Zommoros told me a secret

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

One of the items, as hinted at in clue 7, is definitely Karka Shells (a lot of them) or Ancient Karka Shell.

Though, the mention of Lemark “farming” for 2 months might indicate one of the Karka unique weapons (Arthropoda or Crustacea) might be the component instead. That seems a little out of context though, as an in-game character wouldn’t know or expect a monster to drop an exotic weapon. (at least in my eyes)

I like the idea others have mentioned of the cylindrical case referring to an Eldritch Scroll in clue 4. It might also be a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence, since the Mists match the description of “sinister” or “ghostly.”

Clue 5 sounds like Crystals, lots of them.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

As it stands legendaries aren’t as “legendary” as their precursors are. Precursors and RNG are the number one thing that keeps many people from ever being able to make their legendary. For what it’s worth, that basically just means your precursor should be as valuable as your legendary weapon.

They are RNG but you can still work for them and buy them off the TP.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Ancient Karka shell is Unique.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Ghostunit.4513

Ghostunit.4513

Maybe the pre for this ….

http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vje6ns&s=8#.VEkDwPmsW1R

i dont think so

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Ancient Karka shell is Unique.

Does that mean it can’t be forged? It’s bought with 1000 shells, so it would make sense if Lemark has to slay the entire island to get what he desires.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

@John :

I like this thread : everyone hunts for clues and tries to guess the recipe…

BUT, I hope you’ll make an official announcement of the new item on another thread before someone can guess here the full recipe.

Why ? Because only english speaking players have access to this thread. It would be so unfair if these players could craft it before the french/german/spanish players, especially if we can sell it.

I’m sorry to break all the happiness here, but i had to say it…

(edited by Markus.9084)

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Clinking noises when he moved… something he had to wear? Like a dredge mining suit? What else would make clinking noises when he moved?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Clinking noises when he moved… something he had to wear? Like a dredge mining suit? What else would make clinking noises when he moved?

Armor

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Hope it’s nothing that requires a huge amount o grind like 1k karka shells, or it doesn’t require u to throw every bit of gold u have on this.

This should be about fun not about endless grind-gold sink IMO

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

a few spots in southsun that “clink” when you walk on them similar to the metal floor in black citadel.

Posted by: Skoomagott.6140

Skoomagott.6140

Hope it’s nothing that requires a huge amount o grind like 1k karka shells, or it doesn’t require u to throw every bit of gold u have on this.

-His resolve hardened, one more attempt, he starred at yet another dulled blade, one more chance for results…this wasn’t going to be fun.-
-Two months he’d been here.-

I’m sorry to crush your hopes, but it’s probably something to grind for.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

A slight rumbling forced his attention back to reality as one of the creatures noticed his intrusion. He stared directly at the charging beast. If he had to, he would wipe this entire species off the face of the planet.

Does this mean we will be farming for the item that goes in the Mystic Forge?

Rebound.3409

-His resolve hardened, one more attempt, he starred at yet another dulled blade, one more chance for results…this wasn’t going to be fun.-

Yea i know, was referring to hardcore extremely rare mats grind in a very limited time, kinda of thing.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Yea i know, was referring to hardcore extremely rare mats grind in a very limited time, kinda of thing.

What if the grind is really for skill points….?

Rebound.3409

That’s not impossible honestly. Even if u are low level with just 1 char, u have the labirinth fast levels + tons of scrolls that fall from the bags. Levelups are extremely easy in GW2..and accessible for all.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

I don’t think this is the case but just another idea,

Could the creature he is being attacked by be a sand wurm in the dappled shores area of southsun cove, this would open up different items to put into the forge. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dappled_Shores

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I don’t think this is the case but just another idea,

Could the creature he is being attacked by be a sand wurm in the dappled shores area of southsun cove, this would open up different items to put into the forge. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dappled_Shores

Do they drop anything different? To me they are such a pain in the bum I ignore them.

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

3.5-4 Story continues:
(2 days later)
Lemark sprinted down the alleyway, an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable, but this wasn’t his first time. He slowed for a moment to glance behind him, merchants still chasing with guards closely behind them. He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today, but he wasn’t going to lose what he had to the muddy waters of the bay.

So this clue refers to an item that is somehow linked to a heritage, not necessarily the item itself but the place where it’s held. It seems to either be sold or held/priced by merchants as they are really angry at Lemark, and Lemark apparently felt it was necessary to steal said item. There’s alleyways, blocks and a bay, I’m thinking city by the water. We don’t have a lot of them in Tyria, aside from LA but LA doesn’t have much of blocks, and is 90% destroyed anyway.

Are there any reflective items linking to Cantha in GW2? Lemark doesn’t have to be in Tyria, he could have taken a trip overseas in search of an item (and us players have an alternate way of getting it). He could be running in Kaineng City. It’s far-fetched though, and it could be argued that Kaineng doesn’t really have much of a bay.

Another thought is something relating to Wizard’s Fief or Rata Sum.

Posted by: ShibakiBarrows.2458

ShibakiBarrows.2458

It’s not Wizard’s Fief. I combed the whole area, talked to every NPC and checked with every merchant. None of them sell anything unusual or different from the other merchants around Tyria.

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

3.5-4 Story continues:
(2 days later)
Lemark sprinted down the alleyway, an endeavor likely to leave one examining refuse closer than generally preferable, but this wasn’t his first time. He slowed for a moment to glance behind him, merchants still chasing with guards closely behind them. He was surprised they hadn’t given up, they must be very sensitive about their heritage here, the item itself was a bit too everyday to inspire this kind of rage. “Two more blocks”, he thought to himself, double-checking the sealed, cylindrical case he carried. His attempted thievery had failed, for today, but he wasn’t going to lose what he had to the muddy waters of the bay.

So this clue refers to an item that is somehow linked to a heritage, not necessarily the item itself but the place where it’s held. It seems to either be sold or held/priced by merchants as they are really angry at Lemark, and Lemark apparently felt it was necessary to steal said item. There’s alleyways, blocks and a bay, I’m thinking city by the water. We don’t have a lot of them in Tyria, aside from LA but LA doesn’t have much of blocks, and is 90% destroyed anyway.

Are there any reflective items linking to Cantha in GW2? Lemark doesn’t have to be in Tyria, he could have taken a trip overseas in search of an item (and us players have an alternate way of getting it). He could be running in Kaineng City. It’s far-fetched though, and it could be argued that Kaineng doesn’t really have much of a bay.

Another thought is something relating to Wizard’s Fief or Rata Sum.

I think that by “2 more blocks”, he is referring to the 2 squares left on the Mystic Forge panel.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Two more blocks…

“You’ll never block me like that…” #999
“You’ll never block me like that…” #1000

Ding! Opens mail, claims ultra-ascended accessory Last Nerve Earplugs of Blocking Him Like That.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

My current running summary:

Item #1
- sinister, ghostly
- fit into a cylindrical case
- something you would not want to get wet
- “lies” seems to imply something that can be communicated, not necessarily a thing
- something that can be purchased, expensive
? is haggle important?

ghastly grinning shield
Gift of Ascalon (not available in MF – Mattsta, Skoomagott, blueinfinity)
ghostly doubloon
Ghostly spineguard (not available in MF – Labjax)
Ancient Krytan Amulet
Mad Memories items (do not seem to show in MF- Alcyone)
Bloodstone bricks or dust
Glob of Ectoplasm
dowel
broken flute
Recipe(of what?) (those Myani sells?)
Bottled liquid (of what?)
ghostly tonic
eldritch scroll
bloodstone shard
Elonian wine
ghostly scrap metal
Offering of Ascalon (not available in MF – Skoomagott)
Lost Heirlooms
Gift of Darkness
Gift of Moon
Althea’s Ashes
Gift of Souls
Recipe: Ascalon ghost potion (not available in MF – Black Frog)
Ascalon ghost potion (not available in MF – Black Frog)
Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

Item #2
- an everyday item
- trivial by itself, but many had power
- area he is stealing from has people with a heritage they might feel sensitive about
- lots of merchants and guards around
- water nearby you can get to from a long alleyway
- reflective
- favorite of Zommoros

Elonian wine
mystic coins
crystals

Item #3
- rocky area with geysers
- combat to get item
- creature is “alien, cur”, makes rumbling noise, charges, shelled

? uses a blade to get the item?
? bloodshed important?
? clinking noises related to third item or one of the first two?
? possibly the Brand & not Southsun?

passion flowers
orichalcum dagger blade (or other blade)
karka shells
passion fruit
ancient karka shell (not available in MF – kalarchis, ShibakiBarrows)
orbs
vial of blood, venom sacs
foxfire cluster
Sclerite karka shell (doesn’t combine with mystic coins/eldritch scroll – Atalar)
Anthropoda
Crustacea

Notes:
Superior Sigil of the Night doesn’t combine with karka shells (TheBlackLeech)
Weaponsmith blades do not work with eldritch scroll/mystic coins/vials of powerful blood (Serophous)
Junk items do not work in MF

Posted by: brittitude.1983

brittitude.1983

Also thought this was interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Baptiste_Lamarck

Considering he was noted for applying ideas of evolution, maybe the item is supposed to create a recipe for something like the tempered spinal blades back piece.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tempered_Spinal_Blades

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

The Delaqua Family Blade. Am I rite?

Crystals. Zommoros Loves these….

essence of Luck. His luck changes trivial by itself but with many is power.

karka shells Or ancient karka Carapace. Hes farming Karkas.

Greatsword hilt.. Tryed to steal the Sword but it wasn’t in the hilt but he didn’t want to lose the hilt to the mudy waters of the bay.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

My guess is a recipe for a Mendel dagger. Scroll, Coins, Gift, Shells.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

My current running summary:

Item #1
- sinister, ghostly
- “lies” seems to imply something that can be communicated, not necessarily a thing
- something that can be purchased, expensive
? is haggle important?

ghastly grinning shield
Gift of Ascalon (not available in MF – Mattsta, Skoomagott, blueinfinity)
ghostly doubloon
Ghostly spineguard (not available in MF – Labjax)
Ancient Krytan Amulet
Mad Memories items (do not seem to show in MF- Alcyone)
Bloodstone bricks or dust
Glob of Ectoplasm
dowel
broken flute
Recipe(of what?) (those Myani sells?)
Bottled liquid (of what?)
ghostly tonic
eldritch scroll
bloodstone shard
Elonian wine
ghostly scrap metal
Offering of Ascalon (not available in MF – Skoomagott)
Lost Heirlooms
Gift of Darkness
Gift of Moon
Althea’s Ashes
Gift of Souls
Recipe: Ascalon ghost potion (not available in MF – Black Frog)
Ascalon ghost potion (not available in MF – Black Frog)
Vial of Condensed Mists Essence

Item #2
- an everyday item
- trivial by itself, but many had power
- area he is stealing from has people with a heritage they might feel sensitive about
- lots of merchants and guards around
- water nearby you can get to from a long alleyway
- reflective
- favorite of Zommoros

Elonian wine
mystic coins
crystals

Item #3
- rocky area with geysers
- combat to get item
- creature is “alien, cur”, makes rumbling noise, charges, shelled

? uses a blade to get the item?
? bloodshed important?
? clinking noises related to third item or one of the first two?
? possibly the Brand & not Southsun?

passion flowers
orichalcum dagger blade (or other blade)
karka shells
passion fruit
ancient karka shell (not available in MF – kalarchis, ShibakiBarrows)
orbs
vial of blood, venom sacs
foxfire cluster
Sclerite karka shell (doesn’t combine with mystic coins/eldritch scroll – Atalar)
Anthropoda
Crustacea

Notes:
Superior Sigil of the Night doesn’t combine with karka shells (TheBlackLeech)
Weaponsmith blades do not work with eldritch scroll/mystic coins/vials of powerful blood (Serophous)
Junk items do not work in MF

For item#1:

That can’t be right, those are hints for item#2, as Lemarck does not have to steal something, that he already bought.

Edit: On second thought, I am wrong – he did not want to loose the item he bought 2 days ago when he was chased by the guards.

Sligh.2789

The thing is, you cannot put the original bought delaqua blade skin in the forge and transmuted weapons work as if they were not transmuted.

I realized that and adjusted my note. It may also be upgradable to the dagger no one can find, or it may be that dagger as the outcome, Reaper of Souls. Probably the Gift of the Nobleman, or the currently available Gift of Souls.

(edited by Sligh.2789)

Skoomagott.6140

The thing is, you cannot put the original bought delaqua blade skin in the forge and transmuted weapons work as if they were not transmuted.

I realized that and adjusted my note

That’s why i deleted my postXD The thread is moving too fast for me.

Warlord.9074

Nono he says that he double checked the the cylindical case His attempted thievery had failed. Making u think that there was nothing inside or whatever was inside was fake..

Posted by: Mackanstein.2503

Mackanstein.2503

For item#1:

That can’t be right, those are hints for item#2, as Lemarck does not have to steal something, that he already bought.

Edit: On second thought, I am wrong – he did not want to loose the item he bought 2 days ago when he was chased by the guards.

Could be that he didn’t steal enough as well. He failed cause he didn’t get all he needed but didn’t want to lose that which he actually did manage to get. The wording is “but he wasn’t going to lose what he had”. It could be interpreted as he didn’t want to lose item #1 or as if he didn’t want to lose what little he managed to grab.

I say this mostly because I find it weird he’d bring that cylindrical case with him and not store it somewhere safe if he got it days earlier and was going to do something dangerous. Then again, it’s a story so it doesn’t have to make 100% sense, and maybe he’s homeless/paranoid or something.

It’s possible for both interpretation to work atm.

Skoomagott.6140

Nono he says that he double checked the the cylindical case His attempted thievery had failed. Making u think that there was nothing inside or whatever was inside was fake..

Why would you double check an empty case and even seal it? The cylindric case is most likely the one he bought before. I have nearly no doubt about that.

Posted by: Nelict.7589

Nelict.7589

He double checked to see if the thing inside the case was fine. The thievery had failed. So that day hee didnt retrieve the second item he wanted. I think in the cylindrical case is the “sinister , ghostly , hard-to-find and expensive” item he bought 2 days ago as many others have said and it’s the first item needed for this MF recipe.

So, this narrows the #1 item in a thing that fits in cylindrical case. (Cpt obvious xD)

EDIT: Reading Mackanstein.2503 post, i have to confess that maybe he is right. Maybe he managed to stole a bit but not all. Later on the story tells “But with many, there was power”. So maybe he kept going to the same place over the “productive week” stealing more of the second item he wanted. Its a bit confussing O_o

(edited by Nelict.7589)

Warlord.9074

could be the Royal Ascalonian Greatsword or Gift of Ascalon either way its 1/4 of the recipe.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Current guess: Eldricth scroll, mystic coin, Emerald Orb, (Item 4)

clinking & dull blade = mining? Hoping to get orb? Only fighting to not get eaten?
Zommoros = emerald?

Can’t log in myself to try at the moment.

Posted by: Musha.4025

Musha.4025

Another in-game culture that is sensitive about their heritage is the Zephyrites. What common items do they have that would fit into a cylindrical container?

Aegan – Human Ranger (80)
Leader of the Guardians of Light (GoL)

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

Another in-game culture that is sensitive about their heritage is the Zephyrites. What common items do they have that would fit into a cylindrical container?

Aspect Crystals..? Although their commonness may be debatable…especially with (at least) 3 of their ships having crashed in Dry Top as of late.

Warlord.9074

After carefully re reading. We are now 3/4s of the way through the recipie. See attached screenshot for the clues.

Attachments:

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

I have a wild guess, that doesn’t even convince myself, but who knows:

I see a pattern around the idea of blood

• Heritage (blood is heritage)
  • an everyday item could mean an item of lower quality, easier to get, but then with many, you get power. Doesn’t blood get powerful when you upgrade it to the next tier?
  • the clinking (of flasks?), the bloodshed, the being bloody and sore.
  • Not particularly Zommoros favorite, but since it’s used on so many recipes and how important it is, maybe he does like it?

Maybe Lemark is a vampire, stealing blood from the poor merchants of Lion’s Arch.
My imagination went a bit wild with this.

Why is Zommoros referred as Zomorros in the story? is there an explanation for this?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

So I’m still thinking: Eldritch Scroll, Mystic Coin, and Karka Shells.
But until we get another hint, and I can get a chance to log on, its still just speculation.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Skoomagott.6140

I have a wild guess, that doesn’t even convince myself, but who knows:

I see a pattern around the idea of blood

• Heritage (blood is heritage)
  • an everyday item could mean an item of lower quality, easier to get, but then with many, you get power. Doesn’t blood get powerful when you upgrade it to the next tier?
  • the clinking (of flasks?), the bloodshed, the being bloody and sore.
  • Not particularly Zommoros favorite, but since it’s used on so many recipes and how important it is, maybe he does like it?

Maybe Lemark is a vampire, stealing blood from the poor merchants of Lion’s Arch.
My imagination went a bit wild with this.

Why is Zommoros referred as Zomorros in the story? is there an explanation for this?

Interesting. I doubt there is a connection but, still, interesting guess. ‘Zomorros’ is probably just a mistake, don’t worry about it.

Posted by: induction.3046

induction.3046

Item 1:
Sounds like Eldritch Scroll

Item 2:
My bet is on Mystic Coins

Item 3:
I’m thinking powerful blood, emphasis on “especially tired of the never-ending bloodshed”

Item 4:
?????

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Already thought that, forgot to post results.

Neither the regular crystals or the once a day ones can go into the forge.

Hoping we get another clue soon, then a whole “you guys are close, or got one right, etc…”

Edit: you can forge Glints scale, which is sorta cylinder like. That takes crystals, scroll, coins, and wine. But would it be used in the mysterious, I dont know

(edited by Serophous.9085)

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

You know who is really sensitive and protective of their culture? The Tengu. Is there anything Tengu-related that would be viable?

This is a really cool idea. Maybe the cylindrical container might be a quiver, and the item an arrow? /shrug

Sligh.2789

250 Ori dagger blades, 250 shells, coins and a scroll, =reaper of souls?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I think we’re all in agreement that the latest area is Southsun Cove. Looking at the wiki, I found this item http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancient_Karka_Shell which requires 1000 karka shells. “If he had to, he would wipe this entire species off the face of the planet.” Maybe he’s trying to acquire 1000 karka shells to buy the item. Anyhow, it just reminded me of a friend who was recently complaining about the amount of time he was spending farming for karka shells. So, either the Ancient Karka Shell or simply karka shells for the third item.

Second possibility: “one more attempt, he stared at yet another dulled blade, one more chance for results,” could be referring to a harvesting sickle, and to only one more node/one more respawn of nodes before dark. “A slight rumbling forced his attention back to reality as one of the creatures noticed his intrusion,” indicates that he isn’t purposely killing these beasts, pointing my mind to harvesting. The only node unique to Southsun is the Passiflora.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I did find out that I can put the enchanted key in the mystic forge for some reason. But that one isn’t tied to any of the hints here it seems. :/

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Second possibility: “one more attempt, he stared at yet another dulled blade, one more chance for results,” could be referring to a harvesting sickle, and to only one more node/one more respawn of nodes before dark. “A slight rumbling forced his attention back to reality as one of the creatures noticed his intrusion,” indicates that he isn’t purposely killing these beasts, pointing my mind to harvesting. The only node unique to Southsun is the Passiflora.

If this is the case, then it might be passion flower we are looking at since, outside of blooming passiflora, there is only a “chance” for the flower while fruit is from both regular and blooming every time. Of course, harvesting doesnt necessarily tie in with all the bloodshed. Unless of course, its really karka shells AND passion flowers.

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

Ancient Karka Shell also a no-go. Doesn’t even appear in the forge.

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

So far I thought of Glob of Ectoplasm, Mystic Coin and Karka Shell, but they cannot be put together in they Mystic Toilet. >.<

Posted by: minfaer.2796

minfaer.2796

I do think the merchant taking almost his last copper is a clear hint that the item can be bought for large amounts of gold (as part of the price, maybe also laurels or…), the Eldritch Scroll is only available for skill points.

About the other thing: I just thought of an instant repair canister. They are cylindrical, and you can get them with the daily (everyday item, not sure, so "after a series of failures his luck had turned). Plus, you can only steal them from the Black Lion Trading Company, and if you stole fom THEM, Anet would chase you all over Tyria to ban you.
Sadly, you still can’t put them in the forge.

So, for part 2 I agree that coins are the best bet for all the reasons that were already discussed, which would mean the cylinder is part one. What ghostly cylinder are we missing?

(edited by minfaer.2796)