anybody getting bored of open-w-pve?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ralistu.1965

Ralistu.1965

all you have to do is do as i did.. (mind you this was 10 months ago and i SHOULD have at the least, logged in to unlock the last 3 ls mission, but yeah)

I logged in for the first time in 10 months.. yesterday. I’ve been playing Elder Scrolls: Online.

I was standing in L.A. 100% confused and loved it. I have a bag full of halloween stuff lmao

The Tyrians (TT) – Darkhaven (U.S.)
Ralistu (Mesmer)/Ikotag (Thief)/Shonek Alcazia (Ele)

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

The expansion can’t come to soon for me.

What would the definition of soon for Anet? 2016 or 2017? Kids are back in school now, college starting soon, next thing you know it would be christmas. Hence…the lack of details on the release date. Anet is not even confident about their expansion enough to give it a date. That’s why I think the earliest is first quarter of 2016.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

For most people Open world content has been boring for the better part of 2 years.

Which makes me question why they play MMOs to begin with. Sure their PvE content is ~boring from the get-go, but then their content game-wise isn’t the point of the genre.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The expansion can’t come to soon for me.

What would the definition of soon for Anet? 2016 or 2017? Kids are back in school now, college starting soon, next thing you know it would be christmas. Hence…the lack of details on the release date. Anet is not even confident about their expansion enough to give it a date. That’s why I think the earliest is first quarter of 2016.

How would I know what too soon is for ANet. That’s not relevant. I’m talking about how today wouldn’t be to soon for me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I dabble in all game modes (PvX), but I also add something to the game on my OWN, which has helped my boredom!

ROLE PLAYING!

Yes, trust me, role playing adds so much more to a MMORPG, because you actually act as your character, develop a story, and even travel Tyria, in a whole new way when you incorporate roleplaying. I have gone on many adventures with other Roleplayers during my time in Tyria, and let me tell you, without RPing, id be bored by now. You see the game differently than just grind, grind, grind. Sadly lots of people in GW2 and other MMOs are GRIND ZOMBIES and do not realize that by Roleplaying and getting in touch with your character, do you really open up other exciting ways to play a MMORPG.

We should rp, i wanna try! :P

I do not RP (I suppose I should look if any of my guilds do it) but give each one of my characters a distinct personality. For example, if I took my warrior to fight Teq she would wind up with a kill-me-now attitude. I am not talking builds, I am talking personalities.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

It’d be cool if they revisited the old maps to change some the standard map events for newer ones to indicate the passage of the past 3 years while still maintaining play-ability for new players.

I kinda like the idea, but it wouldn’t work. I don’t know if you have noticed, but the maps are locked in time relevant to the Personal Story. In the starter zones, the time line of those maps, reflect whats happening in the Personal Story. As you progress the PS, and change maps, the time line adjusts to in those areas, leading up to Orr, and the Pact. If you never did any of the PS, and went into Orr, its a bit confusing when trying to follow the narrative. What is this “Pact”? What are the Orders? Whats a “Whispers agent”? or a “Vigil Crusader”? Etc.

Although they did kinda mess with the time line, with the Tower of Nightmares, and the destruction of Lions Arch and leaving the wreckage behind. New players were confused, and returning players only saw the destruction, but had no idea what happened. In short it was a mess, and frustrated and confused a lot of people, including vets who play on a regular basis.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I mean there is still Black Desert .. and don’t forget that Wildstar gets F2P .. this time
all the people that seek “challenging content” will really go there .. i really believe that

Until they remember why they quit previous games with gear grind raid systems in the first place.

But we’ll see I suppose.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

I dabble in all game modes (PvX), but I also add something to the game on my OWN, which has helped my boredom!

ROLE PLAYING!

Yes, trust me, role playing adds so much more to a MMORPG, because you actually act as your character, develop a story, and even travel Tyria, in a whole new way when you incorporate roleplaying. I have gone on many adventures with other Roleplayers during my time in Tyria, and let me tell you, without RPing, id be bored by now. You see the game differently than just grind, grind, grind. Sadly lots of people in GW2 and other MMOs are GRIND ZOMBIES and do not realize that by Roleplaying and getting in touch with your character, do you really open up other exciting ways to play a MMORPG.

We should rp, i wanna try! :P

OMG definitely! Its so much fun! RP hotspots are Divinity’s Reach, and Lion’s Arch.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

Shen Slayer.3058

I mean there is still Black Desert .. and don’t forget that Wildstar gets F2P .. this time
all the people that seek “challenging content” will really go there .. i really believe that

Until they remember why they quit previous games with gear grind raid systems in the first place.

But we’ll see I suppose.

You mean like the world boss zerk system we currently have?

Just a flesh wound.3589

But we’ll see I suppose.

In some ways the megaservers was the best thing since sliced bread. For regular events in everyday maps, it revitalized them. Unless you’re one of the people who like to play an MMO and be totally alone, it means there is always someone there to do events with or to help out.

For the world bosses, it been little short of disasterous. Hordes of players dpsing them down. So many they overwhelm the bosses’ mechanics, especially the low level bosses. I remember doing the Golem with only a handful of other players and there were people who used to solo it. The Shaman used to walk out on the lake and throw out aoe fields that killed people. Now he stands in one spot and fights (or tries to fight) the horde around him. The Fire Elemental was a dangerous fight that killed you if you weren’t paying attention and dodging. Heck, it killed you even if you were. Now it’s an AFK fight.

I wish they would put at least some of the Meta bosses in an instance. A green star on the map puts you and a set number of people (10 maybe) in the instance so the boss isn’t overwhelmed by the numbers.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well I am here replying to this thread instead of in game playing, so yea you could say I’m bored.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

Anybody else getting bored of open world PvE now?

I try to continue to do the meta events, but most of them are just AA fest,,, with a few good meta events, but with long cooldowns, and require team coordination and population, which some reason the game still doesnt have a good server merge feature yet, even with Megaservers.

I cant wait to play HoT again. To get new places to play in, with new meta events that will be different and harder on a low population maps in a balanced way. Also gliding was lots of fun.

But I really want something different for world PvE. Elite Specs should add to the fun element in PvE. Plan to play classes I dont normally play, using their elite specs.

but the PvE content itself, Improve overall from the vanilla world PvE.

Think I may do some PvP or something. WvW is also dead on my server.

when it comes to PvE i love it and like it . but i will admit with this new pack they bring more PvE open content to the game . and as well to the core part of the game. always fun going over every inch of the maps more then once . and i hope they also add some new music to pve as well too

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I am not bored with the PvE game when I start a play session. Sometimes, I am by the time I end the session, though. Sometimes, I just end because I’m tired, want a break, or have something else to do. I tend to prefer leveling content, as I can often find much more challenge in unattended events, or by attacking larger groups of mobs, than I can find in meta-event play. It’s too bad that so high of a percentage of the drops come via those meta-events, as I dislike the way they play, and hate the massive eyesore of particle spam.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

But we’ll see I suppose.

….world bosses are a gear grind raid system? Huh?

I’d like to make a rebuttal but I honestly don’t know what you are trying to say.

I never said open world bosses were any better, I’m just saying people in general are over gear grind raiding systems for the most part.

I’m an ex-raider, I can tell you that you couldn’t pay me to go back to that system. It was awesome while I did it, but it gets old, fast. Going to a new game with that same system may be cool at first, for nostalgia type purposes, but it will get old. Fast.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Shen Slayer.3058

That’s what I mean, there’s nothing left for people to do in the game except farm. They killed Living Story…who knows when the expansion will be release. The only new content is the gem store, at least we got that.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

#boredsince2013

15 charrrrrr dancing in a row

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

ham.8209

That’s what I mean, there’s nothing left for people to do in the game except farm. They killed Living Story…who knows when the expansion will be release. The only new content is the gem store, at least we got that.

if your not finding fun in the game then maybe it,s time to try it a different way . or maybe look at it a different way . and try to keep it simple and easy as i find doing that and going from one map to another one from different ends of the game . makes it fun far as farming goes i just see it as free gold and mat,s that i might need . and there is still lots to do and see in this game. just got to take your time and go by your self . and enjoy the music too . and with Anet i think the game will be put out this year. but i will say it would be nice if they put it out on disk . in case ones comp goes bad or something like that needing a disk . but know that will not happen any more. and the Living Story. i think will be back after the pack comes out. far as the gem store, goes that is noting new there worth getting. till maybe when hot comes out then there might be something new in the store . other wise same old same old . at lest the game is still fun and lot,s to see and do if you do not think to hard LOL

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

pve is not meant to be played as a fun thing, it’s a gold farm tool, everybody is bored from day 1

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

pve is not meant to be played as a fun thing, it’s a gold farm tool, everybody is bored from day 1

A good reward system puts the most efficient way to earn rewards behind the most exciting and fun content possible. And in lots of MMORPGs that’s true but in GW2 is the complete opposite, the more boring and un-interesting an activity is, the more efficient it is for rewards… You can be excited about PVE if the reward system isn’t horrible and based on endless grind.

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

A good reward system puts the most efficient way to earn rewards behind the most exciting and fun content possible. And in lots of MMORPGs that’s true but in GW2 is the complete opposite, the more boring and un-interesting an activity is, the more efficient it is for rewards… You can be excited about PVE if the reward system isn’t horrible and based on endless grind.

I disagree entirely.

maddoctor.2738

I disagree entirely.

You mean the most grindy effortless activities aren’t the most rewarding in this game?

Narrrz.7532

You mean the most grindy effortless activities aren’t the most rewarding in this game?

I don’t think a good reward system need be one in which the most “fun” content is also the most efficient.
apart from the obvious problem that multiple different types and categories of content can be considered fun and there is no real metric to measure the average fun yielded by content, this would require all content to yield rewards proportionate to time invested, which is the most easily exploitable system i can think of offhand (and would lead to a worse outcome than grinding; deliberately prolonging content as long as you can stand to, or even just sitting idle while the minutes/hours/days rack up)

I also disagree that most MMOs implement a good system, and that GW2 isn’t one of them. I don’t think either of those things are true, but those are harder points to argue because they’re based on my subjective (typically negative and typically positive, respectively) experiences.

maddoctor.2738

I don’t think a good reward system need be one in which the most “fun” content is also the most efficient.

Why? Game companies should focus on the best and more fun aspects of their games than the least fun ones. And a way to focus their playerbase on those is through rewards.

apart from the obvious problem that multiple different types and categories of content can be considered fun and there is no real metric to measure the average fun yielded by content, this would require all content to yield rewards proportionate to time invested, which is the most easily exploitable system i can think of offhand (and would lead to a worse outcome than grinding; deliberately prolonging content as long as you can stand to, or even just sitting idle while the minutes/hours/days rack up)

Well there is a way to measure “fun”. Asking the community. See which types of content they play and enjoy. Unfortunately the current problem with the game is that some activities are overflowing with players (and seem to Anet like everyone likes them) not because they are fun but because they have the most rewards.

If the rewards were more balanced out, then we might’ve seen players going to other activities instead and have a better metric of what the community actually enjoy.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Definitely seeing a trend with these topics.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Incorrect statement is incorrect.

I had a blast to explore the world when I leveled my first character 3 years ago. I even had fun when I leveled my 7th character some months ago, the old school way.
Liked the temple events.
Had a lot of fun in Southsun.
Really liked Marionette and most of ls1.
Had fun with Triple headed Worm and Tequatl when they were new.
Had fun when SW was new.

Of course the old bosses that did not get a revised mechanic that forced players to think when they first encountered them are boring now.

Narrrz.7532

Why? Game companies should focus on the best and more fun aspects of their games than the least fun ones. And a way to focus their playerbase on those is through rewards.

You kinda took that sentence out of context. I don’t disagree with the sentiment, just the practicalities of actually labeling a single piece (or even a set) of content as the most fun.

Well there is a way to measure “fun”. Asking the community. See which types of content they play and enjoy. Unfortunately the current problem with the game is that some activities are overflowing with players (and seem to Anet like everyone likes them) not because they are fun but because they have the most rewards.

The community hardly speaks with one voice, and certainly is not of one mind, and if the average player is anything like me, what they consider the most fun changes day to day. Again – even if implementable, a community-controlled system for determining which content was to be the most rewarding (on a given day or in general) would be easily and instantly exploited.

Hell, it probably wouldn’t even change the game from how it is now – if there’s one thing the average RPG gamer likes, it’s being rewarded. And while new content is novel and fun content is, well, fun, the novel gets stale and fun tends to look a little washed out on your 50th run through. So what would likely happen is that people would vote for what they saw as either the easiest or fastest content to be the most rewarding, so they can rack up their precious lewt at the most expedient manner possible.

If the rewards were more balanced out, then we might’ve seen players going to other activities instead and have a better metric of what the community actually enjoy.

The thing is, the rewards are largely balanced out – and people do do all sorts of activities. Been to Orr lately? i’ve done map completion on all three zones twice this last week, and the whole time i was there, there were enough to players to complete basically every event i came across. On the second time around, in Cursed shores, there was a full fledged event train going on. The world boss train operates 24/7 and typically overflows the target instances to the point that enough people wind up in secondary or even tertiary maps that the bosses are easily completed there, too. At practically every hour of the day or night, groups are available for basically any dungeon path or fractal level range. Doing further map completion in lower level zones, it’s rare for me to be able to complete even an easy event without another player showing up. People are out there, doing all aspects of the game as it already stands. That, more than anything, tells me the current rewards scheme is working.

Sure, the Silverwastes is an efficient source of income, and even the chest train can be kinda fun once in a while, for a tour or two – it’s nice to be part of a larger group of players all working towards the same purpose, but i don’t care to do it for even multiple hours at a stretch, much less the full days that some people put in. But it’s there, it’s an option, and likely upwards of 90% of the level 80s you run into doing other activities know all about the chest train, and even if they’ve never explicitly thought of it as such, they know that it’s at least one of the more efficient ways to make money, but they’re doing something else anyway, because at the time that thing is more fun and/or rewarding in the way that is meaningful to them.

I’m not sure what your idea of more balanced rewards entails, and certainly if you have specifics in mind, you should post them where devs might be able to see them, but i don’t see how the problem possibly can be as severe as you are making it out to be.

maddoctor.2738

Of course the old bosses that did not get a revised mechanic that forced players to think when they first encountered them are boring now.

Killing the Fire Elemental boss of Metrica Province during the first couple of weeks after release was an EPIC accomplishment

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Killing the Fire Elemental boss of Metrica Province during the first couple of weeks after release was an EPIC accomplishment

Man, no joke. Probably one of the deadliest bosses in vanilla. But . . . nerf, nerf, nerf.

Gone to Reddit.

maddoctor.2738

The community hardly speaks with one voice, and certainly is not of one mind, and if the average player is anything like me, what they consider the most fun changes day to day. Again – even if implementable, a community-controlled system for determining which content was to be the most rewarding (on a given day or in general) would be easily and instantly exploited.

Well I’m not talking about a system that changes all the time based on what the community does. My idea would be to change FUTURE content on current trends.

The thing is, the rewards are largely balanced out – and people do do all sorts of activities. Been to Orr lately? i’ve done map completion on all three zones twice this last week, and the whole time i was there, there were enough to players to complete basically every event i came across. On the second time around, in Cursed shores, there was a full fledged event train going on. The world boss train operates 24/7 and typically overflows the target instances to the point that enough people wind up in secondary or even tertiary maps that the bosses are easily completed there, too. At practically every hour of the day or night, groups are available for basically any dungeon path or fractal level range. Doing further map completion in lower level zones, it’s rare for me to be able to complete even an easy event without another player showing up. People are out there, doing all aspects of the game as it already stands. That, more than anything, tells me the current rewards scheme is working.

I didn’t have the same experience outside of daily event maps so I don’t think the system is working very well. There is a reason they are adding the new map rewards, which is an amazing new way of rewarding players on all zones btw, if everything was fine they wouldn’t do it. if they thought world events were well rewarding they wouldn’t add an extra system of rewards on top of it, or at least that’s what I think. Changes like this one is what we need

I’m not sure what your idea of more balanced rewards entails, and certainly if you have specifics in mind, you should post them where devs might be able to see them, but i don’t see how the problem possibly can be as severe as you are making it out to be.

Well. I can give an easy example, dungeon rewards. No I’m not comparing them to trains or sw, I’ll only compare the paths of the SAME dungeon, for example the Ruined City of Arah. The rewards of the 4 dungeon paths make little to no sense, especially how low the rewards are on path 4.

maddoctor.2738

Man, no joke. Probably one of the deadliest bosses in vanilla. But . . . nerf, nerf, nerf.

I also remember the first time I saw the Shatterer intro. “This will be EPIC!” was what I thought. I really miss the days when the community didn’t know how to finish bosses and everything looked so hard and awesome.

Narrrz.7532

Well I’m not talking about a system that changes all the time based on what the community does. My idea would be to change FUTURE content on current trends.

Then it just becomes more difficult. Tell me, in your own words, how should the events in verdant brink work? What, specifically, should be included, and what, specifically, should be avoided?
I tend to think of dealing with groups of gamers as similar to dealing with a young child. Ask a question like, “what sort of fun do you want?” and the most coherent answer you’re likely to get is ‘fun!’

Well. I can give an easy example, dungeon rewards. No I’m not comparing them to trains or sw, I’ll only compare the paths of the SAME dungeon, for example the Ruined City of Arah. The rewards of the 4 dungeon paths make little to no sense, especially how low the rewards are on path 4.

Oh god. I mean, you’ve picked a good example, but now, instead of thinking “hmmkay, i’ll go do a quick half hour of SW chests” Now i’m imaging trying to work up the resolve to do a daily Arah dungeon run.
In a lot of cases i think the problem is less that the rewards aren’t there, it’s that the content is too unenjoyable/difficult to make any reward worth that pain. I still don’t have my dungeon master title thanks to Arah. That’s a case where it’s not the rewards but rather the content that needs reexamining.

I didn’t have the same experience outside of daily event maps so I don’t think the system is working very well. There is a reason they are adding the new map rewards, which is an amazing new way of rewarding players on all zones btw, if everything was fine they wouldn’t do it. if they thought world events were well rewarding they wouldn’t add an extra system of rewards on top of it, or at least that’s what I think. Changes like this one is what we need.

I’m definitely not against a chest-style reward for most events, but its going to create a further problem in itself in that whatever it rewards will suddenly enter the economy in prolific quantity, probably crashing the market/s.

I mean, strictly speaking, world events aren’t rewarding, and that’s because the main thing they reward is exp, which is now useless at 80. That’s changing, of course – enough? – but right now a pittance of copper and a few hundred points of the somewhat intangible karma currency aren’t meaningful rewards by any stretch. the main reward of an event (discounting the novelty of participating) is that they often offer much better mob density along with a beacon attracting other players, who in turn help cope with the elevated enemy numbers. Of course, this reward is only meaningful because you can loot the foes of most events, which is not true of SW.

As nice as chests are, if they replaced the SW system by allowing event mobs to drop loot, i think that’s a change i personally would endorse.

maddoctor.2738

Then it just becomes more difficult. Tell me, in your own words, how should the events in verdant brink work? What, specifically, should be included, and what, specifically, should be avoided?

Now I didn’t play the beta but from what I read, the mobs and events in verdant brink are more engaging and fun than other parts of the game. I don’t have much to add about those, the devs already figured it out.

Oh god. I mean, you’ve picked a good example, but now, instead of thinking “hmmkay, i’ll go do a quick half hour of SW chests” Now i’m imaging trying to work up the resolve to do a daily Arah dungeon run.
In a lot of cases i think the problem is less that the rewards aren’t there, it’s that the content is too unenjoyable/difficult to make any reward worth that pain. I still don’t have my dungeon master title thanks to Arah. That’s a case where it’s not the rewards but rather the content that needs reexamining.

That’s why I didn’t want a comparisson between SW chest farming and Arah P4 but Arah paths between them. You say that the difficulty of Arah P4 is the main reason for it not being run, let me ask something different, if Arah P4 had actually amazing rewards would it be run more often? Is it really the difficulty that makes it so unlikeable?

I’m definitely not against a chest-style reward for most events, but its going to create a further problem in itself in that whatever it rewards will suddenly enter the economy in prolific quantity, probably crashing the market/s.

If the giant eye market is crashed I don’t think anyone will bother :P

Narrrz.7532

Now I didn’t play the beta but from what I read, the mobs and events in verdant brink are more engaging and fun than other parts of the game. I don’t have much to add about those, the devs already figured it out.

Fair call. I did and the events there are a lot more engaging – it feels a bit more like drytop, with silverwastes style rewards.
What i was getting at, though, is that when put on the spot, it’s quite difficult to list exact requirements for your personal enjoyment. “Not like silverwastes” doesn’t give all that much help – they could just as easily conclude that you didn’t like constant, closely packed multi-stage meta events, which i’m presuming wouldn’t be the case for the average complainant.

You say that the difficulty of Arah P4 is the main reason for it not being run, let me ask something different, if Arah P4 had actually amazing rewards would it be run more often? Is it really the difficulty that makes it so unlikeable?

Well i think statistically it’s the least run path. The rewards are the same as any other Arah path, and some people are motivated to run the dungeon for the related achieves/currency/rewards. If it were enjoyable, they’d prefer P4 to other paths (though i’d expect a more even spread even then, because setting aside the question of enjoyment i think P4 is the longest)

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

About 2 and a half years ago. What’s fun about mapping after the first time/zerging around and afking world bosses?

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

ham.8209

that might be the case for you . but there are thos of us who enjoy and love pve for what it is and are not bored with it at all . unlike you seam to think or try to point out. not only that to some of us it is not a gold thing as well too. and i have not been bored with this since or after day one at all . and i hope they add more pve to this game with hot coming out too !!!!

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I’ve been bored with open world content for a while. Its all easy because it has to be balanced for casuals and players who just don’t care. I understand why it has to be balanced for those types but it doesn’t make it any more fun.

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Probably because there hasn’t been an update in a long time + The most rewarding content in this game is running around and pressing F to open chests like some idiotic flash game.

They should really buff rewards from doing other stuff….

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Oh .. is there a game where i get the best rewards hanging around in Town and
RP’ing with my friends and show them my new outfits ? Please tell me the name.

Disclaimer : not for everyone is something like raiding really fun, for many its
just a necessary evil you have to deal with in other games if you want rewards.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

Since this thread is about open world pve in general I’d like to add that I wish there was incentive to party for map exploration. Mainly hearts. If you are partied with someone, working the same heart as them, your progress is accrued individually. The thing that bothers me about this, is it makes cooperating on map exploration unrealistic. One person tends to finish before the other and over long period of times gets bored waiting in the heart area for the other person to finish. My wife and I ran map exploration together and tried to stick together for as long as possible. But after about 14 or 15 maps it literally just became an all out race between us to finish first, splitting up in our own directions at the beginning and not communicating or helping each other at all.

I would like to see players get 25% credit toward the heart for each action members of their party does w/in the heart zone. This way, hearts can be completed in the same amount of time solo, but significantly faster if partied, providing incentive to party. A full party of 5 can complete quest twice as fast, which isn’t unreasonable and gives groups incentive to stay together.

Posted by: Hertz.1309

Hertz.1309

I don’t get why there is so much complaining and whining. This mentality of “This certain aspect isn’t appealing to my exact tastes, lets complain and have it changed endlessly.” Tis exactly what kills the best MMORPGs.

Hërtz- Ranger Extraordinaire
(FG) Firestorm Gemini -1990s Guild Re-Founder
“Like a Phoenix reborn at the hands of the Two Gods. Fire and flames will prevail.”

Dinks.2478

I don’t get why there is so much complaining and whining. This mentality of “This certain aspect isn’t appealing to my exact tastes, lets complain and have it changed endlessly.” Tis exactly what kills the best MMORPGs.

I don’t see how that is what this is? This is a legitimate complaint against a game-mode that is stale and boring after being mostly untouched for 3 years.

Posted by: Hertz.1309

Hertz.1309

I reference not only this situation, but all things associated with this game and others..Classes, loot, how this should work and shouldn’t work. 3 years is a long time, but its not the longest. People ask for so much then get let down when something else isn’t done a certain way that in the end, nobody is happy and the game is ruined. That’s more than likely why the developers haven’t touched the PvE yet. (keyword: yet.)

Is it boring. Yes. Every PvE environment is boring. NPCs are not engaging because they have no intellect on the human level. Environments are pretty the first time then they are repetitive..There is no end-all way to fix these things. There is only so many types of missions and things to collect until its all the same. Hence, WvW, PvP, raids and special events were made to occupy your attention and give you a greater goal. I think we should stop focusing on an unchangeable problem.

In this case, i don’t think its so much the games fault as it is the player who lets themselves get bored.

Hërtz- Ranger Extraordinaire
(FG) Firestorm Gemini -1990s Guild Re-Founder
“Like a Phoenix reborn at the hands of the Two Gods. Fire and flames will prevail.”

maddoctor.2738

I think there is one called Second Life that does that.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think there is one called Second Life that does that.

Real Life has that also. But you need to make sure you have rich parents first. It’s totally pay to win.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

That’s why I didn’t want a comparisson between SW chest farming and Arah P4 but Arah paths between them. You say that the difficulty of Arah P4 is the main reason for it not being run, let me ask something different, if Arah P4 had actually amazing rewards would it be run more often? Is it really the difficulty that makes it so unlikeable?

Aetherpath has a whole set of weapons worth hundreds of gold apiece on the TP that drop only there, and people still avoid it like the plague.

Dinks.2478

Aetherpath has a whole set of weapons worth hundreds of gold apiece on the TP that drop only there, and people still avoid it like the plague.

Oh yes, my favorite thing to do is to run Aetherpath hundreds of times and get no loot because of a poor RNG system. They don’t avoid it because they don’t want the loot, they avoid it because they don’t get the loot.

Narrrz.7532

The low chance is part of what makes it valuable. that’s the paradox of rewards. if it’s too easy to get it’s not valuable.

maddoctor.2738

Oh yes, my favorite thing to do is to run Aetherpath hundreds of times and get no loot because of a poor RNG system. They don’t avoid it because they don’t want the loot, they avoid it because they don’t get the loot.

There are a lot of players I know that like Aetherpath, I run it a lot too. However after the 100th run without getting anything worthwhile it gets boring. It’s similar to Fractals, although I love running fractals and had a blast going from 30-50 with a regular team of guildies, after the 500th run without getting the skin I wanted it stopped being fun.

For Aetherpath I have a solution for the RNG issue. Make it so every time you complete the achievements (repeatable) you get extra chances for loot in the end. It will make the path considerably harder and take much more time (which will help keeping the rewards valuable) but at least give a chance to avoid the RNG of the rewards.

RNG kills rewards

Narrrz.7532

If you want them for their value, making them more common/less random is just as likely to work against you as for you.

If you want the rewards for themselves, then yes, RNG is not your friend.

maddoctor.2738

If you want them for their value, making them more common/less random is just as likely to work against you as for you.

If you want the rewards for themselves, then yes, RNG is not your friend.

The idea is to make the dungeon itself more important and find out if the reason few run it is because it’s hard or because the rewards are terrible (not their value, their RNG).