in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Crafting tables first.

add sharks to the guilded hollow hall

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Having sharks there wouldn’t make much sense.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Not sure why it wouldn’t make much sense, but surely there’s many things better that could be added to the guilds hall.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree. Pointless. What would we gain from it to justify asking devs to do the work putting them in.

(Pushes thread into forum shark filled water. Walks away while the thread tries frantically to swim to shore).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ayrilana.1396

Not sure why it wouldn’t make much sense, but surely there’s many things better that could be added to the guilds hall.

It’s an underground lake with no real way to rationalize how they got there in the first place. Very few sharks can live in freshwater and even then, they’re typically in freshwater connected to oceans such as rivers or an adjacent lake.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

you guys complaining there cant be sharks in a mystical underground cave are silly , you do realize this is a game and its not 1:1 game real world , if you want an answer how can shark be in the guild halls then the answer is MAGIC , and if you are still confused the answer is again magic, the sharks seem a minor cool thing i dont see you complaining about the buble glider now do it ?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Not every change needs to be useful.

I wouldn’t have thought it’d take very long to add some sharks – they already have several different shark models in the game, they already have the animations and everything programmed in, the water is already there. All they’d need to do is set the game to spawn them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

There’s only so many dev hours in a day. There’s only so much money in the budget, Everything we ask devs to do costs them in time and money. Everything they work on is time taken away from working on something else. (Even just adding sharks somewhere takes someone to do it). If people ask devs to add or remove something then they need more argument than it would be cool. Lots of things would be cool but the costs means that they can’t be put in.

So, what is your argument to convince the devs to spend the time and money to add sharks? (Besides cool). Remember, they’re busy making an expansion and the next part of the Living Story so it has to be good enough to pull a dev from his already full plate of work to what you’re asking for.

ANet may give it to you.

Ayrilana.1396

you guys complaining there cant be sharks in a mystical underground cave are silly , you do realize this is a game and its not 1:1 game real world , if you want an answer how can shark be in the guild halls then the answer is MAGIC , and if you are still confused the answer is again magic, the sharks seem a minor cool thing i dont see you complaining about the buble glider now do it ?

Just like how Rytlock learned how to be rev by “magic” or anything else that you want to use that argument towards. It’s a bit ridiculous to use a catch all argument to justify whatever you want.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

The anti posts are a little harsh. There is no indication that it is not salt water, there is a black lion shipwreck so there is access to the outside world. Developer time is something for developers to decide.
Personally I would love to have more animals and water creatures in the guild halls.

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

Could use a huge fishtank as decoration. Everybody be cool – you! – be cool!

let me entertain you

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Sharks would be cool, as would dolphins.

Even cooler… Change the guy you donate mats to in the guild hall into a fountain and have a shark jump out and bite off your left arm when you interact with it.

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

Whales to…. Whales

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Add fishing to guild halls…….

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Everything in life can be improved by adding sharks!

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Aer.3970

Aer.3970

It’s an underground lake with no real way to rationalize how they got there in the first place. Very few sharks can live in freshwater and even then, they’re typically in freshwater connected to oceans such as rivers or an adjacent lake.

There’s a Veteran shark in the pool at the bottom of the Behem Gauntlet cave. It’s been there for 4 years now, so clearly the water is not a problem. I assume it uses players who aren’t good with jumping puzzles as a food source.

FrizzFreston.5290

The water in gilded hollow is not unconnected. There’s many sharks that live in underground water in Tyria already anyway. Gendarran Fields JP, Behem Gauntlet, Vexas Lab and Swashbucklers cove, and many other seemingly unconnected smaller lakes.

There’s always a reason one can come up with in a fictional and magical world.

Like an upgrade where you can place real wildlife in the guild hall as living decorations.

MarkoNS.3261

There’s only so many dev hours in a day. There’s only so much money in the budget, Everything we ask devs to do costs them in time and money. Everything they work on is time taken away from working on something else. (Even just adding sharks somewhere takes someone to do it). If people ask devs to add or remove something then they need more argument than it would be cool. Lots of things would be cool but the costs means that they can’t be put in.

So, what is your argument to convince the devs to spend the time and money to add sharks? (Besides cool). Remember, they’re busy making an expansion and the next part of the Living Story so it has to be good enough to pull a dev from his already full plate of work to what you’re asking for.

you do realize this is only your opinion and not everyone agrees with you , the devs should do things becasue it would be "cool"from time to time , adding a few sharks maybe an champ kill event like a megalodong in guild halls wouldt be to hard and would be cool.

Just a flesh wound.3589

you do realize this is only your opinion and not everyone agrees with you , the devs should do things becasue it would be "cool"from time to time , adding a few sharks maybe an champ kill event like a megalodong in guild halls wouldt be to hard and would be cool.

Yah?

Well good luck then getting a dev to quit what they’re doing to add sharks, without any compelling argument as to why they should do so.

ANet may give it to you.

MarkoNS.3261

Yah?

Well good luck then getting a dev to quit what they’re doing to add sharks, without any compelling argument as to why they should do so.

i would call you something but i dont want to get banned again on forums if you want to talk about this further do you want to join me on discord serv ?

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah?

i would call you something but i dont want to get banned again on forums if you want to talk about this further do you want to join me on discord serv ?

Naw.

If you are unable to continue a civil discussion because I told you that extremely busy people need a good reason to add more work to their pile, but instead want to go somewhere to say things that forum rules forbid, why should I want to listen to that?

But good luck in getting your sharks.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yah?

Naw.

If you are unable to continue a civil discussion because I told you that extremely busy people need a good reason to add more work to their pile, but instead want to go somewhere to say things that forum rules forbid, why should I want to listen to that?

It sounded like he was trying to “call you out” for a fight really. Which is both ridiculous and sad.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

If they add sharks, they should be able to shoot lasers from their foreheads during GvG invasions.

But if we can’t get sharks that shoot frickin’ laser beams from their foreheads, could we at least get some ill-tempered sea bass?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yah?

Naw.

It sounded like he was trying to “call you out” for a fight really. Which is both ridiculous and sad.

Or probably like the poster said take it to a different forum where the black knight would not report them for being off topic?

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

There’s a shark in the waters of my Guild’s hall.

When I AFK in it on my Ranger. :^)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

FrizzFreston.5290

Yah?

Obviously with subjective matters like this, some people might find it not fun not cool or whatever. But I’m pretty sure that many developers in a game wants to add things to the game they find cool.

Some people want things to be realistic and make perfect sense (which they believe to be cool), some people like ridiculous things like a bow that shoots unicorns. There is very little ELSE than the argument that “I find this or that cool” So I’m not sure what you’re trying to say with a compelling argument besides cool.

(Not that I disagree that the suggestion is a bit limited in entertainment value, I did suggest to widen it beyond just sharks, plus now OP said something like a shark-event which really is just another version of many other suggestions of adding events to guild halls. But there’s really no other reason necessary besides being cool)

Dev-time allocation discussions are a bit pointless btw. It could be basically said for every suggestion that it shouldn’t be added because it takes time to do so.

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

If you really want to make your Guild Hall waters dangerous, add piranhas. They’ll take out any shark with no problems.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m going to suggest rapidly respawning packs of pocket raptors for the guild halls then, and make them able to swim also.

I think they would be cool.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’m going to suggest rapidly respawning packs of pocket raptors for the guild halls then, and make them able to swim also.

Oh, Pocket Raptors with with piranhas strapped to their backs!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

FrizzFreston.5290

Hence I was suggesting any wildlife as respawning live decoration. :p

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Oh, Pocket Raptors with with piranhas strapped to their backs!

And they should be able to shoot surface to air guided piranhas with range 3000!

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

well, don’t know what it connects to, but in the SE and SW corners and west wall there are openings for where the sharks could have come from

Attachments:

(edited by preacher.9370)

Ayrilana.1396

I’ll concede on the shark thing but only if I can have pet skritt in mine.