central Tyria mastery points (non-HOT)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Great response, I agree. We have a right to express our opinion in the forum as long as our posts are within the rules.

I am in a very small guild of friends who used to play regularly. We all had different schedules but every now and then our schedules aligned and we enjoyed playing GW2 together. As HoT approached, Anet started neglecting the game. No new stuff or even replay of old Festivals until the expansion came out. After a while, my friends and I started playing less and less. Finally, Halloween and then the Expansion. We come back only to discover that Anet has decided that our Guild doesn’t count. Since 3 of us are hardly on at one time, and we only party up about half the time as we are often working on different stuff, our Guild is dead. So much for playing as I enjoy.

And the same goes for Mastery Points. It isn’t a question of whether I can find a way to do them. It is a question of whether it will be fun.

With all due respect, Sir/Ms., your sincere disappointment isn’t shared by many, even if valid from your particular point of view.

Really? You polled all the players in the game? Can I see the data?

Are you serious? Did you read at all (even the small sentence you are quoting)? And was I disrespectful to you in any way or fashion as you are being to me there?

How am I being disrespectful? I asked a question. You state that my disappointment isn’t shared by many. How could you know that if you hadn’t received opinions from them?

The question is obviously disrespectful, trolling, quite the childish mockery, and an insult to anyone’s intelligence. Read your very own reply, and find your own answer therein-failing that, re-read the whole thread.

You couldn’t be serious or otherwise are just trolling to provoke. If that’s true, don’t waste our time please. I never insulted you for being “disappointed”, nor even invalidated your right to feel as you wish-don’t attack me for feeling very differently than you do.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Great response, I agree. We have a right to express our opinion in the forum as long as our posts are within the rules.

I am in a very small guild of friends who used to play regularly. We all had different schedules but every now and then our schedules aligned and we enjoyed playing GW2 together. As HoT approached, Anet started neglecting the game. No new stuff or even replay of old Festivals until the expansion came out. After a while, my friends and I started playing less and less. Finally, Halloween and then the Expansion. We come back only to discover that Anet has decided that our Guild doesn’t count. Since 3 of us are hardly on at one time, and we only party up about half the time as we are often working on different stuff, our Guild is dead. So much for playing as I enjoy.

And the same goes for Mastery Points. It isn’t a question of whether I can find a way to do them. It is a question of whether it will be fun.

With all due respect, Sir/Ms., your sincere disappointment isn’t shared by many, even if valid from your particular point of view.

Really? You polled all the players in the game? Can I see the data?

Are you serious? Did you read at all (even the small sentence you are quoting)? And was I disrespectful to you in any way or fashion as you are being to me there?

How am I being disrespectful? I asked a question. You state that my disappointment isn’t shared by many. How could you know that if you hadn’t received opinions from them?

The question is obviously disrespectful, trolling, quite the childish mockery, and an insult to anyone’s intelligence. Read your very own reply, and find your own answer therein-failing that, re-read the whole thread.

You couldn’t be serious or otherwise are just trolling to provoke. If that’s true, don’t waste our time please. I never insulted you for being “disappointed”, nor even invalidated your right to feel as you wish-don’t attack me for feeling very differently than you do.

If I can offer a little objective third-party perspective without agreeing or disagreeing with either side… I think it’s unproductive to call Djinn’s question “trolling” or a “childish mockery”. It seems like nothing more than a joke born of frustration he’s feeling in the game (whether it’s deserved or not) and calling it trolling doesn’t leave much room for the real trolling, which is much worse. I didn’t think any less of you, Star Ace, after reading Djinn’s question. It just doesn’t come across as insulting or attacking. Let’s put those terms aside and continue with the discussion of the topic.

Posted by: Heezdedjim.8902

Heezdedjim.8902

Just as a heads up, the Mastery Points for Personal Story are awarded on a per-chapter basis. So once you complete Chapter 1 and earn the Achievement for it, you’ve earned the Mastery Point for Chapter 1. This includes each different starting storyline: I believe the right names are: Graduation Day, For The Legion!, Crime and Punishment, Rising to the Challenge, and Waking from the Nightmare. Similarly, whichever Order you join, there’s just one Mastery Point there.
Hopefully this helps clarify the total number of Mastery Points you should be expecting from your previous accomplishments in Tyria. That said, the different stories really are fantastic, and should definitely be experienced, but for your own pleasure, and not for Mastery Points. If any of you still think you are missing MPs from Achievements you’ve completed, let us know via the in-game Bug Report tool and we’ll try to identify if there’s a bigger issue happening.

This response indicates to me that you do not fully understand that there is a bigger issue happening. I have bug reported it in game, no response. I posted in a thread on here, no response. I have seen at least five or six other threads with multiple responses on here saying people are having the same issue. But, you have not yet actually responded to and acknowledged this problem in a single one of those threads or bug reports.

The problem is this: If you completed the races and orders personal story steps before the launch of HoT, then you will have points awarded — 3 for each race’s complete story, and 5 total for the completed story for all three orders. But if you complete those same story steps today, then you will not get the points, even though the completed step shows up with a mastery point icon.

I don’t think you all actually understand that this means that there are 20 out of 22 possible mastery points in the personal story that currently cannot be earned.

I think you should take a look at the wiki, and take a look at the Hero section of the achievements window in-game on a character that has all story segments completed, and actually count up the points that are shown as supposed to be awarded.

According to all the information we have been given by you, there are supposed to be 3 points for fully completing a racial story (a total of 15 points from playing all races through) and 5 points from doing all the steps of all three orders, up until just before the final two chapters.

Again, look at this page:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hero_

This is where I am getting this information from. There are fully 20 points that cannot be earned from the personal story that are indicated as being awarded from all those race stories, starting with “Crime and Punishment” straight on through the order stories all the way to “This Far, No Further.”

Also, I have confirmed with multiple guild mates that people who did these exact same steps before HoT launched did get points awarded for them by the retroactive one-time points catch up thing you did. But anyone who completes these steps after HoT launched is not getting the points. The achievements display with a mastery point icon in-game after they’re completed. We just don’t get the actual points.

And again, as I stated, this has been bug reported multiple times, and there are multiple threads with dozens of people complaining about the same issue. There is a thread right now on the first page of the bug reports forum about it. Search in there and you will find at least half a dozen others on the same topic with multiple reports.

And yet your comment that I quoted here seems to be saying that you all are not even aware that there is a problem. Which may explain why this issue still has not been fixed, or even acknowledged at all, more than a month after this system launched.

(edited by Heezdedjim.8902)

Posted by: Scar Rufo.7935

Scar Rufo.7935

Well I hope this thread is not closed b/c of some minor disagreements when a person from ANet finally responded. I posted here a month ago and am restating the same issue. I will also post in the thread on the Bug forum after this. While I am very mad about the situation, I am trying to be polite in hopes that Anet might take this seriously and not as a “whiner”

I went through my Hero panel and counted all the achievements that I have; just topped 20,000. Based on the completed achievements on the various tabs of the hero page my account should have 42 central tyria mastery points. However, the mastery page shows 27 spent points and 5 saved, ready to spend. So when I do the math, 42-32= 10. So I am missing TEN MASTERY POINTS. Hope that is clear.

So I keep reading these threads and finally an Anet person has noticed; very happy. They say “submit a bug report” – I have submitted 4-5 bug reports and one more today. Many ppl including me have noticed that there is something to do w/the personal stories; I completed all of them pre-launch; I do not know of any Catch-up that has been done, and if there was a Catch-up it did not work for me.

So knidly Anet person, look at my account and the bug reports I have submitted and that may be one place to start. Maybe these other nice ppl posting here have the same problem; I would think that is why they took the time to post here.

Maybe keep us updated as to the progress in fixing this would be nice. Hope that you see that this is an issue for many folks and will be able to fix it soon.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

This has to be the most patronizing thing I’ve read in ages, and you accuse the other guy of being disrespectful when he rightfully calls you out for presuming to speak for others? Give me a break.

Posted by: Elecdruid.7809

Elecdruid.7809

Just as a heads up, the Mastery Points for Personal Story are awarded on a per-chapter basis. So once you complete Chapter 1 and earn the Achievement for it, you’ve earned the Mastery Point for Chapter 1. This includes each different starting storyline: I believe the right names are: Graduation Day, For The Legion!, Crime and Punishment, Rising to the Challenge, and Waking from the Nightmare. Similarly, whichever Order you join, there’s just one Mastery Point there.
Hopefully this helps clarify the total number of Mastery Points you should be expecting from your previous accomplishments in Tyria. That said, the different stories really are fantastic, and should definitely be experienced, but for your own pleasure, and not for Mastery Points.
If any of you still think you are missing MPs from Achievements you’ve completed, let us know via the in-game Bug Report tool and we’ll try to identify if there’s a bigger issue happening.

Really? This is the only Reply we have so far?
People complaining since release of HoT and you just tell us how to count???
I wrote 2 Ingame Tickets, used the E-Mail Support and both the English and German forum. And the result is: NOTHING!
I´m STILL 7 points short…and yes I know how to count!
The communication of the support and devs is just…hilarious!
Please add more content you need to fix like raids, spvp and stuff…but please don´t fix your major bugs first!

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

This has to be the most patronizing thing I’ve read in ages, and you accuse the other guy of being disrespectful when he rightfully calls you out for presuming to speak for others? Give me a break.

Insteaf of being a “kitten” towards people you don’t know anything about, just agree to disagree-or else, point out when I spoke for others. His attack wasn’t “righteous” one bit, and you lot are just being antagonistic towards those who do not share your views; intolerance, the same old human story. Despise the game/ANet, whatever-is your right, whatever I think of it, which you shouldn’t care or mind about as much as seemingly you do based on the above.

Do everyone share your views? And did I ever claim that everybody shares mine? Be spokespeople for yourselves, not the community at large.

Posted by: kickingshoes.2410

kickingshoes.2410

Hopefully this helps clarify the total number of Mastery Points you should be expecting from your previous accomplishments in Tyria. That said, the different stories really are fantastic, and should definitely be experienced, but for your own pleasure, and not for Mastery Points.
If any of you still think you are missing MPs from Achievements you’ve completed, let us know via the in-game Bug Report tool and we’ll try to identify if there’s a bigger issue happening.

There are multiple threads (now merged) indicating that this is a bigger problem https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Missing-Tyria-mastery-points-Merged/page/2

Also, I’ve BEEN reporting the bug and sending tickets since it STARTED and haven’t gotten anything other then the default response.

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

There are multiple threads (now merged) indicating that this is a bigger problem https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Missing-Tyria-mastery-points-Merged/page/2

Also, I’ve BEEN reporting the bug and sending tickets since it STARTED and haven’t gotten anything other then the default response.

Same here i ve also done the ingame bug report but i ve got no answer

Posted by: malachi.7503

malachi.7503

In HoT I can run around zones and earn extra mastery points from various nodes. it took me a little bit but I got an understanding of that locations set up. Tyria on the other hand has me at a complete standstill. I’m a relative new player on a month old account having bought hot specifically just after the first of this month. By the middle of the month I’d leveled to 80 and completed multiple achievements, yet tyria is completely unleveled except for a few things. I think I had a total of 10 tyria masteries, and at first didn’t realize i had to bypass my entire personal story and jump to HoT story line just to begin the entire process.
Not only does the tyria mastery lines need to be made more accessible as HoT content is, but there needs to be some type of explanation for new players to understand what they need to do to get the process started at level 80. I didn’t like having to skip ahead in my story progression. Once I did it I realized how ever that much of the HoT is locked behind mandatory Mastery unlocks.

No Retreat No Surrender

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I have even opened a ticket because i bought a new character Slot. created a Charr
and played the lvl 10 personal story, and did NOT get my mastery point.

Support said its a known issue and you work on it, and i should better stop
playing the story until i read about a fix in the patch notes. So did support
didn’t tell me the truth and you are not working on it and think all is fine ???

I had 2 mastery points before i did that story and still had only 2 after it :

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

What are these ‘Story Points’?

I see no MPs at all listed for the Personal Story in the Achievement log under Story Journal, unlike those in LS2 and HOT which show MP icons against each chapter.

The Personal Story (from original GW2) doesn’t have them listed in the Story Journal but has them listed with the appropriate achievement in the General and then the Hero tab of the achievements section. They are tied to the story progression (for example as a human: Born on the Streets, Investigating your sister, Helping the Orders, Advancing through an Order, Forming the Pact, and Defeating Zhaitan) instead of each instance. Each race has one for the story before joining an order.

It looks like, after completing the Human story steps, it has removed the mastery point from the other races that lead up to joining an order. I don’t know if this was by design or if it is a bug.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: DirewolfX.5861

DirewolfX.5861

The problem is this: If you completed the races and orders personal story steps before the launch of HoT, then you will have points awarded — 3 for each race’s complete story, and 5 total for the completed story for all three orders. But if you complete those same story steps today, then you will not get the points, even though the completed step shows up with a mastery point icon.

I’m pretty sure he said the opposite of this, albeit in a confusing way. Regardless of which race or order you pick, you get 1 mastery point per chapter. Playing the alternate story paths (i.e. a different race) doesn’t get you any more mastery points. So there are in total 8 (or 9?) mastery points from the story: one for each chapter.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I only have 13 for some reason, despite having quite a few achievements unlocked. I guess I should have been doing things like jumping puzzles (which I can never do) instead of obvious things like personal stories and fighting bosses.

The irony of this statement is that every personal story chapter achievement (42 for personal story, 16 for S2) gives a mastery point. And that the boss kill achievements give mastery points too.

And jumping puzzles, except for one or two harder ones, don’t.

Please anet, give us a better way to earn mastery points. You are at a distinct disadvantage if you have no interest in non-pve content and are rubbish at jumping puzzles.

Not including jumping puzzles, non-PvE content, or scavenger hunts you can obtain 53 Central Tyria mastery points.

Max total of Central Tyria mastery points: 58.

Yeah, I think they did. The five you’ll not be able to get are from 2 jumping puzzles and 3 scavenger hunts.

There isn’t a single non-PvE mastery point.

Edit:

The achievements is VERY misleading and, IMO, it should be per achievement because you’re experiencing different storylines.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

hi guys, just to add a few things ,

in game bug report may I say I have did this and also on looking for a reply on a ticket over 3 days. Have 49 chars over 30 with world complete

As my emails a lot of them via support going on since 4th nov

the final one came as

Beast T (Guild Wars 2 Support)

Nov 27, 08:54

Hello

Sadly at this time we do not have the ability to apply experience towards masteries or supply you with mastery points. Everything is working for you correctly now right? The only way I could see you possibly getting anything regarding mastery experience and points is through the bug report you put in regarding this issue. If you have any further questions about this issue feel free to ask.

Regards,

GM Beast T
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

So there you go

(edited by Highlander.9860)

Posted by: xiraus.4716

xiraus.4716

Mastery points in Tyria are a way to force people to do content they don’t like, is not that jumping puzzles, personal story achiv, etc. are not fun, simply some people don’t enjoy it. I rather spend my time doing pvp, meta events or wvw, not going to add dungeons , because dungeons are dead. So more ways for attaining mastery points must be added.

I was finishing my Glint Bastion for example yesterday, oh wait, you have to get silver in this adventure, climb this temple as fast as you can!!, to make a shield ? so I was bored for like an hour doing that which makes no sense at all, cursing my internet provider every time the kitten glider didn’t deploy O.o, what a fun experience =D

My point is simple, that type of content should be optional, not forced down on peoples throat.

Posted by: nickcosta.8256

nickcosta.8256

I’ve been doing personal stories for other chars and didn’t get anything , REALLY ANNOYING. Wasted my entire day, fix this asap, I can’t level my mastery track!
And i don’t want to spend hundred of gold to do collections thx, nor do i want to redo 100s of times story steps to get achivs.

:(

Gandara (TAC)
15chars

Manasa Devi.7958

Insteaf of being a “kitten” towards people you don’t know anything about, just agree to disagree-or else, point out when I spoke for others. His attack wasn’t “righteous” one bit, and you lot are just being antagonistic towards those who do not share your views; intolerance, the same old human story. Despise the game/ANet, whatever-is your right, whatever I think of it, which you shouldn’t care or mind about as much as seemingly you do based on the above.

Do everyone share your views? And did I ever claim that everybody shares mine? Be spokespeople for yourselves, not the community at large.

“your sincere disappointment isn’t shared by many”.

That’s presumptuous of other people’s opinions.

Posted by: Faytar.4903

Faytar.4903

have to say that the anet post is disheartening , each races story path should award a point, but oh well i guess just my opinion on the mater

Posted by: Ninevah.5316

Ninevah.5316

I think people are missing Joshua’s point that playing through the personal story with multiple races does NOT get you additional Mastery Points. If you look at the wiki page for the Hero section and count them, you find 20 listed, but the wiki says only 11 are available from that section. If you recount them while counting only 1 of the races’ set of story MPs, then you get 11.

I agree with a lot of the complaints made about the Mastery Points in Central Tyria. At HoT launch, I had enough to get all of the Pact Commander levels and I’ve trained all of those. I don’t really have much interest in crafting legendaries, but it bugs me to see that XP bar sit at full, but nothing happening from it ‘cuz I’m out of Mastery Points. I don’t have a problem with the Mastery System in general. I just don’t like which achievements in Central Tyria give the Points. I don’t really have much interest in Fractals or Dungeons, so that’s a whole bunch there that I probably won’t get. And a few of the other ones (like the stupid spoon collecting) require random drops from Fractals or Dungeons. So, that limits me a bit further.

Now, in HoT, I have TONS of MPs earned because they can easily be gained by doing most of the meta event parts in each of the new zones. So, I don’t really have a problem with the system, it just seems that so many in Central Tyria are linked to activities I don’t really want to do. Or connected to achievements that seem really arbitrary or random. (really? collecting spoons?)

I ended up buying all of LW Season 2 yesterday, I’ll admit. I’d been thinking about it for a while. When I jumped back into playing GW2 about 6 months ago, I even did all the grinding to finish all the Luminescent Armor pieces—except for buying the season 2 episodes. (dang, some of those LW achievements are hard as heck) So, maybe I’m just playing into Anet’s hands and giving them my real money because of this system. It wouldn’t be so bad if those LW episodes weren’t just so horribly written. The dialogue hurts my ears.

Posted by: Notsoperky.2348

Notsoperky.2348

Ahh, for a moment there I thought I’d found a mastery point not gated behind jump puzzles- spoons.

Then I realised you need to kill trash mobs in a lvl10+ fractal (yep, you guessed it…), and also 40 laurels and 50 ectos for another one of them.

My other post listing the deep joy I was experiencing in Tyria on masteries got , um, ‘moved’…

So might get that one in a month or so if I remember next time laurels = more than 40.

Nope. First spoon in collection gated behind some event, NPC that sells it isn’t there.

Time for bed. Wish I had logged into something else this evening, there has been no fun in my leisure time tonight.

(edited by Notsoperky.2348)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I only have the final HoT legendary collection to unlock for my core Tyria masteries.

I either have to do obscure misc. achievements that are unlikely to be obtained (like the tripe trouble ones or some pain to get collection) or do the season 2 story achievements that are buggy and broken.

I’m pretty much stuck.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Please please please say that this will be revisited!

I have been going back and forth with support trying to figure out why I have much less MPs than the wiki had said. Everything I have not gotten yet is a royal pain and/or a gold sink. Over a year in the game, several hours a day, 9 characters, and I can not complete pact commander? Really?

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

Dunno, I’m a big one for not being forced to do stuff I hate in my escapist fun that I’m paying for, but didn’t have too much trouble unlocking the Pact Commander that I wanted… or have to do anything too obnoxious.

9 from PS including Order, 3 from killing Legendaries in the Silverwastes, 1 from the Cultural armour achievement (I’m a skins junkie, but killing the fourth Legendary, which I’ll eventually get round to, would get me two MPs if I didn’t want to do this), and 7 from just doing the LS2 chapters, except the last since I just don’t want to do that horrible last mission.

Turned out that I hated most of the LS2, but I didn’t know that at the time – and I did really want Pact Commander and the gorgious heavy Carapace skins for an alt, and a couple of lines did make me laugh for a while, so it was just about worth it.

But if you don’t want to buy/do LS2 then you’re out of luck, which is bad news and not in keeping with the game’s previous vibe.

I guess that I’m fortunate that I have no interest in the other two Central Tyria Mastery lines, because all of the remaining ways for me to get MP are just a big, fat ‘Nope!’

I’d certainly vote for alts completing the PS to also get MPs: Think of the extra char slots etc that you’d sell!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I think people are missing Joshua’s point that playing through the personal story with multiple races does NOT get you additional Mastery Points. If you look at the wiki page for the Hero section and count them, you find 20 listed, but the wiki says only 11 are available from that section. If you recount them while counting only 1 of the races’ set of story MPs, then you get 11.

I get that point .. and its either wrong or simply unfair for everyone that did NOT
played the story on all 5 races before HoT .. because we got mutiple points for
each race for all races we did before HoT Release.

I have counted all my points and i had 9 for level 10,20 and 30 story for Norn,
Human and Asura.

And after i wrote a ticket the first time Support told me its a known bug and i
should wait for a patch. And after the post from the Dev here suddenly they
say if i still believe its a bug i should write it in the forums and they can’t help
me.
Thats just a bad joke where one hand doesn’t know what the other does, and
i gues Joshua doesn’t know how the conversion of the points at HoT release
really worked .. because if he is right i should have even 6 points less.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

It seems very inconsistent, from what folks are saying. I’ve got over 20 chars, of all races, at various different points in their Personal Stories, with all three Orders covered. Most of this was done before HoT.

But I only got the maximum possible nine MPs from PS completion (including Order), regardless of how many times I did it; exactly in line with what Joshua wrote.

Menadena.7482

From what I can tell, both testing before and after HOT, I am only getting credit on the PS once as far as MPs go (I did all races but norn before, but did not get them with my norn after as well). That would be expected if it were the same story but with a different race and order it is a completely different story until the pact level.

That is what, a dozen MPs I did not get that any sane person would agree I should have gotten. Meanwhile if I were chasing down HOT ones it would be easy-peasy.

Manasa Devi.7958

and its either wrong or simply unfair for everyone that did NOT

Human and Asura.

say if i still believe its a bug i should write it in the forums and they can’t help
me.

I had all the hero achievements before HoT came out, and they only account for 11 mastery points total: 9 for the stories, 2 for some other achievements. No doubling up for having done all the stories before HoT.

Speaking for my own situation, the accounting on this (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks) wiki page is correct as far as Central Tyria is concerned.

I have 13 points in excess of maxing all CT masteries (costing 49), with 4 yet unearned, for a possible 66 mastery points.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Menadena.7482

If you followed their manifesto though (play your own way) and did not emphasise the things they over-rewarded like fractals you are out of luck with mastery points though. Not only are they arbritrary, but they do not even make sense. Until the pact the a charr/order of whispers PS has nada to do with an asura/priory one … so why should I not get credit for both?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you followed their manifesto though (play your own way) and did not emphasise the things they over-rewarded like fractals you are out of luck with mastery points though. Not only are they arbritrary, but they do not even make sense. Until the pact the a charr/order of whispers PS has nada to do with an asura/priory one … so why should I not get credit for both?

That one is trivial to answer.

If they had made it like it shows in the achievement panel where you would get a point for every race and every story line there would have been complaints that they are being forced to grind these for points. Actually there are posts like that anyway because that UI is really crappy. They should created some meta achievements to handle those cases. There also would have been posts calling ANet a bunch of greedy kittens because they already used up their character slots and it doesn’t cover all races so now they have to buy another slot. There would also have been some (but fewer than the others) complaints that they only have one character and do not like being forced to create alts.

…. but it all comes down to how much wiggle room ANet wants to allow. Right now that is 14 or 17 points(I just forgot the number). If they had allowed everything listed in the achievement panel then it would have been 31 points of wiggle room.

As for fractals containing too many points, the net amount from fractals is only 3 points. It contains 14 but requires only 11 to max.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

and its either wrong or simply unfair for everyone that did NOT

Human and Asura.

me.

I had all the hero achievements before HoT came out, and they only account for 11 mastery points total: 9 for the stories, 2 for some other achievements. No doubling up for having done all the stories before HoT.

Speaking for my own situation, the accounting on this (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks) wiki page is correct as far as Central Tyria is concerned.

I have 13 points in excess of maxing all CT masteries (costing 49), with 4 yet unearned, for a possible 66 mastery points.

Same here, 49 used, 5 extra, 12 unearned. Did all 3 human paths, 2 or 3 Norn, 2 Charr, 1 Sylvari and 2 Asura. All done from months to years before HoT.

Also only 3 out of the 11 points in Fractal Attunement is actually useful. If you have the points anyway then of course you’ll dump them in there but if not then they are a waste of points(just like Itzel Leadership, Nuhoch Proving and Exalted Purification! Except you can’t skip those to get to the next one. >_<)

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

I guess it depends how long you’ve been playing… I feel like I’ve too many MPs to put anywhere useful :/ I want more mastery lines!

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Badly struggling to get enough points to fill out Tyrian masteries. Ive completed Pact Commander, have one point in fractal and legendary. Ive not done any fractals yet, I know theres achievements tied to it. But I am seeing no other easy source of mastery points. So almost at the point of giving up on getting more tyrian mastery lines filled, simply not enough mastery points to do it.

Camping rare champions in silverwastes or living story season 2 achievements is not my idea of fun. Ive better things to do with my time.

The personal story for each of the races REALLY should give more mastery points, thusly encouraging you to play through them all!

(edited by LucianDK.8615)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I am now taking my main toon back through the achievements in order to drum up the 5 that I need to be able to “train” the Legendary tract. I have a full bar lit up in the Mastery Box, but can’t learn it until I gain 5 more masteries.

This toon has map completion and the story up through Chapter 16 in HoT. Granted not all the achievements from the Central Story lines yet, but almost done. And I have not received a single point so far. Lots of loot bags and achievement completion rewards, but no points for the masteries.

So I am adding my voice to this thread to see if they will fix this. I don’t do fractals and have done all the jps in Central Tyria so far. I don’t pvp but like to WvW occasionally, but they really don’t help in this instance because I don’t grind.

I don’t want to grind….but its sad that what used to be workable before HoT launched, now does not work the same way. I supposed I should have gone back and completed the achievements for Living Story 1 and 2, but was not interested in that at the time as I was happily opening up all the map and learning the new HoT maps.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It takes literally a few minutes to redo the Karka Queen. Most jumping puzzles can be portaled with mesmers, and there are often mesmers portaling them. I’m not sure why it’s so hard to get more points for you, but many of them aren’t that hard.

By contrast the story achievement rewards are considered hard y a lot of people.

You know, I have done all jumping puzzles but the one in Silverwastes. And yes, Karka Queen is no problem. But that is 2 points, when to be able to craft one of the new legendaries I would need 12 points. At the end of the day the question is – is this game fun for me, and do I want to keep spending my time in it? If something is not fun, and impacting my enjoyment seriously enough, I will try and let the devs know about it. Which I am doing here. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with how much (or not) you enjoy the game, nor will you trying to dismiss my experience as invalid help matters in the slightest.

I don’t know anyone that’s enjoy every part of the legendary journey. It’s supposed to stretch you, hence it’s called a legendary.

I don’t enjoy running dungeons that much but each legendary requires 9 runs. I didn’t particularly enjoy map completion in WvW and many WvW people that want a legendary don’t enjoy map completion in PvE.

If you must have a legendary you’ll do what’s required to get it, but the game doesn’t require you to get one. If they remove everything from the process that everyone doesn’t like, then there’s be nothing you’d have to do to get one.

Posted by: Phoenix.6917

Phoenix.6917

If HOT MPs can be got simply from killing things it’s good enough for Tyrian ones too.

Also in HoT, you can earn MPs by getting to some secret spot and killing a vet and opening a chest. A chest you can get to over and over again. Sounds a lot like a JP in open Tyria. Why haven’t some of those been turned into MPs. There need to be some “easy” MPs in Tyria, as well as the grindy ones if you are going to balance it out like HoT.

Posted by: Aricel di lania.4860

Aricel di lania.4860

It takes literally a few minutes to redo the Karka Queen. Most jumping puzzles can be portaled with mesmers, and there are often mesmers portaling them. I’m not sure why it’s so hard to get more points for you, but many of them aren’t that hard.

By contrast the story achievement rewards are considered hard y a lot of people

You know, I have done all jumping puzzles but the one in Silverwastes. And yes, Karka Queen is no problem. But that is 2 points, when to be able to craft one of the new legendaries I would need 12 points. At the end of the day the question is – is this game fun for me, and do I want to keep spending my time in it? If something is not fun, and impacting my enjoyment seriously enough, I will try and let the devs know about it. Which I am doing here. And that has nothing whatsoever to do with how much (or not) you enjoy the game, nor will you trying to dismiss my experience as invalid help matters in the slightest.

I am the guild leader of a small guild of friends, we had already researched all the items we wanted for our guild. We had no problem buying and setting out banners regularly. BUT it would seem MY guild ALSO did not matter. We all still play but we are unable to claim a guild hall will no more than 3 of us on at any given time and we lost ALL our ability to make banners. We are very dissatisfied with the direction ArenaNet has taken GW2. It would seem the authors are pandering to the WvW/PvP crowd and has completely forgotten us, the PvE players. It truly makes me sad as I have for years supported GW2 and ArenaNet with an average of $50 every month. I do not believe I will bother any longer since me and my guild do not matter to them.

Posted by: Xtopherus.3912

Xtopherus.3912

So yeah.... I’m a fairly new player with a level 80 character. I’ve gotten the 635,000 points but its just sitting there. I want to start working on mastery points but I have nooo freakin clue how the kitten works. I think it needs a bit of a better system for sure.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

So yeah…. I’m a fairly new player with a level 80 character. I’ve gotten the 635,000 points but its just sitting there. I want to start working on mastery points but I have nooo freakin clue how the kitten works. I think it needs a bit of a better system for sure.

What are your questions?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Noa.7490

Noa.7490

Did all storylines with multiple characters and I’m short of many mastery points. It’s really a big mess and I think Anet should recognize the problem and step up to the plate to fix this.

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I don’t know what everyone is complaining about not having mastery points, when HoT launched and I logged in I believe I had almost enough mastery points except for like one. (Which I went and did karka queen and got the point I needed.)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’re complaining because they didn’t have the achieves under their belt to get the mastery points. I was lucky enough to have exactly the number needed, such that I didn’t even realize for a while that not all vets would because the coincidence was too amazing.

And apparently some of the achieves aren’t so easy now? I certainly feel the pain of the Tyrian mastery seekers as I chase down my last few HoT points to finish the last bit there.

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

Since i commented 2 months ago, things have changed royally. Now I am sitting on 11 excess Central Tyria mastery points, with all central lines filled. It certainly looks like a daunting prospect at first to find them, but they WILL come. Dont fret, just play the game and you will get more than enough.