running from the Tengu that are near the Shuttered Gate.

He stole the missing spoon from the collection: Tengu Spoon. (Looks like a spork.)

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Could be Divinity Reach, its bordered by water on every side except that which we have access to, and is much more particular about its heritage.

EDIT: Wait, what about the Wizard’s Fief?
EDIT EDIT: Also, Quetzal Bay, sanguine Bay, teresetto bay, and the unreachable sorrows bay.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I can confirm!! She does drop from normal ToT bags. Took me 4500+, but she dropped! Thanks everyone who helped!

. . . what?

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

“an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable”

I wonder if this is a hint to where he was running in or just part of the story. Is there a place where you would find garbage?

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I can confirm!! She does drop from normal ToT bags. Took me 4500+, but she dropped! Thanks everyone who helped!

Im assuming this is the wronnngggg thread. and im assuming you are talking about the ghost wolf as well.

“an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable”

I wonder if this is a hint to where he was running in or just part of the story. Is there a place where you would find garbage?

The slums in DA? OH the sewers in LA

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Sarasv.8962

Sarasv.8962

Every single “BAY”
——
Steamspur Bay is east of the Steamspur Mountains.
Sawtooth Bay in Southsun with Privateer’s Moorage POI
The Janthir Bay is the sea to the far north of Kryta and the Maguuma Jungle.
Ventry Bay is an area within Caledon Forest.
Quetzal Bay is main body of water in Caledon Forest
Slade’s Bay POI at Brigantine Isles.
Terzetto Bay in the Straits of Devastation.
Mirror Bay at the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance
Whisper Bay at Malchor’s Leap
Sanguine Bay in Bloodtide Coast.
Bay Haven POI at Sandycove Beach. In Caledon Forest.
Necrolith Bay in Caledon Forest.
Sorrow’s Bay in Lion’s Arch. With Eastern Pyramid POI.
Ehmry Bay “somewhere” in Tyria.

Now it can’t be any of the Caledon areas, aka Sylvari homelands because they’re a new race. I am unsure of Orr but I highly doubt it as well, that it would be an area that has lost histories about it. Therefore it has to be any of the “Lionguard” posts/areas, as the free people of Lion’s Arch would be “sensitive about their heritage.” Thinking caps on~.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

OK, so the second item is a “scroll” of some kind. And it sounds like it’s located in a town that’s near a bay. (The mud suggests that it’s an actual bay too, not just a name.)

Sarasv.8962

Eastern Pyramid is a point of interest within Sorrow’s Bay.
NOTE:
Only accessible during The Battle of Claw Island and Retribution.
This POI is outside the instance and is awarded upon entering the instance.

But in the wiki it says that Sorrow’s Bay is an area where ships come and go from LA. Perhaps then it’s near this area, start looking through allies and slums haha

Posted by: ShibakiBarrows.2458

ShibakiBarrows.2458

Sorry guys, yeah, wrong thread, two tabs open at once, my feeble mind got confused. Try checking which bays have the Order of Whispers stationed nearby. A scroll and heritage (Someone assumed it could be Elonian, which also matches) definitely screams Whispers, especially if they seem to get easily outraged over something most would think was small. The “an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable,” quote is likely a reference to him slipping in a gutter, not much more. We should probably focus on the usage of “alleyway” as well, seeing as that’s not something awfully common in the cities of Tyria. My best bet is Garrenhoff. It has an Arcane Eye base, was involved in the whispers campaign, encompasses a small harbor/bay, and is loomed over by a ridiculously sketchy Wizard’s Tower.

Labjax.2465

“He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage.”

This seems to imply that the item is both somewhat generic and perhaps named in some special way pertaining to the culture in question and its heritage.

Just posting thoughts as they come.

Or words to that effect.

Sarasv.8962

I swam around under lion’s Gate at the POI after diving down into the water there and I found a long underwater passage – gonna follow it and tell you if I find anything lol this is fun, exploring and thinking and trying to figure out the clues.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Except it sounds more like the item is in someone’s possession, not under water. But how would you get it? Maybe an event item?
Or those lost heirlooms from la attack?

Sarasv.8962

yah but its interesting how many networks/caves/hidden caverns there are in LA.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hmm..there’s a Mysterious Fog down in the sewers under LA. When you talk to it/him/her, you say (as an Asura, anyway) ‘What happened to you?’ It isn’t you that says this, but the Fog, as it turns out.

Then the Mysterious Fog disappears, and you can ‘Interact’, and do the picking up animation, but my character didn’t seem to pick anything up. Strange….

Edit: After Mysterious Fog passes a particular place, a ‘Suspicious Area’ (or Suspicious something) appears, and that is what you can interact with, and subsequently do the ‘picking up’ animation. Still picked up nothing that I can see…

More edits: The ‘Mysterious Fog’ says different things if you follow it/him/her…one of which is ‘Wanna play?’, giving the impression it is a child.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Sarasv.8962

I found some pirates I think and they mentioned being robbed by skritt, now going back to the story, Lenmark said he gave the merchant all his copper. Sounds like a skritt thing to do and we were never told if the merchant was human. Not to mention the skritt took these pirates cave….hmm? idek…

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

has anyone tried the ghostly spineguard yet? if its a back item, like people wnt, makes sense that a back item is needed o craft it.. IF its a back item

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Labjax.2465

has anyone tried the ghostly spineguard yet? if its a back item, like people wnt, makes sense that a back item is needed o craft it.. IF its a back item

Just checked it out. Ghostly Spineguard doesn’t show up in forge at all, so looks like that’s a no.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: Darkmorphos.1530

Darkmorphos.1530

Hmm..there’s a Mysterious Fog down in the sewers under LA. When you talk to it/him/her, you say (as an Asura, anyway) ‘What happened to you?’ It isn’t you that says this, but the Fog, as it turns out.

Then the Mysterious Fog disappears, and you can ‘Interact’, and do the picking up animation, but my character didn’t seem to pick anything up. Strange….

Edit: After Mysterious Fog passes a particular place, a ‘Suspicious Area’ (or Suspicious something) appears, and that is what you can interact with, and subsequently do the ‘picking up’ animation. Still picked up nothing that I can see…

More edits: The ‘Mysterious Fog’ says different things if you follow it/him/her…one of which is ‘Wanna play?’, giving the impression it is a child.

When I followed the mysterious fog it led me to samson, he was part of the scavenger hunt in 2012 for the mad memoires. When interacting with him he even gave me his piece. Maybe we can get the mad memoires again this year? Or maybe it’s just a bug/remnant from 2012?

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

presumably, if the ghostly dubloon is in fact one of the items, and it’s only the masterwork version that works, all other items must be masterwork also?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Really? It just disappears, when I follow it, at a dead end tunnel. Odd…

And the ‘Suspicious Area’?

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Aren’t the Canthans the ones that are very into their Heritage?

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

When I followed the mysterious fog it led me to samson, he was part of the scavenger hunt in 2012 for the mad memoires. When interacting with him he even gave me his piece. Maybe we can get the mad memoires again this year? Or maybe it’s just a bug/remnant from 2012?

Well… the first ghost is up standing by the Event Coordinator. Requires you to talk to someone from the Priory in LA before she’ll do anything.

Sarasv.8962

So I went to Samson and talked to him. Who says these events happened currently. And wasn’t it the Mad King who left him behind? What if they were in it together? I talked to Samson and it says: The Fog is thick around him, something isn’t right, speak to the Durmond Priory about it.

Notice the Ghostly Doubloon reads:
“This used to be cursed but the Durmand Priory removed it.”
— Professor Maciver

Next is Durmand’s Priory, of course the answer was on the doubloon all along!

Sarasv.8962

After I talked to him, Samson disappeared!

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

Both ghostly doubloons can be thrown in the forge. Source: I bought both and opened the forge.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Sarasv.8962

Speaking to the Priory Agent Huntsley:

Before the attack on Lion’s Arch
Isn’t it amazing? We’re directly over the ruins of Lion’s Arch Keep.
The ruling families of Kryta once held court in these dilapidated walls.
? What’s the Durmand Priory doing in the ruins?
Queen Jennah asked us to recover drowned keepsakes from her family’s lineage.
? Have you discovered anything useful?
Just bits and pieces about the Keep, like its relationship to the Lionguard, and how Durmand himself was viewed by the monarchy.
? Interesting. Good luck with your excavation.

I dunno, just some tidbits on a loose end? Feel free to look.~

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

found something interesting from Sampson. it apparently was available during halloween 2012 as well

part of Mad memoires part 2.

(edited by froacus.6892)

Posted by: Roquen.5406

Roquen.5406

He’s referring to no more RNG for Silver Doubloons,

Combine a ghostly doubloon + copper doubloons + elonian wine + an eldrich scroll and there ya go! That’s the secret.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Where are people finding Samson? I can’t seem to find him anywhere.

Combine a ghostly doubloon + copper doubloons + elonian wine + an eldrich scroll and there ya go! That’s the secret.

Yeah…. nah.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Palm Tiger.8275

Palm Tiger.8275

Mini ghost cub Gwynefyrdd ?

froacus.6892

Where are people finding Samson? I can’t seem to find him anywhere.

Yeah…. nah.

in the sewers under LA, most specifically at the deepest point which is directly below the old TP boat (where the skritt collector currently resides)

Amurond.4590

Oh I went in there and couldn’t see him. Guess I didn’t look hard enough

Labjax.2465

found something interesting from Sampson

How did you get him to talk?

Or words to that effect.

froacus.6892

found something interesting from Sampson

How did you get him to talk?

just waited a bit.

also, its nothing new (unless you weren’t around in 2012). i did some googling.

Labjax.2465

just waited a bit.

also, its nothing new (unless you weren’t around in 2012). i did some googling.

Ah ok.

Or words to that effect.

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I currently have Mad Memoires parts I-III but I can’t seem to get any more of these :/
(got them all this morning)

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Sensitive word somehow reminded me of Tengu race. They are all protective and having guards on gates all the times. Like someone already mentioned it could be that tengu spoon.
Another interesting possibility, there is tengu skill point near caledon forest bay. So even though it don’t drop scroll of knowledge it does give skill points. I might be way off here, but could it be scroll of knowledge.

Gunnar’s Hold

Amurond.4590

just waited a bit.

That doesn’t seem to work… do you need to have done something else first?

Sarasv.8962

So I went back to the place where I started, having bought the ghostly doubloon. The priory woman says: they removed the curse by bathing the cursed artifacts in dawn’s first light. Maybe…now I could be thinking too much, the ghostly doubloon says it was removed. Could it be this recipe uses the gift of light? —- or…dawn, something from Dwayna? I don’t know, maybe I am over thinking it but I’ve also purchased the “ancient Krytan Amulet”.

froacus.6892

just waited a bit.

I honestly don’t know. I did not.

I was just aimlessly exploring and stumbled upon Sampson. Then I followed him to the end of his path and he was available to talk

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Sensitive word somehow reminded me of Tengu race. They are all protective and having guards on gates all the times. Like someone already mentioned it could be that tengu spoon.
Another interesting possibility, there is tengu skill point near caledon forest bay. So even though it don’t drop scroll of knowledge it does give skill points. I might be way off here, but could it be scroll of knowledge.

Think you might be onto something here, or at least, I hope so -anything to do with the Tengu is good.

Amurond.4590

just waited a bit.

I was just aimlessly exploring and stumbled upon Sampson. Then I followed him to the end of his path and he was available to talk

Have you completed the two Halloween instances? Maybe that’s why he doesn’t do anything, I haven’t done the second one yet since it has been disabled.

Posted by: Alcyone.8695

Alcyone.8695

just waited a bit.

Have you completed the two Halloween instances? Maybe that’s why he doesn’t do anything, I haven’t done the second one yet since it has been disabled.

I don’t think you have to have done anything previously—or if you do, you don’t have to have done it this year. I saw the mysterious fog and spoke to him having done no other Halloween-related things this year.

The mysterious fog was only visible for a few seconds, and Samson seems to disappear after a minute or so as well, so you might have to be very on-the-ball about this.

Posted by: smilango.5960

smilango.5960

Just some ideas…

John Smith.4610

edit 2 is referencing this thread existing.

Could simply be thread of some kind – Silk Weaving perhaps?

John Smith.4610

bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today

References to daily crafting?

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Anyone tried found heirlooms?

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

zommoros also told me a secret

“I am rng don’t waste your gold”

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’